[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WWE womens division shake up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1462809725663.png (472 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
1462809725663.png
472 KB, 620x400
So I've been thinking over a few ideas and wanted to know what you guys think.

What kind of impact do you think it would have if the WWE decided to either:

Add a Women's Tag Team division/belt

A secondary belt *like the us/intercontinental/etc) so that there could be more than one story at a time

Or the last thing I was thinking was what would happen if they were to give them their own show? Surely this would free up some time on RAW and SD even if it was only RAW and you kept both genders on SD which would also make SD mean something because it would be the one show a week that had men and women on it and would also have more story.

Not necessarily saying any of them are a GOOD idea I'm just wondering what you guys think and what kind of an impact *short of falling on its face) it would have.
>>
>>1276322
>Or the last thing I was thinking was what would happen if they were to give them their own show
No. Will NEVER be sustainable. While womans wrestling has gotten better over the last three years there is not nearly enough talent to make that work. I would be down with adding a tag belt tho.
>>
>Add a Women's Tag Team division/belt

Totally fine.

>A secondary belt *like the us/intercontinental/etc) so that there could be more than one story at a time

I think the NXT Women's Title serves that purpose well enough.

> Surely this would free up some time on RAW and SD

Those are REALLY long shows. How much more time do they need?
>>
>Add a Women's Tag Team division/belt

useless, not enough good workers to sustain it
>A secondary belt *like the us/intercontinental/etc) so that there could be more than one story at a time

you dont need belts to have stories. also barely anyone gives a fuck about midcard mens titles. midcard womens title might as well not exist.
>Or the last thing I was thinking was what would happen if they were to give them their own show? Surely this would free up some time on RAW and SD even if it was only RAW and you kept both genders on SD which would also make SD mean something because it would be the one show a week that had men and women on it and would also have more story.

you vastly overrate how much people give a shit about womens wrestling. also, raw/sd womens matches are very short anyway so it wouldnt be much of a gain and the gained time would probably be filled with more shit either way.
>>
>>1276322
>Women's tag team division belt
This is sorely needed. I don't like the idea of a second singles title but a tag team championship would be nice.

They don't need their own show. Raw and SD are more than enough to give both divisions time. Raw should be 15-20% women, 80-85% men. That is plenty of time for both. As it stands, raw is around 4% women and they will never be able to develop seriously given so little time. WWE simply don't have any interest in a good women's division and never will.
>>
They really don't have enough talented women to sustain any of these ideas.
>>
>>1276333
>not enough good workers to sustain it

eh, kinda agreed but since most of the women are part of a "team" anyway I just feel like making an official tag team division would at least make that worth something

Also kinda agree with the midcard title's thing but it always just depends on build and what you put at stake at least imo

As for the other show idea you can say people dont give a shit but that's all about perception and with how things are at the minute people have reason not to care maybe a shake up of some sort like this would give us reason to care.

granted I agree you don't NEED belts for storylines but it stops people from having to feud over potted plants.
>>
>More women
>Women's tag team belt
>Women's intercon.
>Women's show

Why not?

Historically women haven't drawn in the US (until Rousey) and I wouldn't watch it, but the modern male wrestling fan who is more comics fan than wrestling fan of old and loves depictions of 'strong women' would probably watch.

From a corporate level that wants positive PR through appealing to feminist PCness it's a good idea. Though from a standpoint of booking where they're losing ratings and audience yearly and stuggling to cope it's a bad idea.
>>
>>1276322
>give them their own show

I'm all for this if it keeps women's """""wrestling""""" off the main shows. Give them their own PPVs too. We'd soon get our answer for whether any of them are a draw once they posted their first TNA-esque buyrate.
>>
>>1276341

They could easily produce an 1-hour show with women only for the WWE Network. Problem is, WWE is not prone to do any storylines. And if there are any, they aren't deep at all and, thus, quite boring. You don't need another NXT, and that is probably what they would be going for.

There was never an actual female-oriented product about superheroes (or just focussed on superheroines in general), bar "Jessica Jones" or so. Speaks more about Hollywood scared of changing the mainstream and kind of knowing that the normal, bigger audience would not like them as much as male superheroes.
WWE's fanbase, though, does not have any casual people watching their shows. Casual WWE fans, yes, but those are not the same as a normal TV audience. And since those guys are, as you said, more or less comic-book fans and nerds... there is a larger appeal to see superheroines fighting each other. It's pretty neat, but would never be done. And WWE would also never try to push someone like Sasha Banks or Paige as hard as they would with Roman Reigns. Even though female wrestlers might be the next big thing.
>>
>>1276333
>>1276337
>>1276339
>>1276341
>>1276345
>these names
why? Are these just copy pasted /woo/ posts?
>>
File: 1462794671437.png (299 KB, 544x442) Image search: [Google]
1462794671437.png
299 KB, 544x442
>wanting a womens tag team belt

Have you never watched a womens tag match?

They're shitfests. Completely horrible. It's a shit idea.

I'm in for just putting them on one different show, like give Superstars to women only or whatever. That way we'd have at least more time for literally anything on RAW.
>>
>>1276334
Bump 4% up to like 8. I forgot to factor in commercial times.
>>
>>1276333

>not enough good workers to sustain it

eh, kinda agreed but since most of the women are part of a "team" anyway I just feel like making an official tag team division would at least make that worth something

Also kinda agree with the midcard title's thing but it always just depends on build and what you put at stake at least imo

As for the other show idea you can say people dont give a shit but that's all about perception and with how things are at the minute people have reason not to care maybe a shake up of some sort like this would give us reason to care.
>>
>>1276347
because this thread is from /woo/ nigger
>>
I guess of those 3 options, giving them their own show is the least bad. The last thing that division (and WWE in general) needs is more belts. The division is already pretty razor thin. At the most, people only want to see like 5 women. Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, Nattie, and Emma. Even Paige has been killed dead by shit booking. Nobody wants to see Tamina or Summer or whoever is left. So yeah, fuck it, give the women's division their own hour long show. Hire like 10 more women to fill it out. Could be worth something.

I just don't even understand how you can get a solid tag division with like 3 teams. Or what the point would be of an IC Divas title.
>>
OG thread
http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/res/5237499.php
>>
>>1276337
>Natalya, Becky, Charlotte, Sasha, Emma
Add Bayley to that soon and it's enough to warrant a bit more time on Raw or Smackdown. I'm getting sick of seeing nobody but Charlotte and Natalya every week.
>>
>>1276364
A tag belt would be great because they have loads of Women and only seem to want to have 1 or 2 angles going at the same time.

You just know Summerslam will have a one on one Women's title match and an 8 Woman shitfest
>>
>>1276364
That's basically 6 people

It's not enough to sustain a whole division
>>
>just sitting and copypasting an entire thread from /woo/
why?
>>
>>1276370
A division that would get 25 minutes of time an episode? Sure it is. People like Summer Rae are decent enough to be in there too. Plenty of NXT call ups will be available down the line as well.
>>
>>1276375
Pure, unadulterated autism.
>>
>>1276375
>>1276391
hey horse fuckers.

back to /woo/ ?
>>
A women's tag championship would be fine if there was more talent om the roster. As it stands now, you can count the number of women who can actually wrestle on the main roster on your hands.
>>
>>1276394
kys
>>
>>1276678
hey horse fucker back to /woo/
>>
>>1276687
'no'
>>
>Wants more titles
>Creative can't even sustain two storylines at once
>Women don't even wrestle anymore

One step at a time, buddy. Go back and count the number of women's matches on ALL the shows since WM. Its fucking pitiful. Its weird to say but atleast the PCB/Bellas/BAD thingy and the aftermath had more matches all over.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.