[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How old were you when you finally realized how much of a genius
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 200_s (1).gif (33 KB, 317x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s (1).gif
33 KB, 317x200
How old were you when you finally realized how much of a genius Vince really is?
>>
When I realized that WWE is being ruined by Triple H
>>
1997/98
>>
>>1347771
When he still manages to beat all the other wrestling promotions in ratings and crowd attendance even though smarks says the "outlaws" are so good.
>>
>>1347771
>Vince
>genius

el o el
>>
If Vince is such a genius why is pro wrestling the least popular than it has ever been in history?
>>
>>1347992
I'd imagine its more popular now than 93-95
>>
>>1347771
>Vince
>Genius
Kek.

Must be nice to be called a genius when you've accidentally'd into almost all of your success.
>>
>>1348000
18+
It was still kind of mainstream then and didnt carry as much of a stigma as now
>>
>>1348001
>>1347992
>>1347815
>marky marks
if Vince isn't a genius then why did he BTFO of every wrestling promotion that mattered and ended up owning them? Face it, kid Vince is the greatest mind in the history of wrestling. He turned it into a billion dollar industry. And works are the marks because he can and they come back for more.
>>
File: 1460551546373.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
1460551546373.gif
1 MB, 292x278
>>1348019
>>
>>1348019
Because Vince was the best at happy accidents.

>Didn't create Hulkamania, it was already running wild when he bought up territories.
>WWE was dying because he wasn't smart enough to move past the cartoon period and scandals galore.
>Didn't want to be edgy.
>Ted Turner had to come to make Vince decide it was time to change things up when WCW was killing it with edgy content.
>Didn't even make half of the popular superstars of the Attitude Era. The Rock would have been stuck being a goody two shoes loser if it was up to Vince, and Stone Cold would have been Ice Cold or some other goofy shit.
>Half the catchphrases and notorious promos were paraphrased because the writing was terrible.
>Now that all the people who dragged him kicking and screaming to success are gone the WWE is dying yet again and somehow the 'genius' hasn't fixed it.

I feel like a genius wouldn't end up in a financial downturn with his company dying THREE times.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 600x375
>>1347992
>Wrestlemania 31 the biggest WM off all time

>wrestling is least popular today
>>
>>1348000

No way.

93-95 had Razor Ramon, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Diesel, etc

Raw was one hour and it was a pretty good show (even at it's lowest points).

Nowadays Raw is 3 hours of pure boredom.
>>
>>1348049
>He believes the WWE's figures.

Have you noticed how nobody else in the world confirmed that but the WWE? You notice how they got caught lying about a Wrestlemania's figures before?
>>
>>1348049

Wrestlemania has been marketed like the Superbowl as a "if you don't watch you're missing out" kind of event.

It doesn't matter if the worst 2 wild card teams are in the Superbowl, it's going to a billion viewers worldwide easy. WM is the same way. It hasn't been good since 18.
>>
>>1348054
Quality of the product and popularity doesn't always correlate
>>
>>1348064
>18

I hope you meant 19 kek
>>
>>1348065

I agree.

93-95 was a weird "post Hulkamania", pre-NWO era.

The product today is almost complete garbage. With the exception of AJ Styles I can't think of 1 reason to watch.
>>
>>1348040
>vince never wanted to be edgy meme
yea, he must hate dropping all those f-bombs left and right on that shitty cartoon
>>
More liek how old were you when you realized Vince isn't the genius everyone says he is
>>
It's a publicly traded company, guys. It's success or lack of is represented by the price of it's stock.
>>
>>1348081
>He went edgy, so that means he must have wanted to from the very beginning fallacy.

Yeah, he must have been really upset having to arbitrarily wait for Ted Turner to start killing him and the WWF to finally be the edge master he is.

He really wanted to make the Gobbledy Gooker come to the ring with a gun and Al Snow dressed up as a ninja with his cock out.
>>
>>1348000
More people know Doink and Yoko over Roman. Cya ttyl desu
>>
ITT: Millenials take based Vince for granted becuase WWE is all they've ever known.

Vince is a better booker than anyone who booked WCW in the 90s. If Bischoff had Austin he would had have hotshotted all his big matches and then let Russo turn him heel.
>>
WhatCulture's 'why Vince isnt a genius' video was SO cringe.
>>
>>1348225
Bischoff DID have Austin. He fedex'd him because he though he was a no-talent loser.
>>
>>1348225
>Trying to 18+ anybody when you're showing your youth in post.

WCW was killing the WWF for a majority of the Monday Night Wars. ECW would have killed them both if they weren't run out of bingo halls and could afford paid their employees in more than peanut shells and I.O.Us. Pretending like they never did anything right is the truest show of a Vinny Mac mark if I ever seen one.

Vince is as lucky as he was good at the wrestling business. His business almost died twice before and there's nobody else to blame but Vinny Mac. A genius he ain't.
>>
>>1348064
>It doesn't matter if the worst 2 wild card teams are in the Superbowl, it's going to a billion viewers worldwide easy.
>billion viewers

Terrible meme. It's no where even fucking close.
>>
>>1348270
>thinking a multi-billion dollar industry and it's survival is solely based on luck
>>
>>1348516
He's almost killed it twice, and is in the process of killing it again. That doesn't happen if you're a genius with a nose for the industry. How many times have Apple and Microsoft almost bit the big one because they refused to change?

>>1348528
>WCW was shit
Why do you guys even bother with lack luster bait?
>>
>>1348528
Exactly.

WWF/E at the time was playing it safe unlike WCW. I don't blame ECW for it's demise as it was already a giant uphill battle to begin even with Paul Heyman under the helm

But for some reason every smark wants to believe Vince was just "lucky" and it's the worst businessman in the world that it's purposely trying to ruin his own company
>>
>>1348542
Y-you do understand business, right?

Just last year Microsoft themselves posted massive loss in the second quarter and nearly lost their company numerous times in the early years and are still capable.

Either way I believe Vince is a genius because if he was anyone else it would've sunk down years ago.
>>
Geniuses don't create bastion booger and the fucking mantaur, but whatever, keep eating Vince's asshole
>>
>>1348573
>In the early years.
Yeah that's the early years. How many times have they almost died after experiencing a boom period?

Only Vince's company almost dies every time after it 'changes' the game.
>>
>>1348805
Any industry can go down and it is at constant risk of that, so is Microsoft. I apologize if I didn't make myself clear about that.

I'm just saying Vince has to know what he's doing to have the WWE still alive like it is today
>>
>>1348662
>implying geniuses are incapable of doing stupid things
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.