[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this ever any good or was it just trashy as fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: ECW.jpg (39 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
ECW.jpg
39 KB, 900x506
Was this ever any good or was it just trashy as fuck?
>>
>>1269839
always trashy, but had some good shit
>>
File: bmj.png (1 MB, 726x952) Image search: [Google]
bmj.png
1 MB, 726x952
T R A S H Y

A S

F U C K
>>
It wasn't even all that trashy. Yeah, they had hardcore shit but they also had some of the most talented workers and brought in foreign people and put on some good shows. The hardcore aspect wasn't reflective of the entire company
>>
>>1269845
the fans were always niggers the entire program
>>
>>1269847
Well yeah it was in Viking Hall near where all the niggers lived.
>>
Did they ever have a betterm atch than the street fight WWF did with Triple H and Cactus Jack?
>>
>>1269839
It was both

That pseudo-intellectual Cornette can talk shit all he likes about how it was embarrassing but Heyman is a genius and WWF got over WCW in the Monday night wars largely in part because they stole his ideas
>>
>>1269915

Is there anyone who doesn't like Heyman?
>>
>>1269839
It was innovative and still has a lot of unique things about it if compared to WWE.

>refs actually know how to move out the way rather then get hit like retards
>popularized tapping out to submissions
>popularized the triple threat match
>popularized tables being used
>popularized hardcore matches
>responsible for bringing in the most decorated tag team in WWE's history (the dudley boys)
>it's name is still chanted to this day sometimes and not the WWE's version but the original true ECW is always intended
>helped to bring lucha style to mainstream in American wrestling (WCW arguably helped even more)
So if you like guys like Rey, Sin Cara, Kalisto then thank both ECW and WCW a lot
>a ton of talent either made their mark in ECW or were ECW main guys before jumping (dudley's, RVD, Dreamer, Stone Cold, Chris Benoit, etc)
>many wrestlers borrowed gimmicks or straight up ripped off from ECW guys
Biggest ones that come to mind are Shane Douglas and The Sandman. HHH borrowed heavily from Douglas in almost every way and Austin definitely borrowed some mannerism from Sandman as well as the beer drinking redneck thing.
>innovated tons of chants that still to this day you here (many of which the smarks love to chant)

ECW was phenomenal anon. It might not have been completely perfect but it's still my favorite promotion ever to this day. They had top notch stories, characters and atmosphere. Contrary to what many might think ECW wasn't only hardcore shit. There was rope breaks for one. Wrestlers have also been DQ in ECW before. Also a fun fact is that TNA lost in a month what ECW lost in it's entire existence as a company. Unlike ECW TNA has been backed by a billionaire. Just an FYI on how incompetent of a company TNA has been. Also Heyman has mentioned it before but he was actually owed about 2 million dollars or so that he never got to collect on because ppv companies jewed the jew.
>>
Nah, it had legit good matches- comparable to what WCW was doing with the cruiserweights, and better than most of what WWE was doing. ECW consistently had the best PPVs of the 3 aswell. They just didn't have the big attractions of the other two. The mix of technical wrestling plus hardcore and insane spots was good. One minute you'd have Lance Storm and Jerry Lynn putting on a technical classic, next minute New Jack jumping off a 30ft balcony and maiming someone with a cheese grater. That was the beauty of ECW.
>>
It had a lot less useless jobbing that WCW or WWF, probably because they were never really established and always on the verge of bankruptcy
>>
>>1269847
the drunk smarks were better than the nerd fans of today and their this is awesome chants
>>
>>1270101

This

Most modern smarks you can see checking twitter during matches and jerking off because they boo reigns and cena
>>
Best ECW matches?
>>
>>1269839
The weekly show needed to be stitched together from highlight reels taken over the last month of house shows in order to be watchable. What does that tell you?
>>
>>1269845
ECW was EXTREME, not always hardcore. There's a difference.
>>
>>1269920
Heaps of people, he owes tons of wrestlers money and talked out of both sides of his mouth like a typical jew.
>>
>>1269839
The trashiness was what set it apart of all mainstream wrestling. I used to watch ECW PPVs as a kid and enjoy them for how trashy they were.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltJcSVXXUnw

Totally not trashy, all about the wrestling here
>>
>>1270333
Scaffold matches are a Southern rasslin' invention.
>>
It was trashy because wrestling was never seen in that form before compared to the 2 big shots at the time
>>
>>1270333

5 minutes in and all they've done is take turns to weakly throw each other into hard surfaces.

>to win, both wrestlers have to climb scaffold and throw the other off

This is fucking stupid
>>
>>1270311
Rey Mysterio Jr vs. Psicosis
Malenko vs. Guerrero 2 out of 3 falls
RVD vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
Pitbulls vs. Raven and Stevie Richards 2 out of 3 falls Dog collar match
Chris Benoit vs. Al Snow
pretty much any RVD vs. Jerry Lynn match
Beulah vs. Bill Alfonso
Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka
RVD and Sabu vs. Hayabusa and Jinsei Shinsaki
Gangstas vs. Mass Transit & D-Von Dudley
>>
>>1270404

Sabu is kind of underrated, people just assume he's a garbage wrestler but he was actually pretty good in the ring.
>>
>>1270408
best gimmick in ecw imo
>>
>>1270333
Joey Styles would have been so much better without the OMG catchphrase
>>
>>1270333
Hey Jim
>>
>>1270404
Don't forget about Taz my nigga. He was a beast. His matches with Bam Bam were great. I would also say his matches with Douglas are worth a watch.

Douglas is underrated on this board. He was such a great heel and HHH stole his gimmick. I also liked his rivalry with the Pitbulls.

Finally a team that I feel is pretty underrated in ECW was Danny Doring and Roadkill. It's unfortunate they never got to do much outside of ECW. Roadkill is a guy that is 100 pounds bigger than Owens and was doing some of that high flying stuff Owens did with a much more intimidating height/weight and power to him. People should definitely check out at least one of their good matches.

I liked much of ECW anyways so I could probably recommend a ton of other matches.
>>
File: roadkill.jpg (62 KB, 600x787) Image search: [Google]
roadkill.jpg
62 KB, 600x787
>>1270473
Picture of Roadkill. I'd take him over that overrated Owens any day.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.