[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bryan and Vinny Extreme Rules review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aNSqy2-CIQ

For those who want the highlights

>Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows vs The Usos got an average rating said it could have been a little bit better if it had like 10 more minutes.

>Bryan Alvarez has now put Kalisto on his top 3 most hated WWE performers on his shitlist saying how he hates Kalisto “formulaic” offense and his lack of selling ability saying he’s on the same shit level as Dolph. He even said the US Championship match was worse than the Cage Match that happened later in the show

>Alvarez bitches about how he has better wrestling ability and selling ability then Kalisto...At this point of the review I fucking died with laughter at this fucking delusion.

>Alvarez buries The Vaudevillians saying how its almost comedic how Vince approved of this “out of touch” gimmick that is drawing no buys. Bryan is also concerned that Big E might have sprained his arm after that middle rope spear.

>Alvarez’s continued hatred of The Miz continues since lat month saying how if you were to have removed Miz from that Fatal 4-way it would have accomplished nothing.

>Vinny buries the kayfabe stupidity of Dean Ambrose saying how creative keeps trying to market him as a comedy wrestler facing against the serious threat which was Jericho. This match was given a 10 minute extension because there was originally going to be a scene involving Shane/Stephanie/Vince but it was cut because that would mean the PPV would have to go into overtime.

>Alvarez says he could be a better WWE commentator than anyone currently on payroll

>Alvarez calls the Internet wrestling community a bunch of geeks who’re needlessly angry about how why even care that WWE doesn’t protect finishers since New Japan protected The Styles Clash but WWE doesn’t give a shit?

>Roman’s level of apathy from the crowd is described as “Meta Heat” the same kind of retarded logic people use to defend Eva Marie
>>
>>1316739
This Bryan guy seems like a pompous twat desu
>>
>>1316739
>Alvarez calls the Internet wrestling community a bunch of geeks who’re needlessly angry about how why even care that WWE doesn’t protect finishers
how many times has somebody kicked out of Roman's spear
>>
>>1316744

Bryan is notorious for having objectively wrong opinions where his background in wrestling knowledge comes from being a former jobber on the garbage indie circuit

You wanna talk about Outlel wrestling Bryan epitomizes it fully
>>
>>1316746

I can remember a bunch actually and The Superman Punch which I think is Roman's actual finisher kind of like Styles Phenominal Forearm

Roman just does the Spear to make it look ridiculous looking.
>>
>>1316739
I guess Alvarez missed the entire finish of the Kalisto match where he sold him hitting the apron like he died

>>1316746
Lesnar (two) and Dean (one)
>>
>>1316744
he was right about kalisto and thats it
>>
>>1316749
What company are you watching? The only people who kicked out of the spear ever was Lesnar and Ambrose. Even HHH got pinned by the first one
>>
>>1316750

What Bryan was bitching about was on Raw (which he needs to take into consideration no one is gonna remember every little detail about Raw like some flaming super autist) Kalisto was selling a Kayfabe back injury and was only selling said injury near the ending of the match and not at all during the majority of the match itself
>>
>>1316744
Pretty much is, he basically thinks he knows all and is the god of wrestling knowledge because he used to job through the indies. Thus making him the only person who can critique anything.

The whole you can't tell somebody something sucks unless you're a part of it mentality.
>>
>>1316754
Taker kicked out when he was in The Shield I'm pretty sure but that's it
>>
>>1316751

Worse than the cage match? Not even close. The worst match on the card was the one he won't be talking about until he reviews the PPV again w/ Dave and that was Ziggler/Corbin

Every time Ziggler/Corbin have a match together the workrate drops into the fucking toilet and its because WWE invests so little time into its midcard its trying to treat these midcard matches as knockoff PWG openers where the only workrate that happens is just moves.
>>
>>1316756

I also love how he should know by now about all his bullshit and yet his final response thru his inability to answer is he just blocks them on Twitter and The Observer

What a fucking mark he should be the head mod of /asp/
>>
What do people get out of listening to these two? Why are they so popular instead of two random people on twitter doing their own podcast? And when Meltzer is on it's even worse, he get's asked about the pre show match then says y'know 50 times and starts talking about how Macho Man was great for headlining house shows in the 80s or some shit.
>>
>>1316758
oh no i didnt mean it was a bad match i just meant kalisto is pretty bad
>>
>>1316765

Because name another podcast group that has over a million people literally paying to have their opinions on wrestling
>>
>>1316765
Wrassler appeal. People will always go to guys who were in the industry in any form because dirt sheets and shoots etc etc. It doesn't matter if you were a jobber in CZW. If you have any pro wrestling chops you can bet some modicum of people will listen to you talk no matter how asinine.
>>
>>1316771
That's exactly why I'm asking, I don't understand why they're the most notable podcast out of any other one.
>>
>>1316766

Kalisto has been pissing me off lately why is he consistently botching in all of his goddamn matches it's become a habit to recurring to just ignore
>>
Razors edge should be Romans new finisher. Dam that set up looked good
>>
File: Wrestling fans.jpg (197 KB, 1261x476) Image search: [Google]
Wrestling fans.jpg
197 KB, 1261x476
>>1316739
>I have taken everything out of context because I have no attention span and hate people more successful than me.

Ya dun goofed OP.
>>
>>1316777

Roman should have some kind of AA/F5 knockoff to complete the transition of becoming John Cena
>>
That's not what Bryan said at all about. kalisto you fucking idiot.

He said what was the point on doing that back injury angle on Raw when he didn't bother to sell it for the match.

He also said the match was GOOD

He made the correct point in that WWE doesn't protect moves

Fucking listen to the damn show

You all are idiots. Holy shit.
>>
>>1316779
How in any way is Roman like john Cena. He's more like.lesnar than anything
>>
File: dave meltzer in japan.png (471 KB, 592x388) Image search: [Google]
dave meltzer in japan.png
471 KB, 592x388
>>1316774
Brand recognition via Dave Meltzer, that's all. It's silly to say to something like that, but gotta remember how long Meltzer has been around covering wrestling (and boxing & MMA)

As far as Bryan Alvarez goes, Botchamania (MINUS FIVE STARS) helped with his popularity
>>
>>1316774
Because Dave has ran the most respected newsletter about pro wrestling and MMA for decades?
>>
>>1316783
Reigns spear is 100% protected. Taker (when Reigns was in the shield) Lesnar and Dean are the only people who kicked out. I'm still in shock that Ambrose kicked out.
>>
>>1316785

>Roman is like Brock Lesnar

Brock is nothing like Roman
>>
>>1316786
I guess that makes sense

>>1316787
Weren't they around before Dave was on the show? I'm talking moreso Bryan/Vinny than Meltzer, I understand why people would listen to Meltzer but I don't think he's a good speaker.
>>
>>1316788
>100% protected
>Names instances where people kicked out

Do you know what 100% means?
>>
>>1316757
Yeah, but that was before the ramen received Reign of Terror push. If Taker took on ramen for the championship I'd guarantee you that Taker would eat the pin just to make ramen look strong.
>>
>>1316791
100% protected as in it's protected.

Was Hogan's leg drop protected? Did people kick out of Hogan's leg drop?
>>
>>1316783
Shut up faggot, why don't you suck his fucking dick if you love him so goddamn much? Fucking idiot. He's a fucking jobber and doesn't know a fucking thing about what he's talking about no matter what his dick feels like in the back of your throat.

Why don't you learn a fucking thing or two before you run your retarded mouth?
>>
>>1316790
Bryan had his Figure Four Weekly newsletter and is a former wrestler and so is Vinny so they actually know what they're talking about when it comes to basic wrestling logic
>>
>>1316739

>meta heat

So I could stand in the ring doing literally nothing for 30 minutes and be considered the greatest heel of all time?
>>
>>1316798
Someone is mad

How about you listen to the damn show?

How many bumps have you taken?
>>
>>1316797
100% means no one would EVER kick out

That is Burning Hammer level of protected
>>
>>1316739
Serious question: why do people care about ehat they think?
>>
>>1316801

Now to be fair...Jericho, Bret Hart and Eddie Guerrero have all attempted this
>>
File: 1462840614912.jpg (92 KB, 349x539) Image search: [Google]
1462840614912.jpg
92 KB, 349x539
>>1316799
>>1316802
>he's a failed indie jobber and you aren't
>therefore his opinions aren't completely retarded
>>
>>1316802
Bryan won't love you just because you sucked his dick online.

Being a retard is evident to everyone. You don't have to be a professional chef to know when the food you're eating is shit, you don't have to be a jobber in shittier shows than CZW to know anything about wrassling.

As Bryan shows since he was a jobber and knows nothing and is a bastard.
>>
>>1316803
No, 100% protected means that it's protected without a doubt. Anyone who says WWE doesn't protect moves is lying because Romans spear exists.
>>
>>1316804

It's like an after dinner mint after a long PPV or Taping it's good to know if they know something we dont
>>
>>1316802
I guess Machine Gun Kelly and Kevin Federline know more about wrestling than Meltzer Wheres footage of Meltzer taking a bump? I can give you videos of MGK and K-Fed
>>
>>1316807
His opinion is more valid because he was an actual wrestler.

If I want my car fix I'll go to a mechanic, not some random geek who thinks he is a car guy because he read car magazines
>>1316808
18+
Did you listen to the show? Because what OP said isn't what he said in the show
>>
>>1316807
That's a fat guy
>>
>>1316816
>If I want my car fix I'll go to a mechanic
Exactly

you wouldn't go to some guy who tried to fix a bicycle once 10 years ago and broke it
>>
>>1316811
What the fuck are you talking about? You don't know what 100% means. If someone kicks out, it isn't always protected
>>1316815
Meltzer sure as hell knows more about it than you fools especially since how regarded he is.
>>
>>1316819
Kekd
>>
>>1316819
He actually wrestled for ten years. He wasn't some back yard tard

Somehow you know more than him?
>>
>>1316816
But if you knew your friend had studied cars all his life but never actually became a mechanic you'd still trust his opinion because he knows what he's talking about and he didn't actually have to be a mechanic to know how.
>>
>>1316825

He might as well have been Bryan hasn't wrestled in a single promotion that mattered
>>
>>1316823
That guy implied that since Bryan took bumps he's credible. I've never seen Meltzer take a bump, but I've seen Pete Rose take a few. I guess I should listen to Pete Roses opinion about wrestling over Daves
>>
>>1316823
No finisher is 100% protected in the way you're talking about. Being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse will get you nowhere.

It's protected. Only a handful of superstars have even kicked out of it. You cannot find me a single finisher that hasn't been kicked out of once at any level of wrestling. It's simply not how wrestling functions in it's story.

A finisher being impossible to kick out of ends all drama that could be built up in a PPV or a Main Event.
>>
>>1316826
Friend isn't a certified mechanic. Stop with this reaching.

Show me where his wrestling knowledge is flawed in how a match is supposed to go and worked and what he doesn't know about fundementals
>>
>>1316831
Agreed he's being an asshat, but no one has ever kicked out of the burning hammer.
>>
>>1316832
Bullshit. I bet you've never turned down food based on disliking it either because you don't cook right?
>>
>>1316833
wasn't burning hammer used only a few times though? It was definitely under 10, he rarely used it. It's like calling Ortons RKO off the top rope a finisher.
>>
>>1316831
I'm talking about the guy saying it's 100% protected. Fucking read.
>>1316830
And Meltzer is highly regarded in the industry regadless and has more credibility than any person bitching about him on here or TNAMecca

OP is a faggot for blatantly lying about what they said about the ppv
>>
>>1316839
I think the count is seven, if I'm remembering right.

But it still should count. It's a distinct move, and it's only ever used to end matches. That's a finisher.
>>
>>1316836
>Because you don't know how to cook

Which is why I don't make complex meals

Tell me where and why Bryan is wrong without just saying herp derp he's wrong
>>
>>1316823
If I say someone is 100 percent lying, does that mean they've lied throughout their whole existence? If you say yes you're an idiot
>>
>>1316840
I am too, you know damn well what he means when he says it's 100% protected. Anything else is being obtuse.

No finisher is 100% protected in the way you are talking about, so NOBODY protects finishers then. That's what your logic dictates.

He's saying that 100% without a shadow of a doubt it is being protected. Not that it's 100% never broken. This is basic speech and looking like you don't understand basic usage of phrases isn't better than being wrong.
>>
>>1316844
Those aren't comparable

His move is more like 90% protected since people still have kicked out

Learn some shit please
>>
>>1316843
Well he's wrong on the fact that they don't protect their finishers. Sorry, people kick out of finishers sometimes it's gonna happen for the sake of dramatic story telling. You'd think a big smart hero like Bryan would know that, but I can see where he was mistake given that he wasn't allowed to kick out of anything.
>>
>>1316845
No you don't because you don't know what phrases mean
>>
>>1316847
>>1316847
I said that Reigns spear is 100% protected so it must mean that nobody ever kicked out
I said that someone is 100% a liar so that means that they've lied their entire life. Same thing according to your logic
>>
>>1316852
>>1316847
See

>>1316845
>>1316844

Pretending like you're retarded at basic English doesn't make you right. It just makes you look stupid to even more people.

>If I just keep saying that's not true to everybody who calls me out on it I'll be right!
>>
Are you autistic fucks actually arguing about a tv show that is fucking fake?
>>
>>1316851
When people KICK OUT OF FINISHERS they are NOT protected.

Styles Clash in New Japan was protected because NO ONE kicked out of it for over a year

Obviously you all think for some reason that because you win with a move that means it is "protected" when that's not what the fucking term means
>>
>>1316858

This isn't /sp/
>>
>>1316860
>Nobody kicked out of it in over a year.

But then somebody did kick out of it. So it wasn't protected by that very same logic.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-23-05-28-11.png (173 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-23-05-28-11.png
173 KB, 540x960
>>1316855
>Telling me to see my own comment

Dipshits this is what I'm saying. Using the phrase 100% is wrong and makes you look fucking dumb
>>
>>1316867
>Telling me to see my own comments.
>None of the comments under see are yours.

We got ourselves a MENSA member here.
>>
>>1316867
Fucking kek
>>
>>1316864
It was PROTECTED FOR A YEAR so obviously that PROTECTION ENDED after that year

Jesus christ did school let out already? Why can't you comprehend?
>>
>>1316870
kek
>>
>>1316870
Whats a mensa?
>>
>>1316873
That same logic dictates that they do protect his finisher, just to a shorter, less autist degree.

Protect it to til the PPVs/big matches where all bets are off, it's a good plan that's worked for longer than Bryan has been alive. Hell, before Vinny Mac even got his tentacles on the WWE. It's good for the sake of story telling and doesn't basically end the match and involvement in the seconds it takes to do it. Keeps people on the edge of their seats as corny as it is.

It's a good tactic for involvement no matter how much he cries about it.
>>
>>1316799
Bryan had a newsletter since 1995. He's been covering this stuff for 20 years.
He knows tons of insiders too.
And his rants are hilarious.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.