[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://bigstory.ap.org/56fd1eb1554f 4f6bac31c9655751420e &g
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: 95295952959.png (912 KB, 1838x1422) Image search: [Google]
95295952959.png
912 KB, 1838x1422
http://bigstory.ap.org/56fd1eb1554f4f6bac31c9655751420e

>A Florida judge on Wednesday denied Gawker's motion for a new trial in the Hulk Hogan sex-video case and won't reduce a $140 million jury verdict.
>>
lol based hogan
>>
WHEN IT COMES CRASHING DOWN AND IT HURTS INSIDE
>>
>>1326233

GAWKER MEDIA,. BROTHER! WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN AN APPEALS COURT JUDGE RUNS WILD ON YOU!
>>
ATOMIC LEG DROP TO GAWKER, WHAT A MANEUVER
>>
Hogan's legal bills are being paid by the co-founder of PayPal in a vendetta against Gawker because they outed him 10 years ago.

Karma is a funny thing
>>
>>1326670
Gee, almost like pissing off everybody in the world for short term gain (i.e. clicks) is a shitty plan that backfires in your face eventually.
>>
>>1326233
Unless something close of a legalese 'Deus Ex Machina' happens, Hogan is getting that fucking money.
>>
he'll be back by WM33 brother
>>
>Gawker has to pay 50m in bond to appeal
>Trying to reduce the damages to reduce the bond cause they don't fucking have that much
>Fail to do so
They are so fucking cooked. Hogan's getting his money.
>>
>>1326233
armchair lawyers saying the Hulkster wouldn't see that money BTFO!
>>
Smackdown confirmed hogans new wrestling show
>>
>inb4 Hogan buys 100 million worth of WWE shares

I would do that if that were me. Hogan would become the biggest single entity share owner after Vince.
>>
>>1326740
>Hogan inserts himself in the main event storyline and actually buries Roman

NO ONE KICKS OUT OF THAT BROTHER
>>
>>1326684
He might get 10% of what he's been awarded

Still a nice payday though and Gawker would shut down

Going to be interesting to see how much his ex-wife gets out of this too
>>
>>1326756
I don't think she gets alimony. She did already have 50% of his shit and you can't go around and ask for more after the divorce. Notch, the minecraft guy, got robbed 50% of his shit after his wife divorced her after 366 days of marriage (not even kidding, it was literally a year +1 day). He then sold Minecraft and Mojang to Microsoft for 2.5 Billions cash and she's never getting a penny out of that.
>>
>>1326770
Which jurisdiction is Notch in? USA?
>>
>>1326773
His divorce was in Sweden, but he's probably bought his American citizenship now. He lives in LA in a 70 million dollar mansion.
>>
He's fucking going over
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fKJDAVvs_JA
>>
>gawker thought they could beat the hulkster
Hulk "Cuck killer" Hogan doesn't job for anyone
>>
>>1326746
1 (ONE) ATOMIC LEG DROP
>>
>>1326233
now he can buy TNA and make it good again.
>>
>>1326740
Actually in a interview after the trail he said he wanted to invest into buying TNA

So dixie might be getting a big pay day soon
>>
>>1327202
>>1327221
I hope he changes the name at least
>>
>>1327225
TOTAL HULKAMANIA WRESTLING BROTHER!

Presented By Gawker.
>>
So Gawker is actually dead, right? The judge not finding a reason for a retrial basically means their appeal wouldn't count get them shit even if they could afford it.
>>
>>1327278
Pretty sure this bankrupts them yeah.

1-2-3 Legdrop brother.
>>
Still can't believe he cucked a local radio host. Dude was a cunt anyways.
>>
>Gawker Founder Looking to Sell

>Nick Denton, founder of Gawker Media, is privately soliciting bids for his digital-media empire, according to the New York Post. Gawker was reportedly valued as high as $250 million earlier this year, but it’s unclear if—or how much—that amount has declined after a string of losses in court.
>>
>>1327221
If he makes TNA great for once then I say go for it.
>>
Make the gawker guy shoot fight at a ppv for his company
>>
>>1327642
the guy let him fuck his wife for blackmail purposes
>>
>>1328491
And he's the one that had to pay Hogan to not go to court.
>>1328453
This is actually real. Fuck YES
>>
File: 1464194580425.png (181 KB, 474x548) Image search: [Google]
1464194580425.png
181 KB, 474x548
Can't believe other journalists are trying to spin this as some horrible precedent-setting case. This was better that the usual shit (where companies swamp innocent people with bogus claims and expensive suits until they collapse), and if you're in Gawker's position, you've already fucked up.

>tfw you're not Gawker
>>
>>1328632
mostly because hogan had a guy with money funding his legal defense team so he got the best lawyers the rich guys money could buy, because the rich guy wanted gawker to be the precedent.
>>
>>1328638
What I can't wrap my heas around is how this is unprecedented. This exact thing has already been done before, it's not against the law, the Plaintiff version of it is practically the norm in higher courts, etc. Hell, most of the speculation said that the real precedent would be set when Gawker got an appeal, and they didn't even manage that.
>>
Both sides are scumbags
>>
>>1328668
Yeah, this is true but Gawker really does deserve to be obliterated.
>>
>>1328674
Yeah, I agree 100%
>>
>>1326256
I SPOKE UP ON THE STAND
DIDN'T HAVE TO HIDE
>>
>>1328663
The precedent that's been set has to do with standards for newsworthiness. The fact that the case was bankrolled by a rich guy with a vendetta is nothing new, even if it isn't right
>>
>>1328683
Oh, OK. I understand why the rest of the field is freaking out now.
Seems like a stretch on Gawker's part, but whatever.
>>
3rd time Hogan buries an entire company.
First time I'm happy about it.
>>
>>1328680
WELL YOU SPREAD HIS TAPE
AND YOU HURT MY PRIDE
>>
>>1328706
I laughed.
>>
>>1327221
>implying TNA is even worth that much
Dixie will be lucky to get at least 500 grand for it.
>>
>>1328808
You're only buying the contracts until they end and the rights to the name.

TNA has no assets apart from it's contracts and most of them would be fired 2 weeks later for not being enough of a hulkamaniac.

Dixie would be lucky if she got the hulkster's autograph for that shitshow.
>>
>>1328817
>TNA has no assets apart from it's contracts
the video library, rings, camera, stages, lights, tables, warehouse, merch, and the road stuff.
>>
>>1328871
>bad pay per views
>branded rings (rings aren't worth buying a company for either you zany fucker)
>Worse camera
>Branded stages
>tables (wow, you're really reaching)
>Road stuff

Lmao
>>
>>1328899
The dude stated NO assets and someone replied with the assets they do have. Don't be a nigger.
They also have office equipment and technology that are assets
>>
>>1329001
>Massive debt
>windows xp computers
>>
>Hulk Hogan's secret financial backer was revealed this week to be Peter Thiel, the billionaire co-founder of PayPal who was outed as homosexual by Gawker. The Times reports that Gawker argued that Thiel was new discovery material, but the judge refused to look at articles involving his involvement. Thiel reportedly put up $10 million for Hogan's legal team to work on the case, and has held a grudge against Gawker for outing him in a 2007 article titled "Peter Thiel is totally gay, people"

>Thiel told the Times this isn't about revenge, but a way to stop Gawker from "bullying" people.

"It's less about revenge and more about specific deterrence," Thiel told the New York Times this week, after it was revealed that he was funding Hogan's case. "I saw Gawker pioneer a unique and incredibly damaging way of getting attention by bullying people even when there was no connection with the public interest. Even someone like Terry Bollea who is a millionaire and famous and a successful person didn't quite have the resources to do this alone."

>After the news broke, Gawker CEO Nick Denton penned an open letter to Thiel on his website, saying that Thiel's "revenge has been served well, cold and (until now) anonymously."

>"You [Thiel] admit you have been planning the punishment of Gawker and its writers for years, and that you have so far spent $10 million to fund litigation against the company," Denton wrote. "Charles Harder, the Hollywood plaintiff's lawyer who has marshaled your legal campaign, is representing not just the wrestler Hulk Hogan on your behalf, but two other subjects of stories in suits against Gawker and its editorial staff."

GAWKER STATUS=BTFO
>>
Goodbye Gawker and by extension Kotaku.
No more Clickbait trash from you.
Now if only someone could target IGN and Polygon.
>>
>>1330775
ehh IGN isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. People pretty much consider it a joke now.
>>
FREEDOM.ISN'T.FREE.BROTHEEEEEERR!
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.