[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it all go wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: wwe.png (144 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
wwe.png
144 KB, 490x490
Where did it all go wrong?
>>
File: 010213_chris-benoit_600.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
010213_chris-benoit_600.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
WWE hasn't been good since 2007, my man.
>>
>>1262441
Vince buying WCW.
>>
>>1262499
Exactly.

Once he no longer had any competition Vince had no incentive to put on any product besides the one he wanted.
>>
Since it become formulaic and safe to keep to the shareholders happy.

The fact is you can still have a decent PG show, when I watched wrestling as a kid pre-Attitude/RA era's it was pretty much a cartoon/PG show and very enjoyable.
It doesn't need to be edgy to be good.
>>
>>1262500
>Once he no longer had any competition Vince had no incentive
And that's the bottom line.

Vince's life work was business; not wrestling. He wanted to play the industry like a game of Monopoly, and he somehow won spectacularly, despite some promotions having better content, and others having greater financial backing.

But with hindsight, that was all he was ever doing. Vince should have stepped down in 2002 - the WWE has been slowly dying for 14 years now. But he is probably also a bit too addicted to the huge crowd reactions that he gets - getting on TV once every few weeks, just enough to feed his addiction to a big cheer or boo, but never quite outstaying his welcome.
>>
Cenas first wwe title win.
>>
>>1262520
phs
>>
They employed far too many manlets who are prone to injury due to their small bones and muscles.

Wrestlemania 32 was a disaster because of all the injuries and the product has yes to recover.

Perhaps Meme club will restore faith but I sincerely doubt it consider it is made up of 3 manlets and a guy who has failed at every gimmick thrown at him.
>>
>>1262441
When they made the company itself heels
>>
When they started to primarily aim their product at 8 year olds
>>
>>1262441
when they felt indebted to give free job to anoai subhumans
>>
>>1262525
> Cena, Orton, Sting, Rollins
> manlets

You are the most fucking retarded tripcunt on this chan by a fucking mile.
>>
Too many beta vegan indy manlets
>>
"We should market our product to a demographic that relies on their parents money"
>>
>>1262793
/asp/?
>>
File: 1458823810316.gif (2 MB, 480x381) Image search: [Google]
1458823810316.gif
2 MB, 480x381
>AJ Styles
>Roman carrying the company on his back
>Dean Cuckbrose in a nothing feud with cool dad
>ran and owned by an alpha Trump supporter

Seems p fucking based to me rn ngl family
>>
1. PG

2. Mistreatment of heels. The heels are never portrayed as being monsters but instead always win by pulling some bitchmade group attacks. Keep bringing back the old guys to beat up the new guys for a cheap pop as well. Destroys any sort of heat and makes most of the heels like the Wyatts and LoN a joke.

3. Roster is over saturated as fuck, like half of the roster could be title material if they were booked properly.
>>
>>1262441
idk shane is like fucking 60 years old vince shouldnt even be alive anymore you got old ass senile ex-stars putting up bland and boring shit weekly that feels like a work to watch.

IMO PG is what made it shit i was having great time watching this PPV Starcade while ago coz even if the music sucked wrestling was really fucking good and brutal. Now the music´s great but you cant wrestle and give the most cash to the most neon faggot around who spins 360°
they should make RAW the adult show with no PG shit and turn Smackdown into babies friendly playhouse where jobbers pretend to damage each other even more lightly than they currently do
>>
>>1262441
It's always been wrong

80's/early 90s was the era of gigantic 300lb musclemen who couldn't or didn't wrestle watchable matches

90s/early 00s was the era of wacky storylines and skits

early/mid 2000s was more of the early 90s and tryhard edginess that was either tasteless or cringy or both

late 2000s-now has good wrestling but the company has forgotten how to book something that lasts more than 3 weeks and doesn't go 50/50, and has made their entire roster look like a bunch of jabronis
>>
File: oh yeah real cuck ;^).jpg (30 KB, 288x512) Image search: [Google]
oh yeah real cuck ;^).jpg
30 KB, 288x512
>>1262798
>>
>>1262888
why does he seem to hate any fans that arent kids?
>>
>>1262932
because adult fans are pathetic
>>
>>1262499
this
wrestling died with WCW
>>
>>1262583
Cena ,sting and seth are all legitmently manlets though
>>
>>1262571
this
i hate those seaniggers
and actual niggers
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.