[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is happening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_20160527-184008_1.jpg (139 KB, 1044x1139) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160527-184008_1.jpg
139 KB, 1044x1139
So this is happening
>>
>>1331559

Pabst - so shit that it took dumbfuck hipsters to reinvigorate the brand
>>
>It's real
https://twitter.com/PabstBlueRibbon/status/736305632815554561
wew

But seeing the top twitter replies to that just makes me miss the Cena NES shirt
>>
I doubt they'd actually win if it went to court. You can't trademark something as generic as a blue circle on a white background.
>>
pbr would not win, it it was some sort of ribbon as the name implies, they could have a case
but it's a generic design with simple colors
they just want some free publicity
cena wins again, lol
>>
>>1331597
The writing is pretty similar aswell though, even the "t" has an extra long line going to the left
>>
>>1331618
>>1331597
Depending on how vigorously pbr has defended their design in the past they could have a pretty effective argument since to the everyday guy it does have much more than a passing semebelence to pbr's design style. They would also have the resources to mount a scorpian defense even if they had a weak case
>>
Pabst is pisswater for pussies, figures they'd be assblasted about this.
>>
>>1331625
Also 1 main word then 2 smaller words underneath
>>
>implying they will win over a silhouette of a design
>>
Did John Deere sue for the green Cena shirt? PBR is garbage either way.
>>
Kek, they wouldn't be doing this if a member of Arcade Fire copied their design for a shirt.
>>
>>1331640
I don't think the owners of PBR give a shit who drinks their beer, as long as someone is drinking it. Which is weird that they'd be upset about a huge star advertising them for free.
>>
>>1331646

The thing about trademarks is that if you don't defend them consistently you lose any right to defend them. So you have to go after possible violations even if they're likely beneficial for the company.
>>
>>1331653
Sounds like a headache
>>
Isn't the picture on the right a legit pbr tshirt?
Why would they care about a famous guy advertising their shitty beer for free?
>>
Tried to read it again to see if they were trying to "joke" around, but I got nothin'
They need a better social media person desu
>>
>>1331700
Probably because WWE gets to profit off PBR's likeness without paying them.
>>
>>1331764
All while getting a nice settlement from Uncle Vince, that also covers said legal fees.

Do you even lawsuit, bro?
>>
>Cena bored of burying wrestlers and starts burying beer companies
>>
BMJ vs Pabst
Career ending I Quit match, who wins?
>>
>>1331764
C&D letters cost like two hundred bucks to file.
>>
>>1331764
>free advertising
Enough of this meme. Nobody actually thinks of Pabst when they see that shirt
>>
>>1331786
I know enough to not let another company profit off of my IP, without getting a cut of it. A company like Pabst isn't going to go broke filing a cease and desist order. I am pretty sure all of the seven and eight year old kids getting their parents to buy them this shirt arent going to be buying any twelves of Blue Ribbon so don't give me the free advertising shit.
>>
>>1331559
I hope Vito wins the concussion lawsuit.
>>
>>1331801
I seriously think youre not a day over 14
>>
>>1331846
Is anyone on this board over 14?
>>
>>1331850
Op here, 21
>>
>>1331850
Everyone except you
>>
it's a Parody so they can't really do anything about it
>>
>>1331768
Vince don't bow down to shit. His legal would have looked this over. Faggot hipsters on suicide watch
>>
Parody is protected speech, PBR should stop trying to box with God and work a deal to sponsor the more manlet SJW wrestler around, which I guess is Sami Zayn?
>>
>>1331796

>Nobody actually thinks of Pabst when they see that shirt

And I think you just proved that this Trademark Infringement claim is hogshit.
>>
>>1331559
What's his name again?
>>
>>1331796
lol literally everyone I've heard talk about it has
>>
>>1331559
I only drink PBR out of it's availability and cost. I'l just buy craft brews if they sue WWE.
>>
>>1331559
cucks gonna cuck
>>
>>1331971
>mug craft brews

Faggot
>>
File: I am white trash.jpg (75 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
I am white trash.jpg
75 KB, 500x550
>>1331559
Did the South Park guys get into trouble with this?
Cenas shirt looks even more different than that.
>>
>>1332177
Don't think so!
Only know that Yelp filed a lawsuit for 10 Million dollars because of their Yelp episode
>>
>>1331559
Trying to sue because the most famous wrestler in the world endorses your product, smart
>>
>>1331755
more like the other way around, the shirt sells because its cena

if anything it's giving them outreach to children.

they should use cena's body as a billboard for marlboros.
>>
>>1332342
adding on:

when you look at how much miller and budweiser spend on annoying as fuck things just to get brand recognition the idea they would not want this for a company that's best known for making "that beer that's cheaper than busch that tastes like bread"

they do realize that cena heat isn't like Osama Bin Laden heat, right?
>>
>>1331559
Nice astroturf marketing, OP. Go shill your shitty American pisswater elsewhere.

>so this just happened
>so this is happening

You sound like an instagram bimbo who gives blowjobs for internships.
>>
>>1332177
>>1332321
Wouldn't the South Park episode fall under the Fair Use dealy. Google says: "... such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work."
>>
....and they've pulled the shirt
>>
>>1333160
F
>>
cena lost to pabst lel

is pabst getting a push?
>>
>>1333204
Best beer in the world they deserve it
>>
WWE pulled the merch

Shitty beer BTFO Cena
>>
>>1331653
You're the only person itt who gets this
>>
>>1333333
> All them digits
You're totally right.
> B-b-but ma'h free advertising
>>
>>1333384
it's PBR, one of only a handful of beers with a cheaper than steel reserve per 40 price tag, i don't think they're all that worried about protecting their sacred name.
>>
>>1331559

I still can't believe that Cena became the face of WWE.

As someone who stopped watching in 2003, and only recently started to get a little more in to it, it's so weird that Cena became a phenomenon akin to The Rock, Hogan, Austin and the Undertaker
>>
The bullshit is still on the WWE Shop though (as "pre-order" however), was it pulled for just a short while?
>>
>>1333333
PBR is the Al Snow of beers, why it'd suddenly decide a reasonably tasteful and endearing parody is just too much is fucking weird for them to be so fucking uppity, i mean we're talking about being associated with john cena, he's not exactly jerry springer or anything
>>
Who else /drunkasfuck/ here
>>
The PBR logo has been rip-off so many times, it's crazy they just start suing wwe now.
Did Jack Daniels sue WWE for their Jerichohol shirt? Or John Deere with the Cena T-Shirt?
>>
I bet PBR was just trying to bring the Bantz but WWEWLAD didn't get it and panicked, pulling the shirt. Any legal action that PBR could pursue would die a quick death
>>
>use middle finger emoji

Real mature, I take you seriously now.
>>
>>1333655
Cry moar
>>
>>1333499
Pathetic
>>
>>1331942
> Brock
> Punk
> Jesse Ventura
>>
File: you.png (127 KB, 720x814) Image search: [Google]
you.png
127 KB, 720x814
>>1333694
>>
>>1331559
Did anyone buy this ugly shirt? They must be worth a buck now.
>>
>>1331987
Have you ever had Bud light or Coors? Terrible. Even Mexican beers are hit and miss because you don't know how long the store has had them. I'm in LA so we have a couple dozen options for local micro/craft brews. Maybe the liquor store in your trailer park can order some Stella Artois for you to try next time they re up on King Cobra.
>>
File: 1464470288897.jpg (305 KB, 930x1054) Image search: [Google]
1464470288897.jpg
305 KB, 930x1054
>>1333423
>>
>>1333797
CENA 2016

CENA VS DARREN YOUNG CONFIRMED
>>
>>1331625
Looks similar, but it's a different font.
>>
>>1333797
To be honest, that looks a lot better anyway.
>>
>>1331790
BMJ. pabst actually isn't worth as much money as you might think it is
>>
>>1332353
yessir

fair use prevents companies from unscrupulously using copyright infringement claims to snatch up intellectual territory. imagine if anything that resembled your logo was considered copyright infringement? if you picked the right logo, you could copyright the whole world
>>
File: cena.jpg (114 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
cena.jpg
114 KB, 986x553
>when you realized cena was a bad guy all along
>>
>>1333899
kek
>>
>>1333832
No one asked for your opinion ya autistic horsefucker
>>
>>1333797
>that whitepower fist
>>
>>1331559
>PBR thinks wrestling is real

TOPKEKE
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.