[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When all is said and done, who was better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 642x361
When all is said and done, who was better?
>>
In ring, clearly Cena.

Hogan was better in the marketable aspect though.
>>
>>1227683
Bigger star, Hogan.
Better Cena.
>>
>>1227683
Roman Reigns
>>
>>1227683

I fell bad for Terry. His wife took everything and forced him into being one of those guys and having to go out and continue doing hulk hogan shit. That cunt even wants some of the money hes getting from Gawker.
>>
At least he'a not a nigger - HH
>>
>>1228064
>>/pol/
>>
File: BkpftxoCIAA1LNQ.jpg (42 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
BkpftxoCIAA1LNQ.jpg
42 KB, 600x300
Who is the best out of these three?
>>
>>1227683
Cena is far more talented.
Hogan was the bigger star and draw.
>>
>>1228070
Im coting for bernie though
>>
>>1228082
cuck
>>
>>1228075
Le Angry drunk Texan
>>
>>1228086
Yes i am, so what?
>>
Roman Reigns....by far!
>>
>>1228070
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>1227683
Hogan was the bigger star. Cena is better in every other way.
>>
>>1227689
>>1228159

I prefer Hogan's mic skills.

Cena is better in ring, no doubt.
>>
>>1228075
Austin by a mile. Still is most over of all time, and biggest merch sales from Austin.
>>
>>1228070
GET OUT.
>>
>>1228075
THE SILVERDOME
>>
>>1228075

Austin>The Rock>>>>>>>>>>>Hogan
>>
>>1227683
>who was better

In ring Cena clearly is better. Who will be the bigger legend overall? Hogan is without a doubt in the top 3 of all time period. I would say he is number 1 whether you love him or hate him. Chris Jericho sure seems to think there is no bigger star in wrestling then Hogan. As do many other wrestlers. As good as Big Match John has been he still isn't even in the top 5 desu.
>>
>>1228928
>still isn't top 5

Asinine

Hogan
Austin
Rock
Cena

top 4 right there
>>
>>1228947
>hogan
>rock
>austin
>flair
>hhh

I would argue all of those guys are more popular plus had better overall careers then Cena has. However in ring Cena is probably better than Hogan, Austin and Rock. Hell I would even argue that names like Macho Man, Warrior and Undertaker are more well known by people than Cena. You literally had two NFL teams not too long ago giving Ric Flair style promo to hype themselves. You also have rappers making dedicated rap songs for Flair. So Flair is definitely a bigger name in wrestling than Cena even to this day.
>>
>>1228947
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs3S8WnT4TA

Here's what I was talking about here >>1228974

Meanwhile Cena get's ignored.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtpTcB6g2Eo

Or maybe she couldn't see him?
>>
>>1228075
Austin = Hogan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rock
>>
>>1228974
>Macho Man
>Warrior
>more well known now by the general public than Cena

nah
>>
>>1231905
You're a raging faggot

>>1231919
This is false
>>
>>1231919
Don't be so sure man. Macho Man and Warrior would at least be known by a lot of older fans and non fans. My parents knew who Warrior and Macho Man were and they never were wrestling fans. To a large degree wrestling isn't as cool anymore. I could easily see it being true that Macho Man and Warrior are more known in the world than Cena. Those guys were a big deal during wrestling's biggest era while Cena was not.
>>
>>1228075
Still Hogan.
>>
>>1228075

Austin > The Rock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hogan
>>
Cena is the more genuinely liked. Everybody liked Hogan, but it was just a character. I feel like Cena honestly wishes to carry himself the way his "character" does.
>>
File: based_BMJ.jpg (64 KB, 448x594) Image search: [Google]
based_BMJ.jpg
64 KB, 448x594
>who was THE GUY longest?
BMJ > Hogan > Rock > Austin
>who drew more?
BMJ > Hogan > Austin > Rock
>who's the best worker?
BMJ > Austin > Rock > Hogan

BMJ is THE GOAT. By every measure he is the best. Hogan comes in second followed by Austin and Rock.

Feels good to have witnessed THE GOAT in real time.
>>
>>1232277
Who the fuck is BMJ?
>>
>>1232277
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_The_Main_Event#The_Main_Event_I

>The live broadcast drew a 15.2 Nielsen rating and 33 million viewers, both records for American televised wrestling.

John Cena has never had a single match with this many viewers ever. Hogan is in a league of his own in regards to popularity amongst wrestlers. Austin drew the most consistent ratings and Vince is on record saying Austin is the best merch seller. Rock became far bigger once he became an actor.

The other two you are right. But BMJ is not a bigger draw than those three.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.