[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here thinks that The Rock is boring on the mic now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: The_Rock.0.jpg (117 KB, 1310x873) Image search: [Google]
The_Rock.0.jpg
117 KB, 1310x873
Anyone else here thinks that The Rock is boring on the mic now? He just isn't the same as he was in the Attitude Era.
On his segment with The New Day, they pretty much dominated him.
>>
>>1331697
He, trips, and Austin would always shoot their promos. Now it's scripted, regurgitated bullshit. The only thing reminiscent of his old self is that he calls people candy asses.
>>
Everyone is horrible now. The times are just different, back in the day chants were like. Authentic and organic. Now, they actually push for lil sayings and stuff. Trying to hashtag and trend. It's all ridiculous
>>
Its because he does it once every 8 months. Hes not getting much practice so its just the same old shit each time.

If he was still performing regular he would switch shit up like Jericho
>>
>>1331701
>He, trips, and Austin would always shoot their promos.
false he had a personal writer who talked about and gave him credit.
>>
There is NO ONE on the mic now better than him
>>
>>1331697
He was always boring. You were just too young to realize it at the time.
>>
>>1331748
Austin is. The rock has been going downhill on the mic for the past 10 or so years and Austin was still sounded like the GOAT at the end of that Heyman podcast when he talked about a Lesnar match
>>
File: 316.webm (2 MB, 510x400) Image search: [Google]
316.webm
2 MB, 510x400
>>1331748
Austin going into Stone cold mode on the Heyman podcast was better than anything Rock did on the mic since his return.
>>
>>1331697
Yeah it was embarrassing how much better Punk was in their feud when Rock was supposed to be the better trash talker.
>>
>>1331905

CM Punk is at least in the top 10 of best talkers ever, though. Nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
FINALLY
>20 minutes of silence
THE ROCK HAS COME BACK
>15 minutes of silence
TO
>80 more minutes of silence
WRESTLEMANIA
>>
>>1332232
WHICH MEANS
FINALLY
THE ROCK
HAS COME BACK
....HOME

every fucking time.
>>
>>1332232
>Spend fucking half an hour setting your name on fire and talking about pointless shit records and Wrestlemania babies
>Wyatt's show up, holy fuck, something's finally gonna happen.
>Spend literally eight seconds wrestling Rowan

Come
ON
>>
>>1332239
and about 2 more hours of silence and squinting around the arena
>>
Why is it cool to hate on the rock here?

Oh I get it, most you children weren't even born when he was prime, as explained by those shitty guys on the roster that yall love so much
>>
>>1332313
He half-assed his return, its clear that he doesn't really give a shit about wrestling these days. I don't care that he chose the more lucrative option, but if he is going to make a come back he should at least put some effort into it, when was the last time he wrestled in a match that was longer than 6 seconds? Will we ever get the Rock vs HHH rematch at Mania?
>>
>Rock returns
>FINALY SMELELELELE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS
>buries a rising star
>leaves for 6 months
>>
>>1331703
It's very North Korean. They try to train the crowds to participate in stupid hand signs and calls. I think it's all designed for the Asian market - to show them that Americans can be trained to act like huge crowds of disciplined, herd animals too.
>>
>>1332313
Being old enough to have watched him in his prime gives someone all the more reason to hate him now.
>bald hair
>humble
>grateful
>swollen body
>smiling
>filler words because lost his confidence
>doesn't just drop catchphrases and insults casually like he used to
>pauses for 30 seconds between each line
>speaks in first person
>higher pitched voice

He just isn't remotely cool anymore because he doesn't play the Rock character, he comes out as Dwyane and uses some of The Rock's catchphrases.
>>
>>1332354
Forgot to add

>dresses like he wants to fuck off for a burger

If you're going to dress down, at least wear an expensive looking tracksuit or something and get the shades back to draw attention from your shiny scalp. His outfit shouldn't look like I could pull it out of my wardrobe right now.
>>
>>1331748
Jericho
>>
>>1331748
Sami Zayn is better.
>>
Welcome to today, OP. Whenever "The Rock" comes back now, it's not The Rock, it's Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
>>
>>1331748
Jericho. Heyman. Rusev. Lana. Vince.
>>
>>1332326
>forgets that this is just a profession to make money
>thinks he isn't a mark
>>
>>1332473
please lose weight
>>
>>1331936
Hi Phil!
>>
>>1332473
>Lana
Oh my kek
>>
He's been spouting the same catchphrases for well over a decade.
>>
Even if you don't like Rock on the mic, you still know that he is most likely the best on the mic in the industry right?
Because if you think otherwise kys pls
>>
>>1332326
Cry me a river, wrestling us fucking fake, who cares
>>
File: tmp_10391-dwaynejo-625653949.jpg (79 KB, 628x453) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10391-dwaynejo-625653949.jpg
79 KB, 628x453
>>1332354
Anyone old enough to him, should be an adult with responsibilities...if they are that bothered by cameo appearances where he isn't like he was back in 99, they need help. Why are you faggots so emotionally invested in a show, nevermind the fact it's all scripted.
>>
>>1332863
>Why are you faggots so emotionally invested in a show, nevermind the fact it's all scripted.

How many "unscripted" TV dramas are there?
>>
>>1332880
None, to a broader why get so invested in any tv show, there are better things to spend your time on.
>>
>>1332888
Like what anon? Go right ahead. Name them.
>>
Do you think Rock won't put over the younger guys whenever he pops back up because he doesn't want to, or because Vince won't let his insta-draw look weak?
>>
>>1332486
And become a skinny loser like you?

>>1332530
>implying Lana and Rusev aren't 24 karat promo gold
Bitch please.
>>
I just don't like the legends coming back to plug WrestleMania

>Finally, the ROCK has COME BACK....home
>The Rock woke up this morning...
>The jabroni-beating, pie eating...
>Little Rockettes and Rock babies..
>Buries a superstar
>If you SMEEEEEE-
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.