[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has he ever been a draw?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: randy-orton-27278979-620x400.jpg (51 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
randy-orton-27278979-620x400.jpg
51 KB, 620x400
Has he ever been a draw?
>>
Judging by his ratings and ticket sales?

Nope.
>>
>>1262801
Obviously. Normies love Randy and even more now after that "RKO OUTTA NOWHERE XD" meme
>>
>>1262801
Ratings plummeted with him as champ in 2013 IIRC. Could be wrong though.

Don't know if you can blame him entirely since that was a very frustrating time to be a WWE fan. They seriously dropped the ball with their storylines after summerslam
>>
>>1262801
Why does it matter?
>>
>>1262801

2007. He was hot as hell and people wanted him to beat Cena so badly.
Then Cena went over. And then he was booked like a geek.
>>
File: bmjortondrawpunkBTFO.png (34 KB, 1009x386) Image search: [Google]
bmjortondrawpunkBTFO.png
34 KB, 1009x386
>>1262801
for most of his career actually, heres a chart provided by forbes.
>>
>>1262969
>He was hot as hell
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>1262980
>CM Cuck nearly killed the WWE

lmao
>>
File: kek.jpg (116 KB, 640x373) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
116 KB, 640x373
>>1262986
Vey funny. Here, have some laughing apes.
>>
>>1262980
>Rev lowers every time Cena is champ
'bmj' btfo
>>
Orton has been the only draw in modern WWE.

Everytime Cena is champ, shit drops, and CM Punk's post return fucking nearly killed the company.
>>
Honestly his career had some really good storylines.
His legend killer phase
His Ima kick everyone into a coma phase
His feud with triple h when Stephanie got rko'd while hhh was handcuffed and Orton kissed her
His stuff with the legacy while it coulda been a lot better had some truly great moments that rumble where they dominated is amongst my faves.
Did not watch during evolution so I can't talk about that.
Do I want him to return
Not really its time for the people we liked loved disliked and hated for the past ten years to slowly get phased out.
And please for the love of god if I have to watch randy Orton in 2016 can he at least be a heel.
>>
>>1263090
The only run you mentioned here that could be concidered good was his legend killer gimmick
>>
>>1263095
To you maybe I'm 26 years old.
I grew up as a kid watching from 97 till early early 2000 got brainwashed by the whole it's fake it stupid stopped watching.
Pick it back up in 06 I started out actually liking John cena before I realized he wins all the god damn time.
For awhile I watched every raw sd and Ecw all the ppvs too. The network woulda been good in 07 when I bought every PPv hoping cena woulda lose.
I was 16/17 during this time period that I got back into.
There were a lot of things Orton did in his career that were good. Not to mention he's had some really good matches, and has been a part of some memorable exchanges
>>
>legend killer > Every other Orton gimmick
Orton is not interesting unless he's the legend killer
>>
>>1262980
There has been a decline with almost every Cena reign
>>
File: legendkilla.png (300 KB, 720x992) Image search: [Google]
legendkilla.png
300 KB, 720x992
>>1263127
This
His HEY theme with the pyro raining down behind him was god tier.
>>
TOP KEK

FRANK THE Cuck

gets btfo by based randy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yRjr8Ux-60&feature=youtu.be&t=36s
>>
>>1263145
Kek. Randy is so based
>>
>>1262980
CM Cuck BTFO
Cena BTFO
Orton confirmed draw
>>
>>1262801
He was good as the legend killer desu but since then he's been forced as one of the top dogs like Roman, but not as bad
>>
I think he's there mostly for women.
>>
>>1263127
fucking this
Orton was the GOAT during that time.
>>
>>1262801
He has drawn more than any vanilla midget that has been champion
>>
>>1262810
Not enough to watch the show or spend $9.99 a month, though

John Cena became a meme and he just does Amy Schumer movies now
>>
>>1267026
>RKO OUTTA NOWHERE
>Randy Orton isn't wrestling

>JOHN CENA
>BMJ isn't wrestling

>JR's calls on other sporting events
>JR hasn't been with the company in 3 years

Why do normies make memes out of wrestling personalities that are no longer relevant?
>>
>>1263127
Nah he was pretty good as the Punt man.

Probably one of the most threatening non monster wrestler of the last decade.
>>
Why the fuck do you care? Stop pretending to be in the business, You guys are more cringey than smarks.
>>
He's been let go.
>>
>>1262980
is cm punk's drop off the heel turn and big sexy feud?
>>
>>1262980
This is a fake picture with the wrong info
>>
>>1268264
> Orton a bigger draw than Lesnar

FUCKING
LEL
>>
>>1262801
No. He only became the youngest champion because they wanted to delete Brock from the history books.
>>
>>1262801
He could have been. They dropped the ball with him so many times though. I'm kinda glad in a way though. He was boring as The Guy. I like 'hey guys I don't give a fuck any more' Randy Orton from the past few years.
>>
>>1268299
Orton not drawing is hardly WWE's fault considering they spent the better part of a decade force-pushing him.
>>
>>1268268

>CM PUNK FAN AND CENA FAN DETECTED WITH IMMENSE ASSHURT
>>
He was never a good draw, but he was a believable main eventer.

I think he was only able to match whoever his opponent was, however.

>>1262818

There's this time frame from Night of Champions to TLC where absolutely nothing happens. I think it's just a consequence of timing, and not necessarily him being Champion. I could very well be wrong though, we could compare it to the years before and after, and see how he did.
>>
>>1268459
Literally every time Orton enters a world title scene ratings for that show dropped.

It happened in the Summer of 2007 when he was made #1 Contender

It happened in 2011 on SmackDown
>>
Randy Orton in NJPW will give him ton of international power. Like Brock Lesnar, Orton could seal the fucking in being the most hyped wrestler coming.
>>
>>1268468

I guess I just let my bias get in the way; you made good points.
>>
>>1268493
> Fragile Randy working in the land of Strong Style

top lel
>>
Randy is a no draw shitter
>>
>>1268320

WWE "force-pushing" anyone is bad and a detriment to a wrestler's career; In other words, yes, it is their fault.

See: ADR, Seamus, Reigns, McIntyre... Orton and Cena in certain ways...
>>
>>1269859
And yet Cena became a draw while Orton didn't.

Ever consider that maybe RKMeme just sucks?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.