[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK, so, Roman's not worthy of being the new face of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 6
File: luger_1836072a.jpg (74 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
luger_1836072a.jpg
74 KB, 620x620
OK, so, Roman's not worthy of being the new face of the company according to most fans, casual and smark alike.

So, who is, then? Can a consensus be reached?
>>
>>>/woo/
>>
File: 1462139285906.jpg (69 KB, 610x406) Image search: [Google]
1462139285906.jpg
69 KB, 610x406
>>1254970
>casual and smark
Lmao, only smarks/IWC hate Roman , hes over af with everyone else.
>>
>>1254970
Casuals like Roman. Only bitter fat smarks don't
>>
>>1254992
>>1254973
>>1254972

it's almost like you're... afraid to answer the question
>>
theres a general concensus here that the face of the company should be Dean Ambrose
>>
>>1255007
because the question is invalid. he is generally accepted
>>
>>1255007
see>>1255019
>>
>>1255019
okay, I'll rephrase, assuming you don't think he is, who do you think is? if you think he is but someone on the roster could do better, who?

and as an aside, why are you so triggered about the idea casuals don't like him? are you some kind of elitist contrarian wrestling hipster nerd?
>>
>>1254973
>>1254992
If you have to outright censor crowds booing on a consistent basis, then he's not over.

No other face of the company has required even half of the babying and protecting Roman has.

Just because fat contrarian neckbeards on 4chan post an image of him and say HAHA LOL FAT SMARKS U MAD XD doesn't mean he's over.
>>
>>1255023
see
>>1255029
>>
>>1255029
>>1255034
stay mad fatties.

Roman is over as fuck and if he's not vince is going to keep shoving him down your throats because he knows you cucks will keep on watching the show
>>
>>1255029
I hate the concept of having a single fotc, so I don't think anyone should be in the role. Cena should remain the PR face
>>
>>1255039
1) have sex anime fan

2)
>still afraid of the question

>trying to avoid getting mocked for his shit opinion on an anonymous board
>>
>>1254970
I don't know, man. The only people who are credible enough to do it other than Roman are Jhon and maybe Brock, but Brock isn't enough of a talker.

The problem is that WWE has fucked over literally everyone other than Roman (and somewhat those two) with their retarded 50/50 booking.
>>
>>1255034
he sells merch and people pay to boo him, he's doing fine. the crowd reactions really do not matter
>>
>>1255046
>implying i watch gook shit

try again fatty, he drew 100k people at mania
>>
>>1255039
>mainstream nerds!! you don't like the hip cool counterculture wrestler CM Punk like me

lmao
>>
>>1255057
why would i like cm punk?

He's been gone for years, why are you still even talking about him fatty?
>>
>>1255052
He doesn't even outsell AJ or Dean.

Try again lard ass.

>>1255039
XD
>>
>>1255053
it's objectively trendy to hate him

it's objectively underground and non-mainstream to like him.

stay triggered about your special snowflake "damn the man" status being a sham, mark
>>
>>1255064
so mad he replied twice, or i triggered one of you fat fucks :)

>>1255068
>stay triggered about your special snowflake "damn the man" status being a sham, mark

but i'm not the one making threads about how i hate him, talk about being retarded.

stay mad fatty cuck
>>
>>1255064
he's still in the top 5 and gets people talking far more than anyone else in WWE. He's staying. Like it or lump it
>>
>>1255062
easy weeabo virgin, you're obviously afraid to name any wrestlers you support
>>
>>1255076
>easy weeabo virgin,

xD filthy frank! 18+

>you're obviously afraid to name any wrestlers you support

i like Aj styles, Roman, Dean.
>>
>>1255073
Haha lol I posted it again XD

I called him fat mom look how original I am!
>>
File: wVSzTcM.gif (3 MB, 350x193) Image search: [Google]
wVSzTcM.gif
3 MB, 350x193
>>1255064
>this virgin is so irrefutably triggered he keeps replying

try again with the triggered damage control, then maybe have sex
>>
>>1255083
you mad doritos boy? :)
>>
>>1255082
>dean
>aj styles

have sex

>roman

based
>>
>>1255093
thanks bbgirl
>>
>>1255088
go clean your fleshlight, incel
>>
>>1255096
i don't have one.

projecting much doritos boy?
>>
I don't like anybody on the roster, my inner cuck it's what makes me watch.
>>
>>1254970
I don't wanna sound like some piece of shit smark, but Dolph Ziggler or AJ Styles could really do good for the companies public image and are well respected by smarks and casuals.
AJ is a family man who isn't controversial in the slightest, which could make the WWE's job so much easier, and Dolph has a really good look if that is what they're concerned about. But my question to you is, do you think if the mainstream media got a hold of the fact that WWE is muting crowds and doing things to protect Roman, that it would cause "mainstream controversy"? I feel like if big enough outlets are aware of this, WWE would fold
>>
>>1255099
i dont eat doritos

projecting much, involuntarily celibate aspergers sufferer?
>>
>>1255113
i would believe you but you got triggered and now is just copying what i'm saying. Stay mad doritos boy
>>
ITT: everyone is afraid to name their answers w/o damage control because it's uncool to unironically like literally anyone on /asp/
>>
>>1255116
stay triggered, incel
>>
>>1255112
>AJ is a family man who isn't controversial in the slightest
except for the meme that he hates gay people
>>
>>1255112
>dolph ziggler

nah. his gimmick is being a literal gay and oversells to much. he was born to put people over in the wwe
>>
File: 6340704730470.png (43 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
6340704730470.png
43 KB, 800x1200
>>1255123
why would i?

i'm not the fatty doritos eater who keeps making hate threads about a wrestler i don't like:).

stay cuck Doritos boy
>>
GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG
>>
>>1255126
Okay, but first run Michaels was exactly that and he was so incredibly popular
>>
>>1254970
>Dean
maybe ecw
>Seth
RECORD LOW
>bray
lol
>cesaro
he's a upper-midcard whc type
>styles
38 and indieshit
>apollo crews
Less charisma than Roman
>>
>>1255136
breh, shawn micahels is way more talented and more entertaining than zigger.

ziggler got over exposed, and his moveset is basically
JUST
>>
>>1255130
>>1255123
>>1255116
>>1255099

loser detected
>>
>>1255119
this
>>
>>1255150
>loser

is that nikki bella?

can i please fuck ur titties?
>>
>>1255147
you didn't give an actual answer
>>
>>1255154

no
>>
>>1255156
Roman I guess
>>
>>1255156

GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG
>>
>>1255162
"""no"""
>>
File: cesaro pacha.png (113 KB, 308x387) Image search: [Google]
cesaro pacha.png
113 KB, 308x387
>this whole thread
jesus christ im so glad you guys arent on /sp/ anymore.

as for the OP topic, I think Roman's reactions are pretty 50/50. half the casuals like him, half the casuals hate him. marks hate him, and contrarian anti mark smarks love him. the only objectively correct answer right now is Dean Ambrose, since he is much more over with all audiences than Reigns is. I personally don't really like Ambrose, he's pretty good on the mic but his ring work is garbage in my opinion. I wouldn't want that guy's wrestling to be the main event of my PPVs, but just because he's so over with the crowd I would make the him the top face right now.

My personal pick for best all around ring work + mic skills is Seth Rollins, with Cesaro and Owens coming in close 2nd and 3rd. I would make Rollins a face champion and have Ambrose, Owens, Reigns, and Cesaro rotating in and out of the title picture. If WWE would do this they would have a 5 star main event every single PPV.
>>
>>1255156
New Day
>>
do casuals even exist in wrestling anymore
I say this as somebody who only really got in like 3 months ago and have never been to a wrestling show or whatever

am I a casual?
>>
> People thought it was going to be Morrison
> People thought it was going to be Ziggler
> People thought it was going to be Punk
> People thought it was going to be Bryan
>>
>>1255217
Idk I just got into it like 6 months ago after listening to an episode of Radiolab where they talked about the Montreal Screwjob

I think "casual" nowadays basically just means children
>>
>>1255226
Could it have been Bryan if he wasn't a concussion machine?
>>
>>1255227
I guess what I'm getting at is this: what is the primary demographic for wrestling?
>>
>>1255217
casuals = dont follow wrestling at all outside of watching it on TV or going to a show every now and then

mark = follow wrestling on social media, watch and go to shows, probably watch NXT too

smark = follow wrestling on obscure IWC sites, shitpost about wrestling on 4chan, either go to a million shows or never go to any shows, and be dedicated to watching indie shit like NJPW, ROH, Lucha, etc

most wrestling fans fall into mark category, true casuals are pretty rare nowadays
>>
>>1255241
I honestly can't answer this question. I would say the target audience is children but really I don't know if that's true anymore. They seem to be going for just a general audience, i.e. complete families with lots of kids and wrestling nerds with lots of wrestling nerd friends.
>>
>>1255232
he could've had a good run.

he fucking destroyed evolution right after mania.
>>
>>1255252
the shield*
>>
>>1255255
he helped destroyed evolution right after mania didn't he?
>>
>>1255258
yeah but shield did most of the work
>>
>>1255112
AJ, as a performer, has the skills of a frog connected to a car battery. He's a punk bitch that spends his time on style rather than substance, which is what wrestling doesn't need. If he actually stopped stiffing, maybe he'd be an average wrestler.

But what do I know, I'm just a random anon, so I'm more than prepared for idiots to white knight this fucking mess of a "performer" instead of dealing with the argument that he needs to up his game before he thinks of being anything but a stiffer.
>>
>>1255261
still strong imo.
>>
>>1255263
I guess AJ was focusing too much on his Styles
>>
>>1255263
But Roman sucks at everything. He's a shitty wrestler and he's not even good on the mic. At least AJ can do flippy shit.
>>
>>1255269
>Roman Reigns
>bad wrestler
Nope
>>
>>1255269
nah, wwe wants him to be that.

if roman just did at least one drop kick, everyone will like his wrestling and stop meme about his wrestling. The only real problem is he sucks at reading scripts.
>>
>>1255269
As much as I dislike Roman, at least I admit he wrestles without almost killing people or himself, which is still faaaaaaaaaaaar ahead of what BJ Styles does.

If I want good flippy shit, I'll go watch Kalisto, at least he's got skill *and* he doesn't stiff people *AND* he's likeable.
>>
>>1255125
>implying most family values types who watch wrestling aren't totally supportive of being against homosexuality
>>
>>1255126
>>1255148
There are two times that I can remember where WWE let Dolph Ziggler have a genuine "moment" or push or whatever you want to call it.
1. Cashing in MITB on Del Rio and winning the WHC
2. Being the last man standing on John Cena's Survivor Series team and winning a 3v1 to get the Authority fired

In both cases, the wrestling work was fantastic and the crowd fucking ERUPTED. Ziggler winning the WHC is possibly the biggest pop in the history of RAW. He got a similar reaction when he won Survivor Series. When WWE isn't burying him he is absolutely over as fuck and he always puts on a good show when given the opportunity. Sadly I think it's too late for him. WWE has buried him so deeply over the last 2 years that he could main event Wrestlemania and still never recover from the burial. They basically ruined his career.
>>
>>1255295
>Ziggler winning the WHC is possibly the biggest pop on RAW
18+
>>
>>1255295
Ziggler is shit bro.

cesaro over zigshit anyday.

if cesaro was american and wasn't bald he probably would've been the next top superstar
>>
>>1255212
>My personal pick for best all around ring work + mic skills is Seth Rollins, with Cesaro and Owens coming in close 2nd and 3rd. I would make Rollins a face champion and have Ambrose, Owens, Reigns, and Cesaro rotating in and out of the title picture. If WWE would do this they would have a 5 star main event every single PPV.
you're a german speaking fag? Or the only english speaking guy enjoying Cesaros promos? Does he even do his german promos in the US, like Landvog.tv?
I like him, as I understand him, but it seems that many 'murricans don't like his mic-work.
>>
>>1255295
The reason for WWEs treatment of Ziggler is that he's the perfect tool. He's a consistently good worker and able to draw support/heat whenever he needs to, so they would prefer to keep him at midcard where he can put on a good show, give new guys decent exposure, and consistently put over Top guys
>>
>>1255303
I love Cesaro too and I would also take him over Ziggler, but Ziggler is not shit. Calling him shit and not saying anything to back it up is not a good argument against my examples.
>>
>>1254970
Push other guys and see who fans actually get behind. It really is that simple.
>>
I'm gonna be honest. I am kind of warming up to Ramen.
>>
>>1255340
He's not main event level because he keeps injuring himself, his moveset is very boring basically just copying shawn michaels and billy gun, and also him shaking his ass. i can't take a guy shaking his ass seriously as a wwe champion. Maybe if they change him up and make him stop being a fruity guy i'll like him more. Other than that he's fine in the mid cards helping guys elevate because he still get pretty good pops and smarks still like him
>>
kevin owens
>>
Cesaro's problem is that his English it shit
>>
File: sami-wins-the-big-one.jpg (163 KB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
sami-wins-the-big-one.jpg
163 KB, 1024x577
zayn if they build up an actual long underdog story like they did in nxt

not the reigns underdog story where he gets constantly cheated but never actually beaten clean
>>
>>1255389
not the muslim ginger pls
>>
>>1255389
lol no.

he's boring as fuck.

i would rather have based fat ass
>>
>>1255389
He's not a good enough talker. He has the same babyface charm as Daniel Bryan but not the same confidence or fluency of speech.
>>
>>1255348

Smarks who hate Roman cheered for much less. Namely bork laser. The fucker is flabby, not as muscular as he was years ago, he has less moves, he has the privilege to end the streak/squish Cena, he has Paul Heyman to speak for him, everyone including a strongman like Braun Strollman had to make bork look strong.
>>
>>1255410
brock lesnar is amazing. They just that they made him into a meme wrestler who does le suplex
>>
>>1255413
>brock lesnar is amazing

Kek: the kekening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRbrjDaCfdk
>>
>>1255243
casual sounds ideal desu

also

>smark that doesn't go to shows

you're thinking of an autistic shut in nerd, not a smark
>>
>>1255426
>showing his match where both of them didn't give a shit

please have sex fat fuck.

his ironman matches with kurt angle on smackdown is fucking gOAT, also his feud with big show
>>
>>1254970
At least Lex Luger was likeable. Especially in WCW. Roman's got nothing but hate going for him. Luger wasn't getting booed like Roman. Luger also had Sting to make him look good in dubya see dubya.
>>
>>1255448
luger was super over in 1996/1997. Roman can't even get the "let's go roman" to half of what cena is getting.
>>
>>1255453
Roman was over with the smarks when the shield first broke up.

WWE just ruined him by making him to much and losing none
>>
>>1255473
winning*
>>
>>1255473
I think one big problem with Reigns is that as a tag wrestler he is pretty good because his moves compliment a hot tag pretty well. The problem is that he is no longer in a tag team so the majority of his move set doesn't seem to be working.

Of course that is just one of his many problems though. I think Reigns is okay but WWE really isn't doing him any favors at all.
>>
>>1255441

Kek, Kurt Angle is the reason it is a goat. Stay marked loser
>>
>>1255526
Mad Brock Lesnar carried his own weight.

Stay mad fatty
>>
>>1254970
>according to most fans, casual and smark alike.

Wew

Also a good way to know that someone didn't watch Lex Luger wrestle is that they think he's a valid comparison to Roman Reigns
>>
>>1254970
Bray would be a great champion not sure about face of the company.
>>
>>1254970
There is a bunch of people who have potential but either haven't been given a shot or have been ruined in some way.

>Rusev
>Cesaro
>Bray Wyatt
>Zack Ryder
>Luke Harper
>Titus O'Neil
>Dean Ambrose
>Damien Sandow
>Bad News Barrett
>Cody "Ridiculous Gimmick" Rhodes

Although i don't understand why WWE is trying to push only one man as the face of WWE, in the attitude era you had multiple people to root for. You had Austin, if you didn't like him you had Rock, HHH, Foley, Kane, Undertaker, and eventually Angle, Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero, etc...
>>
Well, last week Roman hit RECORD LOW that's lower than Seth's time. Seth was like 2.3-2.4 rating

Roman last week got us a measly 2.2

Sheamus champ last year post SS was 2.16

The 1997 HBK low as shit WWE's almost death for comparison was 1.9
>>
>>1256213
HBK didn't have illegal streams and Tivo to lower ratings
>>
>>1255550
>let me believe the normies hate what I like and like what I hate. My parents said I was unique and special!
>>
>>1256397
Makes it that much more horrifying, no? He's usually the most loved/highest rated wrestler, both here in that strawpoll, and even on a site like cagematch.
>>
>>1256125
It's too late for Ryder.
He's done everything he can, he got over by himself, he paid his dues for over a decade, he has a good look, he is a good worker, and was basically home grown by WWE, but he'll never get that spot. It's a damn shame too, he has such a great look and is in great shape.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.