[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyone more overrated than the Undertaker? His most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: images (1).jpg (5 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5 KB, 192x263
Is there anyone more overrated than the Undertaker?

His most memorable matches consist of his opponent carrying the match. He only ever put other people's lives in danger as well (Foley, Shane, HBK).

Seriously, this lanklet is all hype. No charisma, 2 gimmicks (1 failed), basic ring skill, muh 5 minute entrance. Fuck him.
>>
Are you fucking serious, m8? Taker is GOAT
>>
Taker himself said he didn't want to get to a point where fans would say to their kids, "Man he used to be awesome."

We passed that point a while ago
>>
>>1299520
He's based as fuck, but he's overrated MASSIVELY by the WWE themselves, as they sometimes cite him as the actual GOAT.
Like, at best, he's a Top 15 guy, but there are just too many names ahead of him to make that assertion anything but laughable.
>>
>>1299563

Last year was his worst fucking year as a performer and that match with Shane REALLY showed how old he is and how he really shouldn't be doing this anymore. Good lord.
>>
I actually wish he retired years ago with streak still intact.

I'm a big Taker mark myself but seeing him currently, with his awful hair, his dad belly and his overall ring performance is just saddening. Taker, please stop.
>>
File: ny4TwpM.gif (3 MB, 548x431) Image search: [Google]
ny4TwpM.gif
3 MB, 548x431
Taker is the realest nigga that ever was in WWE
>>
>>1299581
Streak dying in the way it did was perfect, and accented WM30 wonderfully. That entire feeling of utter damnation, with the air completely sucked out of the place, and the energy getting rushed back into it when DBry revived the stadium was incredible.
He should have stayed gone for WM31 and came back at 32 for a legit retirement match.
>>
>>1299520
Kys ya reddit manlet nerd mark
>>
>>1299587
>use Lesnar to break the streak
>nuclear heat
>put Lesnar with nuclear heat against BMJ
>BMJ who gets constantly fucking booed to shit and everyone is tired of his superman booking
>Lesnar oliberates Cena
>within not even a year Lesnar goes from the most hated man in WWE to one of the most beloved

Sometimes this booking can get you fucking confused my man
>>
>>1299591
I think Bork with the title is something that should've waited until WM32 as well, honestly.
Have Seth outright fail his cash-in because he gets mauled, Lesnar beat whatever competition at 31 and just test the waters until 32 rolls around, then throw whatever Face is fiery against Lesnar to dethrone him.
WWE plans their shit out way too strictly, whenever they have to leave that framework they're invariably fucked.
>>
>>1299591
I'm guessing that they really wanted to make him a heel, given his match with Punk, but the crowd just wouldn't have it I guess
>>
Its kind of sad really, his matches against Brock at SummerSlam and Hell in a Cell were really good, but he should have retired at WM28
>>
>>1299588
kys ya 5'6 beta
>>
>>1299601
It's not really their fault. The original plan was for him to beat DBry at SS.
He had legit heat post-Taker, and only became beloved for murdering Cena. If the plans went through, and he went from killing Taker to DBry, he'd have gone over huge as a Heel, as intended.
>>
File: teddy-long-07.jpg (72 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
teddy-long-07.jpg
72 KB, 512x288
You will go one-on-one... with THE UNDERTAKER!
>>
>>1299520
No, not really.
If WWE had never tried to play him off as a legend then he wouldn't be considered this amazing GOAT worker of all time. They've literally programmed people into thinking he was good.
>>
File: guide.jpg (48 KB, 720x359) Image search: [Google]
guide.jpg
48 KB, 720x359
>>1299696
>>
he wrestles like he's underwater
>>
>>1299720

this flowchart makes no sense
>>
>>1299725
Fits then
>>
>>1299520
Agree. Fuck this hack.
>>
Jesus, this whole site is complete contrarian garbage. I'm out.
>>
>>1299746
is that you Mark Calaway?
>>
He really should have retired with HBK in that wrestlemania match or after Brock kicked his old ass.
>>
>>1299520
I agree but flair is more overrated

All the undertaker has got is literally that hes really tall
>>
7/10 performer with 10/10 gimmick
>>
>>1299520
Nah Stone Cold is worse.
>le dumb redneck who sticks his fingers up xD
>punch stomp punch stunner
>hell yeeeah!:D
What trash.
>>
>>1299520
Taker is a amazing worker....or at East he was. He is probably the best big man worker ever. Only Vader was probably better.
>>
File: 128377637.0.jpg (126 KB, 1310x873) Image search: [Google]
128377637.0.jpg
126 KB, 1310x873
Oh hey boys!
>>
>>1299805
Bam bam bigelow and HarpGOAT blow both of them out of the water
>>
>>1299822
Fuck, look at that smug fuckface.
I can't wait until he goes to UFC and gets his ass kicked.
>>
>>1299822
>45yo hot topic employee
>>
His last few Wrestlemania matches have been painful to watch. The gimmick can't carry him anymore either because the look is gone. He should have retired years ago.
>>
>>1299571
The fuck?

Taker vs Brock Hell in a Cell was GOAT.
>>
File: CfOe-o-WAAUiAwx.jpg (37 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CfOe-o-WAAUiAwx.jpg
37 KB, 600x338
>>1299581
He really should have retired after Mania 28...it was the perfect ending. 29 he started looking old and tired, 30 he looked really old and tired, 31 was just a bandaid to try and keep people from leaving since the streak was done, and 32 he took real punches and real bumps for Shane because he couldn't fake punch for shit.
>>
File: roman teacup.jpg (16 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
roman teacup.jpg
16 KB, 248x248
>>1299830
>first match set for 2017 due to training injuries and rehab
>night of the match
>we've received word Punk has broken his big toe and will not be able to fight
>match delayed another year
>finally fights
>loses
>quits UFC
>goes on Cabana podcast to rant about how bad the business is
>CM Punk has signed with IBF and has his first match set for 2020
>>
>>1299958
Hi paul
>>
>>1299861

Brock quite literally carried him through that whole thing. All the spots and big moments were because of Brock, cause after that shitshow that was their Summerslam match, I don't blame him.
>>
>>1299833
my sides/10
>>
>>1299822
>>1299833
>>1299958
>>1300185
Why are you all so obsessed with mocking CM Punk? The dude literally fought against Vince, HHH, and the entire establishment, and won!

Everything the WWE stands for today he would've fought against it and yet you disparage him. The IWC deserves to be fucked for turning their back on him.

FYI he's banging AJ and at one time the entire locker room at one point, maybe that's why you hate him, you envy him.
>>
>>1300405
hi Phil ,i dont hate you.
Will you return to wwe if you get rekt in UFC? think about it , you can get more $$$ with wwe than with UFC
>>
>>1299520
all of wrestling was overrated

im so glad MOST people grew out of it
>>
>>1300405
Most CM Punk fans have abandonment issues. Wrestling fans in general turn on any popular wrestler that walks out, like Stone Cold in 2002 or The Rock when he left for Hollywood.

>when he first walked out: FUCK YEAH! YOU DON'T NEED WWE! GET FUCKED VINCE
>when he didn't return in that Raw in Chicago: ok you made your point now please come back
>when he burned every bridge possible with WWE in that podcast and signed with UFC: LOL CM Punk was never good I hope you get killed in UFC :))

A prime example of a Punk mark with severe abandonment issues is the guy that keeps spamming that anti-Punk pasta in every thread
>>
>>1300457
Hi phil
>>
>>1300457
How's the comic coming along phil?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.