[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any theories about why Roman Reigns is.being pushed so hard besides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 8
File: Roman-Reigns-images-.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1230) Image search: [Google]
Roman-Reigns-images-.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1230
Any theories about why Roman Reigns is.being pushed so hard besides the obvious of having Vince's look

>being built as some mega heel
>>
family connections.

everyone who has family connection is being pushed beeg or is in the spotlight.

>Roman
>usos
>sasha
>charlotte

The wrestlers in this generation who doesn't have connections needs to start their own legacy, so their kids will be the one pushed to the top.
>>
>>1259025
Family connection isn't always true.
>Curtis Axel
>Deuce/Sim Snuka
>Manu
>Jesse
All children of WWE Hall of Famers who never really made it big, or at least bigger than upper mid-card
>>
Vince wants another Rock. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>1259023
I just think it's really funny how in the 2014 Royal Rumble, everyone was behind Reigns when he was in the final two. Imagine, if Roman won and Batista didn't we might not be having to have all these anti-Roman discussions. We wouldn't have to criticize WWE for crowd muting because it probably wouldn't be there. They pushed him way too late. They should've had him go to Wrestlemania, lose clean to Bryan and then spend 2015 building himself up even further.
>>
>>1259026
you're correct but they usually get bigger pushes than the ones who don't have any connection you know. they get the chance to impress vince enough to get pushed.
>>
>>1259028
>lose clean to Bryan
that's even worst. because we all know daniel bryan career was near over, but he just didn't want to tell anybody
>>
Vince literally thinks he's Nu-Rock.

Also he's a 100% WWE-made guy. They can program that automaton however they want.

>>1259030
Nobody knew how poor Bryan's health was then, not even Bryan himself.

And if Sheamus hadn't booted his skull in on that Smackdown who knows how much longer he could've lasted?
>>
>>1259033
>Nobody knew how poor Bryan's health was then, not even Bryan himself.

but knowing what was going to happen was the right choice for roman to go over.
>>
>>1259039
If we're playing that game, we know that Reigns has been a complete flop as top guy, so Bryan going over would've at least given us a great (possibly GOAT even) WrestleMania main event and an actual sympathetic babyface for Rollins to cash in on.
>>
>>1259028
>I just think it's really funny how in the 2014 Royal Rumble, everyone was behind Reigns when he was in the final two.

That's because he was Shield Roman, and Shield was collectively over. When the Shield was split up and Roman got the Hogan/Cena push, is when people started rejecting him.
>>
>>1259044

Reigns hasn't injured himself except for the one time he had enternal injures which didn't cause him his career. Reitns isn't as over as vince want him to be but at least he could count on reigns not being crippled
>>
>>1259033
Let me ask you this then;
Would Roman be hated if he paid his dues on the independent circuit?
>>
>>1259028
People only cheered Roman because they hated Batista more. Its the same reason HHH got cheered at WM32.
>>
>>1259051
I meant internal
>>
>>1259052
I think it's a matter of paying them in general. I'm not sure he's comfortable with the spotlight yet. If he comes into his own in the inevitable heel run at this point(That or they're just going to be muting the crowd for the next year), then he will be relatively over, though unless he really starts getting the microphone down he wont reach anything near what they're pushing him like.
>>
>>1259051
Reigns has had a few minor injuries throughout his career. Did you forget about his nosejob earlier this year?

And even so, healthy or hurt, he still can't fucking draw a dime.

>>1259052
If Reigns was on the indies he'd be just as respected as Mike Bennett.
>>
Ancient Samoan blowjobs.

The technique can't be matched. Roman got those lips too.
>>
>>1259059
Like i said those aren't serious injures.

Also reigns is a draw though, people buys his merch and kids buy his toys. Saying reigns isn't a draw is a lie.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 1416x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 1416x680
>>1259061
>>
>>1259064
>Saying reigns isn't a draw is a lie.

His ratings and ticket sales would beg to differ.

And his merch isn't selling well for somebody pushed as hard as he is.

New Day are moving more merch than him.
>>
>>1259028
>failing to understand the crowd

Hey Vince, what's up?

I'll tell you why Roman was cheered in 2014 RR. It's because the crowd wanted to sabotage the event as Daniel Bryan was not in it.
They booed Batista and then Rey Mysterio, two faces, not because they hated them in particular but because they were not DBry. So if you want to sabotage an event why not cheer any heel over the faces?
>Roman was over. They should have pushed him earlier
No he wasn't. They started the megapush right after WM30, so 6 weeks later and he started getting booed out of the building.
t. the crowd
>>
>>1259067
Well he was drawing earlier in 2015. Don't know about in 2016 but for sure he draws bigger than seth rollins. Also newday is fine in the tag team right now. They sell alot of merch that's why their still the tag team champions.
>>
>>1259070
>Well he was drawing earlier in 2015.

[Citation Needed]

>Don't know about in 2016 but for sure he draws bigger than seth rollins.

No he doesn't.
>>
>>1259023
vince is bi and wants to bang roman the same way he did with shawn
>>
>>1259071
http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-reasons-roman-reigns-is-outdrawing-john-cena-at-wwe-shows

Seth rollins is literally the lowest drawing champion since shawn
>>
>>1259074
>whatculture
>>
>>1259076
>shows proof

>NOPE IT's praising roman!!
>>
>>1259078
>uses whatculture as citation
>>
>>1259080
>being in denial

We get it you don't like roman because he doesn't do flippy shit like daniel
>>
>>1259078
> WhatCulture anecdotes
> pure numbers with zero analysis

Why are Romarks so dumb?
>>
>>1259083
Reigns can barely draw better houses than Ambrose despite getting over 500 times the push.

> Bryan
> flippy

You utter dullard.
>>
>>1259083
>daniel bryan
>flippy shit

romarks are retarded the houseshow rates are up because ticket prices are up
>>
>>1259083
>Daniel Bryan
>Flippy Shit
Have you even SEEN a Daniel Bryan match you fucking retard?
>>
>>1259059
I thought the Broken Nose was a work?
>>
>>1259023
Turning him into a heel is the best option, we already saw some heelish traits yesterday
>>
>>1259087
>>1259086
>>1259085The above table looks at the attendance performance of wrestlers who appeared in house show main events in U.S. and Canadian cities.

Cena has the best attendance average, but he’s also the one who was booked in the most “A” cities. Essentially he had the greatest opportunity to draw. That said, his “A” city average is also the best. His “B” and “B+” city average is the best among those who worked more than 4 main events in cities of those grades. His “C” city average is among the weakest, though.

For most of the house shows in 2015, there was a “Cena tour” and a “Reigns tour”. There were only four house shows all year where Cena and Roman Reigns both appeared on the same card. Cena’s average was better than Reigns’ average in “A” cities and “B”/”B+” cities, but not in the smaller “C” cities, where Reigns toured more than twice as often as Cena.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/01/13/2015-year-end-stats-star-ratings-tv-attendance-wwe-njpw-nxt-roh/

Heres the source ya fat manlers nerds
>>
>>1259087>>1259085

Yeah he became a flippy shit after he turned face, and wasn't a technacial wrestler anymore.
>>
>>1259093
reigns was also built around the SS tour which had the lowest buyrate of 2015
>>
>>1259094
>Being this retarded
>>
>>1259097
>being into flippy shit.

Being retarded and flying out the ring got him concussed ya dip
>>
File: 1460488925560.jpg (96 KB, 864x485) Image search: [Google]
1460488925560.jpg
96 KB, 864x485
ITT: fat smarks butthurt at Roman for being good looking
>>
>>1259099
>suicide dive
>flippy shit

kek
>>
>>1259099
A suicide dive isn't "flippy shit" you dumb fuck
>>
>>1259103
>>1259102
Being this mad that roman is a draw while his favorite wrestler had to literally kill himself to entertain the fans.

Kys ya manlets
>>
>>1259094
Name 5 flippy moves that Bryan consistently used.
>>
>>1259104
That isn't what this is about, I literally called you out for being fucking clueless about wrestling moves you fucking moron. Stop projecting Pajeet
>>
>>1259113
His arsenal consist of flippy kicks

>>1259115
Kek this mad he has to spout memes of me being pajeet.
Still being mad roman is a draw
>>
>>1259116
> flippy kicks

Name them.
>>
>>1259100
There are plenty of smark darlings far better looking than "The Guy" who can't even take off his padded vest.
>>
>>1259116
You keep changing what this is about you fucking retard. He has never done a "flippy kick" in his life. The closest thing he's done to a flippy kick is an Enziguiri, which isn't even a flip at all. He's never even done a moonsault. You are the dumbest person alive
>>
>>1259119
Yeah right
>>
>>1259122
Still mad roman is a draw manlet nerd?

>>1259118
Hmm you're right daniel bryan wasn't a flippy shit but all he i remember him doing are is kicks and other kick variants
>>
>>1259124
> Romarks are genuinely lovestruck
>>
File: 1462231785230.png (245 KB, 421x316) Image search: [Google]
1462231785230.png
245 KB, 421x316
>>1259128
>R-Rom-man i-i-isn't even that pretty
>>
>>1259132
Kek
>>
>>1259132
He isn't even the prettiest member of his FCW tag team.
>>
>>1259052
Having "paid your dues" has nothing to to do woth people's distaste for Reigns. People like Bray Wyatt and he didn't do indies. Maybe if Reigns had been in the indies he'd be better at the things that people dislike about him but he'd probably still be getting this crazy push that makes people hate him.
>>
File: farmer.jpg (48 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
farmer.jpg
48 KB, 960x960
>>1259023

I think because he's obviously built as a Main Eventer (Wrestlemania, not that thing they used to have on wednesday) and being sort of related to the Rock they figured he'd be a safe bet.

Putting him in the Shield worked well, and got all three over. It's a bit of a shame they didn't give him more emphasis in singles matches, and possibly given him the US Championship instead of Ambrose. He needed to be a more credible singles heel before becoming a liked face. Everyone goes through this process.

After Wrestlemania 31 is when they really botched things up though. Reigns stayed around, and fought the Wyatts for half a year, and Brock was "suspended".

Instead what they should have done was have Rollins taunt Roman the night after Mania, and have Roman go on a rampage. Keep him gone for awhile by getting him suspended instead of Lesnar.

Rollins feuds with Ambrose/Orton, and Lesnar gets his rematch and gets interrupted by Undertaker as already happened. Then Roman returns and challenges Rollins at Summerslam.

I feel like Roman either being heel, or being off screen for awhile would have saved his mega push. But going super Roman for half a year just made fans exhausted.

Also the faggot needs a manager or girlfriend or something.
>>
>>1259125
Shut the fuck up Pajeet
>>
>>1259146
Stay fat manlet nerd
>>
>>1259047
Roman has been protected like Hogan since the first day he put on westling tights in fcw.
>>
>>1259074
>whatculture

you might as well have just posted a fanfiction
>>
>>1259145
The only thing which MIGHT have saved his mega-push was if he actually became talented.
>>
isn't it funny that on this site there's literally just one Roman fan, who has no life and posts 24/7 insults like ''manlet,fat, nerd, fedora'' and Roman images?

Who's more pathetic? Roman or his no real life fanboy?
>>
>>1259166

10/10
>>
>>1259074
Actually no.

The lowest rating last year was Roman/Sheamus getting 2.16 after Survivor Series.

Roman 2.16 says ''I just ruined a company''
>>
>>1259176
t. Carter
>>
>>1259176
Kys carter
>>
>>1259025
There are only two other guys who held a major title in Roman's family and the other more famous one is a voodoo blood pact family member.

If this were only purely about family connections then David Flair would be nearing his father's title count.
>>
>>1259044
>so Bryan going over would've at least given us a great (possibly GOAT even) WrestleMania main event

as someone who isn't crazy about either reigns or bryan i think it was better the way it did happen because bryan getting shoehorned into the main event 2 years in a row would've set a pretty bad precedent in the long run
>>
Think back to Reigns winning the 2015 Royal Rumble. Would you have liked it more if Rusev snuck up behind him and eliminated him successfully instead?
>>
>>1259179
Actually it says
"This will take place on the day when God judges people's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares."
>>
File: Up and over.jpg (60 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
Up and over.jpg
60 KB, 650x433
>>1260495
My knee-jerk reaction is yes, but I'm not sure if he could've carried Wrestlemania back then. Given how badly they booked Roman for those months, they'd probably have fucked up on Rusev as well.
>>
I doubt there's any grander reason besides maybe what >>1259025 said.

The real question is why WWE thinks this is all a good idea, I mean shit at least when Cena was getting booed he was getting cheered just as often and after a certain point booing him was just the cool thing to do amongst the male audience or whatever.

I don't think I've ever seen a main eventer get this much "get the fuck off my TV screen" heat, at least not this early into their main event lifetime.
>>
File: 1382727821491.gif (1 MB, 245x195) Image search: [Google]
1382727821491.gif
1 MB, 245x195
>>1259023

Because they gotta have someone to feed to Cena when he gets back.
>>
Roman's fans are kids and women.
Kids are guaranteed at least 2 tickets, one for the kid and one for an adult.
A fat smark is 1 ticket, except if you are that guy on a redshirt from NXMeme.
Vince doesn't have to sell wrestling to us, he's selling it to the kids.
>>
thing about roman is they wanted a new rock and forgot that before he was the rock he was rocky maivia

and rocky maivia never won the world title three times before becoming the rock
>>
>>1260631
Roman's got a unique position handed to him now where he can become a monster heel, at a time where there are very few of them on the roster. One less now that Ryback is out the door. Even when the Rock was a heel, he was never Bork. Roman can become the new Bork as long as WWE plays their cards right.
>>
Casuals and girls love Roman and thats all that matters to Vincent
>>
He has the look Vince loves, he has the family connection, he's a company man they can mold like Cena.

>>1259052
>Would Roman be hated if he paid his dues on the independent circuit?

That's not why people are booing him though. It's because Reigns is stale as fuck in everything he does.
>>
>>1259088
>I thought the Broken Nose was a work?

It was. He needed surgery on his nose for a while, the "broken nose" angle was just a clever way to take advantage of a legitimate injury from a while back
>>
>>1260670
What did he need surgery for?
>>
>>1260729
severe butthurt
>>
>>1259025

Then why is a talented guy like Stardust jobbing so hard?
>>
>>1260763
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0fzTwF4G98
Two and a half years later this is still true.
>>
>>1260763

pretty sure vince doesn't like dusty at all, least he didn't before he died and shit
>>
>>1260769
Good promo desu. Why did they give this guy such a retarded fucking gimmick again?
>>
File: Hiss.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Hiss.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>1260814
It worked for all of 5 seconds when he and Goldust were teaming together. And like any retarded gimmick, Cody is such a great actor that he still makes it passable.

I don't even care if he remains as Stardust, just fucking do something with the guy. Anything.
>>
>>1260763
Vince never liked Dusty and tried to bury him when he came to the fed. But because Dusty was Dusty he still got over. Why do you think Goldust was given a homosexual angle for so long?
>>
>>1259026
Don't forget Bray and Bo Dallas
>>
>>1259023
>Vince now people love booing Romans
>He knows people love to give Romans heat
>Lets push the guy so more people can hate him
i think Vince is a genius , he literally made Cena 2.0
>>
>>1260450
Was Bryan in the Rumble that year?
>>
>>1261333
I agree. Getting the crowd to split for a guy kind of means everyone has an opinion on him. He gets people talking. The more people talk about WWE, the better.
>>
>>1259023
>of having Vince's look
its the milfs and womens look as well, bitches love roman.
>>
>>1260624
But kids and women don't even like him that much. They only barely tolerate his presence now because Cena is out. When BMJ comes back, they'll turn on Reigns too.
>>
>>1260814
It's really not that bad of a gimmick, even if it is just a supernatural ripoff of his brothers. He's basically the 60s Joker, which is actually one of the best gimmicks a PG Heel could possibly have to work with, and Cody is very good at making it work. The problem comes with Creatives shit-house-rat-crazy inconsistent booking which has him being portrayed as "Le Whacky Space Man" when he could be a really amazing Supervillain Heel with the right booking.
>>
Kids and women like him. The cucked male audience is going to watch the product no matter how bad it gets.

Dean would be the perfect remedy between the record low guy and the guy.
>>
>>1260450
Fans thinking that the company will actually give them what they want?

Oh no, how terrible.

>>1261798
> WWE marks are so fucking cucked they will try to justify a top guy being booed the fuck out

If only guys like Hogan or Austin had "divided" audiences. Think of how much more money they would've made.
>>
>>1261821
he's the record low dude
>>
>>1261927
People like that guy don't really get it. John Cena splits an audience, but it's okay because the audience is in on it. "Let's go Cena, Cena sucks." It's all in good fun. With Reigns, it isn't. People seriously can't stand him; he's getting the Cena push, but with none of the Cena charm, charisma, or energy.
>>
>>1259025
>Curtis Axel
>>
>>1260624
>Vince doesn't have to sell wrestling to us, he's selling it to the kids
I think Vince is underestimating how easily kids can be influenced. If the kid's smarky dad or older brothers/cousins start booing Reigns the kid will start too because he wants to fit in with the older elements of his family.
>>
>>1259052

He has paid his dues. Not the same way as the carpenters, but he has. He lived his whole life around the business.

Roman's problem is a lack of charisma. He has the magnetism, but he doesn't have IT. He's not a bad wrestler but his psychology is lacking and it shows when he wrestles a more complete top star.
>>
>But he actually draws!
>Based roman working the smarks!

wew lad guess he's working the ratings too.
>>
>>1261815

If Cena and Reigns wrestle a main event PPV match, I'm fairly sure they would get the Orton/Sheamus treatment.
>>
>>1262425
>He has paid his dues. Not the same way as the carpenters, but he has. He lived his whole life around the business.

This means literally fucking nothing.

Polite reminder that Reigns has N-E-V-E-R jobbed a singles match clean in a WWE ring.
>>
>>1261927
more that it'll devalue the point of winning the royal rumble when someone who didn't even win it (and was absent from it the year before) still got to main event for maina 2 years in a row

>>1261789
yeah he was in the rumble that reigns won
>>
>>1262481
hes never jobbed one period. Let that sink in
>>
>>1262926
eh he lost to seth at mania.
>>
>>1260670
More like he had a fat samoan nose and the WWE wanted him to look more white
>>
>>1262945
It wasnt a singles and for all intents and purposes it wasnt clean. Yeah seath didnt cheat, but he came out fresh while roman was exhausted and beat down. Its debatable, but even if we accept that as a clean loss, thats still his only one and an incredibly protected loss at that
>>
>>1259052
>Big E and New Day in general
>Enzo Meme and Big Cass
>Bray Wyatt

Smarks get bootyblasted at Roman because he is "handpicked" by the establishment machine

Same reason why old smarks got bootyblasted during HHH's title runs, Brock Lesnar's rocket ship in Smackdown and John Cena in 2005 and beyond
>>
>>1264357
Lesnar was hugely over with "smarks" during his first run tho.

People don't like Reigns because he utterly fucking sucks.
>>
I always assumed the push was because he's just a yes man behind the scenes and sells merch
Doesn't hurt they literally didn't have to do any work with his character and look
>>
>>1264357
>New Day in general

but woods was in the indies & TNA before he was in WWE. and the new day was supposedly his idea.

his nickname on his let's play channel is a reference to it
>>
>>1264936
Kofi and Big E aren't indy darlings, in fact they are straight WWE guys

That makes 2/3
>>
>>1264936
Yeah, I'm sure the reason New Day are so beloved is 'cause Consequences Creed was such a huge indie darling.

What next? You gonna talk about how Big Cass wrestled for a bit in some indies nobody here ever watched?
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.