[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
about karate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: karate.jpg (71 KB, 741x651) Image search: [Google]
karate.jpg
71 KB, 741x651
How do I identify and avoid a Mc dojo?
>>
>>1310209

http://www.karatebyjesse.com/93-signs-of-a-mcdojo/
>>
File: Mirrors-Edge-Dropkick.gif (1015 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Mirrors-Edge-Dropkick.gif
1015 KB, 500x281
>>1310231
>http://www.karatebyjesse.com/93-signs-of-a-mcdojo/
>80. Your sensei teaches crescent kicks as disarming techniques for handguns and knives.
B-but Faith did that in in a cut scene in Mirror's Edge 1...
>>
File: use your brain.jpg (54 KB, 638x189) Image search: [Google]
use your brain.jpg
54 KB, 638x189
>>1310231
>http://www.karatebyjesse.com/93-signs-of-a-mcdojo/
>use your brain
This.
It's not rocket surgery.
>>
>>1310601
> Rocket Surgery
>>
>>1310832
I sexually identify as a bio-mechanic weaponized rocket, and I find your post offensive.
>>
>>1310209
If they spar full contact it's probably goi f. If not it's probably bad.
>>
>>1310601
Actually retard. It is rocket surgery especially if you don't know anything about combat sports
>>
THANK YOU BASED SETH

>ONE PEDIGREE
ONE PEDIGREE
>ONE PEDIGREE
ONE PEDIGREE
>>
>>1310231
>4. You are awarded black belt in 1-2 years.
Do some actually do this?
Here regardless of age it's always 1 year per grade, maybe if too ahead the first one or two get skipped
>>
File: 1431919613120.jpg (113 KB, 448x545) Image search: [Google]
1431919613120.jpg
113 KB, 448x545
>>1310231
>67. Your grandmaster has a habit of dating students.
>79. Your sensei adds/changes/removes techniques when he feels like it. Which is basically every week.
Reminds me a lot of the main teacher of a class I teach in. He's always trying to score with 40+ years old and always forgets (thus changes and hopes no one notices) moves, the older students always hope he doesn't take them to the side and teach them
>>
>>1315963
you can get a blackbelt at the kodokan inside of a year. It's a total mcdojo
>>
>>1310231
>4. You are awarded black belt in 1-2 years.
Martial artists often suffer from not educated in basic psychology syndrome when it comes to stuff like this.
Some people just acquire knowledge, skill, and understanding, at a higher rather than others, often because they're just smarter than other people.
The same thing applies to martial arts.

Because of the emphasis developed societies place on formal academic education, it's often seen in education and not martial arts. It's also because nobody gives a shit about martial arts to begin with.

http://www.teachthought.com/uncategorized/the-10-youngest-college-students-of-all-time/
>>
>>1316288
my karate teacher got his black belt in under 3 years. I have been with him for 12 years and don't even have my brown belt yet.
>>
File: Muay_Thai_by_Marchibial_Arts.jpg (369 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Muay_Thai_by_Marchibial_Arts.jpg
369 KB, 1280x1024
>>1316288
>It's also because nobody gives a shit about martial arts to begin with.
In America and the UK, anyway.
People gives a pretty good shit about Muay Tai in Thailand.

It's pretty gay I can go down to the local park and play a game of Basketball with the guys there, but there're no martial artists in sight anywhere to even do some point sparring with.

If only America replaced Basketball and Football with Boxing and Wrestling, or even better, replace Basketball, Football, Baseball, and Hokey, with MMA.
>>
File: gif-6.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gif-6.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>1316288
>>1316323
All while with Japan, the Country with the highest average IQ, they have Sumo as the national sport, along with Judo, Karate, and Kendo, being very popular with many practitioners.

It's like America and the UK are playing Fetch while Japan is doing MMA.
>>
>>1316288
There's just too much to perfect to do it in an year. For a black belt there should be around 9 katas to know, and every one of them should be learned how to be applied during a fight. Only way I could understand is if they trained every day. Then it's fine, as a black belt is supposed to be a "he got the basics" mark
>cherrypicking 10 people out of hundreds of millions
>>
File: America.gif (846 KB, 460x280) Image search: [Google]
America.gif
846 KB, 460x280
>>1316338
>It's like America and the UK are playing Fetch while Japan is doing MMA.
>>
>>1316338
is there a more pure competition than sumo? just try to push the other guy out of an area. it's really a perfect sport
>>
>>1316341
>cherrypicking 10 people out of hundreds of millions
Those are just the youngest.
There are literally thousands of people who were just a little older than them who have gotten college degrees and or graduated from high school early.

There are literally millions of people who graduate high school a year or two earlier than a majority of their peers.
>>
>>1316341
>>cherrypicking 10 people out of hundreds of millions
They are, or if they're dead, were, walking, talking, living proofs of concept.
>>
>>1310209
Add kyokushin to the search and see if they actually spar. Surefire way, but you could get your ass beat too.
>>
File: animated_karate_man.gif (22 KB, 120x55) Image search: [Google]
animated_karate_man.gif
22 KB, 120x55
>>1316363
>Add kyokushin to the search and see if they actually spar.
Or, you know, Goju.
>>
>>1316383
this guy gets it
>>
>>1316383
Fuck off goju guy. Go back to pretending to be stabbed.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.