[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like Brock Lesnar? Cause he's big? a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: 2473638-brock-lesnar.png (762 KB, 1133x972) Image search: [Google]
2473638-brock-lesnar.png
762 KB, 1133x972
Why do people like Brock Lesnar?

Cause he's big? a lot of wrestlers are
Cause Paul Hayman? he can hype up an apple
Cause suplex? the 3 moves he does get old fast

don't see why people like him and the WWE are booking themselves into a corner with him. It won't be believable when someone beats him clean.
>>
>>1295972
He was real good circa 2003.
>>
>>1295972
>It won't be believable when someone beats him clean.

You could've said this in late-2014, but now, he's almost just another guy for having lowered himself to going 10+ minutes against Dean.
That match should've been as dominant as the renowned Cena match at Summerslam, or had Dean go way out of his way with the hardcore high-spots.
>>
>>1295972
He has that ultimate badass feel that Goldberg had back then.

He just has mad presence.

>>1295979
Dont feel that way.

The whole Dean feud felt like Brock just humoring Dena, look at their last segment were Brock just laughs at the mere thought of Ambrose being a challenge.
>>
>>1295972
cena is believable enough, his physic is alot more cut lately, obviously anyone that strength trains knows some flab is good for strength, but to a 10 year old cena today looks stronger.

same with ryback if he ever made it up to that level/was good enough to protect brock in a match. Titus o'neal being in a good strong match where he comes close is believable, they also could pick up Black Lesnar.

you gotta keep in mind that WWE isn't trying to convince you, they just couldn't.
they need to convince people under 15 to be life long fans, many of who have know nothing of weight classes or why they exist.

people today that could reasonably compete with lesnar at a glance:
Big Show, Cena, Titus, Henry,

in the future Cass, Kevin Owens doesn't look convincing against anyone, so in return he looks convincing vs EVERYONE so that would include lesnar.

as for his moves:
he has the goldberg effect of making smaller moves look more convincing, so you got your close lines and spears. his spears in the corner are always a treat. he has a shit ton of mat moves all of them look very stylish and unique like Kurt Angle.

if they ever had brock full time it would be beautiful programming, with him as the face they have options of people to bring back that make him look good.
Bobbie Lashley, Kurt Angle, with a bunch of cash im sure they could have him retire Nash and scott hall.

If i was vince i would dig deep on lesnar, i think if you offered him 5-10 million dollars on a contract he could make it worth your while, and now that he's older i bet you could convince him he'd like a pro wrestling legacy.

the only reason i think they wouldn't do that is it would set a dangerous precedent where gifted athletes make gifted athlete money in pro wrestling, when they prefer big guys that have no way of making money so they can pay them 6 or less figures.
>>
Is someone pulling on string that's wrapped around his chest. Wtf is up with that
>>
>>1298458
he's arching his back
>>
It's pretty evident he doesn't care much about wrestling and he's only there for the money. He desires to be an athlete and not a performer.
>>
>>1295972
IDK familia but he's getting bored in the business (He's in for the money) and getting stale really fast. Mind you this is what Vince paid for
>>
>>1295972

Just say you're underage and get it over with instead of wasting people's time with this thread.
>>
>>1295972

I used to hate Lesnar because of his "once a year" -Santa Claus work schedule, but now that I look at how much of the talent is on the injured list, I applaud Brock for having the good sense not to sign his way into a wheelchair via WWE.
>>
>>1295972
He kicks people's asses and doesn't take shit from anyone.
>>
>>1298507

Brock doesn't get injured often and he doesn't need to be on every single RAW
>>
>>1298518
there's very few people on the roster that do need to be on every monday night, that's kind of the problem these days, they're trying to use the same guys too much instead of cycling in the odd match against some lesser used guy.

on some level i think they do it just because its hard to book a 3 hour program.
>>
>>1298518
>Brock doesn't get injured often

He might if he had to work the "2 shows a week + live events + PPVs + house shows + promotions + training" -schedule that's wrecked so many top carders by now.

Besides, Lesnar isn't THAT young anymore. He's not old, but he's in the age where "wear & tear" and "weakest links" start to show up in the body.
>>
>>1298549

Even when he was a regular 12 years ago he rarely got injured. And he doesn't need to be on every single RAW else he'll get staler than he already is with limited appearances. He really needed someone better to feud with other than Deanetty.
>>
Because he's believable, especially during his first run. Pity they made him talk - you don't need to be able to talk like a goofy movie star. Just wrestle and work on your body language. Only autistic American fans want someone to speak their taglines for 15 minutes a night.
>>
Just look at him. He's huge and made of muscles.
>>
>>1295972

>Cause suplex? the 3 moves he does get old fast

One of the benefits of only working three times a year. If he did this shit every goddamn week it would wear thin in a hurry.
>>
>>1298458

There are two heads to the pectoral muscle. In Lesnar they are both quite large, and he's at a fairly low bodyfat% in that pic, so there's a visible distinction between the two heads
>>
>>1298549
it'd be nice to have him 2-3 times a month.

like 2 raws and an occasional surprise on smackdown, or have him grenade the occasional guy at NXT
>>
>>1295972
Anything that gets Paul Heyman on a promo is over with me. Guy is so much gold I'm surprised he hasn't jewed himself yet.
>>
>>1295972
Fucking hell he's huge
>>
>>1298528

>they're trying to use the same guys too much instead of cycling in the odd match against some lesser used guy.

Some of it is a symptom of 3 hours just being too goddamn long. Then they have two hours of Smack!Down, and two hours of utterly irrelevant shows on the Network to fill. And then house shows all the goddamn place.

Not that they do a good job of balancing the work load and keeping guys fresh even considering that, but it really won't get better if they don't just do fewer shows. Or at least split the brands so you have one group of guys working RAW/Superstars and one group working Smack!Down/MainEvent. They could easily bring up all of the ready talent from NXT (American Alpha, Balor, Bayley, everyone from TNA, Asuka, probably others) to help fill each roster, and leave developmental for the actual developing noobs.

But Vince is a deluded idiot who just thinks THOSE GOD DAMN MILLENNIALS are weenies and not that the human body can only take so much constant bumping before something inevitably fails, ESPECIALLY if you're someone like Bryan who was probably never on steroids.
>>
>>1298567

I'm sure he wrestled less often 12 years ago than the top guys (formerly Seth Rollins) work now. He was on either Smack!Down or RAW, probably along with short matches at house shows and the PPV card. He was not on RAW, Smack!Down, two house shows, and a PPV, all while constantly running around not sleeping in order to attention whore for charity because Stephanie is a vapid cunt.
>>
>>1298567
>Even when he was a regular 12 years ago he rarely got injured.
>12 years ago

He was also 12 years younger. And I believe the schedule of top card talent wasn't as intense back then as it is today.

Might be just my gilded memories talking, but I seem to recall there was also a LOT more rotation in the performing superstars back then. When Brock came on as a new guy, they put him in a match with a different wrestler almost every week.

These days it seems that new guys just walk straight into feuds that get ground on and on to boredom and beyond. We see the same fucking matches show after show.
>>
>>1298640
i think they could occasionally just cycle in the older jobber that can protect and put people over.

like some modern al snows and brooklyn brawlers.

i don't understand why cody rhodes was moved to NXT either.
>>
>>1298687
just looked it up, they can get actual al snow

WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT?

WHAT DOES EVERYBODY NEED?

WHAT DOES EVERYBODY LOVE?
>>
>>1298699
If he looked like that back in like 2000 he wouldn't have been stuck being a comedy act
>>
>>1298699
he can finally be in the mainevent now
>>
>>1295972
brock was super based before they made him into memeplex city
>>
>>1295972
He's legit, a big motherfucker, has a natural physical charisma to him, has good matches, is an underrated seller and could beat the shit out of anyone in the past or present of professional wrestling, even meme man Meng.
>>
>>1295972
>Why do people like Brock Lesnar?

He's entertaining although he doesn't even care for it
Has charisma and presence
Has great matches, his match with CM Punk at summerslam was what got me interested in mandrama again

Other than mic skills, he's perfect as a wrestler and I hope when he comes back he gets into a meaningful feud other than messing around with midcarders like Dean
>>
>>1298707
he was never a comedy act because he sucked, he was a comedy act because he is, in his heart, a jobber, if you listen to him talk he is passionate about jobbing and what it does for the business.
>>
Will Brock be back in the main event this year bruhs?
>>
>>1295972
He was really really good during his 2002 run.
He had talent to work with him. Eddie Guerrero, Angle, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio. Used to put on actual dramatic matches. Not spot after spot Indie Garbage (Shinsuke vs Zayne NXT Takeover).

Reminder: Angle-Lesnar feuds were good.

He broke Hardcore Hollys neck. Hardcore Holly did promos that he's returning to take Brocks title and break Lesnar's neck. Holly returns to a 10 minute main event match where a heel Lesnar squashes him. I marked out.

Also marked out on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7AaX3wbk48
>>
>>1299119
Lesner almost killed himself on that move. I wonder how he would do in a shoot match with Bob Backlund.
>>
>>1295972
he had some nice fights while was on UFC
>>
>>1298979
Feels
>>
>>1299119
god damn, that is the most beautiful and graceful shooting star i've ever seen
>>
>>1295972
I like him for a few reasons:

First he's a genetic freak. There are people who are big, sure, but there's only really 1 other genetic freak on the roster really - The big show. And even he isn't like brock lesnar because he's just tall, and fat. Brock is just an insane 'beast'.

Second He's a legit badass. Some times you look at these guys(specifically Cena) and you think 'yeah he's tough but i don't believe he's 15x champion badass'. I think only Kurt Angle has the same clout in terms of being an RL badass - maybe shamrock but i never thought of him as a marquee talent.

Third is nostalgia. He was my favorite wrestler 16 years ago. Like watching him fucking climb hell in a cell after beating the shit out of the undertaker. Breaking the ring after superplexing the big show.

Third I love his fucking ring psychology even if you watch him lose it makes sense. Watching him toss people around and make them look like fucking ragdolls only makes his opponents comebacks that much more impressive. I'm actually disappointed in that match at WM because deano should've put up a better fight then he did. But like watching him at the previous years wrestlemania he made Roman Reigns look great.

Forth when he talked 16 years ago(which feels weird to say) he was a believable badass in my eyes. He looked like a crazed beast. You can't beat Paul Heyman but he's no slouch himself if given the right material.

His moveset is limited now but I think thats by design. His suplexes are just so fucking devestating so thats all you really need.

Like look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SD3pHUZbBM

He's got a lot of moves, but he doesn't need them(or use them) because the suplex thing is so over.
>>
>>1301172
You forgot that for a 280 pounds guy he was as agile as a cruiserweight. Which made him all the more intimidating.
>>
>>1295972
>the 3 moves he does
did you not watch wrestling in his prime?
>>
>>1301481
everybody talks about the shooting star press he botched. Nobody talks about how he could shooting star press in the first place.

He could probably do a mean frog splash or do flying clotheslines like he did but he doesn't need to. Because it seems like everybody loves watching him just do suplexes.
>>
>>1303139
it's not the early 2000s anymore though is it?
>>
>>1298669
The brand split also helped with the schedule, splitting the house show schedule. But even then one of the reasons he gave for leaving in the first place was that the schedule was too much.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.