[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>acquire the hottest free agent at the time and arguably the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: bret-hart-halloween-havoc.jpg (35 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
bret-hart-halloween-havoc.jpg
35 KB, 600x300
>acquire the hottest free agent at the time and arguably the greatest in-ring performer ever
>proceeded to do absolutely nothing with him

What were they thinking?
>>
>pay way to much money for a washed up guy past his prime
What were they thinking indeed?
>>
>>1295668
>past his prime
>literally had the best match of the 90's in '97.
>>
>>1295662
Fuck wet shart
>>
N
W
O
>>
>>1295668
So you didnt see bret hart circa 97
18+
>>
>WCW dropping the ball on something
No way! Stop the press!

Seriously though, we all love to shit on WWE, especially creative, but even at their worst they are leagues better than WCW ever was.
>>
>>1295733
>but even at their worst they are leagues better than WCW ever was.
Someone hasn't tried to watch Raw before 1996. WWE was committing the worst possible sin every Monday: It was absolutely boring. WCW forced them to stop using Raw to air nothing but squash matches against jobbers.
>>
>>1295662
they ended his career
>>
>>1300544
this, based wcw
>>
>>1295662
bret was depressed after the montreal screwjob, he never thought vince would do something like that to him

but to answer your question, wcw was horribly mismanaged, the employees were running things, not the bosses. when you have so much talent with oversized pay cheques then you simply won't find much for bret to do.

that and nwo was all they cared about at the time, even that was run into the ground
>>
>>1295662
they should have turned him into an anti heel punisher type of character but bret is shit on the mic. despite this he should have been like a silent assassin wrecking shit backstage, he looks like the terminator in a certain light
>>
>>1300560
*anti hero
>>
>>1295662
who cares when the nigga was earning 2 million a year

i would be a doink the clown gimmick if you were paying be that much idgaf
>>
>greatest in ring performer ever
lmao good one bretcuck
>>
bret screwed bret
>>
File: image.jpg (391 KB, 1530x583) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
391 KB, 1530x583
>>1300589
18+
>>
>>1300595
and yet bret is back at the wwe working for vince again
>>
if bret was so great why was he one of the lowest drawing champs ever?
>>
>>1300623
you mean kevin nash

but brets gimmick did not evolve and he was crap on the mic, his gimmick was stuck in the early 90's. Maybe it would have evolved if he remained in wwe during the AE
>>
>>1300595
>using a /woo/ pasta as an argument

W E W
>>
>>1300576
>uses Lmao
>expects to be taken seriously

Shouldn't you be telling us how the Bullet Club is leagues above the 4 horsemen, and nWo.

Name one person that's ever drew a fucking dime HERE IN THE STATES that's in bullet club.
>AJ Styles!
Yeah, no, I'm talking big dollar draws, not some shit in front of 200 people chanting the companies name.
>Jeff Jarrett
That nigga couldn't sell out Kansas City back with that triple cage match.

Getting off my soapbox now.
>>
>>1300670
Bret Hart didn't draw either bretcuck, he isn't the lowest drawing but he's down there
>>
>>1300623
draw =/= skill
he was undoubtedly great in the ring
I don't know why he didn't draw as much as other champs, if that even is true, I started watching wrestling in 1993, wrestlemania X was one of my first PPVs and bret was my favourite wrestler
I thought he was a great champ
>>
Only thing I can think of is that he was the first guy to beat Goldberg on an episode of Nitro
>>
>>1300704
Never said he was a draw, I just know he's arguably the best in ring performer of the 90s, and was a solid brand to have on the marquee, he was a decent draw, that could have done some mediocre/promising numbers in WCW during 98 if they wouldn't have pissed it all down the fucking drain with stupid feuds, and random matches.
>>
He lost his confidence after Montreal and honestly probably before then. He sucked in WCW and it was his fault nobody else's.
>>
>>1295662
Welcome to fucking World Wrestling Entertainment, also known as WWE
>>
>>1295662
WCW was fucking retarded that's why they went out of business
>>
>>1295733
97-98 WCW was the best wrestling has ever been my guy
>>
>>1295733
>but even at their worst they are leagues better than WCW ever was
holy fucking shit 18+
>>
>>1300560
This

He was fucking brutal in the wcw. I used to use my wrestler figuring as that. Beating the shit out of my other wrestlers the most brutal way.
>>
>>1301027

1989-1994 is the best run in company history for old school fans, with 1992 not even coming close to being bettered from an in ring standpoint. 96-01 WCW is good but it just can't match the early stuff.
>>
What pisses me off most ain't even WCW not do anything with Bret besides bury his career.

Why the fuck didn't Vince put the European's championship on Owen? D-Low Brown? FFS.

They should've cut the fucking motards and hispanics stables and let Owen hart run his own one. They have so much they could start with. What Vince did to Bret and other Harts.

They just make him to job and use that stupid Blue Blazer shit.

FUCK YOU RUSSO. YOU KILLED OWEN!!
>>
>>1301138
Roddy Piper is still alive?
>>
>>1295709
everyone was watching the WCW in 97. The only people watching WWF was Canadians and others that didnt have Nitro
>>
Same thing WWE is thinking with Styles right now I suppose...
>>
>>1295733
They had far superior wrestling, especially when Bret left WWF, but in the end, too much fuckery with Bischoff and the NWO made it trash to watch.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.