[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck King of the Ring seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Wade-Barrett-King-of-the-Ring.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Wade-Barrett-King-of-the-Ring.png
1 MB, 1366x768
King of the Ring is a fucking awful reward. The last 2 people to win it...Sheamus and Wade Barrett went on long losing streaks the longer they kept mentioning they won the KotR.

This shit is cursed and besides the cheap crown and cheap scepter you don't earn SHIT being KotR

The last good KotR winner was based Regal. Fucker won KotR, was the Raw GM, kayfabe fucked Layla and won the Intercontinental Championship

THAT...my friends is an accomplishment.
>>
If they want to keep it around they need to do two things. Drop the props, unless they are befitting the character, and make it mean something. A title shot at one of the more important ppvs like Summerslam.

If they aren't willing to do that, and take it seriously, then its best to just leave it in the past.
>>
>>1274998

King of the Ring should earn you an immediate Championship match of your choosing similar to Money in the Bank.

Say you win and wanted to Challenge Roman Reigns for the WWE Championship or if you wanted to lower your standards and challenge Miz for the Intercontinental Championship. Not only do you get to have the match whenever you want, the champion can say no AND you get to name the stip of the match

BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KING OF THE RING
>>
>>1274986
The tittle hasnt meant anything besides for getting Booker super over.

>but Austin
He would still get over witouth it.
>>
>>1274986
the last time The King of the Ring meant anything was when the Edge won it and then Christian destroyed the Stanley cup
>>
>>1275011
Or maybe just let the king of the ring choose the PPV match types in kayfabe. so the king could, e.g., collude with the mitb winner to screw over the champ by making him fight an extreme rules match right before the briefcase is cashed
>>
>>1275033

You now remember Booker beating the worst drawing Smackdown World Champion of all time since Khali; Rey Mysterio for the belt; exposed the shit out of Lashley's limitations, Begrudgingly went over Batista (a man who personally despises him real life which lead to a real backstage fight) only to get buried to the earth's core by Triple H before fucking off to TNA
>>
>>1275106

I like the idea of King of the Ring having limited booking powers
>>
>>1275037

Edge's best year was 2007-2008

2009 when Edge got injured again and then turning face killed Edge. Heel Edge is always better than face Edge
>>
>>1275106
>>1275164

Like imagine if literally ANYONE ELSE other than Barrett won KotR and they didn't make them go on a fucking losing streak

I was all for Mad King Ambrose.
>>
>>1275163
Booker had quite the career.
>>
>>1275181

And it only got better when he went to TNA

>The state of his losing streak to Joe
>Him making his shitty unlicensed belt which is still with TNA to this day
>Winning the Tag-Team Championships with the man who wanted to break his neck in WCW
>>
King of the Ring is a good idea. Its just that they always stick the winner with that stupid King gimmick then never do anything else with it, like a title shot.
>>
>>1275201

King Barrett couldn't accomplish half of what King Regal accomplished

Fucker had a THRONE! Fit with him being the Raw GM
>>
> [concept] is the problem
> not WWE's shit booking

When are you marks ever gonna learn?
>>
>>1275208

Its both.
>>
>>1275163
>You now remember Booker beating the worst drawing Smackdown World Champion of all time since Khali;

I don't remember that for at least 2 reasons, marky.
>>
>>1275213

Wow how underage are you?
>>
File: LOS.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
LOS.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
>>1275209
No, it isn't.

If something isn't getting booked properly, the booking is the problem.

Every other promotion seems to be capable of pushing guys with tournament wins...
>>
>>1275214
Of-age enough to know that Booker T was WHC before Khali was.

> "since"

Also neither of them were even close to being the worst-drawing Smackdown champ.
>>
>>1275216

Prove it.

>>1275215

How would you know the business better than Vince McMahon?
>>
>>1275225
Just off the top of my head Swagger & Orton would've done far, far worse than Booker T or Khali.

> Appeal-to-authority

Oh, so you're shitposting.
>>
>>1275254

>Swagger

It was too early

>Orton

Be specific we talking after he wrestled a great match with Benoit or a greater match with Christian
>>
>>1275279
We're talking about how Orton in 2011 killed the Smackdown brand so dead that house shows began getting advertised as "WWE LIVE" so that Smackdown tours would actually sell tickets.
>>
>>1275284
no way
>>
>>1279944
Way.

Sorry to let facts ruin your delusions.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.