[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is two hours of BJJ a week enough for progess? Also general grappler's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: angelica.jpg (61 KB, 499x662) Image search: [Google]
angelica.jpg
61 KB, 499x662
Is two hours of BJJ a week enough for progess? Also general grappler's thread.
>>
you spent more time per week "learning" spanish in highschool
are you fluent in spanish yet?
>>
>>1350225
That's not really a fair comparison because he might be mentally checked out and not engaged in Spanish class.

OP, think about anything you set your mind too that was a physical activity and think about how long it took for you to get good at that. Now imagine if you only did it for two hours a week instead of the amount of time you actually dedicated to it. It's really hard to get good at something only going 2 hours a week
>>
very slow progress.
>>
It would be painfully slow. Is there any way you could dedicate yourself to at least 4-5 days a week?
>>
>>1350487
not just him, everybody. Factually, 0% of people in the US that took a foreign language in highschool finished highschool able to hold a conversation in that language
some things require immersion
>>
>>1350539
While, if possible, four or five is preferable, three usually suffices to make decent progress. Two is the borderline between maintaining and making progress.
>>
>>1350558
>some things require immersion

Scientific studies suggest that utilizing a variety of learning and skill developing methods and techniques is more efficient than utilizing a single or few learning and skill developing methods and techniques in order to develop skill.

All of the learning and skill developing techniques contribute to being able to have and understand a conversation with someone in a different language, but it's best to include immersion among other things. It doesn't mean that immersion is required.

Boxers who have never sparred before but have learned jab technique can and do manage to jab their opponent during their first time sparring.

Sure, it helps to do drills and learn how to set up jabs and learn when good times to use the jab are, and it helps to spar, it even helps a lot, but that doesn't mean it's necessary.
>>
remember when /asp/ had actual good discussion where did all the grapplers go? pretty sure we had a few judofags post gifs and breakdowns before.
>>
>>1349880
She's hot
>>
>>1350487
OP here, wouldn't studying techniques and fundamentals outside of training hours be a good backup? Throughout the lessons I make sure to write down what does and doesn't work for me so that I could review it later on and pick up on any holes in my game through research.
>>1350539
I can only attend 2 sessions per week since I have work spread throughout the other sessions and also I have kickboxing lessons 3 times a week for 2 hours each. I admit I'm more of a striker than a grappler but I'm just trying to balance out between the two.
>>
File: belt.jpg (62 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
belt.jpg
62 KB, 720x960
>>1349880
I went up a Kyu in Judo today.
>>
>>1352758
Well, Down a kyu
>>
I know you can only go 2 days a week, but how many days a week is the class?
>>
File: MA.jpg (751 KB, 1712x2771) Image search: [Google]
MA.jpg
751 KB, 1712x2771
>>1352892
Goblin, aren't you the one who made this?
>>
>>1350558
So in your mind there are only two levels: no proficiency and fluency? No in between? Because to be perfectly honest, learning a single word of another language is progress in the most technical way of looking at it.
>>
>>1352924
To be fair I can understand where he's coming from, I studied spanish in school for 7 years and learned jack shit. Moved to spain last last august and whilst I'm certainly not fluent I can get by in conversation.
>>
>>1352913
No, but I would endorse it.
>>
Consider that in BJJ it takes years to get belt promotions, which enables and assists in the teaching of much more advanced techniques and guards. With two hours a week you would be going at a snail's pace, but really it's better than zero.
>>
What's a good resource for finding sambo gyms? There are a few within driving distance of me but I'd like to know how to tell if they are legit or not. I know there used to be a registry for coaches somewhere but I think it got taken down.
>>
>>1352924
until you have a blue belt you aren't what would be considered proficient and the average time spent in white belt is forever because most people never even make it to blue
>>
>>1349880
>>1350846
Who is?
>>
File: 1440039969300.jpg (81 KB, 777x533) Image search: [Google]
1440039969300.jpg
81 KB, 777x533
>>1349880
For beginner yes. For reference, I probably average 2 hours per day.

>>1350841
Pro wrestling threads killed /asp/

>>1350892
Grappling has a much higher learning curve than striking.

>>1353488
Post the gyms
>>
>>1353643
We aren't talking about your own personal metric that you wish to project upon others. My own belt is purple, I don't care about the three stripes on your white belt, and I do not view getting one's blue belt as a major step. We are discussing proficiency as it relates to language acquisition. Progress is progress, even if it's learning how to say "¡Hola!" for the first time.
>>
>>1353696
hola isn't proficiency, pulling guard and hanging on for your life with your legs wrapped in the wrong spot on someones lower back isn't progress either

asking someone a question and understanding the answer is proficiency
being able to scissor sweep to mount from a failed kimura trap off a checked hip bump is proficiency

There is a minimum standard that needs to be hit before it's jiujitsu and not just flailing with style
>>
>>1353726
You can absolutely meet that standard of proficiency with two classes a week.
>>
>>1353733
not two hours a week
>>
>>1349880
Just please don't be one of those faggots that pulls guard. Learn some JUDO for fucks sake.
>>
Wow, this thread quickly developed into an /asp/bergers battle.
>>
>>1353734
Yes, two hours a week. I have seen people do it.

>>1353815
I like it. There hasn't been a good /asp/ergers battle in ages.
>>
>>1353726
Hola is progress when before you had nothing. I know reading is difficult for people such as yourself, but proficient was never used to describe Hola.

You should use a trip. You'd be a good replacement for Wu on a trial basis.
>>
>>1353678
Angelica Galvao
>>
>>1353687
No, stupid fucking responses like this killed /asp/. No one gives a shit about your stupid fucking opinion virgin.
>>
>>1353821
>>1353867
no, you're both wrong and I doubt either of you grapple now. If you are spending 2 hours a week practicing then good luck getting a blue belt inside of 5 years, if you don't just quit before hand that is.

I've seen it many times before, people who take only one class a week maybe last two months because they make absolutely no progress, can't remember small details week to week, and give up because they are frustrated.
>>
>>1352913
I'm now a black belt in Shotokan Karate, and my teacher has started to show me shit in his advanced class that is practically MMA and general full contact sparring. Don't get me wrong, he takes the art very seriously, but he likes to rough up the 1st Dans and up. I am not sure if this will be positive for me, so what should I do?
>>
>>1354617
No one gives a shit about your personal metric of success. Progress is progress no matter how small it is. Op is asking about progress on two hours a week. As a stark beginner, two hours a week will be enough for him to make progress. As he gains more proficiency, the amount of progress he will make on two hours weekly will decline and eventually plateau, but as he is now he can still progress.

Your obsession with blue belt leads me to believe you are a three year white belt who has yet to obtain what most practitioners get in a year.
>>
Is wrestling more prominent in places such as America and Russia? I want to try catch wrestling or sambo but here in the UK there are very few gyms here that teach it.
>>
>>1355118
>As a stark beginner, two hours a week will be enough for him to make progress
I disagree, two hours a week is pretty much a waste of your time and money. You aren't going to have the ability to drill the new technique you learn, and will just keep learning new stuff and forgetting it as soon as you walk out the door because you lack the fundamentals to use it

2 hours a day, 6 days a week, minimum
>>
>>1355496
Ironically catch wrestling started in the UK, kek

Yes, amateur wrestling is very prominent in America and Russia. Catch wrestling isn't prominent anywhere really except Japan.
>>
>>1355496
>>1356299
Yeah that is Ironic. Now it seems the only place you can find a real Catch Me if You Can gym is in Japan.
>>
>>1356357
There is some in the UK and the US.

There are also a lot of neo-catch gyms which suck. Stay away from them.
>>
I'm 5'9, 144lbs and want to do Greco.

Will I die?
>>
>>1356379
>neo-catch gyms
wut
>>
>>1356393
How strong and big are you?
>>
File: 1404096286185.gif (976 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1404096286185.gif
976 KB, 250x250
My soleus will never be the same ever again, next time anyone gets me in a heel hook or any other fuckin leg lock I'm tapping straight away.
>>
File: pay respects.jpg (406 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pay respects.jpg
406 KB, 1920x1080
>>1357026
My sympathies friend. Hope the permanent damage isn't TOO bad.
>>
>>1356288
>2 hours a day, 6 days a week, minimum
I'm with you on 2 hours a week not achieving much, but unless you're dead set on becoming a competition machine with serious ambitions, this qualifies as overkill. Hell, I've repeatedly torn through my weight class on the back of half of what you claim is a minimum.

>>1357026
What happened?
>>
>>1354746
Honestly I didn't stick with shotokhan past white but I mean, what is it you're trying to achieve in it? What is your personal reason to train in this specific art? Does him liking to do so get in the way of that? Are you uncomfortable with it? Have you asked him, respectfully of course, why he does so?
>>
you can make progress on 2 days a week. most people in your gym who have real lives and responsibilities train 2-3 days a week and do just fine.

its all about the long game. train 2 days a week for 10 years and youre going to have some solid bjj. so many people go balls to the wall 6 days a week, get burnt out/ injured and quit.
>>
>>1358392
>most people in your gym who have real lives and responsibilities
>the life of a marital artist is not real
>not living the life of a martial artist
>not dedicating yourself to martial arts
>>
>>1358405
I wish, my man
>>
>>1353488
Sambo is an extremely small community in the US so it'll be easy to figure out whether or not it's legitimate. Post the gyms and we can give you a review.
>>
>>1353821
God I miss the aspergers fights. I'd love to fight a wrassling fan for the good of this board.
>>
>>1356393
There are weight classes, so you won't get put with monsters if you're at a legit gym with a lot of bodies. If you're older, expect a steep learning curve.
>>
File: stay in school.png (16 KB, 429x427) Image search: [Google]
stay in school.png
16 KB, 429x427
>>1358695
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
>>
>>1358706
Thanks for correcting my grammar, Officer Autism.
>>
yes or no, making someone roll against you is an appropriate part of the interview process for an instructor job?
>>
>>1358865
>yes or no, making someone roll against you is an appropriate part of the interview process for an instructor job?
It might be better to record that person rolling with different people, analyze the footage, and create a profile of his strengths, weaknesses, and general stats.
>>
>>1358865
>yes or no, making someone roll against you is an appropriate part of the interview process for an instructor job?
No.
If you roll with someone else with the instructor watching and they can improve your game by correcting your technique, that benefits you much more than getting repeatedly submitted by someone that knows a lot.
>>
>>1357870
I was rolling with a new student who's 6'5 and is ridiculously strong and bulky, he got me in a heel hook and cranked super hard. It only hurts when I massage it though.
>>
>>1358691
I fully support this notion for shit and giggles.

>>1359316
Ouch. That's why we encourage a heel hook 'catch and release' policy for all but the most advanced white belts. In fact, I usually encourage them not to try heel hooks on other white belts - it's easy enough to defend incorrectly on top of applying too much force. Seems to work very well. Hope it heals up, anon.
>>
>>1358392
>most people in your gym who have real lives and responsibilities train 2-3 days a week and do just fine.
One of the main things is just don't have kids.

If you've already got education, a job, what else is there to do?

Most people work some variation of a 9-5.

>wake up
>eat
>go to work
>come back from work
>eat
>go to class
>get home
>drink a bear
>sleep
>repeat
>>
File: bald.jpg (73 KB, 450x630) Image search: [Google]
bald.jpg
73 KB, 450x630
Between BJJ and Judo

1. which can i generally expect to rank up faster in?
2. which is less injury prone?
3. how can i identify a good instructor for each?
4. what's a typical class consist of?

I'm going to sit in on some classes, but I'd still like some preemptive testimonials from you guys who have done both.
>>
>>1363421
judo's kinda gay cause of their rules
BJJ is better since it works in the streets and in UFC.
>>
>>1363462
what makes their rules so bad?

and i always figured jiu jitsu would be worse on the streets because your opponent can just bite you.
>>
>>1363475
you can't touch the legs, and wrestling is banned in judo plus a lot of BJJ moves are illegal in judo like ankle locks.

BJJ you have people bite and headbutt each other all the time it was called vale tudo.. which was brazlian for no rules and BJJ curb stomped everyone.
>>
>>1363484
thanks, seems like a better choice then.
>>
>>1363421
>1. which can i generally expect to rank up faster in?
judo by far, but get this idea of belts as a status symbol out of your head immediately because asking to rank up will make most instructors push back your promotion a few months out of spite. It's unimportant
>2. which is less injury prone?
bjj by far. Judo is like willingly subjecting yourself to a car crash dozens of times a night
>3. how can i identify a good instructor for each?
there are regulatory bodies in place for both of these things, it doesn't mean schools without charters are bad though
>4. what's a typical class consist of?
bjj
warm up, movement/transition drills, specific focus on a couple moves, open mat
judo
uchikomi, newaza, randori
>>1363475
bjj and judo are the same thing, Enough so to the point that if you have never done bjj in your life you aren't allowed to compete as a white belt in a bjj tournament if you are ranked in judo.

they are identical martial arts when it comes to combat applications, the main difference as sports is the scoring system. In bjj who ever has the most points at the end wins, in judo whoever scores the first point wins
>>
>>1349880
damn. she could put me in her triangle
>>
>>1356423
Revival gyms where everyone sucks.

Jake Shannon, Snake Pit USA...etc.
>>
>>1363490
BJJ does not have any regulatory bodies
>>
>>1363484
>wrestling is banned in judo

I want this meme to die.
>>
>>1363606
judo should change their rules an allow leg grabs and wrestling moves again.
>>
>>1352758
orange belt here too. congrats. did you find the grading a massive step up from the one you did for yellow?
>>
>>1363527
Oh? So the IBJJF doesn't exist? Or the SJJIF?
>>
>>1363620
Yes leg grabs are illegal. There's nothing illegal about "wrestling moves" rhough you massive retard. Leg grabs became illegal because it became part of the judo meta game to score a yuko or wazari and then stall by shooting until time ran out.
>>
>>1363672
you can't do fire man carries or double legs, those are all wrestling moves, so they're banned in judo. You can't grab the leg you can't do wrestling . So wrestling is practically banned in judo
>>
>>1363681
You can also do gator rolls, suplex, pins, under hooks, over hooks, all kinds of different throws in wrestling that aren't illegal. So no, wrestling isn't illegal in judo. I could just as easily say judo is illegal in wrestling because I can't use armbars and chokeholds. Or that judo is illegal in bjj because I can't use suma geashi.

Oh and for the record, you can still do fireman carry throws.

https://youtu.be/XrNCH3wk56c

Stop being retarded.
>>
>>1363769
While you're right, you shouldn't take such a fierce apologist stance for one of the dumbest changes in the sport of judo. If they wanted to get rid of the boring meta game, then there is no need to get rid of the kata guruma which is the fucking original throw adopted in judo by Kano when he made the fucking sport.
>>
>>1363769
And that kata guruma is nothing compared to the one that used to be allowed. Not to mention glorious throws like the Khabarelli which isn't allowed, and don't try and bring up that one fucking rare example of a guy hitting it off of a scramble without a leg as an example. It's not the norm.
>>
>>1358405
I bet your fedora matches your katana.
>>
>>1364144
who doesn't have a katana though?
>>
>>1364094
I don't agree with the change. I think the ijf is fucking stupid for not just penalizing stalling. However there's this myth going around that leg grabs were banned because wrestlers were winning judo competitions and the if had to cripple their moves to win or some other such bullshit. Im 90% positive the story got started because of that one catch wrestler who called himself "the judo world champion" but that was one guy and literally has nothing to do with the leg grab ban.

>>1364097
Im not arguing in favor of the leg ban, only fighting the "wrestling is banned in judo" stupidity.
>>
>>1364806
I have it on good authority (head of the usjf) that leg grabbing is likely going to be allowed again soon, but with one caveat. You can grab the legs for counter purposes, you just can't initiate with it.
>>
>>1364855
I heard that same thing about a year ago. I would love for it to be true but I have my doubts.
>>
>>1363769
wait wait wait

When did sumi gaeshi become illegal in bjj?
>>
>>1364896
Since last yearish, the ban is up to blue right now but might get expanded into higher ranks. IBJJF is afraid of people breaking their necks since there were a few people who got their necks broken because they couldnt take the fall.
>>
>>1364911
BJJ is as bad as Judo now, which is why i only like sambo and catch wrestling those are the best grappling styles .
>>
>>1364911
ridiculous. I throw my whitebelts in judo who have never seen the technique before. It's one of the safest techniques to use on them because I am in full control the entire time. Going for one of the big throws (uchi mata, harai goshi, seoi nage, etc), usually ends up with them gasping for air because they can't take the fall. I've hurt more people (all unintentionally) with kouchi than with sumi gaeshi.
>>
>>1364911
does this include tomoe nage as well? because if so my stand up game has just been thrown out the window, that's my highest percentage takedown
>>
>>1364916
I can almost gurantee you dont train either of those.
>>
>>1364981
>>1364986
>>1364911
Its only banned as a counter to a head outside single leg, a lot of people were getting DDT'd because the person doing the single leg sucked doing single legs and would get their necks snapped because of the sudden the thrower didnt have enough arc to their throw and the defender wasn't are cant tuck their chins in.
>>
>>1364986
I don't think so, but your stand up game should include more than just sacrifice throws.

Daily reminder though that this whole thing could have been avoided if bjj fags knew how to fall.
https://youtu.be/v4Z4pneBqHw
>>
>>1365015
So how are you supposed to take slams like that?
>>
>>1365029
Well for one, not jumping guard like a retard and then expecting to be put down super gentle.

And second
https://youtu.be/Fr3AOnlYNV4
>>
>>1365029
let go of your grip, you're only getting slammed because you lost control and are being too stubborn to give up position. It's pretty bullshit actually that you can hang on to someone like a monkey with no consequence. I say if you get slammed you deserve it.
>>1365015
Its not my fault everybody leans forward with their shoulders in front of their feet, they are basically asking for it
>>
File: master-ken.jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
master-ken.jpg
101 KB, 1920x1080
>>1365048
Hey, Master Ken is a black belt in Judo!
>>
>>1365051
Foot sweeps and reaps should also work well from that position too without sacrificing your own.

I've only traimed at an actual bjj gym once but I've also fought a good number of them when they come to cross train and in my limited experience they often buckle against an aggressive stand up fighter. Work on your throws, never pull guard.
>>
>>1365051
>>1365105
Ko Soto gari is a good example.

https://youtu.be/vX4uVWnS-Hs
>>
>>1365120
Damian Maia combos this with a single leg, and with the aide of the cage walls turns it into a wrestler's leg ride. He's a good case study of how BJJ fighters should combine wrestling and judo for their takedown game.
>>
>>1365051
>asking for it

I DON'T CARE WHAT POSITION HE'S IN. NO ONE IS EVER ASKING FOR IT

#END IPPON CULTURE
>>
Can any judo anons recommend some easy takedowns/throws to learn? We only do standup once in a blue moon at my bjj club, i've been looking at the moves osoto gari and tomoe nage since they seem relatively simple.

Of course I've never done judo in my life but it'd be nice to learn some stuff.
>>
>>1365476
>'ve been looking at the moves osoto gari and tomoe nage since they seem relatively simple.

lol.

If you want to learn judo, go to judo class.
>>
>>1365476
Deceptively simple maybe. There's a lot that goes into a really good osoto gari. Not that you shouldn't learn it, but it's probably more difficult to land then you realize. Work on basic foot sweeps (ashi harai) and the major hip throw (ogoshi). O uchi gari (major inside reap) might be another one to look into.
>>
>>1365516
Disagree on ashi waza. They have more parts to them than people realize. While one should try to learn them early on, don't bother without a decent instructor.

I'd advise similarly for all of judo, but more so ashi waza.
>>
>>1365491
Judo time clashes with bjj.
>>1365516
Ah I see, I guess i'll start with those then. I wish my club taught us more takedowns and throws but since we have really shitty mats we can't do it at all.
>>
>>1363668
The IBJJF isn't a regulatory body. It is a for profit company that runs tournaments. If they count as a regulatory body, then you would have to count every other company runing tournaments as a regulatory body as well.
>>
>>1350225
High school is past the prime years for learning a foreign language
>>
>>1364806
>I don't agree with the change. I think the ijf is fucking stupid for not just penalizing stalling. However there's this myth going around that leg grabs were banned because wrestlers were winning judo competitions and the if had to cripple their moves to win or some other such bullshit. Im 90% positive the story got started because of that one catch wrestler who called himself "the judo world champion" but that was one guy and literally has nothing to do with the leg grab ban.

That was Ad Santel and that story has absolutely nothing to do with any of this. That was like a century ago. And he was the Judo world champion.
>>
>>1364916
You are an idiot.
>>
>>1365656
if those companies set guide lines and certifications for rank and promotions then I would call them a regulatory body too.
>>
>>1363620
>Wrestling is banned in Greco-Roman Wrestling
>>
>tfw you pay top dollar to have a high level player come to your club and show you their proprietary tips and tricks
>then some guys from another club come the next day and aren't charged mat fees since its their first time
>they get all the seminar moves for free because the rest of us are practicing them

shits fucked, man
>>
File: J1fErb0.png (309 KB, 480x436) Image search: [Google]
J1fErb0.png
309 KB, 480x436
Anybody train in Toronto?
>>
>>1365476
>>1365516
What this anon said. Not that you shouldn't learn O Soto Gari, but its way harder than it appears. Very easy to be countered if you mess it up. Rather than O Uchi Gari though, I'd say go with Ko Uchi, as you can use it driving forward and land on top. I use it all the time. Works really well for this kind of thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZsBJRUDX2w

but also like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TwBZ2SXr1Y

and this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elQUepOQ4Gc
>>
>>1370126
Thanks anon, I'll definitely add these to my game. Also how important is learning how to break fall in judo and whether it'll translate to other applications such as bjj or wrestling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQrk192dkRI
>>
>>1355118
Yeah, go just two hours a week
> Two hours a week
> Can't take the fundamentals right
> Get smashed by everyone at the gym
> People playing with your shoulder like a spaghetti

3 sessions of 2 hours seen good enough for starters
>>
>>1370404
It's important to teach you spacial awareness i.e. where the floor is. But they're not magic, it still hurts. It will just teach you to land on your meatiest parts, not post your arms, and roll into a fall when you can.

So yeah, learn it, but it's not a magic bullet.
>>
>>1370404
Every broken arm I've seen in judo competitions have been from guys not falling correctly
>>
That feel when my joints ache and in not in the mood to train today
>>
File: learning curve.png (16 KB, 760x500) Image search: [Google]
learning curve.png
16 KB, 760x500
>>1353687
>Grappling has a much higher learning curve than striking.

That would mean you get really good at it really quickly. Why does everybody use "learning curve" backwards?
>>
File: internet-bro-fist.jpg (29 KB, 468x458) Image search: [Google]
internet-bro-fist.jpg
29 KB, 468x458
>>1358706

Hahahaha!
>>
What are some good no gi takedowns? I'm a fan of the body lock followed by outside leg trip. Fuck shooting.
>>
>>1371418
I think that reason people say something has a steep learning curve is not because it's difficult to learn but that you have to learn a lot very quickly to survive/succeed i.e. being in prison has a steep learning curve - learn how it works first, or you're fucked.
>>
File: judo technique.gif (2 MB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
judo technique.gif
2 MB, 300x167
>>
>>1372342
imagine if animals like gorillas or monkeys trained in judo or bjj and wore cute little uniforms
>>
Where are you and where do you wanna geht?
>>
Keeping this sucker alive
>>
>>1371417
>tfw your body will never be the same again
>>
>>1371417
I know the feel, listen to your body but try to be training 6 days a week.
>>
>>1371417
What do you train in?
>>
Injury bitching thread? Injury bitching thread.

I got fucking tendonitis in my leg after competing in Naga. I sure hope nobody tries to calf crusher me again because I'm not even going to wait to get in it before tapping if he goes for that.
>>
>>1375441
Datch gi 2 times a week and nogi 2 times. Sometimes i bump it to 5 days, but 4 straight has been my routine for a while.
>>
I realize I'm probably a rubber guard player. It's just so easy and there are so many traps from mission control, why do people waste their time grip fighting again?
within 15 minutes of figuring out how to relax my hips in that position I started hitting gogoplatas on people
>>
>>1375960
Probably because it gets increasingly hard to put people into closed guard the better they get.
>>
>>1363462
Judo is just as good if not better for da streetz because a throw alone will knock most people out.
The ground game in Judo is enough to submit anyone untrained. The same can't be said about the stand up of BJJ. Plus the ground is the last place you want to end up in an unknown environment, which is where you are going to end up with BJJ.

The main argument people have for BJJ over Judo is that BJJ fares better against Judo in a MMA setting, but that doesn't apply irl because you are never going to fight a fair 1:1 fight against another practitioner on the street.
>>
>>1363484
>>1376879
Also while leg grabs are not allowed in competition, I have never been to dojo that doesn't train classic throws like kata guruma or morote gari. Just because they aren't allowed in competition doesn't mean they're not trained.
However this probably depends on your area and if where you train is strongly focused on competition.
>>
>>1372568

'Sup Joe Rogan.
>>
>>1375960
you know how i can tell you're a beginner? you get seduce by gimmicks like rubber guard. nothing wrong with it, but ignoring solid fundamentals like grip fighting is foolish.

Also learning butterfly or half guard will help more without trying to force or enhance your flexibility which might hurt you in the long run since rubber guard players have shot knees and hips from all the wear and tear.
>>
How do you anons feel about old school bjj which is more geared towards self defence and efficiency against the more modernised style we currently have today, which focuses mainly on techniques for competitions such as the 50/50 guard.

I remember watching a video on Rickson talking about it.
>>
>>1349880
I want to lick those abs.
>>
>>1371434
99% of judo throws can be done without a gi in an over hand, underhand grip.
>>
>>1377092
This is the video I'm assuming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keRaWLVOuPQ
It's the Gracie family trying to make more money by lowering the drop out rate, selling more belts and getting clubs to subscribe to their curricula.

Their point about having a filter to know which techniques are good to use in a self defense scenario and which are not is legit. But practically you can't train against an unknown attacker, you can only roll with other practitioners. They talk like BJJ must stop teaching flying triangles to beginners, when in reality it's about implementing more drills and lessen competition.
>>
>>1377118
I haven't seen that video actually, I was referring to this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e81X9R5yw_Y

I agree with his points as I would rather learn and drill more useful techniques that will translate better in life than fancy ass shit, although I would have to say that in order to be good in competition you would definitely have to learn them.
>>
>>1377185
The main problem I have with this is that I don't want to spend 6 hours a week for the rest of my life preparing for someone to attack me.
>>
>>1377092
Since when is 50/50 competition only?
>>
>>1377308
since forever, that stuff would never work in the streets and you need to have a gi for it to work.
>>
>>1377333
>you need to have a gi for it to work.
Are you using some ideosynchratic definition of 50/50?
>>
File: 54365421.gif (649 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
54365421.gif
649 KB, 320x180
>>1377341
I honestly have no idea what you said. But if you look at all sport BJJ they always grab the gi and flip upside down and inside out outside in. So none of that stuff and in general guard and BJJ don't work. Look at the riots right now going on at the Eurocup a bunch of those guys went to the ground and got curb stomp by big ol gypsies

Pic related this is what 50/50 guard is to me. just more sporting nonsense that would get you killed in a street fight.
>>
File: 5235252352.jpg (61 KB, 669x446) Image search: [Google]
5235252352.jpg
61 KB, 669x446
>>1377347
So you're admitting you're just being ignorant?
>>
>>1377352
Not sure how MY opinion is ignorant and my OPINION is one commonly shared by a lot of people in the self defense community. Look at your picture how is that not only competition only? They're legs are tangled with each other and they can't get up or do anything
>>
>>1376893
I don't think its a gimmick, I think its way more practical than things like spider guard. Really people should be ashamed of themselves if they use the gi and consider themselves martial artists.
congratulations, you can kill someone with a weapon in your hands. If you lapel choke someone you didn't really earn it
>>
>>1377347
Go train before posting.
>>
>>1377356
They're legs are tangled with each other and they can't get up or do anything
Oh, I'm laffin'.
>>
>>1377359
If you look at the meta game of high level BJJ and hell MMA rubber guard isn;t that applicable. Sure Eddie Bravo hypes it up, but more often then not you see people get stalled out and GNP to oblvion from rubber guard because of the cage walls.

Honestly 10th planet style BJJ hasnt had the most sucess. Its one of the best promoted and expose but if you want to get good at BJJ or applying it to MMA, study people like Damian Maia who has evolved and turned his sport style BJJ into something that is applicable to MMA because now he uses strikes to set up his subs or positions or takedowns. No gimmick just gritty fundamentals enhanced by strikes and using the cage walls of the octagon he out wrestles fighters with better wrestling pedigrees and he avoids getting KO's by superior strikers because he has evolved his BJJ game for an environment that involves strikes. Which is why i think basic guards like half guard and butterfly are way more practical then rubber guard, spider, etc.
>>
>>1377356
Although I agree that being on the ground is somewhere you never want to be in a self defense situation, it still happens. It's better to have more tools then to just seemingly disregard a technique.
>>
>>1377368
what i like and respect about Maia is he lets his fights do the talking for him, he's not like Bravo who needs his bff in Rogan to be his hype man and talk up about how his style of BJJ is the end all to be all. Maia is in the cage busting his ass and kicking ass and showing how unique and applicable his BJJ is
>>
>>1377092
>>1377333
>>1377347
Lots of misconceptions and ignorance

For the longest time 50/50 was on top of the sport BJJ meta game, but its also on the fore front of MMA's meta game. and one of the easiest to apply outside of the sport rules.

50/50 means both fighters have their legs entangled, giving both fighters at the same time the same attacks and defenses. So now it doesn't become a game of who is the fastest or strongest, its a mind game, of if one person does something then the other person has to react and vice versa, think to slow and then you get caught in one of the many nasty leg locks.

It does have the flaw if you get stacked or greedy with a leg lock you're going to get TKO'd but its one of the least sport only. So many ways to set it up, and neutralize a stronger opponent.
>>
>>1377373
I'll break these down later but ill dump some examples of how BJJ players should apply their BJJ in a combat context and Maia is a text book example
>>
>>1377391
>>
>>1377395
>>
>>1377396
I think one of the biggest logic fallacies or misconceptions beginners have is that BJJ and grappling is about the submission, but its not, its about controlling the posistion and scrambling (being able to neutralize a stall posistion and quickly moving into another posistion)

If you're a stand guy (not even striking, being a judoka and wrestler i rather stand up so i can pick u up and slam you) you need to get good at ground work so you can stand up. Scrambling and BJJ's defensive sets such as sweeping are crucial, Going into guard sucks but its not about just getting a sub its about learning how nullify strikes and then getting up. Look at former UFC bantam weight champ TJ Dillinshaw, he's a division 1 wrestler and one of the fastest scramblers, everytime he gets taken down, he gets up, not from sprawling but from scrambling. Because he's so confident in his wrestling defense his striking has evolved to be one of the best.
>>
>>1377403
If you look at both webms even after being take down, TJ isn't just sitting in guard, he's pushing away, rolling, arching, bucking, but he's quickly moving which is called scrambling, he scrambles like a wrestler so he's reaching for a single leg, not really hoping for a takedown himself, but just a grip so he can get up and doe what he want which was to strike
>>
>>1377391
Why is he trying to bite his dick off?
>>
>>1377411
You know how he got so good at scrambling? By competing in the sport of wrestling which rewards points for the athete that can get up from getting held down, that builds that habit which builds the instinct that if he gets bear hugged or takedown to move his hips and hands as quickly has he can to stand up and get that point, the transition was easier for him then with that foundation to revolve around strikes so now he can stand up and focus on his own take down or striking combination
>>
>>1377414
One of the best guards to sweep and scramble then is the half guard, You're not looking for a sub you're looking for a quick reversal so you're not stuck on bottom.
>>
>>1377418
>>
>>1377419
>>
>>1377412
Maia's prefer offensive set is chaining his single leg with a kosto gari, what's interesting is on a fundamental level his single leg is bad and his kosto gari is bad, what makes it work and what makes it worth studying is the way he has evolve them, he's a BJJ guy that has used the cage wall to help either give him kuzushi or a better angle to help complete his takedowns. So now the single he does and the kosto gari they practically are new variants, you wouldnt see them in a highschool or college wrestling match or judo tournie, these are MMA exclusive variants, and for me its one reason why i respect him as an artist and enjoy MMA because it forces styles to constantly evolve and change. and then in turn helps those individual arts stay alive and fresh
>>
>>1377431
>>
>>1377442
>>
>>1377445
>>
>>1349880
No, not unless you are working on something very specific. Not "ground-work", but "avoiding and defending against armbars during ground work" specific.
>>
>>1377445
>>1377456
After this fight, Magny the guy who lost to Maia asked to train with him since he relized his own ground game sucked. What was pretty cool

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/01/how-neil-magny-learned-more-than-a-few-new-moves-at-a-demian-maia-seminar

What made it really cool was after this, in his next matches Magny did Maia's go to half guard sweeps for his scrambles so you could see the influence and change in his ground game.
>>1377421
>>
>>1377414
Magnificent wrestling but poor Jiu-jitsu for Faber.

Losing a dominant position like this (for both) is technically weak.

The fight was awesome though.
>>
>>1377457
OP here, I've noticed that after training for 5 months in a gi my defence is the best part in my game as I rarely get submitted by fellow white belts and sometimes blues.

The only issue is that since I focused on my defence so much that I've neglected to strengthen my offensive game leading me to purely rely on defence.
>>
>>1377538
My coach has always said defense is what should focus on as a white belt anyway.
>>
>>1377538
That's pretty natural for your level of development. At 5 months, you've seen enough to not be surprised by anything but high level techniques. At the same time, it's fundamentally harder to submit someone than to not be submitted.

This is right
>>1377543

But at the same time, understand this isn't a place you want your game to stall at, either. Start working to capitalize on other people's mistakes. If they're failing to submit you, they're making them. And if you can't be submitted, you can afford to make some yourself.

Work on submissions, or more importantly, sweeps and position changes.
>>
>>1377543
>>1377551
Would you guys say that blue belt level is the stage when everyone develops their own bread and butter? I've also heard from a few guys that it's one of the hardest if not most difficult stage of jiu-jitsu.

Man, even the first month of being a white belt was hell at first but it got more enjoyable after that.
>>
>>1377643
being a blue belt is the hardest competition scene, that's where the skill level is most broad. It's comprised of people fresh off of white as well as people on the verge of purple
>>
>>1377652
you'll also get guys who have been wrestling since HS or judo black belts since both types are banned from competing at white belt levels, which clumps those types against BJJ blues.
>>
I feel like bjj is going to be my last best chance at getting a gf. This is the only way I get to interact with girls.
>>
>>1378297
Don't do it. She also rolls around with every other dude on the mat. Proximity breeds affection.
>>
>>1378325
but I need a qt fighter in my life

I met a great karate girl, she's very fit and pretty and was even single when I met her. She has made it pretty clear she's not interested in me romantically, we hang out occasionally as friends but sometimes she just doesn't even respond to my texts. In fact that's most times

I wish she respected me a bit more....but now I'm just getting off topic and wallowing in my misery

but yeah basically I want a nice athletic girl to wrestle around with
>>
File: sjw.jpg (235 KB, 873x1024) Image search: [Google]
sjw.jpg
235 KB, 873x1024
>>1378355
>>
File: 1459628864124.png (131 KB, 356x329) Image search: [Google]
1459628864124.png
131 KB, 356x329
how convenient would it be to wear a judo gi to BJJ class? It's LITERALLY half the price
>>
>>1378676
depends on the brand but the biggest difference would probably be the sleeve length but its a non factor, Most BJJ gym should be chill with it
>>
>>1378676
when I wear my judo gi at bjj I can't do shit. The sleeves are so big and easy to grab it's next to impossible to break grips on them.
if you like to tie people up in your own gi it's easier because there is so much extra fabric, but you are going to be swimming inside your clothes and super easy to control.
>>
>>1378782
The sleeves are at most half an inch longer with most brands, you're making shit up. also if you're gi is that baggy it doesnt fit or you suck at grip fighting or both
>>
File: 2016-06-13 00.18.23.jpg (948 KB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-13 00.18.23.jpg
948 KB, 1885x1060
>>1378790
>The sleeves are at most half an inch longer
Who cares about sleeve length? Cuff size is the problem, the fit is different which is why the bjj stuff is more expensive
This is a size 5 judo with an A3 jiujitsu. The judo cuff is a few inches larger. If someone pockets or pistol grips that you aren't getting it off of you
>>
>>1378819
First of all get a better fitting judo gi,
pistol grip is pretty easy to break;
Lower your base so that you are not bent over,

if you have your back straight you can counter balance pulling attempts, if you stand up with them having a pistol grip you will be in trouble.

Ok so you have your base already, next thing is to bend their wrist so they cant pull as strong with the grip, this is easily dont by grabbing their wrist with the same hand and controlling, think as if it was "kung fu" type of deflection, you are bending their wrist but you are not using strength, this is an important point, you dont want to spend energy fighting such a strong grip, you want them to be the ones doing that.

If he is grabbing by the bottom, then bend their wrist, if he is grabbing on top, grapevine and grip, once you reach that point you can then start working on breaking the grip, explosive sudden movement can put pressure on them while expending little energy, what i do is push their hands at the grip with opposite hand while pulling yours, most likely this wont get them to break the grip but will make them get on the defensive gripping harder and spending energy.

As soon as he grabs your sleeve, circle your wrist to the outside, grip his wrist between the thumb and forefinger of your other hand, and rip his hand off and resume passing the guard. If he grabs it again, break it again. And again. And again, until he gets frustrated and stops even trying to grip your sleeve.

Grip breaks are not something you do with slow, steady pressure, they are explosive. If he gets a pistol grip on top of your wrist, circle your wrist under and around so it's on top of his, trap his wrist with your free hand (if you have a free hand), and yank your arm free. It's easier if you get his elbow fully extended first because then it can't absorb the shock by extending with your arm when you pull, so then it's just his hand strength you're fighting against and not his whole arm.
>>
>>1365659
>falling for the meme

just work hard faggot
>>
>>
File: Margvelashvili pick up.webm (934 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Margvelashvili pick up.webm
934 KB, 500x281
>>1378975
>>
File: Dashdavaa pick up.webm (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Dashdavaa pick up.webm
2 MB, 500x281
>>1378976
>>
>>1378978
>>
File: mongol lift sumo.gif (2 MB, 365x204) Image search: [Google]
mongol lift sumo.gif
2 MB, 365x204
>>1378980
>>
>>
>>1378986
>>
File: choke knock out.webm (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
choke knock out.webm
2 MB, 500x281
>>1378987
>>
>>1378297
My gym was strictly full of men until a bunch of qt's showed up for no-gi class, having rolled with nothing but men my entire bjj journey I felt awkward as fuck grappling with a girl, I couldn't use holds or grips the way I would on a dude since it would've felt inappropriate.

It was like being a virgin again, not knowing what to do.
>>
>>1378297
Don't do it, BJJ girls are hoes and it's annoying when couples are in class together
>>
>>1377092
you mean Berimbolo?
>>
>>1379146
Sounds like you've got some stories for us.
Give us a greentext anon.
>>
>>1378844
the gi fits fine, that's just how they are
>>
>tfw i have constantly recurring ringworm on my thighs

What the fuck can i do?
>>
>>1379447
when my grandpa was in the army they would burn them off with a caustic powder of some kind
>>
>>1379447
That is the main reason I can't do BJJ. I have a friend who is tiny but I would never want to fight the little motherfucker. He always invites me to go to class, but he talks about ringworms and broken arms too frequently for me to take him up on the offer.
>>
>>1379251
get a better quality one with less puffy sleeves, i am talking about Adidas or Mizuno
>>
>>1379447
anti fungal creme, jesus christ and clean and show afterwards from practice

>>1379519
you should try it anyway, same risk you face playing football or rugby
>>
>>1379519
I dont even understand how ringworm is a problem, we bleach the floor every night.
The only thing I worry about is a toe fungus because a few guys have that but I still haven't caught it. We had someone who got athletes foot, he was told not to come back to class until it cleared up.

if you have ring worm you shouldn't go to class, but if you do decide you should at least cover that shit up with plastic wrap and some athletic tape or you are the biggest cunt alive
>>
>>1379527
>>1379545

I've never been so I am only relaying what my friend has said. From what I hear, there are a couple of cucks in the class who will try to hurt you just for fun during class. I could imagine some of those types of assholes spreading ringworms on purpose like some slut giving everybody an STD.

All that aside, I wouldn't mind studying BJJ. I'm not trying to become a UFC fighter, just looking for something to keep me in shape and maybe to learn something that can help me one day.
>>
File: wrestling in MMA power half.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
wrestling in MMA power half.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>
>>
>>1379619
>>
>>
File: neck break.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
neck break.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: knee breaker.webm (978 KB, 580x316) Image search: [Google]
knee breaker.webm
978 KB, 580x316
>>
>>1379527
I shower after every training sesh and apply cream when i see a spot, but it keeps coming back. I have a spot that just started now and it must be the 6th or 7th one.
>>
>>1379745
Go to the dr and get Rx strength ointment. It's not that hard you fucking idiot.
>>
>>1379627
Is he daijobu?
>>
>>1379808
nope he didn't die but he is wheel chair bound for the rest of his life.

That shit right there is how grapplers should end a fight.
>>
>>1379818
at least he went out doing what he loved, fighting a stranger for a crowd of at least a dozen people in an auditorium
>>
>>1381006
at least its a tier above it happening in a highschool locker room
>>
>>1381006
Hey man it could be worse, he could've been a pro wrestler
>>
Since there is some actual good discussion and seems like there are people that know what they're talking about, what can you guys tell me about clinching from like boxing or muay thai, its all hugging in the end right?
>>
>>1379783
Nigger who do you think youre talking to, i have that bullshit already
>>
I know people will think I'm making this up, but here it goes.

I don't know if it's related but I have been getting really dizzy in class with all the falls and then standing up and then falling again over and over, and when I get stacked or do inversions I feel all the blood rush to my head which I guess is normal but it has been getting more intense lately.

for the past 2 weeks after class I have had blood coming out of my ear, I assumed it was a cut at first but it keeps happening and I really don't see a cut in there.
does this happen to anyone else?

it doesn't come gushing out or anything, but like if I wipe the inside of my ear with my finger a good smear comes out
>>
>>1381251
HOLY SHIT GO FUCKING SEE A MOTHER FUCKING DOCTOR!
>>
>>1381265
>be in america
>don't have health insurance
>>
>>1381274
Thanks Obama
>>
>>1381275
its sorta true unfortunately, my family got dumped from their insurance plan once obamacare went through and since I was too old I couldn't be put back on a new one. So I tried to get one myself but I can't, I've spend hours on the phone trying to get a government approved plan and they wont help me.
last time I was on the phone for almost 2 hours, got transferred 6 times, and then they just disconnected.
>>
>>1381274
GO ANYWAY. YOU COULD LITERALLY DIE
>>
>>1381251
Blood running out of your ear is normal, I have it all the time.
>>
>>1381274
Clinic or Emergency Room, take your pick.
>>
>>1379447
At least you don't have it on your ass right now like I do.
>>
Quick question guys, should you train with a shoulder impingement?
>>
>>1381768
No. I had a training partner who tried that. You're going to have to take some time off for it eventually.

The good thing is, a shoulder you can still do all kinds of shit with otherwise, so you don't have to come to a total stop. You should be able to run, so work on your cardio for example.
>>
>>1381778
Damn that sucks man. I'm stubborn when it comes to training, I went to class the next day after I sprained my wrist from a competition and it probably wasn't the best idea. I'm glad I'm still relatively young, I can't imagine how it'd feel training jits for 55 years and the amount of injuries you've amassed.
>>
>>1381807
Yeah, it sucks but shoulders don't really heal in BJJ unless you rest them, they get used too much.

I know that stubborn feeling, but that's why you work out something else to do.
>>
Hip bump
>>
New grappling study on Daman Maia's passing game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu_ulU7nE-0

The 2 most important guards you should be focusing on in the MMA meta is half and butterfly, the applications outside of MMA are crucial too, since both focus on standing up or reversing someone on top of you
>>
>>1384076
kimora trap >:(
>>
I had the opportunity to train with someone you would all know the other day because he was in town and stopped into my gym.
I'm a white belt and he was very mean to me, and It didn't seem like banter either, he was just very condescending like I was a retard.

I'm not even terrible, I can compete with blue belts a lot of the time and consistently run a train on other white belts. But I have a stripe and he said "I don't know who gave you that stripe"

why the white belt hate? insecure we are going to evolve and surpass you in the future? I'm just trying to learn
>>
>>1385276
you're probably a spaz making shit up right now. stop spazzing stop making shit up
>>
>>1385276
He's just angry because he was cucked by a white belt earlier.
>>
>>1385293
I'm actually the anti-spaz because I do primarily isometric exercises so if someone is all about trying to scramble and bully me around I can just hunker down and wait out the storm until they get tired. That's why I get so much play against people who are technically better than I am, I'm really hard to advance on.

My shortcomings are entirely practice based, I know a lot of moves and I'm comfortable in many positions but since I'm inexperienced I have trouble finishing things because I'm a little off a lot of the time and not generating the pressure I need.
>>
>>1385358
you're a white belt that turtles and plays super defensive ok.
>>
>>1385358
also if you can't defensively scramble you're stuck.
>>
>>1385362
I don't turtle, I power grip and play deep half
>>
>>1385442
and you "control" the scramble, sounds like you get stuck in deep half and stall out
>>
>>1385448
my technique is a child of necessity, they say half guard is half past so I would rather go deep than end up stuck in side control
>>
>>1385570
deep half is bad, you put yourself on bottom and trap your arm. also a good half guard doesnt mean they are half pass, you suck if they are practically in side control.
>>
>>1385574
>you suck if they are practically in side control
well like I said, I'm a white belt

but I'm a top tier white belt deserving of my stripe. You should see me shrimp, nigga I could put on a clinic of the fundamentals of scooting your butt on the floor.
>>
>>1381278
>its sorta true unfortunately, my family got dumped from their insurance plan once obamacare went through and since I was too old I couldn't be put back on a new one. So I tried to get one myself but I can't, I've spend hours on the phone trying to get a government approved plan and they wont help me.
>last time I was on the phone for almost 2 hours, got transferred 6 times, and then they just disconnected.

Not sure if troll, but go to the fucking website. I did it for two years while I didn't have an employer with benefits and it was really easy. ALL plans now are government approved. That was the point of the PPACA.

Unlike the time you spend on 4chan this shit is important, so take more than two hours and get some fucking insurance together.

As for your family getting dumped from their insurance once obamacare went through that could have happened any time before that too, but at least there are things they can't dump you for now. For instance, when you get insurance, your insurance company can't say whatever is wrong with you is a preexisting condition and refuse to pay for it. That is a serious lifesaver right there.
>>
What to do when you are physically weak?

Any strategies, techniques? And I do not mean small or light weight, I mean genuinely weak for my weight class.

In stand up I mostly get ragdolled and I always pull guard, because I end up on bottom anyway. From guard I can make up for my lack of strength with technique and I am doing fine there, but are there any other strategies that I can work with?

I do not want to be a dirty guard puller, please help.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.