[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mauy thai or boxing. Which should I start? I am fat and not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1463197105593.gif (97 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1463197105593.gif
97 KB, 150x150
mauy thai or boxing. Which should I start?

I am fat and not in shape. I cant do one pushup.
>>
>>1326298
cardio and strength training
>>
>>1326298
>I cant do one pushup.
wew
>>
>>1326298 (OP)
>I am fat and not in shape. I cant do one pushup.
You're wasting your money if you're going to start a martial art in that kind of condition.

>>1326302
>>1326303
This.

Do light exercise every day, or light full body every other day.
Do this for a month.
And then it'd be a good idea to start a martial art, even if you'll still have trouble keeping up and making the most out of your training.
But at least you're practicing a martial art and not running on a tredmill or doing bodyweight exercise because that's boring.
Depending on the gym, you'll probably have to run and do bodyweight exercises anyway, but just remember to keep it within your limits, and you did a month of training to prepare anyway.

Just starting off, keep it light, really light.
The last thing you want is delayed onset muscle soreness.
DOMS really sets you back because you need to spend all that extra time recovering, it's not worth it when you could get the same gains or even more just by keeping it light but exercising more frequently.

Can't do a pushup? Do knee pushups.
Can't do enough knee push-ups? do pushups with your feet on the ground, and your arms on an elevated surface like a table or something.

ALWAYS warm up with light movement, followed by light dynamics stretching.
After exercising, always do static stretching.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 212x237) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 212x237
>>1326298
Professional wrestling.
>>
>>1326298
Because Boxing is more specialized, and Muay Thai is more diversified, it's best to start with Muay Thai.

More diversified arts make a good base, while more specialized arts make good supplemental arts.

Muay Thai first, Boxing as a supplemental art.
The other way around, and you develop bad habits for Muay Thai because of the Boxing.
>>
>>1326362

what about grappling?
>>
>>1326409
What about grappling?
If you later want to do MMA or a grappling art, Muay Thai's grappling will make you familiar with grappling, rather than being a complete fish out of water like if you we to start with other arts like Boxing, American Kickboxing, et cetera.
>>
>>1326451

asking which grappling art is the most versatile?
i ve been doing muay thai for almost a year and i want to pick up a grappling art.Not feeling wrestling so what do you think about BJJ,judo and sambo?got access to good coaching all 4.
>>
File: $_12.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
$_12.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>1326470
>Not feeling wrestling
Is it the unitards?
>>
>>1326298
Muay Thai. Boxing is only 1/5 of a martial art

>hands
>legs
>clinch/stand up grappling
>knees/elbows/dirty boxing

The only thing Muay Thai lacks is ground game.
>>
>>1326956
>The only thing Muay Thai lacks is ground game.
They focus too much on front kicks and roundhouse kicks, they neglect other kicks, especially Traditional Muay Thai.
Even though they're well rounded in how they add knees and elbows to Kickboxing, their kicking and ranged fighting is sub-par.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGC6pDRxm4I
>>
>>1326298
Trip on, Carter
>>
>>1326298
>>1326352

Honestly, if he's fat and that out of shape then there are probably going to be mobility issues that affect his ability to even do strength and cardio work safely. I'm going to really go out on a limb here and suggest he start with beginners yoga classes, light stretching every morning, and weekly visits to a registered massage therapist.
>>
>>1326298
>>1326302
>>1326352

Diet too. Dude needs to eat smaller portions and reasonable ratios of starches, proteins, and veg/fruit.
Cut out processed food, start cooking, avoid sugary or fatty junk food.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.