[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw you've been in three of the top 10 worst WM main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 2
File: game3.jpg (70 KB, 477x434) Image search: [Google]
game3.jpg
70 KB, 477x434
>yfw you've been in three of the top 10 worst WM main events ever
>>
>TFW the ploy worked and you finally got your standing face ovation complete with tragic loss in the WM main event
>>
YOU SEE UUUHHH
I AM THE KING OF KINGS UUUH
>>
>tfw you have the largest losing streak in Wrestlemania history
>tfw you were always the second of third guy
>tfw you child (NXT) is about to get buried by Vince
>>
>>1329779
>when you try to play the game, but you bow down to the king
>>
>yfw you receive a FRUIT BASKET
>>
arguably 4 of the worst tbhfam
>>
I won't be referring to his non wrestling work( nxt, fucking step and sucking chynas clit-dick). But does anyone here genuinely think he's a draw? I never understood the appeal of him.
He was never a natural "The Guy". Similar to what roman reigns is now. Forced.
>>
>>1329800
Sethetty: HBK who is a huge pussy
Marty JaDean: Stone Cold who looks like a jobber retard
Triple Roman: HHH who is the top guy instead of the above two

IT FITS. HHH PSYCHOLOGY CONFIRMED.
>>
>>1329800
He was definitely never the #1 guy but he was definitely a draw during the attitude era and on Raw during the brand split
>>
Debatablely 5 of the worst

>Orton v HHH
>Roman v HHH
>HHH v Rock V Foley v Big Show
>HHH v BMJ
>HHH v Batista

His only good main event was Benoit v Michaels v HHH. I could see someone liking HHH v Batista just because of the buildup though
>>
>>1329817
No fucking way his matches vs Cena/Batista are worse than WM18. In no planet did that match deserve to go on last, then he did it again at WM25.

I'd put 25/18/33 as the worst. 2000 was too long and boring but at least the crowd was hot
>>
>>1329816
if by draw you mean be so boring that Smackdown got higher ratings than RAW then yes he was a draw during the brand split
>>
>>1329830
Smackdown was just overall better than Raw, what's your point?
>>
>>1329843
yeah and it had to do with triple h putting on terrible ppv matches every month and cutting boring promos every raw. Some draw he was
>>
HHH vs Orton is probably my least favorite match of all time.

Stopped watching after Benoit, but I would still check out Mania. After I saw Taker/Shawn I thought "holy shit what have I been missing?", then I saw that main event and found out. Didn't watch again until Rock came back
>>
Haitch/Orton honestly wasn't that bad, only the finish was anticlimactic as fuck. Vs BMJ, Reigns, and Jericho was much worse.
>>
I feel bad for Terra Ryzing.

He just wanted to protect the sanctity of the world title, and didn't want some flippy midget who was over with the ADHD crowd to have it.

He wanted to make it great again.
>>
How was Cena vs haitch even bad. It was good and haitches only good main event.
>>
>>1329874
it wasn't idk what they're talking about but
>WM20
>>
>>1329878
Men not a singles match
>>
>>1329825

>33

Tell us about our miserable future, time traveller
>>
>>1329891
whoops kek

(although I wouldn't be surprised to see him main event 33 either)
>>
>>1329825
>33
I hope Haitch buries Roman
>>
>>1329800
He needed either a stable when he was boosted by people more over than him or he needed the title for people to buy him as a top guy. He has never been over on his own. Roman at least has meta heel heat, Haitch had nothing.
>>
>>1329906
Funny way to say xpac heat.
>>
>>1329771
>tfw you have the largest losing streak in Wrestlemania history

>Triple H buries talentzzzzz

fucking retards

>HHH v Batista
>HHH v Rock V Foley v Big Show
>bad

you are a retard

>Orton v HHH
>Roman v HHH
>HHH v BMJ

Thanks to Kevin Dunn and Vince's idea ''we have to push WWE next top model'

>>1329825
>WM 18 bad
Even Meltzer rated it highly and he's picky as a cunt.
The only problem with it is that it got overshadowed by Hogan vs Rock

>>1329830
eh, on Raw Trips had to deal with the ''main eventers'' of a failed promotion, aka a bunch of non draws

on SD they had Angle vs Lesnar which is a top notch rivalry
>>
>>1329949
>Thanks to Kevin Dunn and Vince's idea ''we have to push WWE next top model'

Pretty sure those matches sucked because HHH wanted to do his "epic" match with a glacial pace
>>
>>1329949
Yes the WM18 match was terrible, I don't care how much of a HHH mark you are. In HHH's own documentary (Thy Kingdom Come) he talks about how big of a mistake it was to go on last. One of the most forgettable WM main events of all time both then and now.
>>
>>1329817

Orton vs Hunter isn't nearly that bad you fucking marks

Name one other feud on Raw that mattered during that time. You can't and you wanna know why is because the majority of the feuds people gave a shit about were only on Smackdown

Raw isn't a show for complex storylines
>>
>>1329991
>feud
>match

pick one.
>>
>>1329992

Bruh...that feud took up half the year it went so long that they needed Batista to finish it up while Hunter was going thru his DX phase to take care of the Legacy geeks once and for all
>>
>>1329996
So you're saying that they were both bad?
>>
>>1329997

I'm saying compared to every other feud on Raw that one was the least bad

I don't understand Bryan Alvarez's hatred for Triple H's promo against Legacy where even after losing to both of them IN A FUCKING HANDICAP MATCH he just...brushes off

Its like Bryan doesn't understand that this is TRIPLE FUCKING H we're talking about here not some fucking winless geek. He gets to plow Stephanie every single night so it literally doesn't matter if he loses 1 match or 1000 matches
>>
>>1329999
What does that have to do with the WM25 match being terrible?
>>
>>1330001

I get that Undertaker vs Michaels was great but you need to understand that the WWE Championship needs to be the thing that main events shows. if you're the WWE Champion and you're not main eventing EVERYTHING that you're in you're a terrible champion
>>
>>1330009
Explain why it didn't main event the PPVs before and after 25?

HHH, just like 18, knew he fucked up and shouldn't have went on last. He could have switched with Taker/Michaels and it still would have been a boring match and a terrible blowoff to a hot feud. At least WM18 was a decently worked match
>>
>>1330014
*Mania's before and after 25
>>
>>1330014

That is not how you're suppose to fucking treat your world fucking champion

if you're world champion isn't going on last he shouldn't even be your world champion
>>
>>1329771
bret explains triple h in a nutshell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSNJX1aBDSw
>>
>>1330022
Triple H has literally gone on video talking about how him going on last at WM18 was a mistake and there was "no way" to follow that, it's the same shit for 25.

muh belt doesn't mean anything if the crowd doesn't give two shits about your match
>>
>>1330030

>Triple H has literally gone on video talking about how him going on last at WM18 was a mistake and there was "no way" to follow that, it's the same shit for 25.

You're the dumbest mark on this whole fucking board

Hunter will literally say ANYTHING and I mean fucking ANYTHING to look like the good guy in front of the Smarks

Hence why he's brainwashed all those Full Sail marks into liking him. Its the same shit Stephanie wants she wants people to see her as a good person but doesn't wanna put any effort into it

You give Triple H way too much credit if you think he's capable of any real pity
>>
>>1330032
Yeah I'm sure HHH would pander to those Hulk Hogan loving smarks

You might be the only person on the planet who thinks that he should have went on last at 18 or 25, Jericho has said the same shit. Watch Breaking The Code, Thy Kingdom Come, or the last Rock DVD they made. They use the same clips of those two saying that they shouldn't have went on last. And if you somehow don't want to believe them, believe the crowds who were falling asleep during both of those matches
>>
>>1330032
>Hence why he's brainwashed all those Full Sail marks into liking him.

Yeah, he "brainwashed" them by putting on a quality product they want to see that rewards their investment rather than punishing it, that dastardly mastermind!
>>
>>1330038

>Jericho

Literally the biggest shill ever. He buries WWE crowds all the time saying how they have no right to boo who Vince designates as his "top guy"

Also anyone who defends Stephanie's business decisions is a man you shouldn't trust
>>
>>1330045

>NXT
>Quality

You have not watched a single NXT weekly television taping all year

This is how I know you're full of shit. NXT has now hit the TNA effect of having great PPV's but terrible tapings building up to said PPV's
>>
>>1330057
Jericho was really shilling when he said he didn't deserve to go on last.

kek, the two people who worked the match and the crowd who watched it didn't think they deserved to go on last but you do? Okay
>>
>>1330060
Shut up >marky.
>>
>>1329987
And you missed completely his point.

The thing is, Hogan vs Rock was so hyped that the crowd was spent for the rest of the show after that match. There's literally nothing Jericho or HHH could have done. Their match itself was good. Hogan vs Rock remains to this the day most hyped match of all times. It should have been the last match of the event, that's about it.

>>1329968
Nah. When Trips wants to deliver, he does so. He has proved it dozens of times.
Roman and Orton simply aren't good enough performers and need to be carried. Cena can deliver but has always been limited by the superman booking.

>>1330032
Oh save it. Noone here denies that Trips mastered better than anyone the backstage scheming. HBK himself was a gigantic bitch, much worse than HHH; however in the attitude era if you didn't protect your character, then noone would. Stone Cold said it multiple times in his podcasts, Rock said it, everyone knows it. It's a swim or sink business.

There's a number of wrestlers that have been undeservedly buried by Trips, noone denies it. RVD was hot in 2000 and 2001, getting massive pops despite being heel. Kane deserved more as well. Booker arguably too.
The rest? No fucking way.

The only high profile wrestler that has jobbed more than HHH is HBK, who jobbed to pretty much everyone from 2002 until he retired.

At the end of the day. Steph was likely to marry someone in the wrestling business and whoever that person was going to be he'd have obtained immense backstage influence.

The alternatives?
Test was never over. Nor had mic skills and popped so many pills that died young.

HHH was never the top performer, or the top draw or the top on the mic, however he's excellent in all those aspects and he's right behin the absolute best. Most of the wrestlers that whine about him aren't either as good perfomers, or as good on the mic or better draws. They are just jealous.
>>
>>1330079
hi jmarlow
>>
>>1330085
who?
>>
>>1330079
Can you remember anything about that match besides HHH winning? I can't, literally nobody talks about that match unless it's to talk about how it shouldn't have gone on last.

Yeah it was a decently worked match but it went on last so therefore it's one of the most forgettable WM main events of all time. WM main events that were less well worked/terribly worked (most of Hogan's run) had a hot crowd from start to finish. I'm not throwing HHH a bone because he got fucked by Hogan/Rock, it was his decision to go on last because "the belt has to close the show uhhh"
>>
>yfw you realize Triple H isn't in the Top 100 wrestlers ever

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/15429-a-thread-in-which-dylan-compares-various-wrestlers-to-hhh/#entry5496169
>>
>>1330089
>>1330089
I don't remember anything about the Hogan Rock match either, other than the crowd being super into it and more on Hogan's side.

Fuck,there are 2 high points of the ppv I remember:
-Arn Anderson doing the spinebuster on Taker to help Ric Flair
-Scott Hall selling the Stunner like noone before
>>1330097
literally a nobody that doesn't like HHH
>>
>>1330103
If you don't remember Hogan hulking up and 68k people going apeshit you're either lying or watched the match on drugs

One of the greatest WM moments ever
>>
>>1330097
I mean, if he really thinks that Hogan's inring work is better than Trips he's retarded.

Hogan's in-ring work is subpar. Actually most of the 80s guys work is sub-par, save few exceptions that truly stand out.

He just overrates them because that's what he grew up watching.
>>
>>1330113
Everybody overrates guys from the 80's out of fear of being called a causal
>>
>>1330113
If you 80s wrestling is sub-par you clearly haven't watched any. I started watching wresting in 2004 and 80s wrestling is mind blowing.
>>
>>1330109
The crowd was apeshit throughout the entire match.

And that's the reason it is remembered as ''the greatest match of all times''.
It wasn't the performance of any of them, which was ok, it was the crowd that made it.

Same reason why the People's Elbow is a rubbish move but the fucking hype it generated was able to cover the booes Rock was getting.
>>
>>1330123

Some of it is.

Some of it is terrible.
>>
>>1330123
Depends on who you watch.
Ricky Steamboat? Randy Savage? Those were top notch and innovators.

Ultimate Warrior? Yeah his work to hype the crowd is amazing, his moves delivering is shit tier and Hogan isn't even that much better.
>>
>>1330125
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bViMm0yW_cY#t=3m25

still gives me goosebumps. Maybe not as workers they didn't have good performances but for facial expressions/selling they played their parts perfectly. Just look at the little thing when Rock goes for the "peoples punch" on Hogan when he hulks up and it having no effect. They told a great story and all the people who say "it was a 1 star match on mute" are wrong imo
>>
>>1330133
Rock is a fucking amazing worker.
>>
>>1330133
facial expressions is at least 30% of Rock's success

Hogan has always been pretty good at that as well.

And nah, 1 star on mute? Ok muting it kills a lot, but the hype of the match is still there.
>>
>>1330132
80s wrestling isn't just the WWF dude
>>
let's be clear, one of the things today's guys are truly lacking is how to hype the crowd and that was something that the 80s guys did really well
>>
>>1330144
>>1330146
Yeah it always triggers me when you have fags like Cena on DVDs saying that "If you watch the match on mute, the magic is gone" when you see two workers who had the crowd in the palm of the hands from start to finish. Other workers would have crumbled if they got the reception Rock got but he embraced it and was so good he got them to cheer for him at the end when he kipped up after the 3rd rock bottom
>>
>>1330155
>>1330159
^^^

most of today's wrestlers are much better at delivering, even selling moves, however their crowd interaction during matches is zero

and yea I certainly watched more WWF than NWA
>>
>>1330161
Yeah you got guys like Apollo Crews who's an athletic freak but couldnt get the crowd to react if someone shot him in the ring while people like Flair could work a match and crowd just off facial expressions
>>
>>1330161

This is intentional, at least as far as the WWE is concerned. TV audience > building audience.
>>
>>1330160
Yeah charisma isn't something that disappears. Either you have it and it's still there when you are drowned in boos, or you don't and end up whining because the crowd boos you like Roman does.

Rock and Hogan are up there because they have enough charisma that they can command the crowd reaction at will.
Speaking of HHH since this is his thread, while he's not at their level, he's certainly in the upper echelons. He gets booed when he wants to, he gets cheered if he wants to, he can make you laugh. He lacked the facial expression work of Hogan and Rock.
>>
>>1330163
Yep. There's a Flair vs HHH for the world title on Raw around, probably from 2002. It was absolute quality. At 55+ years with a sloppy body and his sneaky moves Flair makes the crowd believe he might actually beat Trips at his age and win the title. That is typically 80s work. But as I said, it depends a lot on the guy.

>>1330164
eh the whole seeking TV deals for PG ratings really killed it
Again, more to blame on Kevin Dunn than others.
>>
>>1330167
HHH can work a crowd amazingly and has good facial expressions (both Cactus Jack returns) but he's definitely a step below the greats. I mean Hogan had the TNA crowd going crazy when he hulked up in fucking 2011
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Your wife
She's sittin' home
>>
>>1330167

HHH usually manages it.

Wrestlemania this year was a trip too far. Wrong crowd, wrong opponent, wrong context to get over as the heel. But then I don't know who could've pulled that off.
>>
>>1330177
he had a dead crowd at 18 and 25 too

He's a great worker but he's definitely had some duds when it came to the crowd caring about his match
>>
>>1330173
It was in the Carolinas so that's something but still Flair is great
>>
>>1330179

He's had dead crowds before (sometimes his fault, sometimes not) but that's the only time I remember seeing a crowd entirely disregard his work and hijack the match.

Which should've been expected. There was no way in hell a crowd that smarky was going to boo the bringer of NXT against Roman.
>>
>>1330177
I'm fairly sure HHH didn't even bother too much with Roman. It's widely known that if Trips likes you, he'll make you look good.
See Ambrose vs HHH at Roadblock.

Roman simply doesn't cut it. Especially when it comes to facial expressions, he always looks the same. Happy, angry, horny. Zero.

I posted it in the ''brand split'' thread as well, why do you think that is now happening?
Trips is fed up with this crap. He's running NXT well, then the guys get buried on the main roster for Roman.

Roman is the Kevin Dunn's idea of show. Good looks. That's what Raw is going to be, WWE next top model.

HHH will get Smackdown and run it as NXT. If he can teach the guys some 80s old school crowd working, he's going to squash Raw.
>>
>>1330125
Maybe it's cause I'm older but I don't think Cena/Rock 1 can hold a candle to this match in terms of hype. Yeah people would have rather seen Hogan/Austin instead but I don't remember crowds being that hot since every week for a feud.

>HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT HEADLINING ONE MORE WRESTLEMANIA WITH THE ROCK?!

Fucking epic. Then Hogan hit him with hammers and ran him over and was still getting cheered kek
>>
In a thread about Triple H he's getting overshadowed.

How appropriate.
>>
>>1330179

Sometimes the angle is just too goddamn stupid, farfetched, or boring. Most people stopped caring about that garbage Orton feud the minute Orton started going on about Intermittent Explosive Disorder or whatever the fuck it was.

No one, EVER, wants to see lawyers involved in pro wrestling. It's horrible. Always. David Otunga proved they can't even wrestle worth a shit.

Frankly, Shane beating up The Legacy (TWO athletic young wrestlers against the 40 year old skinnyfat kid) with his phantom punches put the nail in that godawful angle's coffin long before Triple H showed up to further bury the Legacy.
>>
>>1330202

In fairness, the Clarence Mason stuff was pretty ok. But that's a one-off.
>>
>>1330196
Cena Rock wasn't as good because the PG era simply wasn't as good.

Hogan is the biggest star of the Golden Age of the 80s.
Rock is the (second) biggest star of the Golden Age of the 90s.

Cena is the biggest star of the PG era, but the PG era did not have a Golden Age.

It's not even Cena's fault. He has shown he can get the crowd at command as well. People chant him ''boring'', he says ''how about a heel turn?'' and twists his ankle, getting a small pop.
People chant ''fuck you Cena'', he raises the mic and taunts them.
People throw him his free tshirt back at ONS2 against RVD? He taunts them the entire match every time he delivers a power move. That's, once again, charisma. You have it or you don't.

The fact that WWE lacked competition in the PG era (no NWA or WCW, TNA was never even close) resulted in years of overbooked crap, the crowd rejection of the product and mass protests in the form of Daniel Bryan's unique success. You can even argue that DB was the real face of the PG era. Never wanted by Vince, chosen by the fans.
>>
>>1330208
>somebody beat me to namedropping Clarence Mason

my dude
>>
Rock vs Hogan is a shit match
>>
>>1330238
kek
>>
>>1330238
Gotta agree the No Way Out 2003 match was pathetic
>>
>>1330176
whats she doin
>>
>>1330241
>muh crowd
>muh spectacle
>muh moment
From a pure wrestling standpoint, its 5/10 at best
>>
>>1330251
kek Rock & Hogan had 68k people going crazy throughout, if I was an up and coming wrestler trying to learn how to work the crowd that's the first match I'd watch. Literally nobody thinks it was a good "pure wrestling" match.
>>
>>1330253
They didn't really work the crowd, or at least not do anything particular that night, everyone was just hyped to see Hulk again, they really worked themselves. Hulk worked them by being a legend a decade before.
>>
The mark of a great wrestler is who he put over that made a difference in the business.

Who has HHH actually put over that mattered?
>>
>>1330263
>They didn't really work the crowd

exposed for not actually watching the match.

Watch the end where Rock does the third rock bottom then kips up and gets cheered for the first time all night.
>>
>>1330264
he put over austin unintentionally in 96
>>
>>1330267
>Rock does something he does shit loads of times in other matches, therefore he was working the crowd
>>
>>1330284
You can see people who were booing him literally two seconds before jump out of their seat and cheer for him. The whole front rows who were jumping up and down when Hogan hit the legdrop were now jumping up and down for Rock
>>
>>1330288
What's your point? The Rock did something that the crowed liked?
>>
>>1329816
HHH was the bland, dull member of DX and arguably the lowest draw of the lot of them - yeah, even below Xpac, back when he could talk and put on good shows against guys like d'lo brown.
>>
>>1330299
If you don't think getting the crowd to cheer for you after being in a crowd that was against you 5-95 is "working" them then I don't know what to tell you
>>
>>1330307
All he did was kip up. Its something he does all the time, and something he would have done regardless of the crowd. He didn't have to do any sort of adaption to the current situation, just run through the books.
>>
>>1330311
If you get people who were booing you two seconds before to cheer you, you're working them. This isn't even mentioning him getting a pop when he won in at the start was one of the most one sided crowds in history.

Yeah he didn't work them at all, Toronto is just known marks for kip ups
>>
>>1330200
kek
>>
>>1330200
Kek
>>
>Cena vs Haitch
>Bad

Literally his only good main event
>>
>>1330200
Triple H is just that guy who's been there. He's a good worker and decent talker, he's just always been around guys who are better.
>>
All of them are terrible

Name ONE good Triple H Main Event
>>
>>1330326
booing the face and cheering the heel makes it bad
>>
>>1330336
WM20 and don't give me "Shawn & Benoit carried". His sell in the crossface was fucking amazing, felt like he was in it for 10 minutes watching it live. Couldn't believe when he tapped
>>
>>1330340
>Works with 2 top 10-15 workers all-time

H-He didn't get carried guise!!11

But that was a good main event, I'll give you that
>>
>>1330340
>Getting worked in 2004
>>
Probably the only good thing Jim Cornette ever said was "Triple H works with the guy who makes the money"
>>
>>1329800
I like him. He wrestles like a barbarian. It's fun to watch
>>
>>1330243
Don't know
>>
>>1330340
That's because he was in it for 5 minuteminutes
>>
>>1329800
I was at his MSG return in 2002. The crowd was so loud I cried. It felt like Myers were bleeding. Every sign there was for Triple H. And 2.21.11, he got a way bigger pop than taker. I don't know the stats about him drawing, but I know for a fact he gets the biggest pops.
>>
>>1331800
*my ears
Not Myers
>>
>>1330025
LITERALLY everyone who's ever shot on the hitman fucking hated him
The dude's the biggest fucking mark in history, and to this day, 20 years later, he still talks shit on Shawn, Vince, Hogan, Trips, Flair, etc. He's just a narcissistic, bitter cripple who thinks his shit doesn't stink.
>>
>>1329800
He's in the leagues of Undertaker, Bret Hart or similar.
Upper tier guy,
Not a defining era draw but right below, so still a draw with a legitimate large fanbase and overall respected.
>>
>>1331845
He defined an era, not for his in-ring work, but for his being over with the crowd. DX, Triple H's DX, The Game, Evolution, new DX, etc. The guy leaves an impression.
Big Show said it best. Stone Cold, The Rock, The Undertaker, and Triple H were THE guys.
>>
>>1331845

Triple H is more like the defacto top guy in the tier with people like Jericho, Kurt, CM Punk, Edge, and so on. He made sure of it by burying a number of them.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.