[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would it take to make Roman Reigns likable? I see very little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 13
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
What would it take to make Roman Reigns likable? I see very little potential in him but there is always something in everyone that makes them decent.
>>
>>1324357
If he got a vagina and let people have sex with it.
>>
File: 1462238278333.jpg (19 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1462238278333.jpg
19 KB, 320x320
He needs to get off TV for a few months and come back with a new gimmick, and no more training wheels chest protector.
>>
honestly I'd just fix reigns by having him never pick up a mic. he doesn't do in ring or back stage segments, no promos. He basically becomes the Motaro to Brock Lesnars Goro. he only shows up when the matches start, just straight up make him a monster
>>
Nothing will work. He just isn't charismatic or likeable at all compared to his peers. He's just so mediocre in a business full of exciting people.
>>
Only fat smarks don't like Roman Reigns and they never will like him.
>>
>>1324357
There is no way to save him. Damage is irreparable.
>>
Heel turn now, face turn when/if he's over.
>>
Heel turn as a monster, maybe with some stable with the Usos. Lose the stupid vest. Talk less. Then face turn when the crowd eventually likes him.

I don't even think he's as bad as everyone says. It's become more of a meme to boo and hate him, it's hardly based on anything now. His matches usually aren't bad. Yeah, his booking is still Hogan/Cena style but he's gotten a lot better.
>>
>>1324521
Sure thing FedoRamen
>>
>>1324536
Why not just go all the way, and have Samoa Joe there as well? Just have the Samoans consistently run roughshod through the roster in a wild path of destruction.
>>
>>1324536
> monster heel
> can only lift the smallest guys

And he hasn't gotten a lot better, unless you think being lead through spotfests is "improvement".
>>
>>1324357

Fair Warning: This is entirely too long.

Lose the Championship at Summerslam (or possibly earlier) with an injury angle that takes him off TV for a bit. And I mean TAKES HIM OFF TV. None of this "Triple H Quad Tear Bullshit" where RAW becomes a 2 hour highlight reel of his goddamn rehab.

For Survivor Series, preferably starting the seeds of this before HIAC, either set up the FINALLY finale of this aggravating WHO WILL RUN RAW angle between Team Shane (the faces) and Team Steph (The heels), or, having mercifully resolved that crap with Stephanie regaining control, set up Stephanie's heels vs the anti-Steph faces (call them The Union or something to take the piss if you'd like).

Steph's team should consist of Triple H, Seth, and three others who aren't specifically that important, but Sheamus, Del Taco, Rusev, KO, Cesaro, Corbin, and Jericho would all be solid candidates if they don't have another angle going on. The face team should be primarily headed by John Cena, include Dean Ambrose, and initially, one of Cesaro, Ziggler, Rusev, Jericho, Sami Zayn, or Apollo Crews.
>>
>>1324562

With this, Cena's team is down 3 men to 5, and this is brought about by Heel Shenanigans (possibly buying Cesaro away from Team Cena or some shit), and the heels mock Cena's team for it. Having set this up, during some RAW Team Cena are in the ring and Team Stephanie ambushes them and TC holds their own for a minute but get overwhelmed by numbers. Then Roman's music hits. He comes tromping down the stairs (without the stupid vest, but possibly still with full length pants because I think that'd look slick and tough) of the stadium, leaps over the barricade and starts Superman punching everyone on Team Steph he can get within fist's reach of. No fist cocking, no OOOOOHHHHAAAAAAing, just bluntly beating the snot out of people. He chases off Team Steph, probably spearing Aitch in the process, and that's how that RAW ends.

Early next RAW you get a backstage segment Cena being his usually friendly douche self, cheerfully welcoming Roman back and how it's great to have a friend like him and blah blah blah Cena could do on like that for the whole show if you let him. Roman stops him, says, verbatim, "I'm not here to help you. I'm here to punch Triple H and his toadies until they stop moving, and then I'm getting my championship back." Cena does his SRSFACE and accepts this, needing the help where he can get it.

At the end of that RAW, Team Cena is once again in the ring, and Cena is cutting a promo about having a fourth man and they'll find a fifth man and end Stephanie's tyranny and on and on. Team Steph once again jumps them, and still having the numbers advantage, eventually gets the upper hand. Aitch then drags Cena into the and holds him down and yells at Seth to get a chair.
>>
>>1324565

Now, as an aside, the past months have including a lot of Steph and Aitch barking orders and Seth and generally treating him like the help, with Seth tolerating it with a grumble.

That all comes to a head when Aitch and Steph and screaming at Seth to put Cena out of commission with the chair. Seth clobbers Aitch with the chair, smacks the rest of the team with the chair, and Steph barely gets away chair free herself. Having chased them off, Rollins grabs a mic and yells something like "I'm sick of putting up with you two washed up has-been grandparents. I am Seth Rollins, the best wrestler in the world, and I don't need favors from two buffoons who either inherited or married into everything they've ever accomplished!" And that's how that RAW ends.

The next RAW, the final one before SvS, starts with Rollins talking to team Cena, assuring them he's in their camp 100%, and apologizing to Roman and Dean for turning. Roman says, verbatim, "I don't care one way or the other about that anymore. It's in the past. The future is us beating the McMahon's at Survivor Series, and then me getting my damn championship back. No matter who stands in my way." Do this pre-taped so you can do multiple takes until the fool gets his one line right. Dean doesn't say anything, just glares at Cena and Rollins and walks off.
>>
>>1324566

At the end of that RAW, Team Cena is once again in the ring because they never learn, going on about how the Evil Authority Figure Bullies are on the ropes and will be soundly beaten at Survivor Series. Team Steph comes halfway down the ramp, Triple H holding a sledgehammer and the rest holding other weapons, Dean ducks out the other side of the ring to grab some chairs himself. Aitch cuts pretty much the exact same "Always Have a Plan B" promo he cut at the end of the Evolution vs SHIELD. Naturally, Dean ends Aitch's promo by walloping Reigns in the back with a chair while Seth freezes, mouth agape, in shock. Ambrose clobbers him with the chair and starts swinging for Team Cena and Team Aitch hits the ring for a brawl which they win handily because Ambrose took out two of TC at the start. Ambrose grabs a mic and says he's sick of being yanked around. He treated Rollins and Reigns like his brothers in the SHIELD, then Rollins stabbed him in the back and Reigns did nothing but rely on his help to deal with the Authority's goons while never having his back in return, and Cena was willing to look past those asshole moves just to feed his ego with a Survivor Series win. Well, Dean Ambrose is for Dean Ambrose now.

That's how that RAW ends, with the announcers selling the fact that Team Cena is once again down a man, outnumbered 4 to 5.

At the SvS match, Cena says he's called in some favors and spent some influence to get a fifth, and this is used to debut some NXT guy, ideally Samoa Joe. The match goes until it's Roman and Rollins vs Ambrose and Aitch. Aitch does something dirty to get a pin on Rollins while Roman is out of the way, but Roman hits the ring immediately after to drill Aitch with a Superman Punch and pin him. This leaves Roman, who SHOULD be getting cheered, against heel Dean. They go for 5 minutes or something until Roman wins.
>>
>>1324568
In the aftermath, Roman continues to not wear a shirt, not speak more than one sentence every other RAW, and indiscriminately beat the tar out of people the audience doesn't like until he climbs back into the championship picture (he should probably win it outright at the Rum Bowl). Rollins feuds with Aitch, and Ambrose goes off to goon up lower card faces until the Rum Bowl, which can be used to set up future angles for all involved.

>inb4 tl;dr
>inb4 gb2reddit
>inb4 please have sex

I really have nothing else to do on a Tuesday night but think of crap like this and jack off.
>>
>>1324570
Well at least you're honest.
>>
>>1324570
>jacking off to Roman's push

hi Vince
>>
>le turn him heel

If he became a heel he'd end up on the same boat as Miz, Sheamus and ADR aka don't give two fucks heels.

He's better off as a smark grenade as he is now.
>>
>>1324498
you're autistic.. the entire roster is garbage
>>
just fucking turn him heel

why doesn't anyone get it? jesus christ
>>
Lose clean every now and again
>>
>>1324357
different outfit
Its retarded to let someone wrestle in a protective vest
>>
>>1324714
Even if that was right (and isn't, gb2 Youtube) he'd be at the bottom of the heap.
>>
>>1324357
Let's set some points:
1) Roman is a great worker has a good moveset but is only allowed to use 5 moves (recently more)
2) He has charisma and is good on the mic irl but wwe wants him to be the badass like face but he's a natural smug heel, wwe wont let him be the heel even if he's born for it.
3) Smarks will always hate him because he's vince's project, most people dislike him because he's being pushed hard.

So how we make Roman likeable? Remember Rocky Maivia? Yeah.
>>
1. No more talking
2. Turn him either heel or neutral
3. Make him into a berserking warrior. He comes in and just goes berserk on whoever he is facing.
4. Get rid of the chest piece and make sure he has abs.
>>
>>1324744
holy shit point #1 is literally Cena defenses from a fucking decade ago

>2) He has charisma and is good on the mic irl

[Citation FUCKING Needed]
>>
>>1324759
>3. smarks will always hate him
thanks for proving my points
>>
File: BoDallas_original.jpg (80 KB, 642x722) Image search: [Google]
BoDallas_original.jpg
80 KB, 642x722
>>1324761
Well it seems that you can't do it yourself seeing as how you completely failed to provide any evidence for #2.
>>
Vince: Everyberry until you like him
>>
>Stephanie McMahon slaps Reigns
>Reigns slaps her back and gives her a superman punch

There ya go
>>
Live suicide
>>
File: 1463511305291.jpg (9 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
1463511305291.jpg
9 KB, 248x248
>>1324771
>he's so much of a fatass he can't even type "Roman Reigns off air promo" on google without having to rest to retake breath
>>
Literally just make him a heel. His personality would fit a monster, supremely conceded heel so well.
>>
>>1324796
> he's so lazy and stupid he needs other people to craft his arguments for him

Hi FedoRamen

Seen that promo last time you shilled it. Was crap then. Is crap now.
>>
File: 1462281083711.jpg (34 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
1462281083711.jpg
34 KB, 630x420
>>1324802
>gets proofs
>"n-no u're st-stupid"
>thinks im Carter or whatever tripfag he's getting btfo by
As i said "smarks will always hate him".
>>
>>1324805
>proofs

A dull, boring non-promo?

>smarks will always hate them

Explains why Sasha is still getting booed out of the building like she was during her early years at Full Sail.
>>
>>1324814
>that promo was amazing
>"no boring"
the state of contrarians
>>
>>1324492
>He basically becomes the Kintaro to Brock Lesnars Goro.
FTFY famalam, Motaro and Goro have absolutely nothing to do with eachother
>>
>>1324818
>amazing

The fucking state of your taste

>"smarks will always hate them"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bImFCwvSN0
>>
1. Stop the superman booking.
2. Stop the shit promos (or pair him with heyman)
3. Stop having his opponents talk him up in their promos, everyone can see through this.
4. Just please stop jbl talking about him D'YA HEAR THAT REACTION MAGGLE!
5. New music, new attire and get rid of the superman punch its fucking bollocks
>>
>>1324796
>Roman dropping his spaghetti before the 30 second mark

GOAT promo
>>
>What would it take to make Roman Reigns likable?

Some movie role or major injury or something that puts him completely out of action for at least 6 months, after which he can return with a fresh look and gimmick.

There's really not much that can be done to salvage Reigns at the moment. It's far too late for him to be "unshoved down the audience's throat", especially since his rise coincided with so many better performers getting injured etc.

Go away and start fresh later, that's the only proper answer.
>>
File: 1460488925560.jpg (96 KB, 864x485) Image search: [Google]
1460488925560.jpg
96 KB, 864x485
>>1324829
>>1324833
>they will always be in denial about Roman
Wew
>>
File: Fonzie Steen.jpg (30 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Fonzie Steen.jpg
30 KB, 600x300
>>1324836
>literally covering your ears and screaming "NO HE CAN'T WIN THEM OVER, THEY'VE MADE UP THEIR MINDS"

You know who else used to get booed outta ROH shows?

This Guy!
>>
File: 1461891304795.png (183 KB, 424x318) Image search: [Google]
1461891304795.png
183 KB, 424x318
>>1324843
but you are the one in denial pham
>>
>>1324835
But he's been put out by injuries twice now and he's only been LESS over with every return?
>>
>>1324845
> le "smarks will NEVER cheer Vince's Guy" meme

They do when he isn't shit:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2i2t8_steve-austin-wins-raw-award_sport
>>
>>1324357
Personally, Reigns has reached his peak at this point. I never liked him in The Shield and he's done nothing to improve since.
>>
File: 1461629167942.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1461629167942.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>1324856
>SCSA
>Vince guy
Kek
>smark so furious he makes up things
>>
>>1324892
He's should've remained a hot tag that's all he is.
>>
>>1324894
Nice way to prove you didn't even try watching the video FedoRamen

>"Smarks will NEVER cheer Vince's Guy"

The Rock from 1998-2016 says Hi.
>>
>>1324796

AF TER LAST NIGHT I GOTTA A LOTTA RESPECT FOR YOU AJ

HELL I DIG WHAT YOU DID HERE

I FEEL EVERYTHING YOU SAID

<CITY NAME> DO YOU LIKE AJ?

YOU KNOW WHATS THEY NOT GONNA LIKE? ITS WHEN I BEAT YOU IN <PPV NAME>

AND AJ YOU ARE PHENOMENAL......AT LYING

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>1324742
really why don't you name one person on this garbage roster that would be better than reigns you fucking neckbeard
>>
File: 1462720406628.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1462720406628.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>1324856
A Vince guy would not get the ringmaster gimmick
>>
>>1324975
>anti-smarks THIS mad

Styles
Big E
Bray
Cesaro
Ambrose
Owens
Rusev
Zayn
Rollins
>>
>>1324997
>ambrose

nah

ill take the rest doe
>>
>>1324983
>didn't watch the video
>>
File: 1456789124879.jpg (117 KB, 1100x1380) Image search: [Google]
1456789124879.jpg
117 KB, 1100x1380
>smarks btfo by based romarks
>>
>>1324997
you must be mentally challenged.. all those losers are fucking trash.. the product is dead and buried get over it you disgusting sweaty fat neackbeard indy piece of shit.. reigns is as good as it will ever get in this day and age.. and im not saying reigns is good by any means.. he would be trash too if this were a different time but in 2016 he easily puts all your pathetic indy masturbation material to shame
>>
>>1325086
Boy, aren't you a cheery fellow.

> Big E
> Bray
> Rusev

INDY!
>>
>>1325088
please explain to me how any of those retards as champions would make this garbage any less boring to watch than reigns you autistic fuck
>>
>>1325091
They actually can wrestle and cut a promo?
>>
>>1325113
yeah sure if you enjoy some disgusting sweaty fat neckbeard with a fedora talking gibberish or some disgusting fat russian with an unbearable accent in a speedo.. actually i was being sarcastic they cant cut promos to save their lives and you cant prove otherwise.. also wreswtling is fake is fake so the promos are all that matter but guess what retard NO ONE ON THE FUCKING ROSTER TODAY CAN CUT A PROMO FOR SHIT NOT REIGNS AND CERTAINLY NOT SOME FUCKING FEDORA WEARING IDIOT IN A ROCKING CHAIR FOLLOWED BY DISGUSTING FAT BEARDED MEN EVERYWHERE HE GOES
>>
>>1325113
WRESTLING IS FAKE YOU FUCKING RETARDS IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY KNOW HOW TO WRESTLE ALL THAT MATTERS IS BEING ABLE TO CUT A PROMO WHICH NONE OF THOSE PIECES OF SHIT U LISTED CAN DO BETTER THAN REIGNS
>>
>>1325128
>the state of this Smarkbustuh cuck

Settle down before you hurt yourself Billy
>>
>>1325113
NOW UR GONNA GO ON AND MAKE SOME SHIT UP ABOUT HOW THEY CAN CUT GREAT PROMOS CUZ YOU'RE A 10 YEAR OLD WHO FINDS STUPID BULLSHIT LIKE NEW DAY ENTERTAINING
>>
>>1325138
shut up faggot
>>
>>1325128
>>1325137
FedoRamen losing it.

Top fucking kek

And Ramen is still cringeworthy on the mic.
Believe that.
This is real life Chicago.

Sufferin succotash
>>
>>1325152
yeah i can besides being a smelly sweaty fat basement dwelling greasy cheeto fingered neckbeard you also cant read cuz you failed to comprehend the part where i stated reigns is garbage like 10 times
>>
>>1325143
>>1325148
I think you need to tell Mommy that you need to go see your doctor again.
>>
>>1325181
i think you need to tell your doctor that you keep fantasizing about all these fat greasy idiots in speedos
>>
>>1325196
Lying to my doctor? For what purpose?
>>
File: 1461652140000.jpg (30 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1461652140000.jpg
30 KB, 600x400
>>1325128
>>1325137
>>1325143
>>1325152
>Samefagging amd then falseflagging to try to win an argument you lost already
Roman haters are pathetic
>>
>>1325233
top 3 are me bottom is not faggot
>>
>>1325247
sure antiroman poster sure
>>
>>1325249
the fact that retard said "top fucking kek" and "ramen" proves it aint me cuz im not some bandwagon retard like you idiots on this board who uses gay terms like that so i could feel part of some "community" or whatever garbage you autists do
>>
>>1325233
FedoRamen pls
>>
>>1325346
>I'm cool because everybody says I'm a dickhead

State of >>(You)
>>
>>1324357
>What would it take to make Roman Reigns likable?

make him lose clean once in a while or take a fucking pin.

cause as things are he is being fucking booked stronger than fucking hogan and thats just fucking dumb thing to do
>>
>>1324357
He is already likeable, the only ones who don't are smarks who take wrestling too seriously.
>>
>>1324551
Apparently people do. Like, he'll do exactly one cool move in a match that takes 40 seconds to set up and execute and people will just gush about how much he's improving in the ring.
>>
>>1324357

No more chest protector, be a silent asskicking badass.
>>
>>1324357
Turn him into a corporate heel. Do a storyline with Vince being his manager basically and coming down to the ring with him and yelling in the faces of indie midgets after Roman decimates them
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>1324357
Having a Samoa Stable
the usos stay with Tag team titles
Ramen with WHC title
THIS guy with NXT or Intercontinental title
>>
>>1325381
That's Baron Corbin's gimmick except Roman Reigns triggers smarks without even doing or saying anything.
>>
>>1324380
They could easily just have a heel GM ban the chest protector and then never bring it back.
>>
>>1324521
What about skinnyfat marks? I don't like Roman Reigns because he is an average wrestler, a boring character, a terrible promo, and booked horribly. Do I have to be fat to validate these opinions?
>>
>>1324357
Problem is Roman is neither a badass or a cool guy
He is not a cool guy because he is a dick with Family, he just does not help Usos with tag team titles
Either with his brother Dean
Lets him make a stable with Samoa joe
>>
>>1325383
>>1325406
>wasting the last years of Joe's career teaming with Roman Reigns
How about no
>>
>>1325128
wow, you're an autistic faggot, kill yourself
>>
>>1325137
>>
>>1325143
>>
>>1325346
wow, what an autistic faggot. kys
>>
>>1324357
Honestly, I'm just tired of Roman Reigns. Maybe if he got bantz like Cena I'd come around because that's how I came to like John. But now I sincerely don't care for him.

Even if he turned heel, the idea that's he's gonna be the next golden boy and reduce everyone else, even Seth, to transitional champs in this "new era" is just a turn off.
>>
>>1324570
that was a series of long posts to do pretty much the same thing that's already going on. 0/10, quit your job at creative.
>>
>>1325390
Corbin being an unlikable dick that doesn't care about wrestling and has no talent is a work

Reigns being an unlikable dick that doesn't care about wrestling and has no talent is a shoot
>>
He desperately needs to be heel.

I honestly like Roman and he could be a great heel but they just won't do that, they made some good efforts by having him not walk through the crowd and completely ignore them, he doesn't smile when he walks to the ring. This is all fine by me, his wrestling his lightyears better than it was and he's been peforming well.
Give him new gear, new music.

I just fear he will always be booed, since booing him is a meme now and it's funny cos it seems women are the only ones who cheer for him, that's why the boo's are always louder.
I guess most guys don't like him because they feel like cucks.
>>
>>1324357
>be better at wrestling
>be better at talking
>not be pushed so hard

Shit that was difficult.
>>
God the infighting on this boards is fucking retarded on a whole new level. Boleeeb dat!
>>
>>1326847
Seek sunlight ya fucking dweeb
>>
>>1324826
Wasn't Motaro the replacement of Goro in Kahn's amry?
>>
unrelated roll
>>
>>1326850
I already have enough shining trough my window, Internet stranger!
>>
Take that fucking chest armor of his off for starters. That is literally the most unlikable shit about Roman. Why the fuck does he get away with it? Like what's the point of kayfabe when you could you imagine every fucking wrestler wearing fucking body armor?

Fuck this guy
>>
All the babies don't wanna admit how much he has improved in the ring_ that being said - there is always room for a'lil spice

Agree with the masses for once in their saying to change his attire - the Shield is done, and that ridiculous Spider-Man symbol on his chest? Makes ya think Vince is going senile

Heel turn would certainly build steam, but it's not necessary until there is literally no other options to expend

Reigns would do really well in the Intercontinental title picture and WWE should have let him prove his championship presence with such, being that this isn't Back to the Future - and there have been a number of top stars that held the mid-card title even after headlining with the World strap_ it's never too late.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.