[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>AJ YOU ARE PHENOMENAL... at lying HOLY SHIT, CAN ANYONE STOP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: MY0LwvA.png (666 KB, 945x610) Image search: [Google]
MY0LwvA.png
666 KB, 945x610
>AJ YOU ARE PHENOMENAL... at lying
HOLY SHIT, CAN ANYONE STOP THIS ABSOLUTE MADMAN?
>>
2nd week in the only segment people gave a shit about was AJ/Roman

This is gonna stop when Rollins gets back and AJ is taking a backstage to arguably have a good match with Balor but Rollins is more long term
>>
Aj is going to the mid card after jobbing to reigns and having a feud with finn shitter and gay club
>>
>>1299070
>finn shitter
>gay club
this is a really underage post
>>
File: 1463234651495.jpg (83 KB, 574x551) Image search: [Google]
1463234651495.jpg
83 KB, 574x551
>get arguably one of the best wrestlers on the planet today
>feed him to Roman because Rocks Cousin has to look strong
>>
>>1299047
People are generally invested in Zayn/IC.
I highly doubt Rollins is going to change much of anything. Cena will, though.
>>
>>1299071
Then what does GB stand for and also finn balor is shit as fuck
>>
>>1299073
Roman cant job himself tho...
>>
>>1299073
>still caring about wins and losses

I really doubt AJ gives two shits about having to lay on his back when he's been injected into the Main Event of the WWE near-instantly.
It's not about who goes over, it's about who gets TV time at all.
>>
>>1299140
Aj seems like a nice guy. Basically the chirstian version of daniel bryan
>>
>>1299141
IMO Aj is actually cool DB is just an overrated manlet
>>
>>1299141
he's just being realistic - AJ is 38 and finally made it to WWE and is getting TV and main event time as well as much more money for his family. Of course he's delighted.

People here seem to think that the actual wrestlers sit around and think "I SHOULD BE GOING OVER REE" when mostly everyone is happy to treat it like a team and help each other.
>>
File: The GOAT sees an anti smark.gif (2 MB, 245x175) Image search: [Google]
The GOAT sees an anti smark.gif
2 MB, 245x175
>>1299145
How does the GOAT do it?
>>
>>1299141
Granted you don't talk shit about his Jesus and are not Samoan, he seems pretty nice, yeah.

https://streamable.com/zq3b
About halfway through this
>>
>>1299145
True. I don't even like daniel bryan that much
>>
>>1299148
Meh, i tried hard to like him but i just can't
>>
>>1299141

Bryan isn't a nice guy
>>
>>1299163
I can't wait to see what you use to quantify this statement
>>
>>1299163
We'll see if he benoits his family
>>
>>1299039
In fairness, and I love AJ, but the
>"I'm glad you brought the chair because I'm gong to wrap it around your head all freakin night"
wasn't much better.
>>
>>1299047
>2nd week in the only segment people gave a shit about was AJ/Roman

Do you watch the rest of the show on mute?
>>
>>1299140
> le "Wins & Losses don't matter" meme

Explains why Reigns has N - E - V - E - R cleanly jobbed in a singles match!
>>
>>1299201
Because he's great and strong... also he can and he will
>>
>>1299201
You're talking about in a different way.
Thematically, of course wins and losses matter.
I'm talking about in the grand scheme; people are disappointed AJ came in just to job to Reigns, but in reality, he's doing very well in the ring, in a prominent position, and I very much doubt he cares he's taking a pinfall.
>>
>>1299207
Just sayin': New Japan had Styles beat their "Reigns" for the top title on his first night and it worked out best for everybody involved.

...of course Okada is better than Reigns in literally every way and even Gedo is a more adept booker than lolWWE so it's not a PERFECT analogy...
>>
>>1299214
And? I'm not bringing booking into question whatsoever, even though it is questionable.
I'm simply stating that people hinge way too much value on wins and losses.
Say AJ does win the title, would anything really change for him or his fans?
Not really, he would still be on weekly television and featured in angles all the same whether he does or doesn't, so you needn't place such importance on who gets the 3 count or wins a make-believe belt, as long as you get to see a talented guy be talented.
>>
>>1299219
this as fuck desu
im sick of hearing people bitch about their favorites taking a loss, when getting on regular tv is the biggest win there is
>>
>>1299219

>who cares about the story? its not even real!

I too believe wrestlers should just shake hands and leave the ring. They should also remove any choreography that makes me think someone could win or lose. I want to see AJ and Roman take turns preforming wrestling maneuvers and they both congratulate each other between moves. These viewers caring about the "entertainment" are holding back this great sport.
>>
>>1299228
This is really boring strawman. Can you do any better?
>>
>>1299228
>>1299228
cringe
>>
So did AJ finally turn heel on Raw last night? We all know it's coming.
>>
>>1299219
If all I wanted out of AJ Styles was to see him be talented I would've had him stay in NJPW
>>
>>1299249
I can't really disagree with you, there.
Still, I'm not bringing into contention the values of storytelling. I'm just a little surprised that hordes of AJ fans who doubted he would get properly utilized in the WWE are complaining about him losing to Roman, when he's getting the beefiest time-slots on back-to-back PPVs to do what he does like only few others do.
>>
Big AJ fan, had to explain to people on Facebook that "jobbing" in the main event isn't a bad thing. I expected him to get thrown in the IC picture and he's been catapulted to the main belt program... I'm more than satisfied and would only be disappointed if he retires having never won the big gold
>>
>>1299252
>to do what he does like only few others do.

"Carry talentless hacks"?
>>
>>1299131
GB standing for Gay Club, this isn't even 18+, this is 8+
>>
>>1299262
Yeah, but AJ's the type of guy who can do what he does and not need anyone else to do it. He's incredibly well-developed in that sense, he doesn't need anyone else to interject anything, you could be a broom and he'd squeeze 4 stars out of you.
So, fuck it, as long as I get to see AJ be AJ on such a grand stage, I'm not going to bitch. Besides, I'm sure he'll get some ring-time with actual talents down the line; no way they shepherd him out without putting him against some of the rising young stars.
>>
Since the rumble I had the feeling that AJ would be great as the new face of WWE, from all fronts he would be a much better champion than Reigns and than most of the current roster too.

But alas, wwe is the king of wasted opportunities.
>>
>>1299151
get worked
>>
>>1299268
>wasted opportunities

He's like, five months into his run.
I don't think it's all sliding by him just because he's not already champ. They've already shown more faith and vested interest in him than I think any of us really expected, and he has a long shelf-life despite his age thanks to good conditioning.
>>
File: 1458406847300.jpg (118 KB, 900x885) Image search: [Google]
1458406847300.jpg
118 KB, 900x885
>>1299267
>no way they shepherd him out without putting him against some of the rising young stars.
>>
>>1299279
You do have a point, they really gave him more than what most of us suspected.

Still, him winning the title in payback would have been amazing from all fonts.
>>
>>1299207
So was Rusev before Cena happened and then Rusev got into the absolute worst feud of the year.
>>1299140
The thing is, AJ has already lost. He loses again, now with all bets off from bell to bell how are we supposed ever consider him WHC material? Loses detract your threat level more and more. See the Wyatt family.
>>
>>1299279
>They've already shown more faith and vested interest in him than I think any of us really expected,

WWE really shouldn't be praised for surpassing the lowered expectations that they themselves set.
>>
>>1299267
So instead of seeing Styles against BITW contenders you'd rather him be wasted on shitters like Ramen?
>>
>>1299294
Bryan was jobbed to everyone. The more they jobbed him the more people got behind him.

The ''losing makes you look weak'' is the 80s mentality and works only in India these days or maybe if you are a big guy, but not even that much.
See Roman. He never got pinned clearly in 2 years, nobody believes in him but Vince.
If you are a small guy occasional losses are expected and credible, it doesn't detract anything from your credibility.
>>
>>1299295
I'm not praising them at all, just saying it's nice to see a guy of his talent level get the deserved plateau to stand on.
And that we shouldn't write him off so readily as a "wasted opportunity". I don't even expect him to ever grab the WWEWHC, but they have given him a lot more exposure than we could have called thus far, and a greater chance to do what he does, too.
>>
>>1299291

It'd have been amazing only because of how awful Roman is, I'd have been against someone so new winning the title so quickly under ordinary circumstances.
>>
>>1299302
I didn't say that at all. I'm not even sure how the fuck you managed to extrapolate that from what I said, honestly.
>>
>>1299309
You're right. I said "instead" where I should've said "you're content with WWE wasting a BITW contender in his twilight years". Much better.
>>
>>1299310
And now you're just aggressively making stuff up and finding imaginary stuff to be angry about.
>>
>>1299312
I'm not angry, just disappointed.
>>
>>1299316
Well, I won't say you should temper your expectations, or shoot low, because as a fan, you shouldn't.
But really, he'll get his time against the hot-shots. Right now, I'm honestly happy that he's getting all the recognition he deserves in the WWE through being given properly lofty card placement.
>>
>>1299363
> having any faith in WWE
> 2001 + 15
>>
>>1299365
He's going to be getting the biggest time-slot on PPV two shows running, and they haven't really squandered his starpower/ability thus far.
They've done enough with him to earn the trust that he'll be put against some real talents, down the line. Just to crank out some fantasy matches.
>>
>>1299370
>and they haven't really squandered his starpower/ability thus far.

Literally the only singles PPV matches he's gotten are with guys far, FAR below his level.

> jobbed to Jerischill CLEAN at WrestleMania

Totally not squandering his starpower.
>>
>>1299379
Well, he has only gotten two feuds, one against a legend who did great to ingratiate him into the new setting, and another against the literal top guy. And he has been prominently featured on television from the instant he debuted.
So, I don't really see any reason to doubt they're interested in utilizing him.
>>
>>1299381
Jericho didn't do shit.

AJ had no problem adapting to "the WWE style". Had better matches against Kofi anyway.
>>
>>1299394
Jericho definitely helped him acclimate to his new environment, and I think their matches were really under-rated. Their Fast Lane match was fucking great, and their feud gave us that short-lived tag team that culminated in the match against New Day.
>>
>>1299399
Styles had been wrestling on American TV since the turn of the millennium.

>and I think their matches were really under-rated.
>Their Fast Lane match was fucking great,

Literally shakin' mah head @ U.
>>
>>1299405
I know, but WWE is a whole different ballgame to basically anything else. Honestly, NJPW is probably more akin to WWE in terms of production value and general environment, but even that's leaps and bounds away, so he'd definitely need someone to show him the ropes. The awfully micro-managed, hard-camera-facing ropes.
Also, what was wrong with their matches? I see them get a lot of flak, and I really enjoyed them.
>>
>>1299381
>ingratiate
You do realize Styles wrestled in TNA for some really long years and he's quite used to that style of wrestling?
>>
>>1299141

Apparrently one of my friends got to rap with him while he came through our state. Said he was a real cool guy and that AJ was delighted to sit and chat with him in a way he hasn't felt from other wrestlers. Dude was real encouraging to my bud too about his aspirations.
>>
File: 1452546786065.jpg (30 KB, 324x607) Image search: [Google]
1452546786065.jpg
30 KB, 324x607
>>1299039
>this isn't a wrestling match
>THIS IS THE BIG FIGHT
>that we've seen for however many weeks straight now
>>
Lol aj got BTFO on that one
>>
>>1299416
Jericho was visibly lagging behind Styles and looked like an old man vastly out of his depth.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.