[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Setting aside his mic work, his booking, the hyper-protected
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: SPEAR.jpg (154 KB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
SPEAR.jpg
154 KB, 1284x722
Setting aside his mic work, his booking, the hyper-protected nature of the latter, etc., putting aside all of that for a second, what do you think of the Superman Punch and SPEAR, are they good moves and does Roman use them well?
>>
>>1351467
they both suck
>>
>>1351467
Superman punch is shit.

Spear is a good move but Roman doesn't use it well. Not his fault though. It's part of WWE devaluing finishers across the board.

If a spear from the Big Show isn't a finisher then how am I expected to believe a spear from someone half his size is?
>>
I don't like those as wrestling moves desu. Some peoples spears are good but Romans aren't the best.

However I watched the fcw triple threat he had with ambrose and rollins, and holy shit he was actually good. Are they that afraid hell get hurt they only let him use a few moves or what.
>>
>>1351480
I mean, given the crazy rash of injuries to top guys lately, maybe?
>>
gore > spear
>>
>>1351480
>and holy shit he was actually good.

Just because he did MOVEZ! (some of which were shitty AF like that spinning headlock abomination) doesn't mean he was a better wrestler, especially when he was even greener than he is now
>>
I like the fact that they are using a real fighting move for reigns(superman punch). Issue is that it sounds terrible and looks even worse when he does it. It doesn't look powerful BUT its sold as powerful.

His spear is pretty good.

I think he should take a gorilla press slam or something showing that he's really, really strong to his arsenal.
>>
>>1351573
the problem is he isn't that strong
>>
>>1351592
Bruh, he can lift. The problem is his moveset are mostly heel moves but they're trying to play him off as a face.
>>
>>1351480
>a top guy is limited by his moveset to keep his body safe for the long-term
>>
>>1351467
No, they are trash and look it. Even Goldberg, the greatest spearer of all time, didn't use the move as a finisher.
>>
>>1351631
This excuse didn't fly with Cena literally a fucking decade ago. It's not gonna fly with a guy markedly worse than him, now, young boy.

>>1351627
>Reigns can lift

Explains why his "power" moves look completely shit when he's using them on anybody bigger than Styles.
>>
>>1351627
He can hardly powerbomb people, no way he could hold them above his head for more than a second
>>
>>1351672
I'm not a Reigns fan, but dude has lifted people past his eye level with his one arm dead lift off the ground.
Granted this isn't as hard as people might believe, but still.
>>
>>1351684
SO impressive:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdqGgU8gb6g
>>
>>1351631
If he was old and winding down id buy this but nah.
>>
I dislike Roman as much as anyone, but I don't get why smarks get so butthurt over those moves. No one seems to give a shit that Owens does a somersault Stinkface as a signature move. I used to put Cesaro's giant into that same category, but I can live with it so long as he uses it exclusively to set up the Sharpshooter, instead of anticlimactically dropping the guy from six inches off the ground before staggering off dizzily.

Sami Zayn
>bullshit dive between the corner ropes
Jericho
>codebreaker looks like it legitimately hurts him more than his opponent
Styles
>clash looks like shit, can barely be used on bigger guys, phenomenal forearm is the exact same thing as superman punch
Cena
>don't get me fucking started, literally everything sucks

Anybody still using the diving headbutt? We haven't had a decent murder/suicide in a while.

tl;dr: Roman should find a decent submission to use. Have the punch/spear set it up. For some reason I see him using the Rings of Saturn in my head.
>>
>>1351467

bobby lashley and brian cage both have a better spear desu
>>
>>1351746
It's probably 'cause you appear to have little-to-no understanding of wrestling moves.
>>
>>1351749
No, I understand the psychology of the moves and can suspend disbelief as much as the next guy, but objectively most of the moves I mentioned are ridiculous, certainly less dangerous than a 250 lbs+ man leaping into the air and putting the force of his entire body into one punch to the jaw.

But somehow the SP is offensively bad. If people want to hate Roman, at least hate him for the right reasons (no personality, shit booking, a clear need to be led in the ring).
>>
>>1351467
Charlotte's spear and roar are better.
>>
>>1351756
His Superman Punch is offensively bad 'cause his attempt at it looks really fucking sloppy.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.