[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post ITT if you're done with WWE until Summerslam. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8
File: image.png (143 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
143 KB, 800x1000
Post ITT if you're done with WWE until Summerslam.

I'm done, after last night I don't care anymore. I don't even care that Seth is back. Roman is officially worse than Cena.
>>
I'm done but I'll still watch. The only match I was interested in last night was the IC match and even then Miz still won.
>>
I'll probably keep half an eye on it because of Sef and BMJ until MITB but Battleground is easily the most boring PPV of the whole year so I think I'll only tune back in for SS after that.
>>
>>1316925
I don't think I'll stop watching, because there's always at least one angle/talent I'm involved in.
Last night was the IC, Rusev, and now I'm semi-interested in where Seth goes.
It's not like I have to absorb everything WWE each week. I'll just seek out that shit and blank the rest.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160523-111337.jpg (344 KB, 1429x985) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160523-111337.jpg
344 KB, 1429x985
>>
>>1316935
It always astounds me how low people's standards can be.
Then again, they're probably paid off.
>>
>>1316933
Even worse than Fastlane?
>>
The main event was okay until ramen no sold 2 clashes and half a dozen chair shots.
>>
>>1316935
It was a good match, but the outcome was so predictable and they buried Styles so hard that it felt pointless.
>>
>>1316938
>Unironically trying to not enjoy so you can whine that your fav didnt win
>>
>>1316935
The payback match was way better though

this was just the same match except 10 minutes of wandering around the arena and the most predictable finish of all time
>>
>>1316925
Like someone else said there's always at least one thing that gets my interest. The main event scene and Reigns are shit but I can just skip that and only watch the people I like. The IC scene is full of talent and the match last night was great. It's nice to see Rusev be booked properly again too, even if it's only for a couple weeks until lolcenawins. Also still like Charlotte though her reign is starting to get stake.
>>
>>1316963
You know AJ isnt going to ever let you wank him right?
>>
>>1316961
I didn't really have a favourite in that match.
Didn't care
>>
>>1316984
Sure Festus
>>
>>1316988
>Festus

Who
>>
>>1316980
So I have to enjoy every consecutive match more than the last?

I think most people would agree the payback match was better.
>>
>>1316990
Literally 18+
>>
>>1317000
I don't watch much WWE, it's for kids. Is that some old gimmick
>>
File: nobody cares.jpg (101 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
nobody cares.jpg
101 KB, 612x612
I haven't watched a Raw that wasn't after a PPV in years. I keep coming back, catching a stream of the PPV after checking online and doing some catching up, or occasionally tuning in for nostalgia characters like Taker and to see if there's anybody I feel like I could genuinely get behind who isn't buried to all holy hell, but they always are/don't exist.

I haven't enjoyed this shit genuinely and wholly since 2006/2007ish when I finally gave up when my brother stopped watching with me. I'm just here to shitpost and hope things are better one day.
>>
>>1317042
Same, though I tapped out a little later than that. I tapped out around the time Ryder pretty much dragged himself into being over and it looked like the WWE would finally push him, but then they used his overness as a pathetic attempt to get John Cena over by making them buddy buddy and having him save Ryder from big ole bully Kane.

At which case I realized they truly don't have a clue what they're doing anymore and got off. This is the exact sinking ship they were on two times before and there's no territories to buy out or WCW to push them to try something different anymore.
>>
File: bryan.jpg (15 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
bryan.jpg
15 KB, 184x184
>>1317049
>Stopped watching around 2007 when super Cena was winning everything
>Came back at WM 30 because Daniel Bryan was so appealing

Boy that turned out well.
>>
>>1316925
>I'm done

see you next pay per view claiming the same thing

18+ have sex
>>
>>1317065
I don't know man. The ratings HAVE been dropping
>>
>>1317067
>HAHA STUPID SMARKS WILL NEVER STOP WATCHING?
>WAIT WHY ARE YOU ALL NOT WATCHING?
>>
I just watch the PPV's, I haven't watched RAW since Seth got hurt but I was on the verge of quitting even then because the kept making him lose week after week. Roman's matches are so fucking hard to watch because they all have the exact same ending and I have to listen to the commentary pretend the entire arena isn't booing him out of the building or that "at least he gets a reaction! shtick they always do and that spear out of nowhere shit is just so deflating and disappointing. I'm pretty much just watching for the IC belt and Ruru right now.
>>
>>1316935
How the fuck am I supposed to be emotionally invested in any of Roman's matches if they all have the same ending?
>>
File: O240Sud.jpg (57 KB, 640x510) Image search: [Google]
O240Sud.jpg
57 KB, 640x510
>>1317115
>being emotionally invested in fake fighting
>>
>>1317116
>By this logic it's also dumb to be invested in anything else fictional.

No more of that faggot reading for me.
>>
File: donbradshaw.jpg (28 KB, 544x422) Image search: [Google]
donbradshaw.jpg
28 KB, 544x422
why the fuck does this faggot keep repeating 'WHETHER YOU LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM, HE ELICITS RESPONSES. HE'S A MEGA STAR.' type shit
>>
>>1317153
Because they're trying to trick people into thinking he is one.
It's the line they used with Cena. Difference being, Cena genuinely got over as fuck as a babyface before the hate, did a lot more business and had a much greater presence across all forms of media.
Roman's literally just some dude they pinned the belt on that people don't like.
>>
>>1317153
Because that's what Vince is forcing him to say.
>>
>>1317153
Because they're told to. They have a whole like autistic manifesto that got leaked and everything. If they don't follow it they're liable to end up eating shit or becoming the next JR. Nobody wants to be the next JR.
>>
>>1317155

tell me if you disagree, but I think Cena actually has talent and was portrayed at about 3x the star he is while with Reigns it's probably more like 6x the star he is. I really don't see anything good about him.
>>
>these butthurt AJfags
Based Seth AND Roman are having a feud and this is how you repay them
>>
>>1317160
Yeah, Cena's really talented. His booking is every bit as obnoxious as Roman's, but just look at some of the shit Cena has done.
He's had great matches against Umaga, Khali and Ryback in his PPV record.
Roman's only great matches come from people much better than him.
Roman's capable enough to get carried. Cena's talented enough TO carry.
>>
>>1317160
Cena paid his dues, worked through the system and shed his blood for the company. As much as his matches were shit. he had actual good matches under his belt like the I quit match JBL, or his ladder match with Edge and others.

Reigns just sort of showed up and like the Usos go the keys to the company Mercedes because of the fact that their dad's dicks were related to guys who were important to the WWE at some point.

It's Deuce all over again, but this time they didn't realize it was shit and nobody liked it.
>>
>>1316925
Based Seth, Cena and Wyatt coming back soon.

Plus Orton I guess.

I'll start watching Raws again tomorrow actually.
>>
>>1317162
>Based Seth AND Roman
You mean the two guys responsible for the worst ratings since before you were born?
>>
>>1317174

Seth? Really? He's great. Of course Roman is dogshit and anything he is involved in suffers a drop in quality.

>>1317170
When is Orton back?
>>
>>1317176
>When is Orton back?
I think all 4 of those guys are due back within about a month of each other. I'd expect to see him back before the end of June at least.
>>
>>1316942
Fastlane is the build to WrestleMania, it literally is one of the biggest PPV's
>>
File: oh....png (24 KB, 401x91) Image search: [Google]
oh....png
24 KB, 401x91
>>1317183
>it literally is one of the biggest PPV's
>>
>>1316948
If you think Styles was buried from that you are clueless to how wrestling works.
>>
>>1317126
By your own logic you don't get invested in anything because every match ever has the same finish.
>>
>>1317185
Roman kicked out of his finishing move twice, once of which was on a chair.

He then got pinned by a single spear.

Pretty clear burial.
>>
>>1317187
Not the same guy, but is it not sound logic? Do you read the same book over and over or do you find new ones? Do you watch the same movie over and over or do you watch new ones?

The same thing happening over and over will destroy investment especially when it's not that highly regarded to begin with.
>>
>>1317188
>What are power levels
>>
>>1317188
>burial

Lad, AJ literally came in from Japan and was given main event spotlight immediately.
Compare WWE's treatment of this new guy now to what we expected. He kept his name, finisher, style of wrestling, pretty much kept his push, as he went right after the company's top strap.
Just because Roman looks unearthly strong doesn't mean AJ looks shit. He did excellently with ME exposure and got himself really over with an entirely new audience. I doubt the guy himself is complaining about Roman kicking out of some of his moves.
>>
>>1317199
You forget that fangirls feel the need to viciously defend their fav and throw tantrums if he doesnt win. Even when their fav hates them and is embarrassed to see them squeeze into XXL shirts with their name on it.
>>
>>1317185
Im trying to understand how he wasnt buried.

>told to fling himself like a ragdoll everytime reigns touched him

>Oversell punches because its reigns' only offense not called a spear.

>Loses second feud in 3 months

>Reigns kicked out of 2 clashes a super protected move on top of Gallow and Anderson hitting there finisher on top of 6 chair shots on top of a clash on a chair. Literally just kicked out of everything this is some Hulk Hogan level bullshit.
>>
>>1317199
I do agree that it's weak that Reigns kicked out of two Clashes and AJ can't kick out of one spear. The back and forth is what really amps up the drama.

Can you imagine if the Rock hit Stone Cold with two Rock Bottoms only to be put out by one Stunner? Or Shaun going down to one Chokeslam?

Just another cog in the Reigns is unstoppable machine. Not a burial for AJ, but more of the same old shit for Reigns. Just keeping muting them boos I guess.
>>
I'm a big AJ fan since he showed up and I don't feel like he's been buried at all. He's only been here since the rumble and he's main eventing. Do I wish he won last night? Duh. Did I expect it? No.

I hated the spear finish. Boring predictable finish to an excellent match. I'm just happy Seth is back and I hope AJ eventually wins the belt sooner than later.

If Seth takes the belt from Roman, and AJ feuds with Seth? Those matches will be godly.
>>
I was done with WWE after mania. It was the longest and worst booked of all time and pretty much a big fuck you to all the fans. I literally haven't watched a minute of WWE since. Last years summerslam was overly long and filled with bad matches and dumb booking, John Stewart anyone? What makes you guys think this years will be anything less than terrible?

How this terrible product retains any sort of an audience is beyond me. Life is better without WWE trust me.
>>
>>1317215
>Put through tables
>Attacked by Usos

He looked fine. Reigns is the champ you dense fuck.
>>
I only watch PPV's (even NXT has been shite as of late)

You would have to be a literal mad man to watch Raw/Smackdown in full
>>
>>1317243
The champ doesnt need to look unstoppable to be over he needs to be a good wrestler and popular. He is neither of those things.
>>
>>1317248
Its eaay to do when you've reached Wizard status and the only communication you have is on this board. These retards dont realise WWE is meant to be enjoyed casually. PPVs should be watched with friends and beer.
>>
>>1317250
>Tweeners and heels need to be popular

Are you 12?
>>
>>1317164
Roman has had great matches with Big Show and Kane. Bray Wyatt is not better than Reigns in-ring and they had a great match, Lesnar does the same shit all the time now he is stale as fuck yet Reigns had a great match with him. Saying that Reigns isn't great in the ring is delusion.
>>
>>1317253
How is Reigns a fucking tweener? You might have autism.

And heels are popular all the time and it is better for the feuds because of it.
>>
>>1317252
Fuck off normie
>>
>>1317254
LOL
Run along.
>>
>>1317254
>le Roman and big show had a good match meme
>Bray isn't better than Roman in ring
Neck yourself meltz.
>>
>>1317254
Beeg and Kane can carry people to solid matches just because they've been in this business for so many years they know what and how to do to make it work.
>>
>>1317253
>>1317253
>Only the babyfaces should be popular.

Sounds like the 12 year old logic to me. Imagine if everyone had met Chris Jericho, Trips, Shawn Michaels and others as heels with unstoppable odds and they never won anything. I'm sure they'd still be as beloved as they are today.

Admit it.The WWE is just bad at it's main events, I promise the times where the WWE was good won't be barred from you if you admit that.
>>
>>1317256
Do you think Reigns was the face in the AJ feud? Are you legitimately retarded?
>>
>>1317267
It was face vs face
>>
>>1317273
Summer got here early damn
>>
>>1317275
Are you pretending to be retarded? How is a face backed up by faces against a face backed up by heels going to be protrayed as a heel?
>>
>>1317279
>Implying he hasnt been dialling up the jock asshole shtick to trigger smarks
>constantly being too retarded to listen to AJ and just atacking him instead

He isnt a heel but hes clearly not a face.
>>
Yeah I'm just going to check the weekly ratings drop and laugh.

Vince is a petulant child of 70+ years.

''People boo my handpicked talentless guy? Well I'm going to bury their favourite, that'll teach them.''.

Cute. Chants should be a lot more offensive. ''You can't wrestle'' is good for for Bootista. Roman should get ''you are cancer''.
>>
>>1317283
All the commentators put him over, he's so good he's above distinction.

The only heels are the fans who boo him.
>>
>>1317183
kek, it literally is filler to tide people over between the Rumble and Wrestlemania.
>>
>>1317284
Ratings will be up this week due to Rollins returning.

I doubt it lasts though.

If Roman is the champ for the rest of the year we can easily see ratings in the 1.5 range during NFL season.
>>
>>1317291
>the fans are the heels

State of this /wwe/ cuck
>>
>>1317409
>Rollins
>Not going to reach a new RECORD LOW like he did last year
>>
I haven't watched a single raw since the one PPV where Sheamus cashed in. That card was so predictable, even down to the cash in.

Now I just watch PPVs, so that i'm only disappointed once a month instead of once a week. I skip the main events though. Just reading Roman's Hulk Hogan tier booking in these threads make me angry. I can't imagine actually seeing that shit.
>>
>>1317176
Fuck off, fag.
>>
>>1317433
Reigns is already edging close to the record lows
>>
>>1317458
Nowhere close to Rollins 2.4
>>
File: 1460608391212.gif (2 MB, 380x214) Image search: [Google]
1460608391212.gif
2 MB, 380x214
>>1317254
>Bray Wyatt is not better than Reigns in-ring

this is some real good bait you got here
>>
>>1316925
Nah I'm going to stick around to see Jasethy job to Roman.
>>
>>1317469
Found the fatty
>>
>>1317464
ROMAN 2.2 SAYS I JUST BROKE YOUR RECORD

http://prowrestling.net/site/2016/04/26/wwe-raw-rating-for-the-april-25-edition/
>>
Extreme Rules was pretty good.

Everyone getting mad is still a teen or a new viewer I assume.

When you grow up you will start enjoying wrestling for the matches and not just who wins/loses.
>>
>>1317485
Hang yourself, gramps
>>
>>1317485
>>1317486
tbf he's right tho
and I ain't even an old viewer or anything, but it's way better when you understand that the company's true display of faith isn't win/loss, it's TV time
>>
UNPINNABLE ROMAN
>>
>>1317479
Rollins drew 2.4 for his SEGMENT, not the episode. Lowest Reigns segment was a 2.8 against a play off.
>>
>>1317486

I just dont get why people get so angry about who wins, then they have the audacity to call themselves smarks when they are really just marks but for heels or indy guys.

The main event was a great match, finish was a bit silly but still enjoyable overall.
>>
>>1317485
I'm 100% sure your birth year is 199-
>>
>>1317497
>finish was a bit silly
That's an understatement.

I wouldn't be as upset but holy shit did they ever push Roman is an unstoppable Superman.
>>
>>1317153
Because he forgot he's a heel or he forgot reigns is a face, or he forgot he had any integrity at all, or he forgot about the nature of kayfabe, or he forgot his testicles at home and he can't tell vince he's being a retard, or he forgot that he already said that shit last week and the week before and the week before that.

I bet that nigga says it when he's watching smackdown at home. Straight up I bet he interrupts Lauler to do his bullshit speech about whether you love him or you hate him blah blah blah.

I wish JBL well in his future endeavours.
>>
I hate Roman so much I actually marked out for Rollins.
>>
>>1317543

It was silly cause it made AJ look dumb as fuck, they book so many finishes like this.

If he had gone for the spiral tap and missed then got speared it wouldnt have been so bad but just standing outside the ring waiting for Roman to recover and stand up is retarded.
>>
>>1317615
It would have been worse because AJ is fucking old now and the missing the Spiral Tap would fucking destroy his body.
>>
>>1317476
so I'm guessing you found a mirror
>>
>>1317418
>I can't into sarcasm
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.