[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he actually good from a technical standpoint? Or did he stand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: Bret_Hart.jpg (21 KB, 280x390) Image search: [Google]
Bret_Hart.jpg
21 KB, 280x390
Was he actually good from a technical standpoint? Or did he stand out from a mountain of shit
>>
The answer is yes to both.
>>
>>1347791
He's the best technical wrestler of all time, only krispenwah came close
>>
>>1347791
The latter. Boring piece of garbage
>>
>>1347801
this
>>
>>1347823
Since when does being good technically mean you're entertaining?

All you sports entertainment fans would probably find an actual wrestling match to be boring as shit.
>>
>>1347812
This is true
Hennig is up there too
>>
>manlet
>doesn't flip
WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT?!
>>
Yes, Bret's talents weren't just his repertoire and his ability to turn moves into original spots. He was genuinely gifted at pacing matches and working crowds.
>>
File: based Dean.jpg (17 KB, 250x234) Image search: [Google]
based Dean.jpg
17 KB, 250x234
>>1347812
>>1347901
Dont forget ya boy
>Based Malenko
>>
>>1348130
He was so gifted that at WM12 half the building left after Warrior showed up
>>
>>1348229
So, let me get this straight.

You're saying that Bret Hart was not an accomplished wrestler. And your evidence for that is that a crowd chose to leave before a match for which his performance and technical prowess is widely praised?

He was bad because a crowd which didn't see him wrestle left before his match?

Stop me if I'm getting this wrong, but that argument seems completely nonsensical to me.
>>
>>1348377
>gifted at pacing matches and working crowds

if he was so gifted at those two things they would have stayed to watch him in the main event. Nobody is saying he wasn't a good technical wrestler
>>
>>1348421
>if he was so gifted at those two things they would have stayed to watch him in the main event.

So you are saying Bret was bad in that match? And your evidence to prove that he was bad in that match is the only people who 100% did not see him perform in that match?

You're a funny little thing, anon.
>>
>>1348435
The other half of people who were there sat on their hands until the last two minutes of the match

He was a good technical wrestler that match, again. But he didn't work the crowd whatsoever to get them to give a shit about it
>>
>>1347883
People here call MMA boring, they'd probably claw their eyes out if they had to watch real wrestling.
>>
>>1347791
All Bret had was technical skill. There was almost nothing else to admire about him besides the sunglasses gimmick.
>>
>>1348446
It's a match that was guaranteed to last an hour. And it is a brilliant performance, that never lulls to anything worse than "solid". Of all the matches to argue he couldn't pace or work a crowd, I just find it bizarre you pick that one.

It's like watching weight lifting and saying that a guy who just set a new world record is not as good as a guy who lifted less, because the first guy "looked like he was struggling more".....
>>
>>1348520
It was so brilliant that half the people left before it started and the other half were bored out of their minds

Nobody talks about this match unless it's to bring up how boring it was
>>
>>1347812
>>1348130
>>1348377
>>1348435
>>1348449
>>1348520
>>1347883

fuck off bretcuck
>>
>>1347791

He was basically the definition of technical in wrestling, and was also a mountain of shit as a human being.
>>
>>1348534
People leaving before they saw something is not an indication of how good that thing was.

For all you can tell, it's an indication of how dumb the people who left are.

>Nobody talks about the Bret/Shawn Iron Man match
lol, you gotta be working me now.
>>
>>1348564
Why do you keep ignoring that the people who stayed didn't give a shit about the match until the last two minutes?
>>
>>1348550
Triggered AR eyoh?
>>
>>1348570
Because it's not a valid point. That crowd was watching that match correctly. YOU are watching it (and listening to the reaction) incorrectly. That pre-attitude crowd is smarkier than you are.

It's an Iron Man match. They KNEW the match would last an hour. They were also smart enough to know it was going to be an exhibition match that would remain in the balance until the very end. They get fantastic reactions for spots throughout the match, but no crowd is going to stay manic for a full 60 minutes.

Seriously - terrible choice of match to criticise Bret.
>>
>>1348621
You're right, they were watching it correctly. With their eyes closed and getting a nice nap until overtime started

Nobody gives or gave a shit about this match and it's only brought up to either A. Talk about how boring it was or B. In "most overrated matches ever" threads
>>
>>1348631
>Nobody gives or gave a shit about this match and it's only brought up to either A. Talk about how boring it was or B. In "most overrated matches ever" threads

you're trying to work me. It's like you have never watched/read/talked about wrestling with another human being ever.
>>
>>1348680
>trying

kek. Face it, most of the people there were only in the building to see Warrior and left right after he did. And the people who did stay didn't get "worked" by Bret into giving a shit about the match
>>
>>1348698
go and re-watch the match. You will be surprised at the consistence of the crowd (I am playing it on YouTube now).

Citing people who splashed out for Mania tix solely to see Ultimate fucking Warrior is hardly a yardstick of quality or good taste, anon.
>>
>>1348728
I'll watch that match again if I'm suffering from insomnia

And whats wrong with buying tickets to see one of the most popular wrestlers ever? Go up to even 1998 when he showed up in WCW, he was over as fuck the night he debuted
>>
>>1347812

Pretty sure Brock and Kurt are both better technical wrestlers than Bret or Redacted.
>>
Bret Hart was the best draw of the early-mid 1990s. Any promotion could have built themselves around him.

source: Vince McMahon

go use google or youtube and look for the interviews yourselves plebs
>>
>>1347904
>manlet
>billed as tall as reigns
Pick one
>>
>>1349140
Brock and Angle have a different style than Hart. The former two would appeal to more modern ADD fags who lose interest when they don't see a corkscrew moonsault in five minutes.
>>
>>1349174
>billed
keyword. he's no more than 6'0''
>>
He marketed himself good. He wasn't the best.

Better technical wrestlers off the top of my head were Dynamite Kid and Mr Perfect, just to start
>>
>>1347791
Yeah if technical means boring he was the most technical mother fucker of all time.
>>
>>1349247
Quit being such and ADHD cunt. Not doing 4 germans and jumping off the ropes every 10 seconds doesn't make him a boring wrestler.
>>
>>1349250
fuck off bretcuck
>>
>>1349254
frik u butthead
>>
>>1349188

Brock was an NCAA Division I heavyweight champion. Kurt Angle, including his Olympic gold, was a grand slam champion.

Bret was a kayfabe "technician". Kurt and Brock are legit.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if freakin' Ziggler was a more legit wrestler than Bret. Job Jizzler was a state champion in his weight class in college.
>>
>>1349873
Bret was taught by his dad,Stu and by the Funks.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.