[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT Worst wrestling moves Slingshot just looks so fucking fake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: wrestlingmoves-slingshot.gif (1 MB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
wrestlingmoves-slingshot.gif
1 MB, 300x170
ITT Worst wrestling moves
Slingshot just looks so fucking fake its obvious that the guy jumps why would he be launched? That's not how physics work
>>
The superman punch irks me as a finisher, terrible technique for a punch yet it's kayfabe one of the most powerful
>>
>>1295674
it's not a finisher, it's his signature move that only 3 counts jobbers
>>
>>1295681
Still, it's far too unrealistically strong in kayfabe imo
>>
That reverse End of Days the Rock does.
>>
People's Elbow
>>
>>1295550
The she calls that the rear view
>>
>>1295684
>unrealistically strong in kayfabe
You do realize that if you get punched in the face you could literally get knocked out right?
>>
>>1295674
I always hated Roman's Superman punch, because he is punching in the opposite direction of his momentum. It's stupid.
>>
>>1295728
Of course, its the gimmick of the 'superman punch' that makes it bad. Big Show's KO punch was more realistic as a signature/finisher, as dull as it was. If you want a move to be convincing as a power move, it helps to have that bit of technique to it to make believable as opposed to flailing around in the air with michael cole screaming 'superman punch!' to boost roman's power level through the magic of kayfabe
>>
>>1295550
> muh overselling every single move
I hate ziggler so goddamn much
>>
>>1295550
The Canadian destroyer. it's just like the slignshot, fucking fake
>>
>>1295738
Are you a fucking retard.

i don't even like that samoan nigger, but your obviously ranting about shit that no one even gives a shit about. lose some fucking weight fat fuck
>>
>>1295755
That's the idea of the thread, dumbass
>>
File: 1463263291624.jpg (22 KB, 472x357) Image search: [Google]
1463263291624.jpg
22 KB, 472x357
Diving headbutt. It literally is fucking retarded, looks like shit and can fuck up your neck

Deanos Dirty Deeds, it never looks like it actually connects his opponents head with the mat, it looks like few fucking inches from it every single time.
>>
>>1295728
I get what he means. They fly around dropkick eachother, slam each-other on the mat, yet a punch to the face whilst the guy is jumping at you at a strange angle that would actually lessen the impact because of how he twists his body is this killer?
>>
5 knuckle shuffle

He doesn't even try to make it look close anymore.
>>
File: russian-leg-sweep-o.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
russian-leg-sweep-o.gif
1 MB, 320x240
I hate the Russian Leg Sweep, it's so dumb. The dude giving it is taking the exact same bump as the dude taking it, so why doesn't it also fuck up the dude giving it?
>>
>>1295763

>Diving headbutt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl8RDZUhwyE
>>
>>1295790
Because it is against the other guys will
>>
File: kanyon-flatliner-o.gif (719 KB, 324x180) Image search: [Google]
kanyon-flatliner-o.gif
719 KB, 324x180
>>1295790

As a kid, I used to feel the same way about the Flatliner.

...but now watching these gifs, maybe the point is the neck action in the move? I still think they're silly but if the point is supposed to be snapping the neck, maybe I just learned something...
>>
>>1295806
I thought it was that hitting the ground with your face is kayfabe worse than hitting the ground with the back of your head
>>
>>1295806
>>1295810
If the other guy kinda spikes it and lifts his body up, it looks good.
If they take it flat, it looks pretty shit.
>>
>>1295790

It'd be better as a takedown that led immediately to some grapple or some such, instead of a move all on its own.
>>
>>1295806

I suppose in kayfabe you could say that the attacker can tuck his chin to avoid cracking his head on the ground, while he's holding the victim's neck so that the victim goes mouth first into the ground.
>>
>>1295738

>Big Show's KO punch was more realistic as a signature/finisher, as dull as it was.

It wasn't even a goddamn punch you dork. He held his fat fist at his side and then waddled his fat ass at his opponent. It looked less like he was trying to knock someone out and more like he was trying to wipe some shit off the back of his hand.
>>
>>1295753

It's no worse than every Sunset Flip ever, you Cornette nut hugging dipshit.
>>
>>1295790
I've seen many fights where fuckers try to do the rls. They look like idiots dancing around.
>>
>>1295806
I miss when Taker used to do it.
>>
File: dragon sleeper.jpg (47 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
dragon sleeper.jpg
47 KB, 400x600
>>1295790
>>1295815
>standard russian leg sweep
>except the receiver takes it on his knees, winding up in a kneeling position
>makes the initial impact look a bit more nasty
>the delivering party then rolls over backwards and brings his arm from being cradled around the back of the other guys neck, to wrapped across the top of it, with his bicep under the guy's chin
>transitions into a dragon sleeper on the kneeling opponent

Would that be viable and/or cool?
>>
>>1295832

I can understand wrapping your leg around a dude and pushing them forward. I had a kid do that to me in a fight and it was like a magic trick. But why would you fall back? You also put them in a position to ground and pound you if they're quicker than you.
>>
>>1295821
>It wasn't even a goddamn punch you dork.
No shit, wrestling ain't real. It was supposed to be a punch though and often looked like one
>>
>>1295738
The superman punch is an MMA move. It's not named for him as a reference to him being like superman.
>>
File: tumblr_mxqprxW4901t5gp8to1_500.gif (813 KB, 500x306) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxqprxW4901t5gp8to1_500.gif
813 KB, 500x306
Here's an example of a real life Superman punch in a fight.

(not denying that Roman sucks a dick though)
>>
>>1295881
Yeah, normal superman punch is quick as shit and barely noticeable that it's actually a superman punch and not a normal punch.

Roman does it with theatrics obviously, it looks like shit either way
>>
>>1295881
This got me thinking that there should be people on the roster who specifically, due to their skill-set, counter certain moves and throw a little extra flavour into matches between them.
Like, Del Rio counters the Superman Punch by locking the arm and pulling Roman into a Cross-armbreaker.
>>
File: flying cross armbreaker.webm (3 MB, 854x478) Image search: [Google]
flying cross armbreaker.webm
3 MB, 854x478
>>1295914
i guarantee if nakamura ever faces roman he will do that
>>
File: oh you want to shoot.jpg (87 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
oh you want to shoot.jpg
87 KB, 736x490
>>1295881
>>1295886
>>1295914
>"real-life superman punch"

Please stick to bitching about which butterface diva deserves a push more.
In fact, all of you autistic fucks, pay attention:

That moment you actually spent more time watching Youtube clips and shitposting about "kayfabe" and "powerlevels" than actually watching and enjoying wrestling?
That was the moment when you became too old/jaded too be still watching it.
>>
Sometimes it looks nice, like when RVD went through the chair at One Night Stand
>>
Maybe you need glasses faggot! It looks real to me.
>>
>>1295728
yeah, but a shoot piledriver would definitely kill you 100% of the time
>>
>>1301198
>kill you 100% of the time
Austin took a botched piledriver and lived.
>>
>>1301203
exactly, that was just an accident.

if someone like really clamped your head and had you in an upright potion, your weight and some of theirs on your head would probably kill you.
>>
The irish whip.
So basic yet so fucking retarded.
>>
>>1301234
it does what it has to, alot of moves need the other guy running at you.

although it's been a while since ive seen a running guy collision that didnt look sloppy
>>
>>1295550
Flatliner or, even worse, End Of Days

Reversing the figure-4
>>
>a forward Russian leg sweep or Downward Spiral-esque of any description
>any top rope or outside diving move where the person waits there for more than a couple of seconds
>Lucha type moves where the guy executing the move spins around the opponent
>monkey flips (although this has more to do with them being over sold)
>most facecrusher/bulldog variants
>>
RKO. Especially off of a top rope move. Honestly, do you really expect me to believe it has more impact if he grabs your head at the last second when you were about to land on your face anyway?
>>
File: 322a.jpg (20 KB, 544x416) Image search: [Google]
322a.jpg
20 KB, 544x416
>>1295763
Diving headbutt is my favorite move
>>
Superkick

When HBK did it, it was great. Now every midcard faggot throws it out at least once a match and they can't even make it look good.
>>
>>1301290
I would say it's not the move that's the problem but the people involved with its execution. Most of the moves ITT are moves that are rarely, if ever, believable.
>>
>>1295755
>mom, look I'm being kool on the internetz by sayin racist things and telling people to lose weight! I wish I knew how to upload fedora pics
>>
>>1295869
kek
>>
>>1301171
>I hate smarks yet I post on asp
>I unironically like reigns an his supamahn punch
>>
>>1301290
You know that the superkick was literally a midcarder transitional move before HBK started using it as a finish, right?

Watch a Rock 'n' Roll Express match sometime, junior.
>>
>>1295674
It's a legitimate mma punch and knocks people out. Are you retarted?
>>
>>1301402
>retarted

Reigns's Supermeme Punch doesn't look anything like the actual move.
>>
>>1301405
>>1301402

And I've never seen it knock anyone out.

Not to say it never has, but it's a move usually reserved for desperation
>>
>>1301171
Neck yourself like mommy should have when you fell out of her cunt
>>
>>1295790
That move is dead no one uses it anymore
>>
>>1301171
Go away. You smell bad.
>>
>>1301171
the word retarded doesnt cover even half of what i just witnessed here in 4chan
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.