[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So that brand split will probably go one of two ways 1. Vince
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Vince Phone.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Vince Phone.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
So that brand split will probably go one of two ways
1. Vince does a decent split, and puts top guys on Smackdown too (probably AJ/Cena being the main guys)
2. Vince puts all of the top guys on Raw and has nothing but jobbers on Smackdown
Which will it be?
>>
>>1349787
I partly think Option B may be sleeper the best choice. All the midcarders can go to Smackdown, so they have room to develop into something more than that.
>>
>>1349792
Yeah that really worked on previous Smackdown's later years.
>>
Vince doesnt give a singular shit about Smackdown. It will be the new Jobber show for sure
>>
>>1349793
Hence why I said sleeper. As always with WWE, every delightful possibility is tinged with shit.
>>
>>1349793
Henry never would have won the WHC if it weren't for the brand split and there being two world titles.
>>
According to the dirtsheets, this new brandsplit is only happening because the USA Network and sponsors are super pissed over the free falling ratings for Smackdown. This shake up is mainly geared towards making SD relevant again. Whether that will work is a totally different issue altogether.
>>
>>1349802
The fact that its going to be on Tuesday won't do it any favors. Nobody wants to watch 2 hours of Smackdown after watching 3 hours of Raw the night before
>>
>>1349803
Hopefully Raw will go back to being two hours after the brand split happens. If they want to expand upon storylines past those two hours, then it's time they start making Main Event (and maybe even Superstars) worth watching.
>>
>>1349787
>so the brand split will go one of two ways: good or bad

Thanks for that insight faggot
>>
>>1349803
I totally agree. Having 5 hours of WWE over 2 days is insane, and that jumps up even more on PPV weekends with like 8 hours of content in 3 days.

Im very pessimistic about this gamble. I even think its very possible that it could be the beginning of the end for SD
>>
>>1349810
>beginning of the end for SD

This is the most likely outcome. The way the WWE has been going the last few years I can't see them being able to maintain SD for much longer.
>>
I'm all for making SD live but they really should have kept it on Thursday or even Friday and just do it then, I mean there's no reason they can't just move the program over. USA expects to air it on Thursday anyway so the slot is open. The only problem I can think of is maybe the wrestlers would be mad to work live tv on Thursday but now they'd have Tuesday off anyway so it wouldn't be a loss of free time just a switchover
>>
>>1349911
Its a money saving move. Having it on Tuesday means they can just have it in the same arena as the previous days Raw. No moving around a shit load of equipment and staff. No hiring out a whole other arena, and thus not having to spend more on advertising tickets for that show, etc.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.