[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's nothing more I love than the dead silence during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5
File: the jobvillains.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the jobvillains.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
There's nothing more I love than the dead silence during The Vaudevillains entrance.

It's so painfully/hilariously awkward
>>
>>1210369
>both contenders for the tag team titles are recent rookie callups who haven't even been on the main roster for a whole month yet.
>>
>>1210421
Would you rather get more Usos?
>>
>>1210369
Vaudevillians barely even worked in NXT and that audience likes all sorts of crap. For their sake hope they squirrel away that main roster money
>>
They should be racist, it would be in character for them. The only thing going for them is the lack of heel tag teams, especially if LoN break up and the Wyatt Family turn face.

>>1210421
The Dudley will interfere in the final. In Payback, it will be the Dudleys, E&C and the Vaudevillians in a Tables, Ladders & Antique Chairs match for the #1 contender.

New Day will win a title match against Sheamus and ADR, as Rusev will have been kicked out and turn face.
>>
>>1210710
The finals are at Payback kek
>>
>>1210369
I love em suck a dick.
>>
>>1210369
a tournament for the tag team championship is still the silliest shit i've ever heard of
>>
>>1210745
it's so they can face each other without any story.
>>
File: SIMONGOTCH.jpg (28 KB, 552x370) Image search: [Google]
SIMONGOTCH.jpg
28 KB, 552x370
>>1210710
Simon Gotch already looks like Hitler sometimes
>>
>>1210853
My new favorite tag team. Sieg Heil!
>>
Mandatory reminder that Aiden English is now part of the Guerrero wrestling dynasty
>>
>>1210592
How about neither?
>>
>>1210922
Is this true?
>>
>>1210710
id work, to get them over as heels

shane tells them to do a 5man tag match, they side with the new day, and they just show disgust or something

but it would cause a shit storm
>>
>>1210853
Why would they be heels?
>>
>>1210369
SIMON GOTCH GOT SOME SAGGY PECS
>>
> filename: The Jobvillains
> they're holding championships

OP dumb AF
>>
Simon Gotch blocked me on Instagram because I said The Vaudevillains are just going to job, hahaha
>>
>>1211021

You have to be 18+ to be on 4chan
>>
Based fatass got no pop too
>>
They are the few ones that actually wrestle in character. But their gimmick is just too indie to go over without vignettes, or at least a social media push. A youtube channel would be enough.
>>
>>1211095
> too indie

But their gimmick is a 100% WWE thing, Aiden barely even wrestled on the indies
>>
>>1210927
he's married to vickie's daughter
>>
>>1210369

They came out to very little reaction on NXT by the end, I'm starting to think that Vince called them up to prove a point to HHH and stop his head getting too big.
>>
>>1211149
>I'm starting to think that Vince called them up to prove a point to HHH and stop his head getting too big.

dafuq kind of delusional shit is this
>>
>>1211149
They just need heel tag teams, that is the only reason why they are on the main roster. LoN will break up and the Wyatts were turning babyface.
>>
>>1211166
BAMF should've gotten called up
>>
>They got to hold the NXT Tag Titles
>Enzo and Cass never did
Why?
>>
>>1210745
not even for the championship for a title match which is given out for no reason at all on random Smackdowns and PPV pre-shows all the time
>>
>>1211225
Because they never needed the titles to get over.
>>
File: 1408290314686.gif (287 KB, 609x862) Image search: [Google]
1408290314686.gif
287 KB, 609x862
It's not surprising that they are greeted with total silence.

This is going to keep happening when WWE refuses to treat talent coming up properly.

EVERY single talent from NXT should be treated to hype videos explaining who they are for a couple of weeks before coming up and at least a small storyline to get involved in plus some mic time to actually oh, I don't know, connect with the fucking audience.

They have done reasonable well in this regard with Terry Crews, doing all of the above and now the casual audience knows what he's about.

A tiny percentage of viewers watch NXT. They see these two goofs coming out with absolutely ZERO hype and no context as to who they are other than perhaps a few words from Maggle and it's a surprise when they are met with deafening silence.

The incompetence of WWE seems so over the top and so easy to fix. I can't fathom it. At least give them a chance with the above suggestions.
>>
>>1211286
This. It's a fucking three hour show already with a ton of filler. Why isn't every call-up getting vignettes weeks in advance?
>>
>>1211289
We need more time for pwurta rico
>>
>>1211225
Do you really wish Enzo & Cass had gotten the weak non-reign that the Vaudevillains did?

They never even got to defend the championships on a Takeover
>>
File: 1 (2).jpg (54 KB, 841x467) Image search: [Google]
1 (2).jpg
54 KB, 841x467
>>1211286

LOL, I called him fucking Terry Crews. Apollo Crews I mean, of course. Just shows how dumb that fucking name is. Smashing Terry Crews and Apollo Creed's names together is such a WWE move. They're black and strong and so is our guy!

>>1211289

Yep. At least the aforementioned Crews got some love in this regard instead of being dropped cold on the main roster. Enzo and Cass were able to come out and do their smack talking and catchy shtick on the mic that got them over but a couple of guys like the Vaudevillains are just thrown on there to have a matches and the crowd has no clue what's going on or what they are about.

This happens FAR too often. It should be absolutely mandatory to have vignettes, backstage segments, storylines..the whole fucking works before coming up to Raw. If they don't have all that in place then wait until they do. They will be better served staying in NXT a bit longer until the stars align for a proper program to work.

They still use a London taxi cab on the entrance ramp when they do shows in the London because it's such a British thing and make the heels tell jokes about the Royals like it's going to offend a British WWE crowd.

It's hilarious how out of touch Vince really is and obviously too stubborn to bring in some proper contemporary help other than a bunch of terrified failed hollywood script writers that don't know shit about the product and get bullied by Michael P.S Hayes and Stephanie McMahon on a daily basis.

The Great Khali's former manager is currently their lead writer.

Says it all.
>>
>>1211286
>The incompetence of WWE seems so over the top and so easy to fix. I can't fathom it.

Vince is a stubborn, out-of-touch geezer.
>>
>>1211286
This problem extends to most of the NXT call ups. They will probably fuck up Balor, Asuka, bayley, and Nakamura.
>>
>>1211310
Asuka will never be called up in all likelihood. It's probably better that way desu
>>
>>1210421
At least Enzo & Cass are massively over with the crowd, so the immediate push they are getting is justified.
>>
Do nerds like these dudes? I found them boring same for the usos. Should not be on tv.
>>
>>1211338

>posting on /asp/ calling others nerds. pls.

And of course they are boring. They haven't been giving a chance to be entertaining. That's the entire point.
>>
To be fair nobody knows who the fuck they are
If I were a normal human I wouldn't cheer for these guys who I never seen in my life
>>
>>1211299
>The Great Khali's former manager is currently their lead writer.
Well if Teddy (Henry former manager) can get a show over then maybe WWE though Sing could.
>>
>>1211298

Vaudevillains defended the tag titles against Blake and Murphy at TakeOver Brooklyn.
>>
They're whole "Ye olde times" gimmick is going nowhere. I don't know how they were received in NXT, but immediately i was over them. Like where can you go with a gimmick like that? It's a complete dead end.
>>
>>1211358
...but they're heels.

>>1211429
They defended them in the match they WON them in?
>>
>>1210923
Why?
Enzo/Cass and VV are fresh and both solid teams. Who cares if they're recent call-ups? Let the new guys shine for a while to get eyes on them.
Besides, there's nobody else really that viable.
>>
>>1210421
> complaining about WWE actually pushing fresh talent
>>
>>1211319
She's getting called up before SummerSlam

Asuka has charisma and everything else about her. She was supposed to face Charlotte in Japan and SummerSlam.
>>
>>1211310

Asuka is prob never gonna get called up because A) She's no Spring Chicken and B) No one else can fill the benchmark for the women in NXT right now within the next 6-12 months and by then she might want to retire with her head held high.

Nakamura same shit not getting any younger, worn down, casual RAW only watching jimmies don't give a fuck about STRONG STYLE NIPPONESE unless they can speak english promos and are named Roman Reigns despite what WM merch sales say.

Balor is looking like he is going to be part of Not Bullet Club.

Bayley...........poor, poor Bayley. Kevin Dunn is going to take one look at her average looking face and demand Eva Marie get pushed to the moon instead.
>>
>>1211481

Citation please?
>>
>>1211437

tell that to Deuce and Domino.

fuck they even had the tag belts for a minute.
>>
>>1211310

>RAW Creative
>knowing what to do with japanese wrestlers

pick none. At least black people had multiple belts in the 'E. When was the last time an asian superstar had a belt on the main roster?
>>
>>1211509
wrestling observer, I saw it on a facebook post couple days of ago
>>
>>1211524
wrestling observer said Charlotte vs Sasha was the Summerslam match
>>
>>1210421
Within a year and a half the WWE went from having a shit tag team division to a decent one and your the faggot that complains.

Get raped
>>
>>1211525
that's true, but you never know how WWE fucks it up in the end

Asuka might win it in Japan or in September for Night of Champions
>>
>>1211534

who the blue hell would Asuka drop the NXT belt to? Unless they push someone to the moon or use a dusty finish with no rematch clause I don't see it.
>>
>>1211544
>drop the NXT belt to
Nia Jax, the unstoppable monster, they'll play up that she lost to Bayley because of inexperience but now that she knows what she's doing no-one can beat her.
>>
>>1211442
Don't expect asp to use logic in their b8 troll rantings. The dumbest people on here are the ones who scream about Smarks/getting worked etc. Why, if they're so determined it was better when 8ft statues did 20 min nerve holds, they don't just watch old stuff on the network is beyond me.
>>
>>1211553
Nia Jax is inexperienced either, Asuka doing double duty to carry both titles.
>>
>>1211553

>Nia Jax

REMOVE SAMOAN
>>
>>1211504
It's the "casual RAW only watching jimmies" who got blown away by the STRONG STYLE match in Dallas tho.

> you need mic skills to get over in WWE

This is laughably false.
>>
>>1210369
>There's nothing more I love than petty things in mandrama
how pathetic, even for faggots. if this is an attempt from a smarkbuster groupie, than it failed miserably since even in nxt vaudevillains was not smark's favorite, though they got better reception than ascension. better luck next time.

>>1211553
jax's still injured, isn't she?
>>
>>1211544
I'd imagine that once Adrien debuts she'll be a force in the division, plus there's always a chance one of the Aussie girls could level up.

Nikki Storm just got signed, too.
>>
>Their finisher is a neckbreaker
>>
>>1211585
I didn't know she got injured.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 300x450
My actual problem with the Vaudevillains is that they don't fully commit to the bit, they have this outlandish gimmick and instead of making the most out of it, they have their entrance and then proceed to wrestle like any other shmoe on the roster, they have no interesting offense, no signature spots, they don't have old-timey in-ring mannerisms like nerve holds, or test of strenght, or posing for wrestling magazine photographers in the middle o the match, nothing.

Just look at other guys like Dasher Hatfield or Matt Classic, sure, they're in small Indy promotions and it's easier to get away with goofy bullshit there, but at least it's SOMETHING instead of nothing at all.

I want to like the Vaudevillains, I miss wacky characters like this in mainstream wrestling, but they give me no reason to.
>>
>>1211620
I think their finishing move needs to be faster. It needs to flow, the neckbreaker needs to come right after the uppercut. They used to do that, now there is a huge gap of time. feels weaker
>>
>Vaudevillains beat Enzo and Cass in a shocking upset
>Internet smarks scream in disgust
>It's now Vaudevillains vs. New Day at Payback for the tag titles
>Vaudevillains go on to beat the New Day for the titles
>Reddit implodes
>IWC begins organizing a collective suicide pact
>A dark age in the tag-team division has begun
>Vaudevillains begin cutting a promo after they completely bury the New Day
>"There's nobody, and I mean nobody, on this roster that can beat us!"
>Suddenly, this music hits
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQsTX0jLOOs
>>
>>1211620
They had a "DUKES UP!" bit in NXT that they're yet to use on the main roster, as well as Gotch having wacky old-timer moves.
>>
>>1211652
I'M MARKING OUT BRO
>>
>>1211630
I blame the flying samoans for it on raw. they used to have another finisher where English did a dive off the top rope. They should bring that back.

>>1211653
Yeah they used to do more, like have their vignettes as well, but I agree with the other guy they should do more old timey things.
>>
>>1211620
Having known nothing about them before their appearances just recently, this fucking sums it up.
I was digging the entrance and the look but once they started working there was nothing popping there and went about shitposting.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.