[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who are the most powerful wrestlers in canon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 7
File: Biker Taker.jpg (206 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Biker Taker.jpg
206 KB, 1024x768
So who are the most powerful wrestlers in canon?
>>
>>1329972
Roman Reigns
>>
>>1329972
Warrior
Brock
Prime Taker
Cena
>>
>>1329972
Goldberg
>>
Austin in 2001 when he turned face and gave the stunner to WCW/ECW has to be up there
>>
Roddy Piper never lost clean until WM8 in WWF then he beat Hogan twice clean in WCW
>>
Of ALL time? It's gotta be Warrior. He was the first person to ever beat Hogan clean.

Currently? Reigns.
>>
>>1329974
what would you consider prime Taker? he had random clean losses to geeks like Khali/Kozlov throughout his career and in the late 90s he jobbed to Stone Cold every other PPV. If you consider WM 25-29 his "prime" then yeah
>>
File: 1455523428839.jpg (81 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
1455523428839.jpg
81 KB, 660x330
Post streak Brock was god tier. His rematches with taker has ruined him though
>>
>>1329972

Taz in his prime has to be among the top
>>
>>1329972
based on what i've heard john cena has dominated and never lost convincingly the entire time i didn't watch, so from like '04-2015

kevin nash is probably the only guy to do better.

for strength i'd go with mark henry shortly after he won WSM

then probably the big show.
>>
Supernatural powers count.
>>
File: 1448915710741.jpg (45 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1448915710741.jpg
45 KB, 472x472
I'm pretty sure no one in the roster can defeat Ramen at this point
>>
>>1329994
put the rock over too.

The Undertaker is a combination of booking, size and skilled wrestling, very rarely during the attitude era was he really all that strong.

he was respected, but he on top of your list, put over the rock, hell he even lost to tag team guys, i remember at one point matt hardy kinda kicked his ass, he got brutal undertaker retribution but he still lost.

also i remember the 2 man power trip making the brothers of destruction look pretty bad
>>
>>1330020
>not having faith in BMJ to overcome the odds

18+
>>
>no one posting hogan
>or andre the giant
Fucking meme board
>>
>>1330066
andre and hogan have lost clean multiple times while people like Goldberg literally never lost clean
>>
>>1329973
this, he still hasn't been pinned clean for fuck's sake
>>
WWE would like you to ignore actual in-ring prowess and believe that it is:
>Andre
(Literal 8th Wonder of the World; never mind he barely lifted anything in his matches)
>Brock
>old Undertaker (invulnerable to pain; beat Hogan)
>Hogan
>Reigns (I really think they are deluded enough to believe they can make this happen)
>Warrior/Goldberg/Big Slow/ Kane (all those guys who have done power work for the WWE, but are not "WWE guys" through and through, and must therefore be shown as weaker.

those are the 'gods'. After that, you have the mortal workers who are shown to be superstrong - APA, Steiner, Zeus, Hercules, Warlord, Henry, etc etc.
>>
>>1330301
Goldberg and Warrior literally never lost clean, they don't belong in the same tier as Big Show and Kane
>>
>>1330308
true, but they never had full heels turns, either. Monster heels are always THE most powerful guys, so unless you are a monster heel at some point or, like Hogan, you are set up as the guy who repeatedly slays the monsters, you're never going to be the MOST powerful guy. Kane and Show got pushed higher for the fact they both had a monster heel run.
>>
>>1330301
>Kane
>Not a WWE guy
>>
>>1330301
>Kane
>not a WWE guy

yeah cause he was really loyal to Smoky Mountain
>>
>>1330003
>His rematches with taker has ruined him though
How?
>>
>>1330316
>monster heels are always THE most powerful guys

They exist solely to be conquered by a babyface
>>
>>1329978
Literally never pinned clean.
>>
>>1329972
Warrior
Prime Hogan
Brock
Prime Taker
Prime Austin
Cena
Prime Rock
HHH
Prime Savage
Prime HBK
>>
>>1329994
WM Taker is Prime Taker
>>
>>1330316
Warrior, Hogan, and Cena would like a word with heels being strongest.
>>
>>1329972
Taker with Mania buff
Brock
Pre-Warrior Hogan
Warrior
00s Austin
Babyface HHH
Reigns
Goldberg
>>
>>1330373
in the 00s he was a geek who cried in a feud vs angle then tapped out to him
>>
>>1330327
>>1330003

WWE meming Suplex City to fucking death like they did with Divas Revolution, Fandangoing and anything else that is remotely fun has soured Lesnar. His match with Deanetty was shit when it should have at least put Dean over as someone who can take and dish out a good beating regardless of whether he lost. The Rumble spot was shit too, after the Wyatt angle led absolutely nowhere though there may still be a chance there if WWE are serious about Wyatt, but if their record of handling him is anything to go by then fuck me.

What was once a dream hoss fight with Sheamus turned into le suplexes and leave. All his fucking matches are now. Not even a variation of suplexes, just germans and an occasional snap.

The Taker feud never even needed to happen, even if the matches were entertaining for being gimmicky shit. Why did they need to happen again? It's clear they don't give much of a fuck about ratings, and buyrates don't matter anymore, so why did Taker have to come back and get a win over Brock to make him look strong again? Only for Brock to beat him again even though it was meaningless compared to when he blew the fuck out of Taker at WM30. It really made the streak ending look like shit, and Takers worth is diminished now imo. His balding greasy dyed hair and gut makes me beg for his retirement.

tl;dr Streak ending has been rendered useless, Taker's late career mystique and appeal has faded, and Brock hasn't had a great match since WM31. There is now nobody on the roster who looks good enough to defeat Lesnar so it's probably gonna just go to Roman in a year or two.
>>
>>1329972
Brock at SS 2014 was the highest kayfabe powerlevel of all time.
>squashed a top guy-tier literally effortlessly
>>
>>1330403
Vader did this a few times in NJPW & WCW
>>
>>1330415
Fair point, but Cena-tier, decade-strong top guy?
That's near peak Hogan, and Bork mowed it laughing.
>>
>>1330467
Vader murdered Sting.

A lot.
>>
>>1330397
>and Brock hasn't had a great match since WM31

Fuck you the Hell in a Cell was one of the best HiaC in the last years.

Also

>Ragdolling a wrestler for 20 minutes is considered a good match

His only good (good=/=entertaining) matches from his return are

>vs Cena ER
>vs Punk
>vs Seth Rollins Cena
>vs Taker SS/HiaC

And that would be it for now.
>>
>>1330481
> any of Lesnar's return matches vs. Undertaker
> good

You also forgot vs. Cena @ NoC but that's OK. Everybody does.
>>
>>1330483
>any of Lesnar's return matches vs. Undertaker
MATCH

OF THE

YEAR

>>
>>1330489
lol, not even if you only watch WWE
>>
>>1330504
But its the official most voted WWE MOTY of 2015 :^)
>>
File: GraveConsequences.webm (2 MB, 400x228) Image search: [Google]
GraveConsequences.webm
2 MB, 400x228
>>1330509
Take off your Usos shirt marky-mark

It wasn't even the best match of 2015 featuring a dead guy
>>
>>1330513
Shit Muertez is the most overrated Lucha wrestler and thats a fact
>>
>>1330515
Shut up >marky.
>>
>>1329972
Cena
Hogan
Austin
Taker at Maina
Basically every single top guy.
>>
>>1329972
John Cena, The Rock, Stone Cold, and Hulk Hogan.
>>
>>1329972
hogan
goldberg
cena
brock before he left
kane when he first debuted
mae young (old woman that takes powerbombs and comes back for more)
ryback/bullyback
>>
>>1330526
>The Rock

by far lost the most out of any top guy ever
>>
>>1329972
roman reigns right now
warrior when he pinned hogan
hogan before being pinned by warrior
mr mcmahon
>>
>>1330528
Rock in his prime nigga.
>>
>>1330005
steiner brothers too

taz, scott steiner were the original suplex cities
>>
>>1330029
>not knowing cena will pass the torch to reigns who will *reign* for the next 10 years

he has already started doing that charity shit
>>
>>1330532
>The Rock in his prime

by far lost the most out of any top guy ever
>>
>>1330358
Didn't Booker T pins him cleanly in WCW? It's been a long time, so I'm not 100% sure. But I do recall Goldberg eating a pin to Book.
>>
>>1330539
no jeff jarrett came out and hit him with a guitar then I think ernest the cat miller beat him up or some shit
>>
>>1330532
even hurricane went over him
>>
>>1330526
>Rock

He actually lost a lot, even during his prime. Rock has like one of the lowest winning percentages of a top guy in wwe history. He had no problems putting guys over.
>>
Has anyone here tried Scott Steiner's Shoney?
>>
>>1329972
Bret Hart circa 97
Regularly beat Stone Cold, fucked Taker in the arse and battered the whole of America and it took the literal Montreal Screwjob for him to 'lose'

Could win at any moment from any scenario
>>
Debut Kane has to rank up there pretty high. All he did was come in, destroy wrestlers and then occasionally the Undertaker when he needed to.
>>
>>1330005
>outlaw wrestling
He said canon bruh
>>
What about Edge lads?
>>
>>1330566
What about him?
>>
>>1330566
>Lose title to Hardy Boyz.
>Start solo career by jobbing to Jericho and others
>Has to have the hulkster save him.
>>
>>1330569
How is his power level
>>
>>1330481
>I don't understand psychology
>>
>>1330570
So, is he stronk?
>>
>>1330573
very low when compared to other top guys he won most of his matches by cheating

He was a threat to people like Taker only by cheating
>>
>>1330597
What about Stardust?
>>
File: IVuZ4klf.jpg (41 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
IVuZ4klf.jpg
41 KB, 600x400
HOW CAN YOU BE THE STRONGEST WREETLER, WHEN YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ME, YOU ONLY HAVE 25%s CHANCE OF WINNING.

TOPPLE THAT N FACTS THAT IM THE MAN WITH THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD, AND THAT YOU KNOW..... THAT YOU CANT BEAT ME, AND YOU ONLY GOT CAN 8.25%s CHANCE AT BEST AT BEAT ME.

AND EVERYBODY KNOWS, WHETHER ITS SLAMMING SWITCHES ON BITCHES, EXPLOITING WRESTLING NICHES, OR BEATING DOWN SNITCHES, THAT NOBODY VAN DO IT LIKE THE DADDY

>lowers sunglasses

THATS THE BIG BAD, BOOTY DADDY.
>>
Anyone who doesn't say Roman is wrong
He hasn't been cleanly beaten since he was in developmental, and he also kicked out of 3 F-5s, which stopped Kurt Angle and the streak
>>
>>1330636
Cleanly beaten one on one*
>>
>>1330636
>Kurt Angle

Of all the people Brock ran through you picked Kurt?
>>
>>1330553
Bret Hart has rarely been booked strong, and when he was it was a hard fought victory that he barely made out in tact. Don't be a mark.
>>
Where would record breaking title reign CM Punk be held?
>>
>>1330647
brocks best fued
>>
>>1330651
considering he wasn't the focal point of the show most of the time not very high
>>
Not WWE Goldberg is the most powerful wrestler to ever exist
>>
More powerful, WM Taker before they ended the streak or WCW Goldberg?
>>
>>1330657
WWE Goldberg also never lost clean and beat Rock/HHH clean

>>1330660
Goldberg honestly he kicked out of fucking three legdrops
>>
>>1330321
>>1330322
Kane is a WWE guy, but he is no way ranked above those other dudes. So he is ranked on that tier because of his power levels. The other guys would be ranked higher, but they are always pitched lower because they aren't thoroughbred WWE guys.

>>1330341
That was said in the post you replied to
>>1330368
Beating someone does not make you more powerful than them. That is why they all have a heroic "never say die" attitude, and "get pumped up" and "call on their fans' help" to beat more powerful evil dudes.
>>
>>1329972
Broooooooooooooooooooooooooooock
Lessssssssssssssnnnnnnnnaaaaarrrrrrr
>>
>>1330729
Not possible, Goldberg pinned Lesnar clean. That would make Goldberg more powerful. Canonically it would really be WCW Goldberg. Not even Hogan could beat him clean, he did a jackhammer on Beeg once.
>>
>>1329972
Well if you consider the most powerful in a work then.
>Warrior
>Mil Mascaras
>WM Taker Pre-Broken Streak
>WCW Goldberg
>Bork
>Hogan
>Cena

As for most powerful wrestlers in shoot well...
>>
>>1330573
I loved his cheating gimmick, he carried it off great. That made him weak in canon though. How many matches did he win against top guys cleanly?
>>
>>1330649
Dont let his GOAT selling and psychology work you mark.
He could win from any predicament at any time against anyone, hence why Bret has the alltime highest powerlevel
>>
>>1330828
Yeah his power level was so high he couldn't find a way to beat Shawn for an hour then lost to him in 2 minutes
>>
File: alpha.png (210 KB, 350x283) Image search: [Google]
alpha.png
210 KB, 350x283
>>1330828
>Well Bret Hart was supposed to lose to Shawn Michaels at uh, uh, Wrestlemania..., uh, whatever the hell it was. You know, 16 or 17, I don't know; Where all the fans were chanting "Bret screwed Bret". Bret told Vince McMahon "I'm not losing to Shawn Michaels in Canada" and Shawn Michaels went out there and pulled a fast one on Bret Hart and held him down and pinned him and Bret couldn't do anything about it and so-called Excellence of Execution, who was supposed to be the greatest wrestler of all, little-teeny Shawn Michaels held him down and embarrassed him though. Bret Hart was being a horse's ass saying he wouldn't lose and Shawn Michaels pinned him anyway.

Hulkster tells it best brother Bret is a jobber
>>
>>1330029
Cena has taken clean pins from the like of Owens and ADR.

BIG DAGWD is already higuer in the odds overcoming than Cena.
>>
>>1330846
That never happened.
>>
>>1330729
Paul Heyman account spotted.
>>
Reigns' kayfabe power level is absolutely retardedly high, I don't think he's taken a clean singles pin the entire time he's been on TV.

Then again, I think Extreme Rules actually dented his armor a bit 'cause he probably would've lost clean if not for le club and le usos.
>>
Can't the undertaker like teleport?
>>
>>1330720
Hogan, Cena, and Warrior still want a word with you.
>>
>>1330651
Same place he ranks in the UFC.
>>
Kane was by far the strongest, pound-for-pound. Dude could man-handle Show, move like a lightweight, and go up top. Too bad wwe wasted him.
>>
Warrior
Bork
Goldberg

They never allowed Cena to bury Taker, and thank god for that.
And Vince got cold feet at feeding Bork to Regnis. Thank god for that as well.
>>
>>1330990
he hasn't had a clean singles pin any match he has had in the wwe, including house shows and dark matches
>>
>>1330651

Just below 2002 Angle. Imagine that triple threat match with Taker and Rock at Vengeance, Punk would fit perfectly in Kurt's position there.
>>
how hard would the crowd pop if goldberg's music started nowadays?
>>
>>1332003
Very
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>1329972
>>
>>1331221
About what? Like it (twice...) there are baby face heroes who can put more powerful guys down, because they 'have heart'. Old school face/monster showdowns work because the monster has more power, but the face has courage.
>>
>>1330467

Vader's debut was murdering Antonio Inoki in a squash match. It legit nearly started a riot.

There is no WWE equivalent to that. Imagine if Hogan had been not just the top guy of WWF in the 80s but also its booker and the company founder who never sold shit and was also thought to be a legit top-level tough guy... and then someone debuted by taking the title off him in a squash. That was the Vader debut.

If it had failed, it could've damn well crippled the company.
>>
>>1330301
Kids love reigns.

Sure they'll never convince the 40 year old virgins but the kids love reigns and the pony fags, and they mostly hate the wanna be spooky trio.
>>
Kevin owens
>>
>>1332274

Being popular =/= powerful.

Reigns doesn't have the physique to be as powerful as WWE is booking him. He needs to seriously square out a bit, which he cannot do without steroids.
>>
Sasha Banks. Never lost a singes match and won't for a long time to come.
>>
>>1332274
Kids will like anybody who is booked as the invincible superhero who never loses.
>>
>>1330891
Cena gets the win back X10 over. When he beats people they get knocked down a couple tiers; Rusev even got cucked
>>
>>1330623
AND I KNOW THAT YOU KNOW THAT YOU FAAAT ASSS CAN'T STAND IN THE WRING WITH ME BIG POPPA PUMP AND ILL SHOW NO SIMPY FOR YOUR FAAAT ASS WHEN YOU COME DOW TO THIS RING AND GET IN A FIGH WITH THE BIG BAD BOODY DADDY AND THATS A FACT

FACT O THE MATTER IS BIG POPPA PUMP IS THE BES IN THIS WHO DAM BUSNINSS YOU GODAM REDNE

NEXT TIME YOU WANNA TAKE ON THE BIG BAD BOOTY DADDY YOU GOTTA TAKE YOUR FAAT ASS TO THE GY
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.