[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>All three are heralded as the future >Faction splits and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
>All three are heralded as the future
>Faction splits and they all get a singles push
>None of them can draw flies to shit

Were they a waste? Or has their collective booking really been that bad?
>>
Cena was the last draw wrestling ever had
>>
>>1327290
This... unfortunately.
>>
>Push Seth
>Beat him constantly
>Surprised he isn't a draw
>Beat Dean constantly
>Isn't a draw
>Surprised he isn't a draw
>Push Roman
>People resent him
>Doesn't draw

WWE shot themselves in the foot
>>
>>1327290
Gotta agree and we only now realize
>>
>>1327290

That's why ratings utterly died for the decade he was the top guy. Sure.
>>
>>1327344
Oh yeah it was Cena's fault and not HHH

You should be giving Cena credit that he managed to not keep the ratings going even lower after the shitshow reign HHH had on top of RAW
>>
>>1327347
This so much

>>1327344
The steady decline runs parrelel to triple h's rise in power
Dont think thats grammatically correct but you know what i mean
>>
Why do you care if they draw or don't? You guys are more cringeworthy than smarks.
>>
>>1327290
As someone who got into wrestling during the Ruthless Aggression era 2002-2008 I kinda agree. I remember heel Cena and watching him slowly turn face was really interesting. He became the modern day Hulk Hogan yet our post-Austin world rejects the bland "hero" character. Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero were the two men that got me hooked in the first place. Having said this, Cena had the hard job of playing a "hero" after the Benoit and Guerrero deaths. Something wrestling never fully recovered from.

>>1327287
Oh look it's Brian Pillman, The Boulder and Skunk Hair! Joking aside Dean actually has a character so I'll give him points but besides that... No real personality. I liked Ziggler and Bryan... Sometimes The Rock and Brock come back yay... Sting was a botch.
>>
>>1330041
Cena wasn't a heel in 2002-2004
>>
Who has been a draw in the last FIFTEEN YEARS of awful booking?

Cena has the biggest slice of a much smaller pie and even his drawing power is questionable.

>>1327290
WWE? Maybe?

Pro Wrestling? Nah.
>>
>>1330050
Cena turned heel in late 2002 and didn't turn face until Survivor Series in 2003
>>
>MitB 2015
>Dean and Seth main event
>57,000 Buys
>MitB 2014
>Cena wins the main event ladder match
>122,000 Buys

How will it do this year?
>>
>>1330065
With their Network available in even more countries now? Poorer.
>>
>>1327334
This
>>
>>1327290
Dbry got me pretty pumped, and i otherwise hadn't watched in almost 14 years.

truth be told part of the reason i didn't come back was hearing about john cena dominating.
then edge.
>>
>>1330056
Mistico was a huge international draw and then he went to WWE and flopped

It's hard to call someone a draw if they didn't do it in WWE with obvious exceptions like Inoki
>>
Ambrose is average at best in the ring and his shtick is repetitive. Rollins is a midget. Reigns is in the main event and gets some of the loudest reactions of the night. Even if they're all booing, they paid for those seats.
>>
>>1330099
>the delusional state of Romarks
>>
>>1327290
I know I dont speak for everyone but this cunt made me stop watching
After the euphoria of Rock and Austin, he just seemed like a roided Eminem
I dont really like Eminem
>>
>>1330115
There's definitely alot of people he made stop watching but there's alot more who he brought in.

In 10-15 years when all the marks are grown up he's going to get Hogan nostalgia reactions whenever he shows up
>>
>>1330120
No need to wait. People are already glorifying him and saying he was underrated, that he was Reigns done "right" and that he's still one of the best guys on the roster, that people only boo him out of tradition rather than any actual hate for him at this point (because he's too good to be hated, you see.)

This is a thing many self-avowed smarks already believe.
>>
>>1330120
>There's definitely alot of people he made stop watching but there's alot more who he brought in.

It would explain why ratings, PPV buys and ticket sales have been in constant decline over the past dozen years.
>>
>>1330134
see
>>1327347

Wrestling went into decline almost as soon as Stone Cold shook Vinces hand, blaming it on Cena is a joke
>>
>>1330136
But if he brought more people in, the decline wouldn't have continued year after year.

Do you not understand basic math?
>>
>>1330142
He kept the ratings stagnant after the failed Invasion and HHH's reign of terror.

http://www.twnpnews.com/information/wweraw2003.shtml
http://www.twnpnews.com/information/wweraw2007.shtml

In fact he was getting better numbers than HHH did
>>
>>1330147
>stagnant
>a draw

I don't think you understand those words bud
>>
>>1330147
whoops meant to post 2006 not 2007

http://www.twnpnews.com/information/wweraw2006.shtml
>>
>>1330148
He was getting better numbers than HHH did and kept them from declining when they declined every year since 2001.

If you keep the ratings from declining after the "top guys" before you couldn't, you're a draw.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.