[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Muay Thai Or >Krav Maga Primarily for Self Defense IF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: muaythai.jpg (117 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
muaythai.jpg
117 KB, 500x313
>Muay Thai
Or
>Krav Maga

Primarily for Self Defense IF I ever happen to need it, this would include protecting my wife.

Currently leaning towards Muay Thai as Krav Maga is almost double the price in my area.... But think Krav Maga might be bettter suited for practical self defense purposes?
>>
>>1244698
Muay Thai, the majority of krav is shit, and while some aspects of it make it fine for a supplemental martial art, it's not a good foundational style.
>>
>>1244698
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FW0ZDByFvneBA-IsD-udfVzQZUJi27TY4sk7Fxw-TgQ/edit?usp=sharing
Here, I wrote this thing a while ago, it was received fairly well on here when I shared it.
>>
>>1244698
Muay Thai, easy choice.
>>
>>1244698
Krav Maga , Muai is for chink manlets.
>>
>>1244961
Krav maga is some new "too dangerous 4 u" fad.
Go with a real artime, and spar. All you have to do.
>>
I did both and each have their merits.

Krav Maga has some cool techniques to get away from a person or multiple people. Also how to block without getting hit by an object.
Muay Thai teaches you how to stand your ground against a person.

I'd say it's smarter to do Muay Thai if you want to learn to fight. Knowing a striking style gives you a good foundation.
If you're a police officer, a girl who wants to go home safely or in high school and get bullied then Krav Maga will allow you to get out of all common attacks and get away safely. Which is pretty useful as well.
>>
>>1244730

can you add explanations for sambo and kyokushin?they are not as rare as sanshou/sanda.
>>
>>1245003
Also, I think Muay Thai is more useful overall because irl you're probably tempted to punch a guy in the face. But I enjoyed Krav Maga a bit more because you get to play with arm bars and wrist locks, which you never use irl unless you're a police officer.
>>
>>1244698
If you've never done martial arts before Muay Thai by far.

Krav isn't always terrible but it's more a supplement to already fighting ability.
>>
>>1244698
BJJ, MT and KM are shit.
>>
>>1244698
Literally not a single person that isn't mentally challenged and knows just a little bit what they're talking about will tell you to pick Crab Mango over any form of boxing.
>>
>>1245004
>sambo
>not as rare as sanda
Uh, totally depends where you live because it's be the complete opposite in my experience. No issues finding sanda but sambo? No fucking where
>>
Are you going to protect your wife's son as well?
>>
>>1245004
I don't know much about them myself, honestly.
>>
>>1244698
Good Krav Maga is better than good Muay Thai for self defense.

Muay Thai is sport fighting, Krav Maga is fucking people up.

There's just a lot of shitty Krav Maga gyms that don't use good training methods, and or teach things that isn't as practical as good Krav Maga, so not actually Krav Maga.
>>
>>1252969
sambo is best
>>
Krav Maga is live-action roleplay, Muay Thai is a martial art.

Take your pick.
>>
File: tibialis-anterior.png (321 KB, 626x788) Image search: [Google]
tibialis-anterior.png
321 KB, 626x788
>tfw be sparring Muay Thai
>get my roundhouse checked
>doesn't hit my shin, it hits my tibialis anterior
>tfw I limp when I walk now

In Krav Maga I could've just been kicked in the nuts and had it over with.
>>
>>1252969
>Krav Maga is better than good Muay Thai
>Krav Maga is better
>Krav Maga
Remember when this board didn't use to be shit up by obese wwe manchildren? Yeah, good times.
>>
>>1253348
nice meme spouting
>>
File: 1456622494561.jpg (426 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1456622494561.jpg
426 KB, 2048x1152
>>1245023
>Krav isn't always terrible but it's more a supplement to already fighting ability.

I agree with this. Iv never done krav maga but do they typically have life sparring sessions or is it more like traditional martial arts where you do katas and learn the secret art of poking eyes .

Alot of these mcdojo types do the old "if this happens you could do this". krav maga comes off as that kind of martial art.

Youll only get good at fighting by actually fighting. Just so happens mauy thai and bjj will have you live sparring damn near every session.
>>
It depends on how much time you're willing to invest into it. Muay Thai will get you /fit/, but will take a bit more time to have it pay off.

If you're just going to do it for a month, and get bored of it, go Krav Maga.
>>
>>1244698
As my Jujutsu trainer once said:
If you want to become a street fighter, I'd tell you to do six months of full contact Muay Thai training first.
Then we can start.

Really, full contact arts are obviously best for endurance and shit, as well as the ability to deal out in full force.
Throw in eskrima once you got down the basics and you are good to bash with a stick.

Krav Maga is a burger art. Only do that if you intend to use a gun for main defense.
>>
>>1259158
>it's too hard do krav maga instead
Go back to touching yourself to watching men fake fight in panties on TV or go kill yourself right this instant.
>>
>>1244730
>No mention of weapons-based styles
Yeah, no. I take a third option. Acquiring reflexes without actual sparring.
>>
>>1259235
>reflexes without actual sparring
>>
>>1259276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epmin-BomkM

There is a middle ground between sparring and kata.
>>
>>1259283
>He says, posting a kata video
>>
>>1259283
>takes a style
>changes the name
>makes up a gimmick
>$$$
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.