[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Dead man retiring?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: taker.jpg (49 KB, 480x375) Image search: [Google]
taker.jpg
49 KB, 480x375
What's your opinion /asp/?
http://www.inquisitr.com/3143446/wwe-news-the-undertaker-angry-with-vince-mcmahon-over-wrestlemania-32-deadmans-wwe-career-likely-over/
>>
>>1347085
He should, but he won't, because he seems really intent on lashing his legacy with streaks of stinking piss.
>>
I mean I'd be upset too if I was told my yearly big match was a spotfest with a non-wrestler that would not matter in the long run in the big picture of things, but I doubt he's retiring anytime soon despite what people think.

Taker will retire putting someone over, who that someone is we don't know yet.
>>
I hope so. He should have retired 6 years ago.
>>
File: takereatsaghostpepper.jpg (684 KB, 940x545) Image search: [Google]
takereatsaghostpepper.jpg
684 KB, 940x545
>>1347093
I agree after seeing him at wm32 I think it's time for him to just give it up, he looks like shit (not that it's his fault we all get old), can barely move in the ring, and never shows up anymore unless it's a ppv. Not to mention how ridiculous a balding 51 year old man looks wearing eyeliner and leather, besides the heel gimmick isn't working that well which goes to show you how much steam Vince and creative are running out of.
>Inb4 muh legend
Dudes been wrestling for thirty years I think that's more than enough to acquire legendary status in the wrestling business unless your a mid carder/jobber
>>
>>1347085
I hope so
>>
If he retires on that match with Shane O'Mac, that'd be pretty awful. I hope he comes back to at least go out with a bang.
>>
Should've retired this year and put Bray over.

This is long overdue, outside of Punk basically killing himself for the match he's not had a good'un since HBK.
>>
File: 1437014434248.png (499 KB, 673x713) Image search: [Google]
1437014434248.png
499 KB, 673x713
>>1347085
Is Taker getting angry because he was asked to lose to Shane a legit thing?
First I've heard of it and it seems like complete bullshit.
Actually, that whole article seems like complete bullshit. Taker's put up with a lot of shit, it doesn't really make sense for him to just suddenly be angry with the boss after an entire career of being a company man through and through
>>
File: cm-punk.jpg (277 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
cm-punk.jpg
277 KB, 1536x2048
>Taker
>Angry

Taker's too old for this shit to be angry.
>>
>>1347291
I can buy Taker being pissed that he was asked to put over the boss' son, who wasn't even a wrestler, rather than put over a young guy.
>>
>>1347338
Yep. Though I still like Biker Taker.
>>
We will never see prime Taker vs prime Cena anymore.

Damnit Vince.
>>
>>1349995
I think they've asked Cena if he wanted to be the guy to end the streak but he said no.

Either he has huge respect for Taker or just being a chickenshit because of nuclear heat that he'll get would be detrimental to his over the moon babyface status
>>
>>1350004

This. Brock got over the nuclear heat due to destroying someone like Cena rather easily. So people got behind him. Who would Cena go up against where people would cheer him? Roman? kek
>>
>>1347291
>>1347297
I heard Taker himself veto'd the decision to put Wyatt over at SS. Or at least pushed to go over in the first place.
I don't necessarily buy that, because I highly doubt Vince wouldn't have Taker lose on his 25th anniversary, but that, coupled with this, is beginning to form the picture of a more selfish Taker than perhaps initially believed.
>>
>WHAT'S MARK "THE GRAVE DIGGER" CALLOUS DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE?
>>
>WHAT'S THE OVERGIVER DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE?
>>
>>1350028
People change. And old people are notoriously stubborn.

who knows. Think of this though: Vince was a lot more receptive to the opinions of others when he was younger.
>>
>>1350021
> ameridumbs
>>
>>1350016
Bork is the designated bad guy, so his existence in WWE is fueled by those radioactive heat. Cena has been THE top face for almost 10 years (even longer than the Rock). That heat would easily kills his merch sales.
>>
>>1350028
>Fat midget
>Going over tall badass

I don't blame him for denying Bray
>>
>>1350028
This is Taker, mang. Not RVD.

He can't just lose to anyone.
>>
>>1350215
I'd assume that, were his image as a company guy absolute and factual, he'd put over the young guy.
>>
>>1350078
ayy
>>
YOUVE DONE IT NOW, YOU'VE GONE AND MADE A BIG MISTAKE
>>
>>1347103
>Shane literally became GM of Raw and created a New Era

>"not matter in the long run"
>>
>>1350232
That's exactly why it didn't matter in the long run.
Taker was wrestling to keep Shane OUT of power.
>>
>>1347103
>Taker will retire putting someone over, who that someone is we don't know yet.

oh we know, we just don't want it to end like that.
>>
>>1350240

Taker was wrestling because Shane said this would be his last Wrestlemania if he lost.
>>
>>1350249
Vince said that.
Taker was still wrestling trying to win, knowing that in doing so he would keep Shane out of power.
He won.
Shane then came into power.
Thus, the match didn't matter in the long run.
Simple enough?
>>
His Final Match will be next Year at WM33, and he'll put over Cena for it.
This is probably what the plans were originally for WM32, but Cena got JUST and it all fell through.
>>
>>1350260
>he'll put over Cena for it.
Lmao, Cena's almost done at this point too. I reckon if they offer that to Cena he'd personally say no because it does nothing for him and shits on Taker. If anyone's getting put over these days, it's Reigns.

I wouldn't put it past Vince.
>>
>>1350268
>shits on Taker to put Cena over, so it won't happen
>but it doesn't shit on him to put Reigns over
>>
>>1347291
Its hard to know. Dirt sheets are like 50% rumour, 50% legit insider knowledge.

It would explain the weird storyline inconsistency if it did happen to be true though
>if you win you run raw, if you lose youre dead to me
>loses
>Lol, jk. Run Raw anyway kiddo!
>>
Imagine a world where Taker retires putting over a new star, like Harper or Balor, instead of being another feather in the cap of a star like Cena or Roachman Reigns.
>>
>>1350276
It does shit on him, any loss at Mania does, but putting Reigns over makes far more sense than putting over Cena who's on his way out. Reigns is on his bumpy way in and they desperately want people to like him, wouldn't surprise me
>>
>>1350299
All of the things people hate about Roman would be made worse by him going over Taker, not better.
>>
>The Undertaker has an interesting contract that requires him to work only one match a year minimum to get his downside guarantee. Basically, his contract asks him to perform once and he’ll get paid for the rest of the year.

Holy shit. No wonder Taker keeps coming back. He gets a whole years pay for 1 match a year.
>>
>>1350232
>muh new era
>same old shit
>thinking shane will change shit
>getting worked this hard
>>
>>1350028
Wouldn't be the first time he does something like that. Remember DDP and Kanyon?
>>
>>1350305
All the things WWE are doing now with Roman are making people hate him more, that doesn't mean they're not doing it.
Sometimes they really appear to have no clue whatsoever, so I think a WM loss for Taker is more likely to be against Reigns than Cena. There'll probably be a promo of Taker putting him over, followed by some podcast sometime after where Taker calls him a great worker
>>
-WM 30: Taker over Lesnar. Taker shows to the world that he is awsome (one more time) and is not give god status to a part-timer.
-WM 31: Wyatt over Taker. Taker is retired by a young promise and Wyatt is consolidate how major heel. Taker has, at the end, a good successor.
-WM 32: Shane wins over Lesnar, and this stupid storyline about he leadering RAW could have any sense.
>>
>>1350021
>what is Wrestlemania 30?
>>
>>1350290
>harper
>balor
>stars
>>
>>1350596
You better not talk about HarpGOAT in vain.
>>
If they had Roman destroy Taker and used it to have Roman go full heel, that'd at least be INTERESTING.
>>
>>1350629

should have gone with Roman/Taker and Shane/HHH
>>
>>1347085
He should die, fuck this old prick.
>>
>>1350755
>>>/b/
>>
>>1350755
Nice contrarian opinion kiddo
>>
>>1350204
>6ft3
>midget
>>
>>1350755
He's died several times pleb
>>
>>1350516
>Shane wins over Lesnar
Shane. Are you fucking serious? A mid 40's non wrestler winning over a LEGIT former UFC champ? Christ, we've actually gone and found soneone more out of touch than Vince.

That would bury Lesnar so deep that he might as well buy the fucking gravestone himself
>>
>>1347085
His match with HHH at WM 28 was so epic, perfect way to end his career. Winning. With the three big names left standing on the stage at the end. Passing on the legacy to the next generation. But they ruined it by making him have a mediocre opponent like punk was was clearly never going to beat him the next year
>>
>>1347234
They pushed Brayy too fast.

Having Taker lose two WM is a row would had damaged Taker completely.

His final match should had been Brayy.
>>
>>1351091
>billed heights
>>
>>1351153
Bray would still be at least 6' if that's the case.
>>
>>1351151
>Having Taker lose two WM is a row would had damaged Taker completely.
>His final match should had been Brayy.

Tell me: can YOU put the 2 & 2 here together?
>>
>>1347291
GOAT harper is such a qt
>>
>>1350305
>>1350299
>Roman goes over Taker at WM
>The thermonuclear heat on Reigns increases exponentially and causes the heat death of the universe
>>
>>1351138
Remember when they pushed that whole end of an era thing really hard, yet nothing came out of it in the end.
>>
>>1350268
Ha! We all know Cena's going to wrestle for twenty more years, retiring as the greatest of all time with a full three decades of full time wrestling and an unprecedented 25 title run.
>>
>>1350599
None of those guys are stars.
>>
>>1350246
THE.
CHAMP.
IS.
HERE.
>>
>>1351649
But they could be if somebody actually puts them over.

How did you not follow that? You slow?
>>
>>1351153
Probably at least 6 foot 1, just he's always next the Wyatt Family who are fucking giants
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.