[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been wondering guys. Do you believe in chi/qigong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (592 KB, 1600x2224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
592 KB, 1600x2224
So I've been wondering guys. Do you believe in chi/qigong? Could it be used to fight with? Do we just not know how to use it?
>>
>>1283924
You're not going to get a serious answer here, you idiot. Go to China and get pushed around by an old Chen Taiji master.
>>
>>1283924
that pic is channeling some qi to my dick
>>
>>1283924
It really depends on your definition of "Chi."

>Could it be used to fight with?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSxR1wWsggk
>>
>>1283924
>Could it be used to fight with? Do we just not know how to use it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHOCVoZsFHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a40O0QTo9GY
>>
>>1283924
I believe in the supernatural.
Do I think chi is possible, I'd say yes.
Not in your typical way where some guy meditates and waves his hands a lot.
Think of Hinduism where you let your mind go to some crazy places because of how idle you are.
You have to break through the veil and doing some prancing around in baggy cloths like the demonstrated 'masters' won't get you there.
A lot of old knowledge has been lost, and I would assume the martial arts sort of witchcraft of old hasn't had much luck in surviving.
No supernatural power comes from man however and I believe that whatever spirit produces those powers doesn't do it for you benefit, they always get something in return.
>>
>>1284149
cool
>>
>>1283924
No, it's your own body and soul that pushes you.
>>
>>1286358
>soul
no such thing exists
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 258x195
>>1286390
>>
>>1286390
>>>/r/atheism
>>
>>1284112
>>Could it be used to fight with? Do we just not know how to use it?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHOCVoZsFHE
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a40O0QTo9GY

So the answer is no, it could not.
>>
File: 1416521660058.gif (881 KB, 192x168) Image search: [Google]
1416521660058.gif
881 KB, 192x168
>>1286580
>>
>>1286580
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs_kdGe8Ljc
>>
>>1286630
pretty sure hes never done tai chi

>>1286634
pretty thats a judoka
>>
>>1284112
Middle aged autist-looking white guy teaching non western martial arts makes me at least a bit skeptical. Am I wrong for thinking this way?
>>
I'm a retarded chuuni who's main board is /x/, so you can probably guess my answer, but as humanity is now, we have yet to unlock it's true potential.

That being said, until you figure it out, just keep training your actual body.
>>
Yes qi is real, yes you can fight with it.

I can't do it but I know them who can.

Is not flying or shooting fireball though.

Punching like a man three times your size is qi.

Walking on broken legs is qi.

Getting hit with a hammer like it's reeds is qi.

>>1286823
If you don't think white men can teach it, why think white men can learn it? Can't tell you if he's real or fake is not something you see in a video.
>>
>>1286879

I'm pretty sure you can find some old guys at Legion Halls who've run on broken legs. It's called adrenalin, not qi.
>>
>>1286677
>pretty thats a judoka
>pretty sure hes never done tai chi
It's like the difference between a Karate crescent kick and a Taekwondo crescent kick desu
>>
>>1284112
>TAI CHI vs BULLY

I knew this was a Jake Mace video just from the title....
>>
>>1286837
>I'm a retarded chuuni
>/x/
Same. Though I still think it's mostly metaphors for something like breathing or concentration, or old understandings of biomechanics.
>>
>>1286837
>>1288340
>chuuni
wut
>>
>>1287610
has a lot more to do with the training methods. a jodoka is going to be far more likely to be able to actually pull off a throw like that
>>
>>1283924
Who is this semen demon? Is she supposed to help me channel my chi?
>>
>>1288795
It's short for Chuunibyou

It's Japanese for "Middle School 2nd Year Syndrome", or 'merica eighth grade.

Imagine those kids in your class that were like "Yeah I'm totally a Wiccan" even though they were tame as fuck.
>>
Is da ancient chinee spor medisin
>>
I think shear willpower is mistaken for Qi. It's why a person will run with a broken leg to get to safety, or a mother will be much stronger to defend her child.

I'm religious, and even an /x/ tier occultist, but Chi should be viewed more empirically than other supernatural things.

As for being used in a fight; I'd say you'd have to be a monk who's spent his life meditating in Tibet, in order to fight well enough. And those people probably aren't going to end up in the UFC, so the Western World probably won't know. I think the meditative aspect is great for the mental health of fighters, however.
>>
File: ORLY.gif (942 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ORLY.gif
942 KB, 320x240
>>1284095

>Getting this worked

You people are idiots.
>>
>>1286580

The second video just looks like the sort of basic self defense/escape shit I learned in Karate. Effective against random dumbasses trying to goon you, but much less so against a trained fighter.

And it has nothing to do with "chi" unless you take "chi" to mean leveraging joints and shit. It's all 100% physical, tangible, and if you believe there's any spiritual component to it you are a retard.
>>
>>1289329
Karlie Kloss apparently
>>
>>1283924
I remember reading about a Tim Cartmell seminar where he explained that "internal power" was basically just having good posture and core strength. "See I just saved you 25 years of private lessons."

>>1283934
>>1289329
No, don't you know that semen demons only exist to steal your chi. You must learn to retain it when you orgasm so that she doesn't use it to lubricate her water chakra point.
>>
>>1291914
I'm not religious or an /x/ tier occultist, but you have a similar posting style to mine, and I don't want to be mistaken for you.
>>
>>1291914

It's nice when people go ahead and sidestep disproof in their initial statement. It lets you know they're completely full of shit from the start.

It's getting so old watching chi bunnies No True Scotsman their way out of any argument. Everything that doesn't work isn't real and if you see it it wasn't real. The real stuff is secret and not "Western," because what has the West ever done besides split the atom and land on the moon and sequence the human genome? Primitive fucks meditating in caves are the real experts.
>>
>>1293466
Split the atom=atomic bomb killing thousands

sequence the human genome=potentially opening a can of worms

I'll give you landing on the moon. Helped push forward technology.

I think skepticism is healthy, but being close minded for the sake of it isn't. Most modern day science seems like science fiction to people living in the 1500s. not to say that you can use hadokens to blast people, but wouldn't you think that a practice done by a fairly advanced civilization widespread in a country wouldn't have some sort of benefit that is different from other physical sports? I'd like to believe that we as human beings do not completely understand the way of the world.
>>
>>1293806

Yeah, killing thousands, and giving clean energy to millions. Then melting down. It's complicated.

Fuck your "can of worms" in the ear though. That's just Luddite pearl-clutching.

Hell, landing on the moon (not the space race and satellites in general, but the actual moon landings) was the one of my examples that was nothing but a publicity stunt to piss off the Russkies.

The problem is you're conflating knowledge, which is a pure Good Thing compared to ignorance, with having the ethical standards to use that knowledge to good ends. Ancient Asian magic is not knowledge.

And China isn't and hasn't been "fairly advanced" by modern standards. They just don't know shit compared to the West. Barefoot doctors, Shaolin monks, etc. were just bullshit artists.

We don't "completely understand" the world, but there's a whole lot we do understand, and the traditional Chinese understanding of nearly everything is simply incorrect magical thinking.

Here's a fun listen for you if you have a few minutes, or if you read faster than this guy talks just read the transcript on the page.
>>
>>1294177
>Here's a fun listen for you if you have a few minutes, or if you read faster than this guy talks just read the transcript on the page.
wut
>>
>>1294187
>>1294207

fuck me, helps if I actually dump the link from my clipboard:

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4516

derp
>>
>>1294207
>>1294210
kek
and I'm not >>1293806, by the way.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.