[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are they importing guys like Nakamura/Styles/KENTA/Balor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
Why are they importing guys like Nakamura/Styles/KENTA/Balor who can wrestle but not talk? Is Hunter trying to turn NXT/WWE into NJPW?
>>
>>1323957
>Nakamura
Huge signing. Name recognition.
>AJ
Huge signing. Name recognition.
>KENTA
Pretty big signing. Name recognition.
>Balor
Dunno.
>>
>>1323957
Appeal to smarks to try and stop the bleeding in attendance and ratings. Hope that they can help these guys build up some charisma. You don't need to be the Rock to get over, as Benoit, Malenko and masked Kane have shown, just be competent at your job and don't shit yourself when you do get on it.
>>
>>1323960
Masked Kane had a pretty decent monster gimmick. Benoit and Malenko weren't really super over with the marks from what I recall, which is why Benoit got more or less buried after his World Championship reign. You also have Hunter pushing for these guys while Vince will most likely bury them once they move up.
>>
>>1323965
>>1323965
Benoit and Malenko were both lauded for their technical skill, just nobody wanted to hear them talk and since they spent most of their time in the midcard nobody really talked about them as much as they would say the Rock, Trips, Austin, Jericho and etc but they had their fanbase. Benoit was one of the best wrestlers in the WWE for a long time and did shit in the ring that really pleased fans.

I wouldn't say he was buried either. He had a few good feuds, he just never really left the midcard, but with how good the midcard was back then that wasn't the same sort of insult it is now. The WWF midcard back in the day consisted of Edge, Christian, APA, The Dudleyz, the Hardy Boyz, Gangrel, and so many more. Not bad company to keep. He was also geared up for another championship run before.. The whole brain finally snapping incident.

They could be trying to revitalize the midcard and stop using it as window dressing for the equally depressingly bad main event.
>>
well they have Roman's starpower and mic skills, they complete him

>obvious sarcasm
>>
>>1323957
>nakamura
Big name
>aj
Biggest name on the list
>kenta
I didn't even know who this nigga was
>balor
Meme club member
>>
File: roppongiviceentrance.gif (3 MB, 450x246) Image search: [Google]
roppongiviceentrance.gif
3 MB, 450x246
>>1323957
no worries hhh is bringing in a team that can cut promos and wrestle the wwe style. .
>>
>>1324154
As much as I'd love to see Roppongi Vice, Time Splitters, Ricochet and Sydal, and even the Young Bucks in a more mainstream format, I wouldn't want WWE to ruin them with shitty booking.
>>
>>1323957
Someone needs to provide seasoning to their boring lockerroom. In return, they get promo classes. How are you this fucking dense?
>>
>>1323959
Are you legitimately implying that Nakamura and Kenta have any sort of name recognition with people that aren't wrestling nerds?
Even AJ Styles is a bit of a leap
>>
Better than pushing a guy who can't wrestle or talk.

Believe That.
>>
>>1323960
>Hope that they can help these guys build up some charisma.

Yeah that Shinsuke kid really needs to work on his charisma that only a WWE run could teach him...

>>1324154
TRENT? was in WWE years ago
>>
>>1325197
You know that there are more countries in this world than just Burgerstan right Yankee?
>>
>>1325211
ha

no there isnt.
>>
Because smarks like them and marks can be made to like them. Money in both cases.
>>
>>1325204
Wrestling in Japan is radically different than wrestling in America. The ways to get over are vastly different. I remind you Sin Cara v1 was over as fuck in Mexico, but here he was a walking Botchamania clip with no charisma.
>>
>>1325239

In fairness, that had as much to do with the utterly stupid Sin Cara mask as it did with Mistico being a lazy arrogant motherfucker.
>>
>nakamura chants during the wm main event
>a match he wasn't involved in
>no name recognition

Nakamura vs. Seth Rollins in Orlando
>>
>>1325239
>comparing Nakamura to Sin "I Botched What Promotion I Work For" Cara
>>
>>1325239
To be fair original Sin Cara was a lazy faggot who didn't bother to learn english nor learn the WWE style more.

He screwed himself, also one of his buddies pulled a gun on Alberto
>>
>>1325262
I'm not, fuck Mistico he was a fag. I'm just using him as an example for the fact that there's work to be done for foreign superstars and saying Shinsuke will have to learn how to work an American crowd isn't as ridiculous as anon was making it seem.

Not that he's the same lazy bitch Sin Cara classic was.
>>
>>1325287
>and saying Shinsuke will have to learn how to work an American crowd

He's been wrestling literally everywhere on the planet for years you schmuck
>>
>>1325268
>Based Alberto going stiff as all fuck on Sin Cara over that shit
It was amazing to watch
>>
>>1325197
Styles isn't a leap at all unless you literally only watch WWE.
>>
>>1325294
Also that one match where Sin Cara broke his finger and wanted to stop the match, which made Del Rio fucking mad because he finished matches with worse things and he just proceeded to stomp the shit out of Sin Cara
>>
>>1325296
Yeah and that's 95% of WWE's viewers

alot of them probably heard of AJ but they can't name you a match he was in
>>
>>1325300
Most of those are the kind of people who will pretend to have known AJ all along just to fit in.
>>
>>1325268
>WWE style
what is this I keep hearing about
>>
>>1325308
Less spotfests and quick stuff, more punches, clotheslines and overally a low amount of moves in a match.
>>
>>1325308
5MoD and excessive kickouts so marks can chant "THIS IS AWE-SOME"
>>
>>1325317
Don't forget the finisher spam.
>>
>>1325308
Like the other two anons said. Also less focus on the wrassling and more character driven things like promos and vignettes.
>>
>>1325323
I'm genuinely trying to think of the last time WWE did an actual vignette that wasn't just a PPV hype reel
>>
>>1325326
The only ones that come to mind are the Sting and Wyatt vignettes a couple years ago.
>>
>>1325316
>Less spotfests
>>
>>1325334
How many indies do you watch, pal?
>>
>>1323959
>Balor
>dunno

founder of the bullet club m8
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.