[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you welcome the Jam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: electrifying.jpg (41 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
electrifying.jpg
41 KB, 630x420
This seems to be the perfect crowd for this question.

Would you watch a Basketball show modeled after entertainment wrestling?

Like with all the trimmings, faces, heels, smack-talk, cage matches, free(-throw) for all, king of the court, intros, signature moves, backstage hijinks, celebrity appearances, announcers shouting meaningless drivel about "the most electrifying move in sports!". Also skeezy managers, tag teams, branded merchandise, crazy costumes, scripted events... ALL of it.
>>
>>>/sp/
>>
>>1324239
>>1324239
You DO get that I'm not pitching a regular sport type thing, more like one-on-one contests, but done totally like something you'd see on WWE/WWF, or WCW/ECW, or to some smaller extent I suppose, like UFC. It would not be basketball in the same way that E-wrestling isn't olympic wrestling.
>>
mabye if you made the globetrotters thing into a several team league. hard to find that many trickshooters
>>
>>1324262
how about you stop shit posting and go back to >>>/sp/? i would even make the thread for you, if you like.
>>
>3 unique posters
Your on fire OP!
>>
>>1324269
Fuck right off, Queermo del oral. I'm not seeing ANY quality posts from you.

>>1324271
I feel good.
>>
>>1324236
The Harlem globetrotter X
>>
>>1324264
shit, I missed this one.

Yeah, I figure that trick shooters would be the backbone of entertainment b-ball. But I also figure that there are a LOT of people who just aren't pro for one reason or another who would probably SHINE in a 1v1 setting rather than a team thing. Might also be cool to see some kind of Tag-Team event where one guy runs out to spring-board the other up to dunk. Also; I was up VERY late when this idea occurred to me, so that might be why it seemed like something interesting in the moment.
>>
Guess Entertainment Basketball wouldn't be big with the Wrestlmania crowd.
>>
I would give watching it a chance. No guarantees that I would enjoy it though.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.