[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you stop watching WWE regularly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
When did you stop watching WWE regularly?
>>
>>1325811
>>
I watched it on and off for years. Biggest break between 2011-2014.
>>
>>1325811
I left for a significant amount of time after 2003. Picked back up around 2006.

Fucked off almost completely after Nexus burial, but then thought it can't get much worse. Then completely after they buried Ryder after the effort lo leapfrog Cena to overness with his love from the crowd predictably failed.

Now I only catch highlights.
>>
2004-05 ish
when cena started getting big and brock went to UFC
>Its fucking horrible now
>>
I never started that much.

Then again I only got into wrestling about 3 years ago, so there's that. I only watch what I want and when I want, really.
>>
Honestly just a couple weeks ago since le wacky man destroyed jerigoat's jacket to end raw. Haven't watched since and life is much better. I'm gonna give this brand split a chance once it happens, but until that time I'm just going to watch LU since its superior in every way anyways
>>
2000 id say, whenever it was that the emphasis went onto triple h and stephanie

Got back into it when Bret came back then fucked off when he went, then started watching again semi-regularly the day after the Bryan WM
Just watch most ppvs nowadays and the odd pre recorded raw if im very bored
>>

And again in 2016 after getting back into 2014.
>>
I haven't watched any WWE programming since TLC last year.
>>
File: 1452747334453.jpg (178 KB, 716x960) Image search: [Google]
1452747334453.jpg
178 KB, 716x960
during the rock push
>>
>>1326030
Fuck i thought the dudes head and shoulder was an ass
>>
3 years ago when I got into a serious relationship. I keep up with it all now thanks to my coworkers and all you wonderful neets here on /asp/. Thank you for doing the job >for free
>>
I started watching WWE in september but I started recording that shit in december so I can fast foward past the shit I don't want to waste my time with.
>>
>>1325811
Started watching in 95.
Stopped watching a little bit in 99.
Invasion storyline suckered me back into it in 2001.
Stopped watching after Wrestlemania X8.
Started watching again 2006-07.
Started briefly in 2012.
Started watching again this year.

WWE is an abusive relationship
>>
>>1325811

After this Rum Bowl.

Happy to say I've stopped watching ENTIRELY.
>>
September 19, 1997 when Bruno Sammartino defeated Ken Patera in a Texas Death Match
>>
File: Cih0ZKJWgAALAMe.jpg (66 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Cih0ZKJWgAALAMe.jpg
66 KB, 600x600
2005, recently gotten back into it but will probably burn out soon.
>>
>>1326378

>Weird homeless person stalks WWE's premier Japanese signings
>>
Never stopped because I don't take fake fighting so damn seriously

You all need lives
>>
File: 1463854792445.jpg (382 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
1463854792445.jpg
382 KB, 900x1366
Started in 2003, stopped in 2009 because Raw was absolutely unbearable. Came back in 2011, stopped watching in 2013, came back in 2015.
>>
>>1326377
Sorry... 1977
>>
desu I stopped watching Raw when Roman won the title, then Sheamus cashes in and then Roman won it back.That was like in 2015.

I only watched Wrestlemania, Payback and I just recently watched Extreme Rules. Raw at this point is just filler, I already know what is going to happen and I could just watch 5 minute videos of raw recaps. There is no need for me to waste 3 hours watching mandrama each week.
>>
>>1325811
Stopped watching for a long time but picked back up in 2011. Finally gave up for good last year when I realized the product was legit never going to improve.

Its going to be like BMJ's decade of horror, only worse because Roman blows by comparison.
>>
>>1325811
Late late 90s.

I remember watching a PPV at my friends house with a bunch of co-workers and just had a feeling that I was done watching for a while.

Wasn't mad about anything just felt like it was time to move on.
>>
>>1325811
2007, came back in 2011 pt. Then ft in 2012. Then 2015 barely cared at all anymore.
>>
I started watching in 2014 and I stopped watching it regularly after Hell in a Cell last year
>>
>>1326375
You missed a lot of good times pre 2006
>>
>>1325811
>>
The last full WWE match I watched was Lesnar vs Reigns
>>
Serious question: how bad do you feel for marks that only started watching in the mid-2000s or worse the 2010s?
>>
>>1325811
2006 or 2007 I think. I recently started watching again and I have no idea who over half of these people on the roster are.
>>
>>1326628
There are plenty of people here who started watching during the Ruthless Aggression era. You can spot them easily since they all seem to think having a brand split is a good idea. I feel more angry than sorry for them.
>>
>>1326648
This.

I am so glad I stopped watching before the brand split.

What a convoluted fucking mess.
>>
2002, or so.
>>
2 years ago. Can't stop hanging around wrestling forums though.
>>
2002 or whenever wcw folded and started to be intergrated
>>
File: 20110622_past_ppvs_wm17_l.jpg (31 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
20110622_past_ppvs_wm17_l.jpg
31 KB, 642x361
after wm 17
>>
Watched Sunday night Heat when I could back in the late 90s, I didn't have any way to watch Raw since I was a britbong 9 year old. Pretty much my first exposure to wrestling, was a fan of The Rock because 9 years old and 2cool because they were based.
Got the first Smackdown game for PS1 and used the hockey mask to make an Eminem CAW who I chose not to give a gender so he could win all the belts including Womens.

Stopped until about 2003/2004ish when I would watch the show that was on Sky One on most sunday mornings, thought Cena was pretty cool, stopped around 2006ish

Got WWE network last summer to watch some old Royal Rumbles and started watching live PPVs with the last Night of Champions. Started watching Raws after Survivor series, missed a few since but I've tried to keep up to speed with them on days off if I don't bother watching them live.

desu I'm a casual.
>>
File: chrisjericho[1].jpg (32 KB, 408x376) Image search: [Google]
chrisjericho[1].jpg
32 KB, 408x376
ITT: 15-year-olds playing make-believe

>kekekekek I stopped watching during muh Attitude Era
>>
>>1325811
when cena stopped rapping
>>
>>1326648
This. No fucking way they have the creative competence to pull of a brand split. They can't make their product watchable now. Is a magic switch going to flip and creative actually starts trying?
>>
Stopped watching somewhere between 2001-3. I remember still playing the Smackdown games (HCTP) but I think I'd kinda stopped watching the product. Once Rock, Austin, Foley, HBK, Bret were gone I stopped giving a fuck. Started watching again round 2012 when Bork came back and Punk dropped le pipebomb.
>>
File: 1451968464557.gif (1 MB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1451968464557.gif
1 MB, 245x200
Never watched in my life. Only knew about it through my cousins video games and pop culture for stone cold and the rock.
Started watching about a month before 2014 survivor series. Dont remember why I started i thought i saw a thread linking to taima tv on /sp/. What drew me in was more of just the fun in the chat.

I watched every raw almost without breaks all the way till about wm32. Then I just started tuning out and missing half the show without caring.

I feel like as soon as something else grabs my attention ill drop it
>>
30 years old, never stopped since the golden era.

If I don't watch live I record it and watch MNF etc
>>
>>1327223

How the fuck could a brand split possibly make anything worse.

Absolute worst case scenario is the same fucking idiots who are ruining everything right now continue to ruin everything, and the product stays just as bad as it has been. Best case scenario is that Smack!Down has some different people influencing the booking (I'm sure Vince will never be TOO far away) and we get two hours of occasionally entertaining wrestling.

There is no way to go but up, you're just too blinded by your knee jerk contrarianism to see it.
>>
2008-2013
>>
In 87 when kids beat the shit out of me because I had told someone I liked wwe.

I still don't watch raw. It's 2hours and 45 minutes of commercials for pizza rolls and bullshit. I just stick with WWE network and watch the ppvs.
>>
>>1327377
87? Were you in NWA territory?
>>
>>1327364
>there is nowhere to go but up

>Watch roman berry half the roaster on Monday
>Watch cena berry the other half of the roaster on Tuesday

If you think it will be any different you are a legit Mark.
>>
>>1325811
I wonder if anyone here experience the wrestling world before the WWF's rise to dominance. In other words, anyone from the Territory Era?
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 296x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 296x385
>>1327382
No. California. It was in 5th grade. That's around the time kids will look for any reason to taunt and hurt other kids because there is the anthropological drive to test their oncoming manhood.

I remember I was reading this magazine during lunch and they tore it up and then smashed my face in several times.
>>
>>1327414
I thought that was a typo, that's crazy. I would have figured wrestling would have been super popular during Hulkamania
>>
>>1327015
the canon ending of pro-wrestling tbqhwyfam
>>
the day HBK retired. after that i had no real 'guy' to support. i tried to get behind cmpunk, but his real life ego bled too much into his character and how he treated fans kinda turned me sour..and then daniel bryan..who got hurt and retired. so fuck it
>>
>2006-2009
Then
>2013-Now
>>
File: 1458638327666.jpg (385 KB, 800x938) Image search: [Google]
1458638327666.jpg
385 KB, 800x938
Around the time of WCW Invasion: embarrassingly I fell for the Phil Brooks meme, and started watching because of the pipe bomb. At which point I realised my life was already enough of a failure to worry about being a loser for tuning in again, and taking too much of an interest
>>
>>1326628
I'm glad i was a little kid in the late 80's early 90's and got to see when wrestling andrew dice clay and guns n roses were the biggest things on the planet.
>>1327377
Bait. no one would call it WWE if they quit watching it in 87. No way in 87 5th graders wouldn't like WWF
>>
>>1325811
When the Miz became champion. BMJ could have easily broken his neck, come on now. I can't believe people watch this boring crap.
>>
>>1325811
the first time raw and smackdown split into separate brands and had a draft. what was it, 2002? The APA had to disband and I said fuck it
>>
>>1325811
I've been stopping on and off again but what made me stop paying attention to anything other than PPVs and the occasional Raws before and after was the move to 3 hours. That's an ungodly long time to spend on watching shitty pro wrestling that doesn't even deliver and it coincided with Smackdown becoming max B-show with zero reason to give a fuck about it, when before you could at least get decent matches out of it.
>>
>>1325811
I skipped WM26 entirely. I have no idea what happened. I pretty much stopped around WM25 so there's that. Then the Rock came back in time for WM27 and I started watching again. Then I stopped before WM29 because the Rock was still around.
>>
>>1327364
>There's nowhere to go but up
>How can it get any worse

I'm guessing you haven't been watching for all that long? If WWE fans had a dollar for everytime we said it can't get any worse, only for the product to dig below the bottom of the pit, /asp/ could start their own promotion.

Roman buries the roster on Monday, BMJ gets the new world title and buries the rest of the roster on Tuesday.

It can and will get worse.
>>
I started watching WWE around elementary around 2000-2004. Got bored then watched ECW in 2007-2010. Then my good buddy Hey Phil got me back into the WWE when he started that cult thing with that bullet boy and Britney Spears.

I fucking hated the evolution era and Batista so obviously kept my nose out of that shit.
>>
>>1328013
Nope not bait. I didn't call it WWE when I was 10, I called it wrestling. My 30-something self wrote WWE when I was relating the experience.

And as far as kids not liking wrestling, I guess you didn't read it all. I said they would look for anything to tease me about. Wrestling was one element. They also made (physical) fun of my ET tshirt. Bullies are bullies man.
Also, who the fuck would make that up for attention and who the fuck would be in such denial they would poopoo someone relating their childhood woes?
>>
Been watching between semesters because I had too much going on between school and work to watch much TV at all. Kept hoping it would get better when instant watching again but it hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>1325811
When HHH gave the thumbs down to Randy Orton
>>
I've been off-and-on since the late 90s. It's a television show...one that never ends. Sometimes I get bored of it and take a break for months or a years. Then I'll come back. No biggie.

Some of you guys take this stuff pretty seriously lol
>>
>>1328187

>Then the Rock came back in time for WM27 and I started watching again. Then I stopped before WM29 because the Rock was still around.

I feel like this happened to a lot of people

>Oh man, The Rock is back! He was so fucking awesome maybe WWE is worth watching again!
>Damn, that match against Cena was fucking boss I love wrestling again!
Two years later
>Jesus fuck they really don't have anything going for them beyond how cool The Rock was 15 years ago, do they?
>>
>>1328214

So both shows still outright suck. That's really the state of things now, isn't it?

I suppose things COULD get worse, but they'd need to go full New Generation Sparky Plugg Tier awful for that to happen
>>
>>
Stopped caring around 2003 and now just watch to see them flail about trying to run a promotion. I have some favorites that I hope do well, but it's not the end of the world if they lose.

Basically I've "cut the cord" and stopped giving them my money for a product I don't want to encourage to stay bad since 03.
>>
File: Saori_Hara.jpg (81 KB, 959x852) Image search: [Google]
Saori_Hara.jpg
81 KB, 959x852
After the WCW and ECW buyouts when it became clear that WWE were just gonna book petty angles instead of actual good tv

Then again after Bryan won the title at WMXXX, not because I hate Bryan but because It felt like a fitting end and it was also clear that it was just a blip and then a return to shit, which it was.

Happily watching ICW, TNA, Stardom and AAA. All off them 100x better than Vince and Haitches directionless corporate shitshow
>>
>>1325811
After the Rock and Stone Cold were gone I stopped watching for a long time... I picked it back up sometime around when CM Punk became the world champion on Smackdown because I turned it on and was like "who the fuck is this skinny emo guy and why does he have the belt?"
>>
Mania 32, haven't watched the last two ppvs, I'm just waiting to see if smackdown is gonna be good. Mitb is always good so I'll watch that i guess
>>
Until it became pointless filler bullshit, not watching until Reigns vs Cena happens.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.