[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you, he actually delivered a good match
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 7
File: roman the savage.jpg (74 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
roman the savage.jpg
74 KB, 333x500
Fuck you, he actually delivered a good match
>>
He sat on his ass doing nothing for the majority of the match.
>>
>>1251880
what else is new?
>>
Him? Deliver? You mean the match where AJ carried him through the whole thing?
>>
Yeah that was probably the best singles match I've seen out of Roman Reigns. Everything made sense. AJ going for the legs after realizing he can't compete with Reigns power game, Reigns showing why he has power game with the roll up power bomb and throwing AJ to the top rope. Even with the Shane and Steph storyline stuff put into the match it didn't slow down enough to the point where it was just slogging on like the one at Mania did.
>>
>>1251846
>I was carried to a salvageable match

Roman did nothing but show up. Styles did his best to make Roman look at least decent.
>>
He was really good at letting AJ do that flippy shit to him
>>
>Reigns won
>Bro left to get some KFC for lunch

Feels great man
>>
Good match, but stupid overbooked
>>
>>1251846
Wrong. They muted the boo's again.
>>
>>1252012
During the backstage segment, they acknowledged the boos during the opening and Roman was definitely the defacto heel in this feud get outta here.
>>
When Shane came out and said no count outs it became very clear that Shane would come back out to say no dq, it was Stephanie but same thing

Also
This really cements that AJ can carry anybody to a good match, that homo-hating son of a bitch can definitely do his job well
>>
After selling his leg for most of the match he basically could run full sprint for a spear? WTF?

>Roman reigns really delivered
>>
>>1252120
Its his finisher, I'd honestly rather that than him limp into a spear even if its a little bit of suspension of disbelief but even then his explosiveness is one of his defining traits meaning he is capable of short bursts of power. It is like in the video game when both guys are in all red health and got x2 Finishers banked which is what commentary was trying to get across. I think both guys came out looking better.
>>
>>1252012
They literally don't mess with crowd noise at all except on SmackDown. My brother works with the backstage production for WWE.
>>
>>1252120
Did you not see how his spear was fucked up? Fucking retarded fuck.
>>
>>1251846
I find the match comparable to Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar
>First part doing nothing
>Bullshit finish
Only difference was they didn't let it end they waited it out and offered an actually exciting match
Also Luke Gallows with pants is so much better
>>
>>1252168
Vince McMahon is my uncle and says they do
>>
>>1252191
so you are saying.
>half-assed finisher =
>get's the win

your retarded fucked up logic.
>>
>>1252208
It's not unlikely that the dude has a brother that works for WWE tech, I am even trying to get a job there right now.
>>
>>1252216
Are you?
>>
Styles worked his ass off

He probably wasn't even faking when he was struggling to get on top of the ropes at the spot near the end
>>
File: based.jpg (17 KB, 556x101) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
17 KB, 556x101
MANLET CLUB BTFO
>>
>>1252220
I said
>>1252120
>After selling his leg for most of the match he basically could run full sprint for a spear.

I didn't claim it was half-assed you did
then you called me a retarded fuck

are you okay? or is something confusing you?
>>
>>1252232
>family
>not the SHIELD

Wwe is retarded
>>
It bothers me that wrestlers keep Kayfabe forgetting the rules

>time running out
>doesn't just roll in the ring and back out

They fucked that up at Wrestlemania too.
>>
AJ carried this match, doing all the spots just like we said he was going to.
>>
>>1252232
>not "when you have an EMPIRE"

ya blew it
>>
>>1251846
>They muted the crowd during his intro again.
>>
>>1251846
The match felt like some WCW 2000 overbooked garbage with Shane and Steph coming out changing the rules.

Otherwise it was just another Roman match. AJ busted his ass making Roman look strong though.
>>
>>1252240

That's because the rules aren't consistently enforced
>>
>>1252316
>EMPIRE
>literally three people

He should start taking the other Samoan champ in NXT plus his other cousin and the two Tongans stuck in Japan
>>
>>1252740
Why dafuq would GoD want to leave New Japan and being the IWGP Tag Champs for the role of third-stringers in Ramen's shit family?
>>
>>1251846
You mean AJ Styles put on a good match to make this faggot look good.
>>
>>1252058
>attacked from behind by heel tag team multiple times
>cut to make a wish promos right before matches
>saved by/saves face tag team multiple times
>h-he was t-the heel guys.
>>
>>1252796
$
>>
File: 1461123559244.png (165 KB, 486x270) Image search: [Google]
1461123559244.png
165 KB, 486x270
>Roman delivers a great match and gets cheered at the end
>"NO!1!1!1!!! HE GOT CARRIED AND THEY MUTED THE BOOS ROMAN SUUUUUUUCKS!1!!!!"
>>
>he got cheered at the end
you mean when people cheered because they announced a rematch?
>>
>>1253589
>Roman delivers a great match where he got gassed 10 minutes in and got carried and got a small amount of cheers from landwhales and kids, with thunderous boos that were muted at the end
>YEESS!1!!!!!111|ELEVEN!! BASED BIG DOG SMARKS BTFO!1!11
>>
>>1253599
>Maybe if i say it again it will be true
Admit it pham , he did great and got cheered in Chicago
>>
>>1253613
He wasn't cheered dumbass.
>>
>>1253629
>"I'm deaf dumbass"
sorry gramps
>>
>Roman has a bad match
>HE SUCKS SO MUCH
>Roman has a good match
>HE GOT CARRIED HARD AND DID NOTHING

>Indie darling has a good match
WHY ISNT THIS MAN THE FACE OF THE COMPANY AND WWE CHAMPION?!
>Indie darling has a bad match
HE WAS JUST WRESTLING A BAD OPPONENT HE'D HAVE PUT ON A FIVE STAR MATCH WITH SHINSUKE

Do you now see how dumb smarks are?
>>
>>1251846
is that when he was called Leakey?
>>
File: 555comeonnow.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
555comeonnow.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>1253613
Could you please link me to where he got cheered? All I heard was "BOOOOOOOO" , "YOU CANT WRESTLE!" , and "ROMAN SUCKS ROMAN SUCKS ROMAN SUCKS"
>>
>>1253639
I actually heard a few mild chants going "LETS GO ROMAN" but it was mostly by either women, or kids. The "ROMAN SUCKS" counter was a lot louder and you knew it was done by men.
>>
>>1253579
I seriously doubt WWE is gonna break the bank for Tama Tonga & TAFKA Camacho.
>>
This match made me really like AJ. He put in so much effort to carry that match while Roman kind of flopped around on the floor most of the time.
>>
Roman carried that greenhorn AJ Styles to a decent match.
>>
>>1253670
>This match made me really like AJ.
>He put in so much effort to carry that match

You're not fooling anyone smark.
>>
>>1253676
AJ has already been in wrestling for longer than Roman likely will be.
>>
>>1253697

How many WWE titles does AJ have?
>>
>>1253707
> having more tiles in WWE makes you a more experienced wrestler

Stevie Richards confirmed for most experienced wrestler ever.
>>
>>1251846
Does he have that Samoan tit disease? Is that why he's always wearing that vest or a shirt?
>>
>>1253707
>holding a lot of titles means you are good

Edge held over 30 wwe titles. While Jake Roberts never held a single wwe title. Who was the better heel between the 2?
>>
>>1253756
Single run Edge (minus tag team) because he fucked people over to get titles.
>>
>>1251846
He has delivered numerous good matches. He's not actually a bad wrestler, he's just a fairly limited one.
In these Main events he gets great booking with lots of inventive high-spots.
>>
>>1252796
>New Japan
to gain international acclaim and fame so that eventually when their contracts run out they can help New Japan grow over the long run?
>>
Why do people hate him again. He's basically a samoan Cena; Overbooked, can't wrestle for shit, rely on cheesy one liners, and yet people love that purple turd to pieces and loathe Reign
>>
>>1252168

>Guys my dad works for Nintendo, it's real.
>>
>>1253817
Cena can talk. Cena actually seems genuine when he speaks and does things. Cena did the US Open Challenge thing which was the best thing about WWE over a long period of time. Cena has actually lost clean every once in a while
>>
>>1253817

>Roman can't wrestle meme

I'm actually interested in knowing what criteria someone needs to check off on the smark list in order to be classified as being a good wrestler, cause I think Deanetty is a horrible wrestler who has boring formulaic matches every week but smarks love him and say he's a good wrestler.
>>
>>1253824

All this is true but remember the hate for Cena was pretty hardcore too.

At the end of the day people don't like guys who win constantly with no stakes, it's boring.

It all the worse when it's someone with negative charisma, no character, and who is mediocre in ring at best.
>>
>>1253837
Yeah the Cena hate was nukelear for a while but that was because the was involved in several major angles, most of them involving new talent and then CENAWINSLOL and none of the new guys got their heat back. the US Open Challenge on the other hand was an amazing way for new guys/nxt call-ups to get introduced to the Main Roster
>>
>>1253817

Look, Cena might not be the most talented wrestler in WWE (unlike Michaels or Orton or fucking Cesaro), but he can wrestle, and he know how to waltz with the other guy. Orton, JBL, Edge, Miz (ok, maybe not Miz), Michaels, Haitch, Punk, Morrison, Batista, even fucking
Khali.

People hate him not because he suck, but because he was on top fucking long time. And people wanted him to be heel because he can actually be a decent heel (like in his early days with chain gang, thuganomics and shit)
>>
>>1253850

>Suddenly smarks are saying Cena can wrestle after "5 moves of doom" meme'ing.

>Actually praising Cena's matches with Orton

All this just cause you hate on Roman? That you say Cena knew how to waltz around with Orton, those two have wrestled each other so many times and to this day they're still yet to have good chemistry with one another.
>>
Describe Roman Reigns character without saying what he looks like, the costume he wears, or what his role is.

Describe him as if it's to someone who has never seen wrestling before.

I'll wait.
>>
>>1253859

Samoan badass who fights hard to provide for his family. Easy.

What do I win?
>>
>>1253856
I honestly dunno why people said Cena couldn't wrestle to begin with.
I mean, it's not hard to peer past booking and to the talent. Cena himself has always been great in-ring, even if his matches were sometimes very dull due to formulaic lay-out.
>>
>>1253864

I was never of the opinion that Cena was a horrible wrestler, in fact if you watch old FCW footage you'll see Roman doing all kinds of neat tricks, but people fail to realize that WWE matches are micro-managed and formulaic that if you have a gimmick then you need to wrestle a particular way with a particular moveset. Roman has had great matches, I've watched since mid 2013 and although I'm not completely sold on him, I can at least say there are matches he's been a part of that I'd go and see again.
>>
>>1253803
One was already in WWE. Didn't do shit for him.
>>
>>1253870
>I've watched since mid 2013

lol, shut up rookie.
>>
>>1253874

I watched wrestling in the 90's and stopped around 2005, then picked it up again in 2013.
>>
>>1253833
Roman is a shit worker.

>can't sell
>Poor pacing
>gets gassed quickly
>limited offensive move set

Roman is green, and anyone that knows wrestling can see it. Not surprising since he only started wrestling like 4 years ago. And agreed, Dean isn't anything special either. But he sure as hell isn't better than Roman.
>>
>>1253882
So you don't even have the newbie excuse then.

Reigns a shit.
>>
>>1253850
Cena is superior to Orton in every way. And despite what some people say, John actually is very talented. His booking just hasn't been good.
>>
>>1253863
Remove "samoan" and you just described 80% of the wwe roster......Try again.
>>
>>1253859
Former corporate enforcer who's spent enough time being a bad guy to know you don't need the crowd to like you to be a champ
>>
>>1253899
>can't sell
False
>poor pacing
You dont know what this means and probably heard it on some podcast
>gets gassed quickly
Cool meme
>Limited offensive move set
So just like Dean then

>Roman is green

You also don't know what green is. Green is not being able to go through the ropes correctly and concussing yourself, green is injuring other people in the ring multiple times. He isn't green, he's just not as inexperienced as the indie darlings you love who have been at it for 10+ years, he's at an acceptable level for someone who is new to it and he has already had great matches in his short career. Dean Malenko was a better wrestler than The Rock, but guess who people paid money to go see?

>>1253901

Nice retort
>>
>>1253908
>and you just described 80% of the wwe roster..

No I didn't. The only person I can think of who also "fights for his family" as part of his gimmick is Kevin Owens, and he doesn't even use that anymore.
>>
>>1253912
you seriously have to be fucking delusional to compare the Rock to reigins, you don't honestly think people are paying to see Roman do you?
>>
>>1253927
It's fun to boo Roman! The crowd is just having fun.
>>
>>1253927

I didn't compare The Rock to Reigns, I just put across the point that you dont need to be a "great wrestler" in order to be the face of the company. You just need to be an attraction.
>>
>>1253940
he clearly isn't an attraction
>>
>>1253944

Vince seems to think he is and that's what matters in the end.
>>
>>1253939
kek, I'm wondering if people actually unironically defend roman when Vince tells commentary to say shit like this or if it's just a meme
>>
>>1253912
> Nice retort.

Coming from the garBAGE you just drooled out at the top of your post? That's rich.

> he's just not as inexperienced as the indie darlings you love who have been at it for 10+ years, he's at an acceptable level for someone who is new to it and he has already had great matches in his short career.

I could name plenty of guys with equivalent or lesser experience who are leagues ahead of him. Such as:

> Big E
> Rusev
> Bray Wyatt
> Big Cass
> Baron Corbin
> Bo Dallas

> Chad Gable
> Jason Jordan

> Will Ospreay
> EVIL

> Donovan Dijak
> Lio Rush
> Moose

> Killshot
> Matanza
> Pentagon Jr

Seems like your TV boyfriend just isn't that good, huh?
>>
>>1253940
Rock was by no means a bad performer and he's leagues ahead of Reigns.

Also, he could actually cut a promo and draw money.

>>1253951
Vince also thought Diesel was an attraction: how'd that go, again?
>>
"Muh Family" is possibly the worst gimmick ever.

It just doesn't make sense, I mean why would the authority not just fire you? Or control you with that threat?

It's yet another thing that makes more sense if Roman was a heel. He's an enforcer for the authority because it means he can support his family, he doesn't like what he does but he does it anyway because he has to.

Instead it's "I piss of my boss and ruin all his maniacal plans because I need to support my family. my boss will never fire me because reasons"

All my wat.
>>
>>1251846
It was overbooked tripe and AJ was carrying him the whole time.
>>
>>1253961

>Rusev
>less experience

Just how clueless can one idiot be

>big Cass, bo and baron are better than Roman

>TV boyfriend

Are you so used to posting in hug boxes that the thought of someone else not sharing your opinion makes you think that they're gay like you?
>>
>>1253973

Nah Roman carried AJ Styles who looked green beyond relief. Clearly doesn't know the pacing of a wwe match and was just doing spots all the time.
>>
>>1253993
OK, now address the other dozen guys.

Rusev spent the better part of 2 years out injured before his NXT debut. Their experience is equivalent. Can't you read?

> shilling for BBYGRRRL
> questioning anybody else's sexuality
>>
>>1253996
I hope you don't actually believe this.
>>
>>1253993
Not him, but given equal opportunity, I wouldn't be surprised if Baron and Cass had better matches.
We can't really say that firmly, but I wouldn't write them off.
>>
File: 1427466715340.png (154 KB, 424x318) Image search: [Google]
1427466715340.png
154 KB, 424x318
>>1252168
My brother works for the E too
>>
File: 1447935716248.jpg (116 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447935716248.jpg
116 KB, 500x500
>>1253996
>>
>>1252217
>Thinking someone who posts /asp, let alone 4chan has a close relation that works for a million dollar franchise
>>
>>1254007
I think you mean beele dat
>>
>>1251846
what a mark
>>
>>1254031
Corbin's match against Senor Joe was pretty tight
>>
>>1252232
I wonder when he will form the Ohana club.
>>
File: ZYUxmPzk.jpg (108 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
ZYUxmPzk.jpg
108 KB, 600x400
AJ carried him so hard he'll be forced to retire from all the back pain. Jesus christ.
>>
>>1251958
I'm loling at this. Sums ups /asp/.
>>
>>1251846
Someone totalled up the time that Reigns actually fought during the match:

He was off his feet for a total of 22 minutes, and on his feet for 7 minutes from the first bell to the last.
>>
>>1254048
>>Thinking someone who posts /asp, let alone 4chan has a close relation that works for a million dollar franchise

Why are you aspirations so low that you think grunt-work for a million dollar franchise is out of reach?
Are walmart greeters gods to you?
>>
I Honestly have no idea if these roman marks have selective hearing or they're working me.
>>
>>1254101
why are samoans so lazy?
>>
>>1254218
Yokozuna was anything but lazy
>>
>>1253968
Yeah.

When Orton punted Vince Orton was going to be fired but used a lawyer to treath to sue WWE because he had brain problems and WWE hid that.

Now? They dont bother.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.