[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Stings career is over, what are your thoughts on his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: sting-wrestler-wallpapers.jpg (214 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
sting-wrestler-wallpapers.jpg
214 KB, 1280x800
Now that Stings career is over, what are your thoughts on his decades long run? How do you view him in retrospect as both as a performer and in general.

Best bits, matches, gimmicks, etc...
What are you thoughts on Sting? Good or bad.
>>
never watched wcw as a kid.
the few matches I saw of him in tna was fun
his wwe career was handled god awfully.

why the fuck did they feel the need to bring up the monday night war during his feud with HHH is beyond me given you know...they already won the monday night war
>>
File: 1460014303071.gif (1 MB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
1460014303071.gif
1 MB, 200x113
>we never got to see Taker vs Sting both in their prime
>>
>>1302543
He was the last WCW alumni they needed to bury

Just Paul and Vince stroking their egos as usual
>>
>>1302537
Meme wrestler that just ran around really fast to mask his lack of talent
Least talented member of the BladeRunners
Best bit was when he didnt talk for a year
Worst sharpshooter ever, including The Rock
Killed Rick Rude

Tldr
Fuck Stink
>>
>>1302547
Would have only been interesting during Taker's heel run with the Ministry
>>
>>1302551
Didn't Rick Rude kill Rick Rude because he couldn't get a stiffy?
>>
>>1302551
this, stink is an overrated hack
>>
>>1302547
This meme needs to end.

Taker was le spooky man for 95% of his career. Sting was le spooky man for a year. Booking this would have worked in 1997 ONLY.
>>
>>1302561
Dont reply to me ever again
>>
>>1302593
Or what. Gonna cry ya nerd?
>>
Sting is a top 5 GOAT
>>
>>1302551
18+
>>
>>1302551
18+ to post here
>>
>>1302627
Honestly, he is. If he isn't in your top 10, at the least, I'm not sure you're an American wrestling fan. The best thing about The Stever is he was able to repackage himself over the decades to keep himself fresh.

Unpopular Opinion: His TNA run was his best run.
>>
>>1302537
The best wrestler in WCW history, LOLTNA, and the Haitch shovel.
>>
>>1302537
Quite frankly, he was overrated.

He was not a great wrestler, or a great promo. He did have a good look, but even that part of him had to be protected a lot of the time. He wrestled with a shirt on for most of the 2nd half of his career.

Sting always seemed like a man afraid of ever being seen as less than the top star of promotion, and he was so dedicated to this idea he would rather be a big fish in the small pond of TNA than go to WWE.

If he had gone to the WWE I think he would have had better matches because he would have had more to live up to, and better people to work with than Jeff Hardy.

His WCW work with Ric Flair is the highlight of his career, for me.
>>
>>1302547
Well they did actually have a match. Its just unfortunate that there is no footage.

WCW @ Greensboro 1990. Sting (c) vs Mean Mark Callous (Now known as the Undertaker) for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
>>
>>1302551
>implying Warrior had in ring skill
>>
>>1302839
It always struck me as silly when he explained why he didn't go. He almost did, but when Booker T showed up the Rock said "Who the hell are you..." and he felt like it was disrespectful and the WCW wouldn't get used properly.

Except that was the Rock's shtick. Go back and watch Goldberg's debut. He wasn't half the wrestler Sting was and the Rock sold that spear like he got hit by a fucking tank.

In the end I think you're absolutely right in that he was probably a bigger mark for his own character than people realize or care to admit.
>>
>>1302665

That depends which part of his TNA run. Feuding against the first incarnation of the Main Event Mafia was good. Joker Sting was not.
>>
>>1303577

>Joker Sting

Oh Jesus Christ that was terrible. If I wanted to hear witless idiots parrot Dark Knight quotes years after anyone stopped caring, I'd come to 4Chan.

Per example

>You wanna know how I got these scars?
>My father was a garbage wrestler... And a fiend
>One night he starts blading, heavier than usual
>Mommy calls the doctors to stop the bleeding. He doesn't like that
>Not
>One
>Bit
>So, me watching, he takes the razor to her, calling spots while he does it!
>When he hits her with his finisher, he turns to me in the corner
>"Why so vanilla?"
>He starts walking towards me
>"Why so VANILLA?!"
>He holds the razor to my forehead
>"LET'S ADD SOME COLOR TO THIS MATCH!"
>And... Why so vanilla?
>>
>>1303587
he.. he didn't actual cut this promo did he? Please tell me this is an dramatization to prove a point. I don't want to live in a world where this was said by anybody, let alone Sting.
>>
>>1303591

Naw, I made up that stupid bullshit. I'm 99% certain he didn't cut a promo like that.

>It's not who you are under the face paint, but what you do that defines you.

>You know what I noticed?
>No one ever panics when things go according to booking. Even if the booking is horrible!
>For example, if I tell you that Jay Lethal will job to Ric Flair in 2010, people won't bat an eye.
>But if one little championship match has to have a shoot finish because the challenger is too stoned to work, then everyone loses their minds!
>>
>>1303577
>>1303587
>joker sting
>bad

https://youtu.be/Wbm08GhgKEg
>>
blonde hair sting>crow sting
>>
>>1303569
Retarded post because Sting was not wrong, whether it was Rock's gimmick or not.
>>
>>1303606
He really did say "why so serious?" a couple of times tho.
>>
>>1303629
t. smark response.

He would have been treated like royalty. Goldberg was treated with far more respect than his abilities warranted. He lost the passion for it and quit.
>>
>>1303634
>>>1303629
>t. smark response.
>He would have been treated like royalty. Goldberg was treated with far more respect than his abilities warranted. He lost the passion for it and quit.
Pfffff hi hunter!
>>
He screwed his legacy debuting in the wwe. HHH and vince buried him but im sure he needed his money.
>>
>>1302627
Iirc even ric flair said sting could've been the greatest if he had been on the right side of the ratings wars
>>
>>1303642
he didn't want to win

shouldn't have been a match with hhh though if you want to lose your first mania match having a young cocky heel beat you is probably better than god damn king of kings
>>
File: Angry_Pepe.jpg (39 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Angry_Pepe.jpg
39 KB, 900x900
>>1303642
apparently HHH should have lost every single match at mania, otherwise ''he's burying people''

ffs he lost 50% of his mania matches

>he should have lost to Booker T too.
nope Booker wasn't over enough back than
>he should have lost to The Rock in the f4w
god forbid WWF was unpredictable
>he should have lost to Sting
Sting wasn't made look weak through the match, which for someone who's past 50 is a lot

Career wise, he represents the peak of WCW and Vince almost going out of business
His storyline vs the NWO was great, though Hogan had to screw up the ending

>WWE buried WCW starts

let's see:
-Booker earned his spot
-Steiner botched it
-Nash tore his quad
-Goldberg buried half of the roster in a 1 year run

The only guy WWE actually buried was RVD and he wasn't from WCW.
>>
>>1303654
>nope Booker wasn't over enough back than

dumb frogposter

What babyface on RAW was more over than Booker?

Austin just returned and ended up retiring that night plus HBK was still part-time and already had a run with big gold.

Why did HHH need the world title for his dogshit Nash feud?
>>
>>1303668
Hurricane was the top merch seller in 2003 after Austin and Rock.

So yeah.. him but he wasn't main event material, thus nobody. Booker got to have the title match but I doubt he should have gone over.

Popularity wise he was below Hurricane and RVD.

HHH went over and it was probably right that way. If Goldberg or Sting had been around then yeah they could have gone over.

It still makes no sense the whole ''HHH buried ppl''

He lost clean at mania to the Ultimate Warrior, Kane, Undertaker (three times), Benoit, Batista, Roman, Cena, Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan

his record is 9-10, negative, worse than any other main event star, what more do you guys want?
He's the biggest wrestlemania jobber.
>>
>>1303683
> merch sales are literally the only metric that determines who should main event

underage Cena babby pls go

> he's completely fine with a feud where the racist aristocratic heel beats the African-American babyface looking for redemption
>>
>>1303654
You are one stupid idiot. I hope nothing but pain and misery come your way.
>>
>>1303606
this is great
>>
Anymore joker sting videos, they are so embarrassing but so funny
>>
>>1303683
> muh merch sales
Booker was the closest GOAT nigger there ever was or ever will be
>>
>>1303705
>racist

oh god really? Go back to whatculture you stupid cuck.

OMG Attitude era so offensive

there was never any racist element in Trips promos

>>1304048
I like Booker a lot but once again, in 2003 he wasn't over enough.
Merch sales, crowd pops and ratings have always been how you see if someone is over or not (except now that they are all falling and Vince has decided they do not matter anymore for Roman).

Until Goldberg came, Booker was only third as top face of Raw.
His bad luck was to have become big only in 2000 when WCW was already down the toilet.
>>
>>1304048
Nope. That was Ernie Ladd.

https://youtu.be/hlx7ejs6-Rw
>>
>>1304190
> 2003
> Attitude Era

Your age wasn't even in double-digits when WrestleMania XIX happened, was it?
>>
Sting is my favorite wrestler ever, but he wasted 15 years of WWE paychecks because he was too scared to play with the big boys. I don't buy that he wanted to spend time with his family, no man wants that.
>>
>>1305943
Just because your Dad never returned from buying milk over a decade ago doesn't mean everybody's is like that, bud.
>>
>>1305888
>40
writing on an image board
>>
>>1303654
The problem is how he won against booker.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.