[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people actually like Mauro Renallo or am I being trolled?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: Mauro Ranallo_zpscpqqx0is.jpg (7 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
Mauro Ranallo_zpscpqqx0is.jpg
7 KB, 150x150
Do people actually like Mauro Renallo or am I being trolled? Everyone seems to love him, yet his voice is unbearable.
Sure he can call moves, but he doesn't even get that right all the time, calls a double leg take down a spear here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RubiA_CkcvE (1:20)
He's also called a drop kick a Helluva kick before, cant find the video though
All he has going for him is a change from the norm and excitement while announcing, but he has to have one of the most annoying voices I've heard from commentary.
>>
>anti-smark Thursday

Wew
>>
>>1267142
I'm genuinely curious, how can people get over the voice? He's got everything else going for him
>>
>>1267135
He's got the best broadcasting voice WWE has had since JR, what the fuck is wrong with you? He actually sounds like a professional.
>>
File: tumblr_nsz9byoiTK1rg89a6o1_540.jpg (87 KB, 540x539) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsz9byoiTK1rg89a6o1_540.jpg
87 KB, 540x539
>>1267145
Its hard to put in words, other than really it grinds my gears
It almost sounds like he's putting the voice on, doesn't sound natural overly exited. He can keep things fresh with his commentary and I respect him for that, but his voice just sounds awkward and tryhard.
>>
>>1267135
Assuming his position at ringside it's not like you can call the moves perfect each time so it makes sense why the takedown would look like a spear
>>
I'm not very familiar with english commentators because I'm hispanic, but when I hear his comments in the highlights, I can say that this guy is genuinely great doing his work
>>
IMO it's because he's the only commentator WWE has that actually comes across like a professional sports commentator. Everyone else sounds very awkward/incompetent to me.
>>
File: woolad.png (92 KB, 1791x519) Image search: [Google]
woolad.png
92 KB, 1791x519
>>1267142
back to woo nig
>>
I'd rather have a guy throw out 98% the right moves instead of michael cole yelling 'oh, what a hit' after every fucking thing
>>
>>1267160
how is Mauro not awkward?
>>
>>1267193
because he's not you dumbass
>>
>>1267186
at least Byron is quiet, why the fuck is he even a commentator?
>>
>>1267186
wow, he knows the names of moves, congrats. Commentators should know these things by default, if Cole doesn't know them then that's a problem, but nothing to do with the shitty, over the top exited voice of Mauro
>>
OP I honestly don't know what your damage is. Ranallo is the most based commentator since JR was in his prime. His voice is always hype as fuck and he knows more about sports in general and wrestling than anyone there (maybe with the exception of JBL but JBL is on auto mode and mails it in most of the time).
>>
>>1267211
Gotta have a black commentator for muh diversity
>>
>>1267278
Put JBL and Ranallo together on RAW and ship Cole off to Smackdown. I get the feeling that JBL is just sick of working with Cole.
>>
>>1267298
>Put JBL and Ranallo together on RAW
No thanks

I want to hear wrestling commentary not constant references to the english premier league for 3 hours straight
>>
>>1267298
They would work so well together it's not even funny, I could see Mauro reference something a wrestler did in the past and JBL blowing that shit out the water.
The banter would be fucking top tier
>>
>>1267298
JBL and Cole are friends IRL. I would simply remove Byron. Each show gets only two announcers. Move Raw back to two hours.

Mauro is good because he actually calls a match for once. WWE needs him.
>>
File: tumblr_ns9j5ptbJs1ry3n9io1_540.jpg (93 KB, 540x534) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns9j5ptbJs1ry3n9io1_540.jpg
93 KB, 540x534
>>1267353
He's a good announcer in terms of content and actually calling matches, but he's got this over the top, kind of awkward way of doing it. I get behind his passion and style, but it's too much

and his voice is annoying
>>
I understand what op is saying, though it doesn't really bother me all that much. Mauro's got that fake, radio dj inflection going, doesn't sound authentic at all. Get the feeling that in private conversation he's probably got a really quiet, flat voice and he overcompensates while working.
>>
>>1267152

They have monitors in the announce table that show what the viewer at home is seeing. It might be slightly different on Smack!Down, considering it's pre-taped and can therefore be edited, but I imagine they still get a view from at least the hard camera.
>>
>>1267169
this isn't going to become a thing
>>
>>1267370
>but he's got this over the top, kind of awkward way of doing it. I get behind his passion and style, but it's too much

I kind of get what you mean. People said that Don West often got too over enthusiastic but I liked his announcing a lot. In fact I would love to see him and Tenay announce for WWE. Just those two of course.

Honestly I just see WWE announcers as the worst right now. So that's likely a huge reason I like Mauro.
>>
>>1267370
Holy shit.

Is that really kevin? Dude use to be normal weight
>>
>>1267472
Begging you to go back to woo

Manlet nerd
>>
He is a great wrestling commentator, but an even better MMA commentator.
>>
>>1267487
>>1267487
I would rather have someone like Mauro or Don West pretend to give a shit, instead of having someone like Michael Cole or Todd Grisham sound like they are void of human emotion. I'll never forget when Christian returned in 2009 and Todd Grisham said "It's Christian" like he never left in the first place, with zero conviction.
>>
>>1267517
Spoken like a true mandrama fan, dude was fucking awful at MMA commentary. Didn't know what the fuck he was looking at half the time and clearly came from a pro wrestling background and treated a legitimate sport as such.
>>
>>1267521
>don west
kek

In all seriousness, Mauro is a great commentator and yeah, he doesn't have the greatest of voices but it's a thousand times more tolerable than Michael Cole.
>>
Started in Vancouver as a heel manager in Al Tomko's promotion. Did TV sports broadcasts in regular Vancouver TV. Did English commentary on Japanese wrestling.
>>
MAMA MIA
>>
>>1267489
Kys nigger. hang from a tree.
>>
Mauro: THE USHIGOROSHI

King: The what?

Byron: ...

Vince: God damn it
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.