[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on Impact?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: impact-wrestling-2.jpg (19 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
impact-wrestling-2.jpg
19 KB, 640x360
What is your opinion on Impact?
>>
Rockstar Spud vs EC3 inside a Steel Cage was a terrible main event. You really should have just done Storm/Hardy vs Decay instead since Jeff's story is the most important on the card
>>
I think it's mediocre to terrible but I still watch it every week because I hate myself.
>>
>>1294527
i quit watching when it became WCW 2.0

after hogan showed up i never watched until he left but by then it was too late
>>
>>1294548

The Decay are becoming routinely the most LOLTNA thing on the roster this feels like another Vince Russo project
>>
>>1294549

I stopped watching TNA in 2010 in fact I haven't even watched LOLSting era of 2011 and the 2 fucking years of Aces and Eights
>>
>>1294556
you missed out on joker sting
>>
>>1294527
I hear it's been getting better but I honestly never cared to check.
>>
>>1294999

I remember the pet crow he used to attack Eric Bishoff with.

>>1298854

Thank Maria for that her promo work has suddenly magically gotten amazingly better
>>
it has some gold moments, the most recent i can remember is:

>bromans vs 2 nerds local jobbers, the local jobbers won tho while wearing turkey suits
>tazz sperging, OH MY GOD NERDS, FLYING NERDS

lost my shit there, good times
>>
>>1298971

Jessie Godderz heel turn went absolutely nowhere.

Eli Drake is consistently great
>>
I'd watch if Maria got to wear hot pants again. Why the fuck do they make her wear a dress?
>>
>>1298991

Preacher Wife Maria is leagues better over Playboy Skank Maria
>>
>>1294527
It fell off tv here, nobody online was talking about it and every relevant character outside of EC3 and Eli Drake are in NXT,so genuinely assumed it got cancelled
Are their wrestlers getting paid yet?
>>
>>1298858
The knockouts show more . and yeah Maria is the main reason I watch I liked heel ec3 but it's a pleasant change from raw
>>
>>1298858
> suddenly

She'd been cutting quality promos in ROH for a while, bud.
>>
Its pretty good right now. I mean, I find myself looking forward to it every week unlike all the other wrestling shows. I like how simple the storytelling is even though the weekly matches are mostly average. Also, Eli Drake is fucking awesome.
>>
TNA was the second wrestling product i ever watched after starting with Royal Rumble 2011. I knew that it was scripted and all but i had no idea how far the "backstage politics" went and until 2013 i didnt know how TNA has been half dead for a long time. I must be kind of a weird Wrestlingfan :D I liked Sheamus and Barret and i also kinda liked the beginnings of Aces and Eights until the unmasking started. Right now Impact is kinda boring to watch for me, still full of stupid clusterfucks and all but the wrestling intself is of high quality (besides knockouts and the undercard). I really hope that they will stay on the screen for a longer time and that they maybe finally start rising up again. That new station might help them but who knows
>>
Watched Impact from the begins(before it was called Impact).

>Good stuff
The X division matches, introduced me to Kazarian, Low Ki, Christopher Daniels,Bobby Roode, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Petey Willams, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelly.

I think for the first 6 years AJ Styles, Jeff Jarette and Jerry Lynn carried the show. It was really good. There were known stars from WCW, ECW and WWE coming in. But they were used to put over TNA Talent.

>When it was at it's prime.
Kurt Angle came in and TNA made their biggest star (AJ Styles) his protege. Surprisingly the feud work only because Angle was playing a heel and AJ was made to look like his bitch.

>When it started turning shit.
Lot of WCW has-been came around. Sting putting himself as the face of the company. Hogan and Bischoff did nothing but try to convert TNA stars as WCW replicas. The whole perception than No one in TNA will be stars unless they try to resemble an older wrestler.
Jay Lethal was made to look like Randy Savage. Petey Williams as Steiner. Abyss was made to be something like Hogan.

Knockouts became a sex sells routine. Getting stripped to Bra and Panties occasionally.

>When TNA became parody.
Often every promo said "This company will overcome WWE" rather than be a unique company of it's own.
Take failures/dropouts from WWE and put a title on them in a months. Hence the joke "He got released? Oh well future TNA Champion".
Take Ex-WWE Talent and make them look like they really deserved their push in TNA only because they were screwed in WWE. Make it known they were screwed in WWE so they get the main event scene at TNA. (Drew Mcintyre, Christian Cage).

>Stopped Watching
It became WWE and WCW retirement home with all the REAL TNA stars moving to either WWE or ROH.
Their Knockout division just debuted a Soccer Mom.
>>
>>1294527
It's a great show that is superior to wwe. Seriously it's much better
>>
>>1299273
Tna could've been a massive kick up the ass Vince needs, but unfortunately its run by incompetent retards.
The list of wrestlers they screwed over and pissed off reads like a future hall of fame. They had such a good feel going for them before NXT truly kicked off into the monster it is now (those New York tapings were hype as fuck) but they fucked it all up by striving to be WWE-lite.
And by WWE-lite I'm not talking "Haha they got a fired jobber lmao" I'm talking literally Dixie's business plan is to be a cheaper sports entertainment product.
>>
>>1294527
It's basically WCW: The Sequel; same cast, same style, same talent, and same curbstomp from WWE.
>>
File: tna_wrestling-665x385.jpg (24 KB, 665x385) Image search: [Google]
tna_wrestling-665x385.jpg
24 KB, 665x385
TNA is alright at the moment but they've lost many of their mainstays now. To make matters worse is that their show is on POP which isn't as acceptable as other cable channels are.

I don't think they'll be around much longer unless they can really turn it around.
>>
Josh Matthews makes it unbearable... Which is weird cuz he was O.K. in WWE.
>>
>willow clones and final willow(fatt hardy)

seriously they need to stop with this

it's retarded and cringe
>>
>>1294527
do they still use that meme ring?
>>
>>1294527
Meh. Truly the WCW of our time.
>>
It was good when they had a strong X Division, Tag Division and Knockout Division. There was a lot of character development too. Angle, Samoa Joe, Styles, Bad Influence etc. Even Bubba Ray's singles run was well done.

Now it's simply two tag teams. Random Indie guy pops in for X division. WWE and WCW Hasbeens and rejects. Also the American Wolves were cancer to the brand.

Haven't watched it since 6-7 months.
>>
>>1303073
that ring isnt a meme faggot.

and yea they do.
>>
Haven't watched Impact in more than a year and I feel bad everytime someone leaves the company.
>>
>>1303841
It actually is a meme.
A meme literally being something used to gauge cultural relevance, essentially a unit of social measurement.
That ring being integral to TNA's culture.
The six-sided ring is TNA's dankest meme.
>>
>>1302913
I never liked Matthews. He always came across as the second coming of Cole
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.