[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ricochet vs Osprey NJPW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 14
File: CjdvgH3UgAMmnMF.jpg (59 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
CjdvgH3UgAMmnMF.jpg
59 KB, 600x300
Did you see this match?? controversial because some old superstars say that is like sun circus.

I still thinking that is awesome in a aereal fight.

If you didnt watch it >>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TgbxaQcheQ
>>
>>1346307
I cant watch this. Its all flippy mexican vanilla midget shit. nothing resembling a fight.
>>
Yeah, my favorite fight was with sasuke vs itachi
>>
>>1346307
>Listening to old fags ever.

Things evolve and people get mad about it, it's a tale as old as time.
>>
>>1346307

"Just like we rehearsed!"
>>
>>1346315
Actually watch the match before you judge it.
It has a sound story/psychology to it.
2 of the best high flyers in the world meet for the first time in the premiere high flyer tournament in wrestling.
A pissing contest to try and outdo each other ensues before breaking down into a straight up fight where they trade punches and kicks and elbows. Perfectly sound story and psychology and if you watch the match you will see that.
>>
>>1346315
>>1346330
Why do you watch wrestling?
It's fake you know. You should of jumped ship to UFC long ago
>>
>>1346330
>rehearsing high risk athletic spots to perfect them thus minimizing the risk is a bad thing
explain why
>>
Reminder to NEVER support post-kayfabe style wrestling.
>>
>>1346319

>every new idea and concept is a good one
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (197 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197 KB, 3000x1688
>This is our generation's Dynamite Kid/Tiger Mask.
>>
>>1346307
these two faggots would be better off if they joined the circus, i bet they would make more money there
>>
I'd like everyone ITT who didn't like this match to post their idea of what a "real" wrestling match should look like.
>>
>>1346369

>every new idea and concept is a bad one
>>
>>1346330
So like every Undertaker match from this decade?
>>
>>1346399
the good guy endures 10 finishers in a row but eventually finishes his foe using his finisher once
>>
File: vince.jpg (14 KB, 447x336) Image search: [Google]
vince.jpg
14 KB, 447x336
>>1346405
WHAT AN UNDERDOG BABYFACE!!
>>
>>1346415
>Vince legitimately believes somebody can be an underdog and a superhero
>>
File: Osmeme.gif (4 MB, 230x130) Image search: [Google]
Osmeme.gif
4 MB, 230x130
>>
File: 1459800942769s.jpg (4 KB, 133x200) Image search: [Google]
1459800942769s.jpg
4 KB, 133x200
>>1346418
>underdog and superhero
spiderman first came to my mind, but then spidey turned out to be OP among other avengers
>>
>>1346315
>nothing resembling a fight.
You are at least 2 dozen different types of retarded.
>>
File: j2sWH28.gif (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
j2sWH28.gif
4 MB, 480x270
>Ospreay KUSHIDA Invasion attack in april
>technically sound match
>KUSHIDA working Ospreay's arm the whole match while Ospreay sells brilliantly
>great example of phenomenal psychology
>Ospreay does his high risk spots but his arm keeps giving out, then he just modifies his spots to not use the arm anymore
>Legit MOTY contender
>BOSJ tournament
>Smaller profile match where the stakes are less high
>High flyer vs high flyer
>Tons of cool moves
>Gets mainstream recognition
>Suddenly Ospreay can't work anymore and people forget about his entire repertoire, he's just a stupid spotmonkey.

Life isn't fair for based brit.
>>
>>1346307
>manlets
>outlaw wrestling
>flippy shit
Cancer/10
>>
>>1346448
Ospreay is taller than BMJ
>>
>>1346429
What the fuck is this shit? Was Cornette right?
>>
>>1346449
>manlet is taller than another manlet
What a surprise
>>
>>1346429
>those handsprings at the end
why
>>
>>1346429
>flippy anime shit
Just nuke Japan again please
>>
>>1346444
>Handspring kick spot without putting pressure on the arm
>When eventually lands on the arm immediately sells

Fuck dude this is so good why does nobody sell anymore? I remember a few weeks ago Owens was stumbling to the ring selling his injury, but as soon as he got in it was gone. Wrestling NEEDS Ospreay, and he has 10 times better ring psychology than fucking Vader and anyone in the WWE currently.
>>
What the fuck would Vader know about whats right or not? A lot of people hated him back in the day for being a big fat cunt who could do moonsaults.
>>
not a big fan. it's just wayyy too choreographed
>>
>>1346458

right? it's shit like that that killed it for me
>>
>>1346474
WWE actively discourages its talents from selling.
>>
>>1346429
Didn't like that anime shit at the end but otherwise that was pretty sick
>>
I loved Wrestle Kingdom 10 and finally subscribed to njpwworld because of this match
>>
>>1346474
Neville did it iirc.
>>
File: ricochet.jpg (83 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
ricochet.jpg
83 KB, 400x267
>>1346307
>men's gymnastics
Why do you watch that? Women gymnasts are at least hot
>>
>>1346429
Jesus fucking christ it's so bad
>>
>ricochet
fuck this faggot he literally just likes to showoff his epin flippy moves he can't work a normal match for shit
>>
>>1346462

most japanese wrestling isnt like this though

its from mexican and modern european/american indie wrestling that has started doing this dumb shit
>>
>>1347113
This, the real japanese wrestling is at AJPW and NOAH
NJPW is just a meme that became popular with the smarks
>>
Flips are great, because they're just feats of cool-looking athleticism.
But they can't be entirely without purpose, or it doesn't fit the context of two guys trying to win the match. At which point it just becomes pointless convolution, however impressive it is.
This gif, for example
>>1346429
It works because they're actually trying to one-up and counter each-other. They're flipping all over the fucking place, but as they do so, they're rebutting each-other's moves and setting up their own, being forced to spin and fly even more to counter what happens next.
>>
Constant flips is fucking stupid

You will desensitize your audience if you always do this. This is why the Young Bucks have to use about 100 super kicks to get the same reation HBK would get when he just used one
>>
>>1346429
Looks like a fucking ballet
>>
>>1347214
>getting worked by the SUPERKICK PARTY
>2016
>>
That gif that keeps getting posted is basically the high flier equivalent of a test of strength.

Pretty much straight after that they start punching each other in the face.
>>
>>1346360
Aren't you a bundle of joy.
>>
>>1347238
>Worked
>He thinks he's a wrestler
Just look and listen to the crowd dipshit.

Compare a chair shot in the 80s to now. Totally different reaction
>>
>Jushin Liger and Brian Pillman literally had this match 24 years ago
>>
The match was fine aside from the end of that sequence, it's just dumb that they stop going for offense just to do a Naruto stare down
>>
File: media_xll_1700921.jpg (14 KB, 510x288) Image search: [Google]
media_xll_1700921.jpg
14 KB, 510x288
>>1346646
>not watching the sport that displays the peak of human feats of control over the body and perfection of bodyweight-based strength
>not watching based Yuri going from a perfect iron cross into a perfect straddle planche

All clues point towards you being either a skelly or a fatty.
>>
File: 9-3-2015 10-21-37 PM.jpg (22 KB, 637x438) Image search: [Google]
9-3-2015 10-21-37 PM.jpg
22 KB, 637x438
>>1347118
>tfw NOAH is dying and AJPW isn't far behind
>>
>>1346474
>Fuck dude this is so good why does nobody sell anymore?
Setting up a spot where you sell is not the same as selling. Ospreay doesn't sell for shit; go watch the Ricochet match where he completely no-sells a DVD on the fucking apron because lol gotta get more shit in
>>
>>1348355
>biggest match misawa is no longer alive

>>1348366
>Setting up a spot where you sell is not the same as selling.

Why did you write this thing?
>>
>>1348374
Sitting backstage and going "okay I'm going to do a handspring and fall on my arm and then I'll do it again without my hands and it'll look cool" is a spot. It's not the same thing as acting like your arm has been seriously hurt.

Ospreay is the dictionary definition of a spot monkey. Every match he wrestles is a rush from spot to spot to cram as much shit into his 15 minutes as he can.
>>
>>1348366
AND YOU WATCH THE FUCKING KUSHIDA MATCH WHERE HE SELLS LITERALLY THE ENTIRE TIME, DIFFERENT MATCH DIFFERENT APPROACH TO WRESTLING
>>
>>1348404
>calling this >>1346429 """"""""""wrestling""""""""""
top kek
>>
File: The animal, bautistic.jpg (80 KB, 540x576) Image search: [Google]
The animal, bautistic.jpg
80 KB, 540x576
>>1348403
>>Setting up a spot where you sell is not the same as selling.
>>
Did anybody else cringe at those chants
>>
>>1348456
>Draxtista loves The Mountie
>>
>>1346429

Awful. The synchronized flipping and poses at the end are laughable and completely break the fourth wall.
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>1348403
>>I'm going to do a handspring
>I will hurt my arm
>>then I'll do it again without ny hands
>basically putting emphasis on how much my arm is hurt
>somehow that's not in-ring psychology
>and somehow a spot can't be part of it
>which literally means that all in-ring psychology ever is not actually in-ring psychology

Jesus Christ, it's like you want to be retarded.
>>
Here's the thing about this match; watching the whole thing, aside from the handful of sequences that keep getting posted as gifs, it's roughly on par with a lot of NxT or LU stuff. And their primary job as entertainers is to get over with the live crowd, no one can deny that crowd was hype as fuck, especially for the average subdued Japanese crowd. We have the benefit of watching the match online, from close-up angles, and with instant replay so it looks over-rehearsed.
This match was supposed to be a showcase of cruiser weight wrestling, and in my opinion, it's fucking amazing.
>>
>>1346429
it was good until the synchronized flips and anime pose what the fuck
>>
>>1348524
>ZISU ISU AHSOMU
>>
>>1351093
they did it for the smarks.
>>
>>1346399
https://youtube.com/watch?v=g_FvCj4rzUs

This is what pro wrestling should be
>>
File: Hurricane Helms - Sun, 08 Mar.png (222 KB, 424x318) Image search: [Google]
Hurricane Helms - Sun, 08 Mar.png
222 KB, 424x318
>>1346307
It was utter shit.

This is the pro wrestling equivalent of liking Dragonforce.
>>
>>1346307
I like flippy shit as much as the next anon (who am I kidding the is /wwe/ I'm talking about), but that was waaaay too much. It made the match unrealistic, and it buried a lot finishing maneuvers and devalued high impact moves. Not to mention you could hear Ricochet and Osprey calling moves out loud making the match faker than it is. Even more faker was when they went full ham in the flips in the beginning moments of the match ending it with a cheesy stare off. Wasn't necessary. Still there was some good spots I'll give them that. I also like the ring psychology between the two (ex. Ricochet spiting on Osprey because he does not like to be cool).

Would of been nicer if they cut down on the flips and went with the fists like the other nips in NJPW. Also unacceptable language in the ring (although Osprey saying "pip pip motherfucka" made me chuckle). If they did that in WWE they would of been fined or suspended.

5 star match for causals and reddit; trigger warning for Cornette and wrassling style fans. I hope this doesn't become the norm.

tl;dr: Cut it off you two this isn't Cirque du Solei. Good acting and stop no selling.
>>
>>1346429
cringe
>>
>>1351412
so, really good and well rehearsed?
>>
>>1346429
This was the best chain of the match the rest started to pull me out of it.
>>
>>1351408
this pretty much
>>
>>1346474
This.
>>
When everybody is RVD, no one is.
>>
It was a bit too much at times but I really liked the story of two cocky showmen trying to one up each other until frustration starts to kick in and they start getting more violent with each other.

Also you guys are forgetting that this is a Jr. Heavyweight match. In Japan. This kind of stuff is exactly what you would expect from these matches most of the time and the crowd was very, very clearly molten for it, why are you giving two workers shit for giving their audience exactly what they wanted to see?
>>
File: 1464301383440.gif (3 MB, 256x196) Image search: [Google]
1464301383440.gif
3 MB, 256x196
>>1346315
>nothing resembling a fight
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Too many anime power poses. Still a better match than anything WWE has done this year.
>>
>>1354091
>why are you giving two workers shit for giving their audience exactly what they wanted to see

because /asp/
>>
>>1354091
you're forgetting that its not /wwe/ and therefore shit and irrelevant
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.