[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ay yo, hol up... It just occurred to me that the current WWE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 5476510136.jpg (2 MB, 2432x3029) Image search: [Google]
5476510136.jpg
2 MB, 2432x3029
Ay yo, hol up...

It just occurred to me that the current WWE talent roster includes many guys who came to fame in the 90-2000 era. But, there are fewer stars from the 2000-2010 than there should be (Cena, Orton, etc)

How come wrestlers from the 2000-2010 era have no staying power? Why does the WWE rely on old stars... Imagine if in 98 Snuka returned and kicked the crap out of the Ministry of Darkness on wrestlemania?
>>
>>1245458
because they don't instantly get the reaction the vets do and the wwe is too lazy or incompetent to build them up now

plus fans are a lot more cynical about marking out for new guys, back then debuts were surprises and overall hype higher.
>>
cause WWE can't make new characters and the big characters from the late 90's left, Cena and Orton never left cause of injury or Hollywood so the WWE never needed to make anything new

and
>muh indie darlings
>>
>>1245458
Poor booking and writing, more regulations on promos and more bland/unoriginal characterization of talent.
>>
>>1245509
so Vince stifled his talent last decade and now hes fucked?
>>
>WWE
>Then
>Kinda Now
>More Then Tomorrow.
>>
>>1245524
>WWE
>Then
>Burying Now
>Forever
>>
>>1245522
yes
>>
>>1245522
Yep. Shortsighted panic ("The only one drawing is Cena, push him over everyone else!") hurt them longterm.

I would also argue a lack of compelling angles in general (no more Monday Night Wars that organically drew pop culture attention versus celebrities being asked to do angles ie Mayweather and Donald Trump) hurt them too.
>>
File: fghfgfsdghjdfj.jpg (66 KB, 650x502) Image search: [Google]
fghfgfsdghjdfj.jpg
66 KB, 650x502
like, what ever happened to this guy (see pic) and countless other poor basterds who never went anywhere last decade? This guy (see pic) attacks Undie in the fatal fourway and does anyone remember what happens after the ppv? https://youtu.be/Nmr3lvtFwu0
>>
WWE now has this mentality that if someone doesn't catch the world on fire almost right away, they just drop them or don't care. They have a list of "for sure" hits and nothing else.

Rather than building someone up, they just shoot straight towards the moon. Then surprised when no one likes them or ratings fall.
>>
>>1245703
Yeah, but the problem is, whenever someone does catch on, the WWE never pushes them. DBry, Wyatt, Ziggler, Ryback, Cesaro and even Punk for the most part all got buried by the talent WWE decided should be on top.
>>
>>1245719
why the fuck isnt Cesaro champ right now?

>because he can't sell enough action figures
>>
>>1245522

I have never heard it put so concisely as that.
>>
>>1245719

This confuses me honestly. You'd think you'd wanna push talent that gets a crowd reaction. People who get people talking, merch pushers, or what have you, but the second someone gets hot, it's just all "Well, you're gonna join The Wyatts."
>>
>>1245759
If I had to guess, it's a Vince ego thing. The fans don't get to decide what happens in Vince's company, only Vince does. Money and ratings be damned.
>>
Ruthless Agression Era people got fired or left. WWE treated many of them like shit. The reason why guys like Cena and Orton are around is because they were already top guys/going to be.
>>
>>1245522
The fact that they're pretty much relying on people who made their names on other promotions now is because they failed to build new stars in the last decade.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.