[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"JeriGOAT"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: 1453343517154.gif (2 MB, 199x182) Image search: [Google]
1453343517154.gif
2 MB, 199x182
Can someone explain what criteria they are using to proclaim Jericho as the GOAT?

>Great on the mic but not as good as Austin or Rock
>Great in the ring but not as good as Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart
>Never been a top level face so its fair to say hes never been a big draw
>Hes another example of a guy who works with the real draws just like HHH, thats why their WM Main event was a failure
>>
>Hes another example of a guy who works with the real draws just like HHH

The sad thing is that even though I know you're baiting, and Jericho has been my favorite wrestler for 15 years, I agree with this. As good as he is, he has never been the face and was never booked like one.

But just because I agree with you doesn't mean I'm going to bump your bait.
>>
He had nothing but 5 star matches when he was unified champion
>>
>>1324618
He is the best all around.

Jericho could at least outwrestle any of the top faces.
>>
>taking ANYTHING on this board seriously

this is a board with a tripfag whose life is so lonely that he runs a million trips, posts the same threads everyday, and replies to himself

this is a board that managed to turn fedora posting into a dead horse faster than /b/ and /v/ ever could

this board is the last place you should take seriously, every thread is a waiting game, you post, and see how long it takes for dean mark to shit up the thread and claim hes working you, despite the fact he has never worked (or worked out) a single day in his neet life
>>
>>1324618
He's one of the most versatile wrestlers of all time and can do anything asked of to a high standard.
>>
Theres just no way I can call someone the GOAT who's never been the face of the company
>>
>>1324622
>"But just because I agree with you doesn't mean I'm going to bump your bait."
>he says as he bumps his bait
>>
>>1324630
I wonder what the state of dean marks life is like where he is on here 24/7. How can someone have nothing else to do? I get bored after ive been on here for 5 minutes.
>>
Here is the exact moment /wwe/ started liking Jericho again

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/716852072155451394

They only like heels.
>>
>>1324618
Its a meme dipshit

No one actually thinks he is the GOAT
>>
File: 1433809177760.jpg (29 KB, 352x284) Image search: [Google]
1433809177760.jpg
29 KB, 352x284
>he fell for the "Rock is great on the mic" meme

ROODY POODY CANDY ASS LE JABRONIES xD

JeriGOAT spews catchphrases ironically for heat, but Maivia is completely genuine with it.
>>
>>1324697
We forgetting about "ROOTY TOOTY BOOTY" already?
>>
File: manletjerichoputinhisplace.png (49 KB, 630x340) Image search: [Google]
manletjerichoputinhisplace.png
49 KB, 630x340
>>1324618
making sure indy nerds know their place. >>1324650
nah pick related.
>>
>Rock
>Greatest on the mic
>Writes his entire promos on his hands
>>
>>1324757
not to mention he has a personal writer, write his stuff.
>>
>>1324756
> Chris "SMW & ECW" Jericho
> not an indy manlet
>>
The single great Ring General ever. Watch last years Royal Rumble, Jericho was in there for 51 minutes and directed everything the entire time as well as doing his usual moves.

All that from a 45 year old man.
>>
>>1324766
>All that from a 45 year old man.
its called experience,, so not surprising.
>>
>>1324766
>Watch last years Royal Rumble

you mean the rumble regarded as one of the worst ever

no thanks
>>
>>1324766
>>1324779
Wasn't that this years?
>>
>Bret
>Shawn
>Austin
>Rock
>Bruno (this is the furthest back I'd go)
>Hogan
>Flair
>Cena

These are the only people I would consider the GOAT. Anyone else was never the face of their company, was but they were a flash in the pan, or they were missing something. I don't watch much foreign wrestling or else I'd throw Inoki and some others in here.

Most of my reasoning for ranking a wrestler so high is if they were "the man" or not and I guess that's why I think Taker is overrated
>>
>>1324787
Yes.

>>1324779
Nah that was the one Reigns won.

Only butthurt Dean fans hates this year rumble (And to some extent AJ fans)
>>
>>1324766
He could barely move by the end of that he was so out of breath
>>
18+
>>
>>1324711
What about it? What an awesome chant

ROOTY
>>
File: Deal With It Messi.gif (462 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
Deal With It Messi.gif
462 KB, 220x165
>>1324809

Hogan personally killed two national wrestling promotions. He isn't allowed to be in a GOAT discussion.

Cena is a notch below everyone else on that list in literally every category, so he's out.

Bret's career was cut short by injury, so I'd remove him.

Rock, while genuinely great at pretty much everything, and arguably the most charismatic wrestler of all time, wasn't QUITE as good as Michaels or Austin at actually working a match.

So it comes down to Austin and Michaels. To my knowledge, Austin never ruined things left and right with his pilled up retard ego and Good Boys Club. So Austin wins.
>>
>>1324927
>thinking Hogan killed WCW

kek
>>
>>1324940
>Thinking he didn't.
Him and his shitty ideas that were unstoppable because he had full creative license over his character with his shitty buddies murdered WCW.

Thinking any different is a lie.
>>
>>1324963
Wcw was good until hogan left
>>
>>1324963
Read up on Brad Sigel/Time Warner instead of The Death Of WCW pleasw
>>
>>1324967
no it wasn't, almost as soon as Hogan left they gave Steiner the belt and he became the only reason anyone would want to give a fuck about WCW

he still didn't kill it though
>>
>>1324979
They should have pushes buff bagwell
>>
>>1324967
>WCW was good in 1999-2000

18+
>>
>>1324974
>WCW loses tens of millions of dollars a year
>Blame the merger

Nice revisionist history
>>
>>1325002
Look at what Bischoff offered them at the end and look at how much they were bought for

They got sabotaged, it isn't even a debate
>>
>>1325006
>Sabotoged
>Lose 65 million in a year
Stop. A shit product is something no one wants. Look at Spike and Destination America dropping TNA
>>
>>1325030
Why would the network want to cancel their highest rated weekly show?

Jesus WWE really mindfucked some of you guys
>>
>>1325030
Bischoff put an offer in for 67 million (that was accepted), and they out of no where they were sold for 3 million
>>
>>1325036
Because even though it was pulling ratings it was also a moneysink
>>
>>1325044
see
>>1325041

Nobody after the merger liked wrestling so Sigel made a deal with his friend Stu Snyder (the president of WWF during that time. Jerry Jarrett also offered 70 million and was completely ignored. You're delusional if you think they weren't sabotaged

(why the fuck am I talking about WCW in 2016)
>>
>>1325055
Nobody is saying the deal was on the up-and-up but to pretend WCW was doing just fine until then is absurd.
>>
>>1325060
I never said they were, but that guy said Hogan killed WCW which is completely false
>>
>>1325064
hi nWoWolfpacTV how many hours of Kevin Nash promos did you watch today?
>>
>>1325064
you cannot deny he played a big role though
>>
>>1324809
Why are you holding yourself back from liking people?
>>
>>1326421
You can like someone and not consider them the GOAT
>>
>>1324618
You stupid idiot!
>>
File: The Gift.jpg (72 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
The Gift.jpg
72 KB, 600x338
>>1324618
what he has that those others don't is the Gift of Jericho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S51vuDlNNec
>>
Do they proclaim him as the GOAT or is that not just Jericho saying it about himself as part of the character that he plays?
>>
>>1325036

Because ratings mean nothing if the show isn't profitable. WCW was hemorrhaging cash.
>>
>>1324618
>Can someone explain what criteria they are using to proclaim Jericho as the GOAT?

The fact that he can literally play his roles as a heel or a face to perfection? He is a far better heel than he is a face but who cares? He's entertaining, has numerous classic matches and he's as funny today as when I first watching him in the late 90's.

>>1324630

What kinda idiot thinks rating Jericho is trolling? Were you born last week?
>>
>>1327224

stupid idiots.
>>
>>1324618
>he will never be as good as he was in wcw
And if you don't remember watch his 1000 holds promo or when he didn't find the ring.
Im still owning a JSP t-shirt and wear it with pride.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.