[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does one get into wrestling? its like a soap opera right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: wwe.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
wwe.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
how does one get into wrestling? its like a soap opera right? how far back have the storylines and characters been going on for?
>>
i actually wrestle
>>
As a kid, usually, but I know people who started watching it much later. I think they just did it to be like me though.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 400x298
>>1176710
>>
Just watch a randwom show. It's not like wwe has complex stories or anything. Also, don't expect logic and continuity.
>>
The short term story lines typically reset after Wrestlemania. The Raw after Mania has become very much like any other shows season premiere. Also, the weeks before a PPV and the PPV itself can be seen typically as one multi part (Raw part 1,2,3,4 PPV) "episode."

In regards to long term story lines, that's the purpose of the commentators, as shitty as they are now. They are there to remind you and inform you of anything you, as a new viewer may not know. For example, Roman and Dean have a conversation about how they always have eachother's backs. Okay, you know they are friends. Then, later, Cole says "working together back like they used to in the Shield." Okay, now you know they were in a group. etc etc. Any need to know info is given to you by the commentary team to keep you relatively well informed.
>>
>>1176722
>wwe anything like regular tv shows
Dumb as fuck
>>
>>1176704
It's a bad soap opera that makes no sense from week to week, unless you watch for nostalgia reasons you should avoid it. If you find it interesting, go watch shoot interviews from old wrestlers where they talk shit about the business and the road
>>
>>1176720
i do.

i'm getting trained by konan right now
>>
>>1176704
>how far back have the storylines and characters been going on for?
Depends really. A few last for a while but most characters come and go, most storylines come and go. Continuity isn't WWE's strong point.
>>
>>1176704
OP, if you're still here.

There are story lines. These usually involve faces (good guys) and heels (bad guys). These story lines usually accumulate at monthly pay-per views. Sometimes these story lines last for months, maybe even a full year. So, because of that, every Monday just gives a little bit of the storyline. It's easy to hop in and understand what's going on
>>
>>1176704
Last raw started the new season. Storylines will all be relatively fresh
>>
>>1176704
>want to be a wrestler
>fight brother on moms bed
>move on to backyard wrestling as sweaty teen
>join wrestling club
>get into indys
>get scouted
>go through every shit organization across the world
>end up in wwe
>future endeavoured
>mickey rourke'd
>>
File: 1405618653435.webm (3 MB, 608x336) Image search: [Google]
1405618653435.webm
3 MB, 608x336
>>1176725
>michael cole is still around
>>
wrestlemania just ended, so the only storyline you really need to know is the Authority storyline,

Know who the champs are, who the high ranked wrestlers are, and big rivalries like zayne and owens
>>
>>1176710
That wasn't even the question you fucking faggot
>>
>>1176704
Triple H's storyline just ended. It had been going since around '92.
>>
If you didn't watch it as a kid then just give up.

I know if I didn't get exposed to it I'd think it's the dumbest thing imaginable to watch (which at most times it is)
>>
>>1176710
Shut up fatass
>>
>>1176704
Why? Wrestling is mocked by everyone and the story-lines are bad, fanbase is as autistic as comic geeks or mlp. Find another hobby.
>>
File: basedsteph.jpg (24 KB, 431x365) Image search: [Google]
basedsteph.jpg
24 KB, 431x365
>>1176966
>Wrestling is mocked by everyone

SO is just about every hobby
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.