[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>According to 24 Hour Wrestling, a new WWE Title design has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 19
File: we eagle now.jpg (35 KB, 479x359) Image search: [Google]
we eagle now.jpg
35 KB, 479x359
>According to 24 Hour Wrestling, a new WWE Title design has been commissioned resembling the Winged Style Classic Title.

GET FUCKING HYPE
>>
>>1221957
bs. why would they change the design for the third time in three years
>>
>>1221963
>third time in three years

It's not really the third because the second time wasn't a massive overhaul, just a necessary modification to represent current branding.
Really, this would just be the second change in three years; that's still quite a bit, considering how long-running the spinner belt was, but I wouldn't be adverse to it considering the current belt is fucking ugly.
>>
Is this the WWE World Heavyweight title or is this just a belt that we aren't sure of what it is.

It sounds to me like this could be tied to the Crusierweight Series.
>>
>>1221988
Look at the fucking pic
>>
>>1221957
I like the current belt, tho. It's my second favorite following the big gold.
>>
>>1221957
fine as long as they keep the custom sideplates
>>
>women finally get a belt like the men's
>men's gets changed to something vastly different a month later
Kek
>>
File: 1460849489882.png (3 MB, 1249x1402) Image search: [Google]
1460849489882.png
3 MB, 1249x1402
Thank fucking god.

I hated the scratched W that The Rock "made", and I hated the redesign for the new belt. It doesn't look like a title belt, it looks like a prop, a kid's toy.
>>
>>1221957
>>1222002
It makes sense to do that, in a way.
You initially change the Diva's belt to the Women's Title, have it closely resemble the Top Male Title to promote the notion of equality.
Then, you promptly switch the Male Title to something that's not gaudy, uninspired trash, to re-establish the separation between Males and Females, because it ultimately does exist.
You get to boast equality, but keep the divide clear.
Reptilian tactics.
>>
Based Roman getting a new belt after his win at Payback when he forms an alliance with Anderson and Gallows and completes his heel turn
>>
>>1221990
That is not the real pic though.. right?
That looks 90s as fuck they couldn't actually be thinking about using something like that.
>>
>>1222013
>it looks like a prop, a kid's toy.

Who do you think buys most replica belts in the modern PG era buddy?
>>
>>1222037
Fat, vertically challenged 30 year old men with a lot of facial hair
>>
>>1222037

I knew that as I typed that, hell, everyone knows that, but they've been chasing so hard for that mainstream appeal forever, might as well make something a little more "legit".
>>
>>1222040
Kevin Owens needs to have his moment somehow.
>>
Does that mean there will be a new champion?

I just can't see Roman unveiling it considering his crowd reaction.
>>
>>1222051
>AY BBGURLS
>YOU KNOW IM NOT A GOOD GUY
>IM NOT A BAD GUY
>IM THE GUY
>[boos]
>AND THE GUY NEEDS THE CHAMPIONSHIP
>[louder boos]
>SO FOR MY BBGURL AT HOME, JOJO
>DADDY LOVES YOU, BABY
>[mild pop for JoJo]
>THIS RIGHT HERE IS THE GUY'S CHAMPIONSHIP

DUHNUH
DUHNUH
DUHNUH
DUH NUHHH
>>
>winged eagle
>not shit

Attitude era belt looked best senpai
>>
>>1222051
>I just can't see Roman unveiling it considering his crowd reaction.
people have said that things wont happen because of his crowd reaction but they ended up happening anyway
stop being stupid
>>
File: file.png (354 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
file.png
354 KB, 642x361
>>1222058
>Not the Stone Cold variant

kys
>>
>main plate says wrestling
>thinking they'll ever gonna use this
>>
New Cena belt
>>
>>1221957
YES
>>
>>1222037
Have you seen the average belt mark in the crowd these days? Kids don't really buy them.
>>
>>1221990
That pic is the silver (metal) version of the old one
>>
>>1221996
That's probably why they're getting rid of the new so they can hotshot the title around and not spend money on new side plates
>>
>>1222051
It's the new Smackdown title for when they do the brand split.
>>
>>1222037
Still got my U.S. Spinner Title belt desu
>>
>>1222072
>Have you seen the average belt mark in the crowd these days?

No but I've seen one on Raw cutting 20 minute promos for the past few years
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 572x548) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 572x548
>actually believing this
>>
>Pro
Returning it to a classy timeless look is a really fucking great idea. The Spinner was fucking atrocious from day one, and even the current version still looks gaudy as fuck.

>Con
It feels like they're changing the heavyweight belt way too much now. It's not even that long ago that the spinner was still around (it only went away in 2013), so we've barely got to know the current version, which itself was only recently altered slightly to reflect the new WWE logo. It makes it seem like WWE doesn't have a clue what the fuck it's doing (which is probably accurate).
>>
>>1221957
It's probably just to be used for a segment.
Only nostalgia marks think it's a good idea to bring back old designs.
The design doesn't matter, it's the booking around it.
The old IC has been back for almost five years and has meant jack shit in that time.
>>
>>1222107
>brand split.
Is there any viable source about a brand split?
>>
my dad said 24 hour wrestling a crook
>>
>>1222130
There was just some house show or RAW that noted a split not too long ago. Truthfully, no one knows what's happening. WWE books hour to hour anyway.
>>
>>1222130
No, it'll never happen again, or not least in the immediate future. The roster is threadbare as it is with injuries and so forth, so how the hell would things look under a brand split?
>>
THIS IS AJ STYLES BELT

BULLET CLUB HYPE

THE ERA OF ACTUAL TALENT RISING TO THE TOP
>>
I actually like the current belt's gemstone look.
>>
>>1222139
There is more than enough talent that could generate a brand split. That being said most of them are jobbers.

Also with TNA losing more stars and NXT filling the hell up they can always shove them to Smackdown. Think about all the wrestlers like Braun, Kalisto and Ryback. They can be relevant again.
>>
Looks bad, who cares all the titles are worthless either way.
>>
File: dog fed.jpg (260 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
dog fed.jpg
260 KB, 900x948
>>1222154
>>
>>1222145
You want a manlet to be champ? You like him for being the best fake wrestler. No wonder these ratings are down. We need soap opera for males not this crap.
>>
>>1222153
That's what WWE doesn't realize. They have WAY too many guys on the roster not doing anything.
A brand split for the main roster would work, but also a split for developmental.
They could do something with Main Event and rebrand it. So much talent aren't getting opportunities because of how thin the rosters are presented.
As the product stands right now, it's barely watchable. The only reason I'm tuning in is out of habit.
>>
>>1222159
How does that make me autistic. Its the truth the titles are all devalued and its ugly to be the world title.
>>
>>1222167
>They could do something with Main Event and rebrand it
I have no idea why they introduced this in the first place. Do they even make a profit out of it?
>>
>>1222182
I think it still airs on TV outside the US, so they make some money on advertisements.
>>
>>1222173
Never called you autistic bruh but to say they're ALL devalued is silly.
>>
>>1222130
Its not gonna happen.

They don't have enough talent as it is since we see the same matches every god damn week. They also have ZERO star power. Any fan favorites get stifled and corporate only pushes their guy on looks alone, which means nobody gets over. So where exactly would they find a draw for the second brand?

They can't even make RAW watchable 90% of the time. So how do you think they'd be able to pull off a brand split? Is creative going to suddenly start putting effort into their booking?
>>
>>1222190
>live in yurop
>randomly switching channels on TV
>oh shit, Main Event
>Zzzzayn vs Stardust
>empty fucking stands everywhere
>match is not even that good and Zzzz wins after a helluva kick outta nowhere

Boy that was crap
>>
>>1222204
I agree with everything apart from the enough talent. Even with the injuries they can pull off a "split" but yes it would be total shit with the way its heading.
>>
maybe it is for the cruiserweight series they are doing?
>>
>>1222182
I remember it being pretty good when they brought it back but it was one of those situations where the first match was good/decent and the rest of it was garbage.
They literally just let the quality of it tank which is too bad they could have just made it a half hour long and done one good match
>>
>>1222268
You do realise the image is the old WWE title just with the iron metal look right?

>inb4 le baited heh!
>>
File: DSCN4969.jpg (99 KB, 750x428) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4969.jpg
99 KB, 750x428
>>1222282
Please tell me how its completely different to this you nigger.
>>
>>1222293
those twisting bars around the edges are sick
>>
File: evans.jpg (21 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
evans.jpg
21 KB, 360x360
>>1222282
>>1222293
Tripfag destroyed
>>
>>1222216
I mean sure, they've got plenty of guys just twatting around with nothing to do. Aka most of the midcard. They've got enough people to do it.

But I cannot sincerely believe creative is going to magically start putting effort into building up the rest of the roster. Or putting effort into booking a compelling storyline.
>>
File: 0118.png (209 KB, 395x387) Image search: [Google]
0118.png
209 KB, 395x387
>>1222418
>eyes checked
Went to the optition last month he siad its perfect (Yes I went outside, you should try it!)
>fat
Weigh 12 stones nigga
>manlet
6ft I guess according to Vince I am.

Seriously though, you couldn't even say the logos are different? Cmon son.
>>
>>1222120
>It makes it seem like WWE doesn't have a clue what the fuck it's doing
>the company that booked a recent wrestlemania where the fate of the company was in the balance
>went the opposite direction of the booked result
>that same mania had a main event where people hated both guys and did nothing as a swerve
>wwe knows what they're doing
>>1222125
>le reddit boogeyman for any post longer than a sentence
>>
>>1222456
You still can't say what is different.

Look you don't have to admit that you were wrong, no one is going to judge you. Just stop posing and embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>1221957
They just created the current belt. Why would they change it so soon? Unless the replicas are selling like shit.
>>
THIS IS NOT THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE
THIS IS NOT THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
THIS IS THE TITLE
>>
>>1221957
thing that makes me think that this is BS is that this belt says "Wrestling" on it.
>>
File: ecwworld2.png (72 KB, 300x177) Image search: [Google]
ecwworld2.png
72 KB, 300x177
>>1221957
Why is it made out of a metal material, haven't they learn from last time?
>>
File: index.jpg (816 B, 11x12) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
816 B, 11x12
>the stone cold wwf title is better than the john cena spinner title
>>
>>1222309
True, it's definitely one of the best belt designs
>>
>>1221963

it's for the brand split dipshit
>>
Is this why they did the photoshoots with the winged belt on everyone?
>>
File: adrswageagle.jpg (61 KB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
adrswageagle.jpg
61 KB, 1284x722
>>1223202
nah they usually do that every couple of years or so.
>>
>>1221957
>WWE World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion
>WWE ... Wrestling Champion
>WWE ... Wrestling
Hoax.
>>
>>1223135
>why is it made out of metal material
You can't be this stupid
>>
Fucking igits. It was a version of the belt that was made for the photoshoot on their website using retro belts.
>>
>>1223219
Dude, your dick is dirty. Take a shower once in a while.
>>
>>1223237
Whatever you say Dirty Dick
>>
>>1223247
Try using some soap and wash cloth instead of just standing under the water, you pile of filth.
>>
File: 1460658367404.jpg (66 KB, 612x574) Image search: [Google]
1460658367404.jpg
66 KB, 612x574
>>1223226
So what is it exactly???
>>
>>1223229
>>
>>1223274
Good post.
>>
>>1223274
Wait hold on a sec, I got a better one
>>
>>1223229
OPs pic has a modern WWE logo and the side plates are spiked

it is for the brand split and will be the Smackdown WHC you dumbfucks
>>
>>1221957
It says "wrestling" on it. Gotta be fake, no way Vince would allow that.
>>
>>1223294
Exactly. All of you butthurt fans will forget about this in a couple of weeks. Enjoy your Roman Empire.
>>
>>1223252
You do understand metal is something on the periodic table right? Non-metals, metalliods, and nonmetals. Make sure you understand basic shit before you post.
>>
>>1223393
Last one was supposed to be metals my bad.
>>
File: 1353286607006.gif (2 MB, 334x193) Image search: [Google]
1353286607006.gif
2 MB, 334x193
>>1223393
>>
>>1221957
Calling it now

>Anderson and Gallows cost Roman at Payback
>AJ wins title
>Hates he didn't win clean
>Vacates the title
>Shane/Haitch shows up and debuts new belt
>continue storyline
>Roman wins it back
>>
File: woooooo.jpg (7 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
woooooo.jpg
7 KB, 262x192
>mfw tripshit deletes his posts
>>
File: the state of cena.gif (2 MB, 400x210) Image search: [Google]
the state of cena.gif
2 MB, 400x210
>>1223393
Yes I do understand what you mean, but what I was wondering if it was made out of steel, iron, nickel or platinum because the picture is low quality and its hard tell what's it's made out of, I guess I should have been more specific with my question.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.