[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Vince choose him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: Roman Reigns.jpg (95 KB, 603x574) Image search: [Google]
Roman Reigns.jpg
95 KB, 603x574
Why did Vince choose him?
>>
>Good looking
>Samoan
>Decent enough at the talk show circuit
>Company man
>>
BECAUSE HE'S THE GUY GOD DAMN IT
>>
>>1237316
Indians and women love him.
>>
>>1237319
>Good looking

i'm gay and seth rollins is more attractive than roman...
>>
>>1237319
>good looking
how do you like your lingerie senpai?
>>
>>1237319
>decent enough on a talk show circuit
>company man

Ha. No. It's pretty much all look to Vince. But to be fair, Hunter chose him first. He just wised up to see it won't work.
>>
File: 1456292585849.webm (50 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1456292585849.webm
50 KB, 480x480
Does Roman count as a minority? Is WWE being progressive by pushing him?
>>
>>1237493
Hes a Chad so yes. Its known Samoans hate black people also.
>>
>>1237474
>He just wised up to see it won't work.
>still believing the meme that HHH doesn't support Roman as the top guy

He had every reason to pin Roman at Wrestlemania much to the delight of smarks and even at the event he went the extra mile of putting him over.
>>
File: minions sequel leaked footage.jpg (22 KB, 444x248) Image search: [Google]
minions sequel leaked footage.jpg
22 KB, 444x248
>>1237573
yfw Roman's push has all just been a ploy by Hunter to get his standing ovation as a face in the WM main event
>>
File: all according to keikaku.jpg (22 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
all according to keikaku.jpg
22 KB, 704x396
>>1237578
his entire push was just to make people like HHH and Cena more, and it worked
>>
>>1237316
Simple. He is the best fister in the whole business.
>>
> Footballer
> Anoa'i

That's literally it.
>>
File: Vince.jpg (39 KB, 474x506) Image search: [Google]
Vince.jpg
39 KB, 474x506
>>
>>1237319
Why does he love samoan's? In fact why do so many samoan get into wrasslin?
>>
>>1237316
Look, merch sales, casuals like him, look.
>>
Rock of this era , same with Bray being the new Taker
>>
>>1238084
>Rock with no charisma
>Undertaker with no wins
>>
>>1238045
One fucking guy did it, had a fuck ton of kids and told them all to do the same schtick he did it, and that's the Anoa'i family story
>>
>>1238054
>merch sales
If that were true the New Day should be world champions considering they sell more merch.
>>
>>1238084

mah sides
>>
>>1238086
Kek
>>
>>1238084

Maybe the Rocky Maivia of his era.
>>
>>1238217
and that's not bad, Rocky turned heel and became the rock , waiting for the heel turn of RoRo
>>
>>1238217
In b4 The Crock
>>
>>1237316
Cesaro is the back up plan
>>
>>1238229
Roman turning heel wouldn't solve anything since it won't give him more moves nor solve the fact that he's reading scripts given to him by writers backstage.

When he turns heel he'll become another Sheamus, Big Show, Ryback and Alberto Del Rio aka heels that the crowd doesn't care about instead of the heel that people feel strongly to boo like Miz and himself now.

Besides he's not even a face in the very sense of the word despite his Make a Wish and Susan G Komen shenanigans.
>>
>>1237331
Thats subjective. But i think rollins and ambrose are ugly, roman has a model type look, what makes him the right choice.
>>
>>1237319
What exactly is a company guy?
>>
>>1238342
Maybe a model that doesn't have to take off his padded jacket
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 535x275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 535x275
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 320x213
maybe big match John can kill samoa
>>
>>1238347
1. Guy who shows up on casual TV talk shows
2. Guy who publicly supports non-profit organizations that help certain groups of people
3. Guy who the mainstream media will flock to when they need to talk about wrestling
4. Guy who can crossover to multiple media mediums without actually jumping ship
5. Guy who is heavily protected by booking leading to minimal match losses and being the centerpiece in almost every feud
6. Guy who positively promotes the WWE outside of the ring
7. Guy exclusively handpicked by Vincent Kennedy McMahon
8. Guy who gets paid more handsomely than most pro ball players
>>
>>1238357
I'll take 10 more years of BMJ over Samoa until Summerslam.
>>
>>1238347
Someone who cups Vince's balls as they lick the tip.
>>
>>1238325
I think it could work for him with a proper booking ... Roman isn't bad, just his booking.
When he was in the shield he was a good wrestler yet now is a boo storm because he's overpushed, they must turn him into a egomaniac heel ("im THE GUY") and make him retain the title till Jeasethy returns OR RecordlowAmbrose feuds with him and wins the title.
Roman is a heat machine, people hate him for real so he can be a 10/10 heel amd who knows maybe with time people will remember him as one great heel.
>>
>>1238407
>Roman isn't bad, just his booking.

That must be why people are booing him for his lack of skills and talent.
>>
>>1238408
>Roman has not skill and is untalented
Yeah he suddenly forgots everything and he was terrible on NXT right? C'mon smark...
>>
The difference between him and Cena is that Cena had a successful solo run before the megapush, so he could develop a gimmick, mic skills, charisma.
Ramen has none of that.His limits are so evident.
Add to that, how can a guy who is the choice of the company be against ''the authority''? It worked for Bryan because he was credible. He was not the company's pick, he was the crowd's pick.
Stupid booking with untalented guy and you have this.

And he's such a draw that in 2015 his merch was outsold by Daniel Bryan's, who was mostly inactive.
>>
>>1238416
> he was terrible on NXT right

He literally had 3 fucking squash matches.
>>
>>1238424
>Roman literally never paid his dues

I hope one days wrestlers will stop buying into this bullshit. Poor Ryder.
>>
>>1238417
The different between him and Cena is that Cena first got over with the crowd with his winger gimmick, and rightfully so, and THEN got pushed to the moon. It was only post The Marine that his push became a problem.
>>
>>1238428
>this bullshit
Steve Austin subsisted on a sack of potatoes for most of his early days. Roman called up his fake cousin and skipped right to the top.
>>
>>1238428
Reigns has literally never done a clean singles job in a WWE ring.

>>1238432
I'm now picturing Cena working as Kip Winger and this is hysterical
>>
>>1238465
I obviously meant wigger and the autocorrect screwed me over, but fuck that, I like your idea better.
>>
>>1238054
>merch sales

He doesn't even outsell AJ. Post lingerie
>>
>>1238668
>deancuck damage control
>>
>>1237316
Cuz vince and HHH likes big muscular guys. They hate WRESTLING and love themselves
>>
>>1238733
>HHH

proof of the opposite is NXT Mr Brooks.
>>
>>1237316
he's good looking
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.