[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"I’d say that to me professional wrestling today has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4
File: BretHart_crop_north.jpg (29 KB, 542x361) Image search: [Google]
BretHart_crop_north.jpg
29 KB, 542x361
>"I’d say that to me professional wrestling today has mostly little people in it. I don’t see any real big men anymore. Very few anyway. The ones that are in it aren’t used properly. Like Mark Henry. It just seems to me, and I don’t mean to disrespect anyone in the business. A lot of guys are working really hard. I miss seeing some of the big guys. When you talk about getting rid of a Wade Barrett. Guys like Mark Henry are seeing less and less time on TV. It seems like the wrestlers they’re all little jumping bean guys. They’re all Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels kind of smaller guys. I was 230 pounds. I think I was bigger, a little bit bigger, in mass than some of these guys today. There’s so many guys that have the same stats. Six feet tall, five-eleven, one hundred and eighty five or ninety pounds. Dolph Ziggler. They do a million high spots. They’re in great, phenomenal shape. They all look the same. They all got rock hard abs. They all look like swimmers. I miss the guys that would go out there that looked like Nikolai Volkoff. Or somebody that looks like Don Leo Jonathan or Mad Dog Vachon. Where’s the big guys? Where’s the King Kong Bundys? Who’s hiding all the King Kong Bundys in the world? Where did they go?"

Its kinda true
>>
You can thank the faggot Internet community.

Also 6'0 is like 6'5 in WWE terms right?
>>
They let the marks in the ring
>>
>>1284469
He has a point. There should always be big guys in wrestling.
>>
>>1284469
they're pursuing more money playing football
>>
>>1284504

Kinda fucked that they singled Ziggler out. He's the best guy
>>
>>1284469
Part of the reason you dont see as many huge guys is because they have to pass more rigorous physical examinations now so you wont have big out of shape guys on the roster. Before you say anything, beeg and mark are about to retire soon.

>inb4 muh owens
>>
BASED
>>
He's right, but that doesn't change the fact Bret is also a vanilla midget
>>
>>1284469
Wow bout time i agree with butt hurt
>>
>>1284513
Ziggler is shit mexican dwarf
>>
good ridance to fat and slow

>5 minutes of punching back and forth
>a clothesline
>pound in turnbuckle
>clothesline
>5 minutes of punching back and forth
>some generic slam fishiner

everytime
>>
>>1284504
Kek this
>>
>>1284513
As if my opinion of you could sink any lower

Kill yourself beato
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 856x1300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 856x1300
>i watch wrestling for the body measurements
>>
they are stuck being the bodyguard of a fedora-wearing fatass neckbeard
>>
All the big guys are pursing sports with better pay and less bad stigma. They want to be a "real fighter".
>>
>>1284907
> indy darlings

'Sup.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7kLK2mzepg
>>
>>1284469

King Kong Bundy was fat and shit.

We have Rusev. He's the Big Guy we deserve, but not the one Vince seems to realize is really fucking good, so he'll bury RuRu. Because he's not our Champion. He's our gibberish spouting protector. Our comedy jobber. Our Based Knight.

Though that bit might have been more appropriate 8 months ago. Maybe he'll actually win the US Championship, re-elevate it after Creative took a dump on it the moment Cena lost it, and Kalisto can go be build back some credibility after Creative took a dump on him.
>>
>>1284996

Now that I think about it, Roman isn't small either. 6'3'' and 260 lbs of mostly muscle. Too bad he's kind of milquetoast and has possibly worse booking than anyone in history.
>>
>>1284996

Bundy was a decent enough superheavy in his first WWF run. Not so much his second.
>>
>>1285000
Reigns isn't even close to a legit 260.

> worst booking
> never fucking loses
>>
It's not like we have Big Stronk, Erick Rowan, Beeg Cass, Bore-on Corbin, Sheamus, etc
>>
So Bret spent his entire career breaking through the glass ceiling that said guys his size couldn't succeed in pro wrestling and is now complaining that there aren't enough big men?

Mark Henry isn't being used because every single match of his entire career was tune-out TV. Big Show is the biggest pile of shit on two feet. Great Khali is literally the reason I stopped watching wrestling for almost ten years.

A great big man who can move and work in the ring is awesome, but those guys are few and far between. I'm not a huge fan of Zayn because I think his moves look soft and take too much time to set up, but I'd rather watch fifty of his matches than anything Show, Henry, etc. have done in their entire careers.

tl;dr: Someone should as Bret how many of the great wrestlers to come out of the Hart Dungeon have been super-heavyweights.
>>
>>1285135
Sheamus is not a big guy lol
>>
>>1285160
He's 6'4"
>>
>>1285163
You're being worked anon
>>
File: FELLA.jpg (74 KB, 624x390) Image search: [Google]
FELLA.jpg
74 KB, 624x390
>>1285160
> implying
>>
>>1285169
>>1285160
Damn, why is this guy nothing but a midcard jobber now ?!
>>
>>1285154

Bret's a money guy. You ain't drawin money with a bunch of fags that your little brother could beat up. Where's the spectacle
>>
He's right. I miss legit tough guys like Harley Race
>>
>>1285175
How can he be a money guy when the guy's he's talking about have never drawn a dime in their careers? Rey Misterio has sold more tickets and merchandise than Show, Henry, Khali, Mad Dog Vachon, and The Fucking Mormon Giant all put together twice. At his height Daniel Bryan was more over than anyone in the entire post-Rock/Austin era, and is probably still more over than anyone on the current roster.
>>
>>1285193
If everyone was a midget like Bryan his entire gimmick would be impossible to pull off
>>
>>1285195
Charisma has nothing to do with size

Bryan was an underdog in ROH too
>>
>>1285204
Brians gimmick was "I'm a vanilla midget with a lot of charisma who is a good catch as catch can can wrestling. That doesn't work when you don't have him stand out in any other way ie being a midget that he is
>>
>>1285205
You have no idea what catch-as-catch-can wrestling is.
>>
>>1285195
You mean his gimmick of being maybe the best in-ring performer on the planet? If everyone were his size it'd be hard to come up with an excuse for anyone ever beating him, which was pretty much how things went in the indys.

Besides, that's not what I said. There's a place for super-heavyweights in wrestling, but they should be guys who can perform in the ring, that's all. Size isn't spectacle, it's just size.
>>
>>1285207
>There's a place for super-heavyweights in wrestling, but they should be guys who can perform in the ring

Literally nobody is arguing this

>>1285206
You have no idea what catch-as-catch-can wrestling is.
>>
>>1284477
>the internet community
>implying you're not on the internet and a wrestling fan
>implying almost everyone that watches WWE does so while not having an internet connection
literally every wrestling fan is part of the IWC now, suck it anti-smark
>>
>>1284526
Bret Hart was pretty big mate. Just because he didn't grow in your 6ft9 goldilocks zone didn't mean he wasn't solid and wide and give off an aura of strength, toughness and look like he could toss (you) on your head

manlet
>>
Braun Strowman is a big guy
>>
>>1285231
For you
>>
>>1284996
Rusev looks small and its not really big, Rusev a shit monster heel.
>>
>>1285131
>booked as a strong babyface
>gains unprecedented amounts of accidental heel heat

Booking failed to accomplish its goal, hence it's shit.
>>
>>1284559
Having big guys helped the immersion that wrestling might be real.

But now any big guy would be booed immediately by people like you.
>>
>>1285218
You're arguing semantics. Just because IWC stands for "internet wrestling community" doesn't mean it includes literally every wrestling fan who uses the internet.
>>
>>1284559
>Street Fighter sucks, they should make every character in the game Ryu

This is pretty much what the "hardcore" wrestling fan is doing to WWE.
>>
>>1285172
he made roman look weak.
>>
>>1285437
So what's going to happen to AJ?
>>
>>1285452
he makes Roman look strong now. he even got the coveted "mixed reaction" to Roman from the crowd on RAW.
>>
>>1285405
Uh, isn't it?
>>
>>1285384
...have you played a recent Street Fighter?

There are fucking Shotoclones everywhere.

Polite reminder that ROH has better character direction than WWE and that the best characters in the past decade of WWE are ROH guys
>>
>>1285610
I would literally rather watch Teddy Hart masturbatorily flip everywhere than the boring-as-fuck scenario you described.

P.S. I'm 6.5". kys Dean Mark.
>>
>>1285622
You first.
>>
>>1285631
> shoes

>>1285637
> what is literally the entire genre of Lucha Libré
>>
>>1285671
>Literalky

Carter Deannetty Mark just fucking end it.
>>
>>1285609
There is currently 1 in sf5
Its ken
>>
>>1285667
Lucha libre is "flippy shit" and "complex submission shit"
>>
>I’d say that to me professional wrestling today has mostly little people in it. I don’t see any real big men anymore. Very few anyway

You can say that about most men in western nations.
Little muscle, little testosterone, playing video games and watching anime, they then blame feminism and women's high standars to justify their no-sex life.
>>
based bret
>>
>>1284469
Big men are fucking awful with occasional exceptions like Vader, most Really big men are lumbering jackasses with knee problems who can't wrestle.

I won't talk shit about Andre as far as the character he got across but he never wrestled a decent match in his life. He was the great Khali of the era.
>>
>>1287587
>Khali
>a decent match
?
>>
>>1287587
>I won't talk shit about Andre as far as the character he got across but he never wrestled a decent match in his life.

Watch his 70s work, he could MOVE.
>>
>>1284469
Roman Reigns
Baron Corbin
Big Cass
Braun Strowman
Erick Rowan
Luke Harper
>>
>>1287797

At 6'3'' and 265 lbs, Roman is pretty much Cena's size.

It depends if you want to use "big" to mean "tall," "heavy," either, or both.

Disregarding height, Bray and Rusev are pretty freaking big. They're reasonably mobile (particularly in Rusev's case) near 300 pounders. Not that they're short either, but I don't think either is over 6'2''.

Big E is also a biggie, in spite of being 5'11''. Hence the name.
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (20 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
20 KB, 716x768
>>1284469
>where's the big guys?
>>
>>1287805
Reigns is a 265-pounder in the same way that Big Cass is 7 foot tall.
>>
>Vince finally gets vindicated by Bret
>GODDAMNIT BRET IS RIGHT
>PAUL GET ME THAT SEVEN FOOT TALL GUY WHO KICKED JERICHO
>"B-but V-vince he's in a tag team..."
>WHO CARES DAMMIT DID YOU SEE THE CROWD CHEERING FOR HIM?
>THEY WANT BIG MEN
>NOW GET ME ROMAN TO MY OFFICE
>TELL BRAUN HE'S GETTING HIS MATCH WITH BROCK LESNAR
>>
>>1284469
Wasn't this the same Bret who was bashing HHH for only liking "body guys"?

This guy's cancer medication is fucking him up
>>
>>1285209
>niggers talking about catch wrestling

You cuxx haven't even competed before.
>>
>>1287940
> dummies shitposting again

Back to your kennel
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.