[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Young Bucks make wrestling seem fake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1035x690-A52W5296.jpg (128 KB, 1035x690) Image search: [Google]
1035x690-A52W5296.jpg
128 KB, 1035x690
I know people love the act, but part of the fun and drama of pro wrestling is when can suspend your disbelief and get into the story. Whenever I see the Young Bucks, I'm just constantly reminded that I'm watching a performance. Takes me out a lot. Thoughts?
>>
>>1275574
They are meme performers. People literally go to watch them because they are a meme, Cornette has only added to the meme. The Young Bucks combined wrestling with memes and made mega dollars.
>>
>The Young Bucks make wrestling seem fake

Wrestling in general makes wrestling seem fake.
>>
>>1275574
>The Young Bucks
>Pro Wrestling
>Fake

That's why it is Sports Entertainment and not fucking Pro Wrestling.

Get some knowledge before you talk. And no, I don't care about those two.
>>
>>1275589
>That's why it is Sports Entertainment and not fucking Pro Wrestling.
new japan confirmed for sports entertainment.
>>
>reminder that, to anyone with a bit of actual grappling experience, the vast majority of Pro Wrestling matches look horrible and fake

The only exceptions I've seen so far were invariably Japanese Pro Wrestling matches.
>>
>>1275600
Chad Gable looks pretty legit for obvious reasons
>>
>>1275574
> young cucks make wrestling seem fake
Well obviously
They are Shawn Michaels' rip-offs after all

>>1275600
> muh manhug experience
No one cares what homosexuals think
>>
File: 1456073037800.jpg (18 KB, 236x339) Image search: [Google]
1456073037800.jpg
18 KB, 236x339
>>1275607
>>
File: youngbuckdestroyer.jpg (8 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
youngbuckdestroyer.jpg
8 KB, 250x300
>>1275589

How would you have enjoyed Rocky 4 if Rocky steamrolled through Drago in one round during the final fight?

How would you have enjoyed Gladiator if Maximus no sold the stab in the side by the Emperor?

How would you have enjoyed Taxi Driver if Bickle smiled through the shoot-out at the end while shucking and jiving?

If any of that happend, in each case the drama and believability of the world the pieces of FAKE fiction created would have been ruined for you.

The fag looking Young Bucks with their fake ass stylings do the equivalent of the examples above and it ruins the moment of sitting back and enjoying wrestling for anyone who isn't a stunted comic-book-nerd manchild (aka modern smark) with an extremely odd conception of wrestling.
>>
>>1275623
This
Same reason i hate Ric Flair and his 'matches'
>>
>>1275623

I really don't care because I give zero fucks about them. I only watch some of NJPW ppv's and when I start not like how match's going, I skip. Same goes for WWE.

BTW only watch for curiosity, not that quality of business nowadays give me goosebumps. Since rare occasions matches are GOAT.
>>
>>1275601
Haven't seen him perform, but I obviously agree.

>>1275608
Nah, it's only gay when we make eye contact.
>>
>>1275657
>I really don't care because I give zero fucks about them

millennial.txt
>>
>>1275624

Prime Flair was fucking great though, he kept the funny stuff out of his big matches. It only became more prominent later on to compensate for his physical skill fading.

Anyway I agree with the Bucks to a degree. They have entertaining clusterfucks but they're not believable and I totally get why WWE didn't want them.
>>
>>1275724
>why WWE didn't want them.

lol they've turned down WWE more times than Reigns has gotten over
>>
>>1275762
Zero?
>>
>>1275791
At least twice in recent years.
>>
>>1275762
The only thing backing that up is their notoriously butthurt words, though. I believe that WWE came crawling to them and they said no just as much as I believe that they make main eventer money on their merch alone.
>>
>>1275829
> Young Bucks
> butthurt

?????
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.