[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one person who needed the push from ending the streak but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6
File: Undertaker.jpg (64 KB, 642x362) Image search: [Google]
Undertaker.jpg
64 KB, 642x362
Name one person who needed the push from ending the streak but also deserved the honor
Hard Mode: [spoiler] No John Cena heel turn [/spoiler]
>>
>>1224319
Bray Wyatt
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 1273x672) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 1273x672
>>1224319
:)
>>
i was watching online at it was brock lesner
>>
05 Orton
>>
>>1224319
Fandango.
>>
>>1224319
Orton should have killed the Streak with his legend killer gimmick. No other real answer
>>
File: punk v taker.jpg (56 KB, 645x429) Image search: [Google]
punk v taker.jpg
56 KB, 645x429
>>1224319
Punk should've been the one to end it.

>not too young so people can't say he didn't pay his dues let alone break the streak
>not old so it's not wasted on someone who's gonna retire soon
>someone the crowd genuinely loved even as a heel
>>
>>1224319
Brock Lesnar
>>
Orton. That chokeslam into RKO was only one of a choice few times that I genuinely thought Taker's Streak was over.
>>
>>1224319
No one. In my opinion the only person who deserved it through all of their years of hard work was simply The Undertaker himself. 26 long years here's been working through the WWE, staying loyal, even during the Attitude Era. Having him leave as the undefeated legend would have been awesome.
>>
>>1224361
Punk bitched about being put in the match in the first place cos he reckoned people would already know the outcome. Their match was left out of that 20/25 years of undertaker book they brought out
>>
>>1224840
The Vince of 10 years ago would have agreed - it was dumb to waste it on Brock. Brock was already over, in the twilight of his career and had aleady faced UT in 2 PPVs before (winning both). Nothing to gain by giving it to him when he's not gonna be there the next week..

They squandered all the heat they made from breaking it once brock dropped the title and ended up feuding with the big show... what a fucking waste like

Vince of today is basically selling the family silver just to pay for a fast car he never drives.
>>
>>1224325
The only possible answer.
/thread
>>
>>1224361
>not wasted on someone who's gonna retire soon
kek
>>
03 Goldberg
>>
Why do the cucks in the locker room who got offered to end the streak always pussy out instead of taking the opportunity and make a name for themselves?
Is it respect or they want to make a name for themselves without outside help?
>>
>>1224361
I would put Orton at the top of my list but Punk is a close second.
Given the push breaking the streak would have had there's no way he would have even been put on the back burner like they did with him and they could have easily rode Punk out for a decade after that
>>
>>1225363
I think after Orton the rest had already carved out a name for themselves and didn't need to break the streak, honestly there was no need for 2 matches against HHH and that's when somebody should have broken it
>>
>>1225337
this

and it should have started a new goldberg streak. itd be all supernatural and shit
>>
>>1225337
lmao come on, at least let it be someone who had some fucking charisma
>>
>>1224361
Punk was already planning his retirement those days.
>>
>>1225363

After all the crap that happened with Hogan, Warrior, HBK, Bret, Austin to a lesser degree, Lesnar and Goldberg no one really wanted to get involved since there was huge bitter taste left over from ego getting in the way of doing the right thing.

This was Taker's whole point with his streak, it's built so he can have the next guy make his own future with it.
In this case it put Brock as the End Boss of All Time.

Taker understands a career is finite, when your time comes you got to give that one last bit you got.

Seems after 25 years he's the only one that has some sense of integrity about it.
>>
Sting
>>
It would be a guy capable of breaking out as a mainstream draw and making wrestling cool again, comparable to Austin and Rock in the 90s. Since there is no one on the main roster capable of accomplishing this in the current booking environment, Taker probably should have retired with the streak intact.
>>
Kevin Owens
>>
>>1224319
Brock Lesnar
>>
Rey Mysterious
>>
>>1225444

Based Taker. Company man, a wrestlers wrestler, and an example of how to do business the right way.
>>
No one. It got too huge so the person breaking the streak would've had literally nothing to so after that.
>>
>>1224361
Fans loving a heel isn't good.
>>
>>1224319
Crispy Noah
>>
Turned out it was Brock Lesnar who broke the streak.
>>
>>1225804
yep ric flair did no business.
>>
>>1225444

>Seems after 25 years he's the only one that has some sense of integrity about it.

Why doesn't he retire?
When was the last time he had an actual good match?
All Bork matches were shit cause he can't take much bumps.
His promos are shit, cause creative.
All he is about is his gimmic and an entrance longer than his matches
>>
Big Show & A-Train
>>
>>1225859
Because he still draws, and there are literally two other active wrestlers in wwe who draw.
>>
>>1225869
How the fuck does he draw though? I'm not saying he doesn't but why would anyone give a shit about watching Taker bumble around his matches? His last match was only decent because Shane tried to kill himself.
>>
>>1225896
Because marks only care about cool gimmicks and flashiness, which he has. They don't give a shit about ability and don't even have the capability to recognise it.
>>
>>1225896
Because he's the undertaker, the same reason people like love an austin match even though he can barely move these days.
>>
>>1225896
If you don't goosebumps during Taker's entrance you are either the worst smark of all time or not a fan of wrestling.
>>
Nobody should've broken the streak to be honest. It should've just been some legendary thing in wrestling that never got topped. At the very least it shouldn't have been squandered on a part timer like Lesnar
>>
Batista
Roman Reigns
>>
>To give another wrestler a push

I dunno. Wyatt maybe? That'd need some long build up but I can see it.

>Who deserved to end it

Lots...but I'd put Kane at the top. Not anymore I guess, but there would've been a certain amount of pottery if it worked out that way.
>>
>>1227004
Yeah, as far as "established guys who wouldn't really need the rub", Kane would have topped my list. Perfect gold Rolex for the ultimate company man.
>>
>>1225856
Ric Flair's Naitch gimmick is not the typical heel gimmick.
>>
>>1225601
This completely.
>>1224319
Chris Jericho could've been a good one... Love No Country For Old Men heel Jericho. Dolph Ziggler wouldn't be as fitting.
>>
File: 1449617666155.gif (2 MB, 339x190) Image search: [Google]
1449617666155.gif
2 MB, 339x190
>>1225601
>undertaker beats hhh twice
>hhh beats sting
how does sting beat the guy who was too strong for someone sting himself lost to?
>>
File: 1461530583482.png (231 KB, 328x336) Image search: [Google]
1461530583482.png
231 KB, 328x336
>>1227359
>Cowardly heel
>Not typical
>>
>>1233259
wrestling isnt real
>>
>>1233271
fiction is bound by the logic it generates
>>
>>1224319
Orton 2005

otherwise Brock made sense because he was stagnant as fuck before the streak win
>>
>>1227004
>>1227018
Kane seems like a great choice, mostly because the poor dude needs something to be proud of for once.

Still Bork wasn't a bad call, at least it was believable.
>>
>>1225381
>implying he wasn't one of the most over people ever despite wrestling for barely 4 years total from 1997 to 2003
>>
>>1224319
It would have to be someone established enough, and far enough into their career that it didn't completely overshadow everything they had done so far, and potentially everything they would do after that point, but also someone young and good enough to make proper use of it.
There are a few guys right now who could've been built to that were they around in the proper time period, but at the time, Lesnar and Cena were the only legitimate candidates.
>>
The Undertaker is the only one who should have ended the streak, by choosing to. Less giving people a rub but more so the taker pulling his own curtain closed.

An undefeated taker dragging a austin vs bret level bloody shane on top of him to get his deranged father and son in law out of the company after years of tyranny would have made a compelling moment.
>>
>>1233432
>emphasize Vince attempting to be controlling and domineering of Taker more-so in the build-up
>have him speak more presumptuously of the control he holds, to demeaning lengths
>make Vince more of a giga-Heel, if Taker lashes back and doesn't go through with this match, he'll erase any spec the streak from the WWE Network archives
>Shane vs Taker occurs
>what you said happens
>Taker takes it way too far, even Vince is visibly distressed as his son gets fucking brutalized
>Taker finally goes for the pin
>1
>2
>lifts himself up
>"Fuck you, Vince."
>drags Shane atop himself

That would've been pretty GOAT done well, honestly.
>>
>>1233438
Holy shit, I'd have been marking(pun intended) for days if that had occurred.
>>
>>1224319
Dean Malenko or Gillberg.
>>
>>1233259
If you lose to someone at a video game, does that mean you can never beat them again?
>>
Should have been punk.
>>
>>1233438
Should have booked it Vince
>>
I think it should've gone to BO DALLAS

The power of BOLIEVING conquers all, even the almighty power of the Undertaker!
>>
Breaking the streak was a mistake.

But I'd say either Kane, Austin or Sting.
>>
It Should've been sting the final WCW vs. WWE match wrestlemania 31 and stings debut in WWE
>>
Benoit
>>
>>1237845
See >>1225813
>>
Nakamura
>>
>Sting
Too old and aside Vince would rather shoot himself. If both were in good shape/in their primes, it could have been a decent match.
>Cena
WWE doesn't want a heel turn for him and everyone knows that kind of heat is reserved for heels/part-timers.
>Punk
Another great match, but as another anon said, it would have put him on the top for 10 years and everyone knows Shovel Guy doesn't like people who remind him of himself.
>Orton
Was too young at the time, and isn't as over as he was as the Legend Killer.
>Kane
A "passing of the torch" match that ends with Rowan and Harper murdering both and becoming the new Brothers of Destruction.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.