[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Vaudevillains music hits >complete silence What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
>Vaudevillains music hits
>complete silence

What went wrong?
>>
Everything.
>>
It's an 80s gimmick that doesn't make sense today.
>>
>extremely tricky gimmick to get over
>needed a full coordinated push
>vignettes, booking, promos, the right feud
>got nothing
>>
>>1232627
It makes far more sense than whatever the fuck this post is supposed to say.
>>
People don't boo anymore unless it's ironic
>>
They arnt exactly hyped. I see the gimmick I get it. But in ring the arnt exactly killing it they are pretty boring. The intromusic isnt exactly exciting either not that that should matter but casuals wont go apeshit to it.
>>
>>1232636
Ok JBL
>>
>Bullet Clubs music hits
>barely any reaction
>only a few chants throughout the match
>and the match was not that good anyway
>>
>>1232645
Crowd was dead as dirt for everything sept boos.
>>
>>1232623
Did the New Day just dance for a bit and then they all awkwardly walked to the back together? That segment went nowhere. I was fully expecting for the Vaudevillains and Enzo & Cass to team up to beat down the New Day before turning on each other to show they're serious OR, preferably, for the New Day to blindside both of the opposing teams to establish that they're not just buffoons and won't drop the title sitting down.
>>
>>1232636
> WWE misunderstands crowds so I do too
>>
>goes into the ring with a literal book
>"this is a book, try reading it"
There, a 5 second promo. Simple things like this. They can feud with pretty boys, thugs, anyone really because they contrast with the entire roster.

Kurt Angle did an impromptu promo in the middle of a match with Gangrel. The crowd was booing Angle and he berated the audience for not cheering an Olympic hero. You don't need Ken Burns tier videos or smark goading chants.

The Vaudevillians have a simple gimmick that can work. Haich loves these guys and they are married into the Guerrero family. That is why they are getting a spot at Payback. They have time, but not alot of it.
>>
>>1232651
Literally the only people to get genuine heat are Reigns and Stephanie and it's meta-heat. Crowds just don't act the way they used to anymore and the whole notion of face or heel is basically dead. You have guys the crowd will react for and guys they won't.
>>
>>1232653
>Comparing a legend during an era where crowds were red hot to literal whos during the most dead era

I think they're great but damn this is a dumb Comparison
>>
>>1232656
The Miz can still work the kids.
>>
>>1232653
I think what is really missing for the Vaudevillains is a squash match against local jobbers where they show what they're all about in the ring, put their style of old-timey offense out there and show that it CAN be devastating and that they're no joke. As it stands, they look like a comedy act being taken seriously.
>>
>>1232659
>Implying kids and parents booing because the smug looking man finished his line is heat
>>
>>1232657
I don't think that was his point, man. He was just saying that are tools out there to help the Vaudevillains get over that are not being taken advantage of, not that they'd be as over as Kurt fucking Angle during the Attitude Era if they just did this or that.

Admittedly, the idea of a tag match where the partner in the ring gets the opponent in a resthold while the one in the apron cuts a promo on it tickles my fancy and I can't remember of it ever being done.
>>
>silent movie gimmick
>audience goes silent

Nothing wrong here bro
>>
>>1232662
When that is all your crowd is anymore it is heat...
>>
Anon, it's because they're not the good guys. It's not because they're the bad guys, they're just the job guys.
>>
>>1232627
An 1880s gimmick?
>>
>>1232623
Literally your average NXT fans, the gimmick.
>>
>>1232623
They received little hype or promotion and their gimmick is not casual friendly.
>>
>>1232623
Decent workers. Not being pushed as comedy or a legitimate threat. Dead in the water.

Should have English sing on his way down the ramp again.

Or book them as time-period appropriate racists here to put the New Nog Day in there place.
>>
>>1232623
Look at the image you posted
That is what went wrong.

Strongmen circus wrestlers are fucking stupid mate
>>
>>1232623
The NXT audience have become a parody of a smark audience and make the show unwatchable. They freak out at literally anything and act like its an amazing over gimmick so it is impossible to tell what will actually be over and what will not be. That is coupled with RAW audiences being in a coma usually and not poping for anything makes acts like the Vaud Villains almost guaranteed to fail.
>>
>>1232645
>book a new tag team against a current, useless, boring one
>everyone knows the usos routine
>expecting any reaction at all
They could have put the hardy boys against the usos and the reaction would have been similar. Those Samoans are energy vacuums
>>
>>1232623
Their music doesn't make you pop, it's purposefully tinny and downtempo, an ice cream van jingle gets more of a reaction.
>>
>>1232623
Absolute lack of attention and care.
Also Gotch needs to not speak.
>>
This is a gimmick that never should have made it to the main show. These guys should have got a complete overhaul when they got called up. The most successful wrestlers to come up from the nXt system were The Shield guys and all of their gimmicks were completely changed when they got called up.

Some gimmicks don't need changing when making the jump from nXt to the main roster, i.e. Kevin Owens, but it's obvious that gimmicks like The Vaudevillains or Tyler Breeze are not going to be successful on the main roster.
>>
>>1232623
To be fair, it wasn't just these two tonight. Crowd was dead.
>Styles music hits
>barely any reaction
>runs in to make the save in the main event
>literally no reaction (not even exaggerating, go watch it)
>>
>>1232860
>I want wrestling to be blander

C'mon, man. They're at least trying.
>>
They're going on the right track, they worked the shit out of the crowd
>>
>>1232886
Yeah, I feel like them can do it, they just need something to really get a reaction, they're heels and the most heelish thing they did so far was to say they don't like their opponents hair.

Make them huge misogynists making fun of the Divas Revolution or some shit.
>>
>>1232768
A racist tag team would be so legit over
>>
>>1232891
That should would pass easily in AE. Shame this is "Reality Era" where if you say anything racist or offending you're fucking fired son
>>
>>1232891
They should also disapprove of those dark fellows not going back to their own ring.
>>
>>1233030
>>1232768
Wow so le edgy.
This wouldn't get over you retards. We are in PC society now this ain't the attitude era.
>>
>>1233068
Fuck off 12 year old
>>
>>1232656
>Crowds just don't act the way they used to anymore and the whole notion of face or heel is basically dead.

Yes, we established that WWE doesn't understand its audience anymore and neither do you.

WWE Heels can't get heat because by-and-large WWE "Faces" are unlikable cunts.
>>
>>1232768
>>1232768
>TFW Aiden English tell New Day to go back to his plantation to fetch some cottons
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.